White Privilege

17,370 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
Oldbear83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Waco1947 said:

Considering if one's blind spots may need to be examined is a great starting point for our racial attitudes.
Jesus had a comment on people judging someone else's vision.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Well said.

Yep, life is 5% what happens to you, 10% how you react to it and 85% what you do about it.
Except if you are black. You started on third base as did I because we are white. Explore that notion
How do you know?

Don't tell me you are one of these mental midgets incapable of shaking off the years of being hammered with the rallying cry that racism is the only permitted explanation for black failure.

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
4th and Inches
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Whiteness is not a thing. Racism is real. It always has been. It always will be. As long as people are different there will be racism. 38 to 46 million people in this world are estimated to be in slavery right now. Shouldn't that be a bigger concern than those in slavery 150 years ago, or at least as much?

All I have every wanted, in my white world I guess, is equal opportunity. That is all my constitution offers me. Do I have advantages because my ancestors were successful Doctors and farmers? I guess so. I can see that, but that does preclude anything. There is still opportunity. I know a lot of people who had tough childhoods and are great parents. Just because of how you were born or the condition you lived in doesn't mean you are destined for anything.

Victimization is polarizing. Progressives know and understand this. If the purpose of identifying racism as a political tactic was to help people, it would have already been done. It is only for a vote. Real change comes from the heart. It starts with each us and isn't what my parents were or weren't. Own your situation, condition or environment. Sorry that life is tough, but there is plenty of proof that everyone can make it if they choose.
Well said.

Yep, life is 5% what happens to you, 10% how you react to it and 85% what you do about it.
Except if you are black. You started on third base as did I because we are white. Explore that notion

As a POC with a wife who is an immigrant to this country, I strongly disagree with your premise. Explore that notion

Also explore socioeconomics vs race/culture and how poverty creates more harm and bias than skin color. Help the poor and the world is better for it
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Waco1947 said:

Volunteer said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"Stooge?" I asked fair question
"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/10/trump-vs-obama-accomplishments-blacks/
"Mow?"
Nothing absolutely done with
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
"Council's report features months of hard work and observation of community redevelopment and nourishment. The report is divided into five sections and makes references to the newly released Volume Two of the Council's Community Toolkit, which is also available on the "OpportunityZones.gov" website. The five sections of the report include the following: (1) Best Practices of Local Governments, (2) Best Practices of State Governments, (3) Best Practices of the Foundations and Non-Profits Making an impact in Opportunity Zones, (4) Best Practices of Qualified Opportunity Funds, and (5) Pairing Opportunity Zone Capital with Federal Resources." HUD.gov
A report is not helpful to blacks. Where's the action?
yes, you're Moe, as in one of three stooges... Not surprised it got lost on you.

Okay, cool.... what about all the stuff that was done and not a plan

But I bet you think Obama was great for Black America because he gave them more food stamps.

Wac47
I understand Moebit I don't understand the name calling. I have respectful. I ask the of you.
Opportunity Zones Legislation became a boondoggle for the rich.
" Mr. Scaramucci's development in New Orleans offers a portrait of how the tax break works. His investment company, SkyBridge Capital, is using the so-called opportunity zone initiative to help build a hotel, outfitted with an opulent restaurant and a rooftop pool, in the city's trendy Warehouse District.

The tax benefit also is helping finance the construction of a 46-story, glass-wrapped apartment tower amenities include a yoga lawn and a pool surrounded by cabanas and daybeds in a Houston neighborhood already brimming with new projects aimed at the wealthy."
Yes it is so much better to leave the vacant dilapidated buildings rather than build something new that might actually be financially feasible and provide jobs to the local citizenry. How thoughtless.
Except it is not better because the money flowed to rich people who built what people cannot afford or built in non black communities. Read up it.

I'm no fan of Opportunity Zones or TIFFs or other government thumbs on the scale, but if investors can make a profit selling to rich folks I have no problem with that. And don't discount the jobs that flowed from the project.

why not a fan of opportunity zones? As a self-described libertarian, I would think you love the idea of the gov't not stealing as much of your money through captial gains taxes

The government says, "hey, invest over here and we won't steal as much of your money through capital gains taxes. As a matter of fact, invest long enough and we won't steal any of your capital gains."
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Whiteness is not a thing. Racism is real. It always has been. It always will be. As long as people are different there will be racism. 38 to 46 million people in this world are estimated to be in slavery right now. Shouldn't that be a bigger concern than those in slavery 150 years ago, or at least as much?

All I have every wanted, in my white world I guess, is equal opportunity. That is all my constitution offers me. Do I have advantages because my ancestors were successful Doctors and farmers? I guess so. I can see that, but that does preclude anything. There is still opportunity. I know a lot of people who had tough childhoods and are great parents. Just because of how you were born or the condition you lived in doesn't mean you are destined for anything.

Victimization is polarizing. Progressives know and understand this. If the purpose of identifying racism as a political tactic was to help people, it would have already been done. It is only for a vote. Real change comes from the heart. It starts with each us and isn't what my parents were or weren't. Own your situation, condition or environment. Sorry that life is tough, but there is plenty of proof that everyone can make it if they choose.
Well said.

I tell you what Moe, since you believe that it sucks to be black in America today, why don't you share your solutions with us racists?

What are your answers to solve the problem with being black today? Write up, genius.
whiterock
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

If We whites refuse to explore racial reality by not discussing them they will continue.
Talking about race is not divisive but unifying. To Understand another's reality can produce empathy and change within ourselves.

That's not quite true.
When we talk about race, we are talking about something we not only do not have in common, but something it is impossible to have in common.

If we are going to reach epluribus unum, we MUST talk about things we do have in common. And there is much to talk about. We share the human condition We all need to eat today. To work today. To have a safe, dry place to sleep. We all yearn for freedom, family, and a better life for our kids. For those of us who believe in Christ, we have in common the most important thing of all.

CRT is purpose built to prevent epluribus unum. It dehumanizes the individual by reducing each of us to a single uncommon denominator which should not matter at all. Sadly, the left has elevated it to primacy to allow compassionate racists something to virtue posture against in order to avoid talking about failure of progressive policies to deliver promised rewards to their own constituencies.
Canada2017
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

I tell you what Moe, since you believe that it sucks to be black in America today, why don't you share your solutions with us racists?

What are your answers to solve the problem with being black today? Write up, genius.
The old baby killer never answers such direct questions.

He just babbles on ....year after year.......with the same platitudes .
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

You started on third base as did I because we are white.
I worked my ass off to get to third base repeatedly when I was younger. We can't all be like Trump and just grab'em by the third base.
Yes of course you worked your ass off to get third several times but your grit and determination is not the issue. The issue in race is seeing life as a person of color.
"White Privilege" is the big lie. Wow wac, you are a one track mind aren't ya'....

White privilege is accusatory and racially charged but, by God white people, my African American brothers and sisters have dealt long enough with racial hatred, our white defensiveness, and the racism of our power and privilege . White folk, the best response to hearing about white privilege is to say, "Tell me more. Tell me more about your experience as an African American."
Oldbear83
Waco, you are repeating your lies on multiple threads, but all it does is show the foul character of your evil heart.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Waco1947 said:

Volunteer said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"Stooge?" I asked fair question
"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/10/trump-vs-obama-accomplishments-blacks/
"Mow?"
Nothing absolutely done with
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
"Council's report features months of hard work and observation of community redevelopment and nourishment. The report is divided into five sections and makes references to the newly released Volume Two of the Council's Community Toolkit, which is also available on the "OpportunityZones.gov" website. The five sections of the report include the following: (1) Best Practices of Local Governments, (2) Best Practices of State Governments, (3) Best Practices of the Foundations and Non-Profits Making an impact in Opportunity Zones, (4) Best Practices of Qualified Opportunity Funds, and (5) Pairing Opportunity Zone Capital with Federal Resources." HUD.gov
A report is not helpful to blacks. Where's the action?
yes, you're Moe, as in one of three stooges... Not surprised it got lost on you.

Okay, cool.... what about all the stuff that was done and not a plan

But I bet you think Obama was great for Black America because he gave them more food stamps.

Wac47
I understand Moebit I don't understand the name calling. I have respectful. I ask the of you.
Opportunity Zones Legislation became a boondoggle for the rich.
" Mr. Scaramucci's development in New Orleans offers a portrait of how the tax break works. His investment company, SkyBridge Capital, is using the so-called opportunity zone initiative to help build a hotel, outfitted with an opulent restaurant and a rooftop pool, in the city's trendy Warehouse District.

The tax benefit also is helping finance the construction of a 46-story, glass-wrapped apartment tower amenities include a yoga lawn and a pool surrounded by cabanas and daybeds in a Houston neighborhood already brimming with new projects aimed at the wealthy."
Yes it is so much better to leave the vacant dilapidated buildings rather than build something new that might actually be financially feasible and provide jobs to the local citizenry. How thoughtless.
Except it is not better because the money flowed to rich people who built what people cannot afford or built in non black communities. Read up it.

I'm no fan of Opportunity Zones or TIFFs or other government thumbs on the scale, but if investors can make a profit selling to rich folks I have no problem with that. And don't discount the jobs that flowed from the project.

why not a fan of opportunity zones? As a self-described libertarian, I would think you love the idea of the gov't not stealing as much of your money through captial gains taxes

The government says, "hey, invest over here and we won't steal as much of your money through capital gains taxes. As a matter of fact, invest long enough and we won't steal any of your capital gains."

As a Libertarian I don't like anything that puts the government thumb on the scales. Taxes, tax breaks for cronies, etc.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Canon
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

I worked my ass off to get to third base repeatedly when I was younger. We can't all be like Trump and just grab'em by the third base.
Yes of course you worked your ass off to get third several times but your grit and determination is not the issue. The issue in race is seeing life as a person of color.
"White Privilege" is the big lie. Wow wac, you are a one track mind aren't ya'....

White privilege is accusatory and racially charged but, by God white people, my African American brothers and sisters have dealt long enough with racial hatred, our white defensiveness, and the racism of our power and privilege . White folk, the best response to hearing about white privilege is to say, "Tell me more. Tell me more about your experience as an African American."

Your comments make it clear you don't view black people as brothers. You see them as pets in a rescue shelter.

If you respect your fellow man, you treat them as men. You instead infantilize and demand whites hand out biscuits. Your racism is gross.
Waco1947
Canon said "
Your comments make it clear you don't view black people as brothers. You see them as pets in a rescue shelter.

Let's look at your premises and conclusions:

Premise 1: Your comments make it clear you don't view black people as brothers. You see them as pets in a rescue shelter.
Premise 2: If you respect your fellow man,
you treat them as men.
Premise 3: You instead infantilize
Premise 4: You demand whites hand out biscuits.

Conclusion: Your racism is gross.'

Let's take a closer look:
Premise 1: Your comments make it clear you don't view black people as brothers. You see them as pets in a rescue shelter. What comments? Show those comments.
Premise 2: If you respect your fellow man,
you treat them as men. What is your evidence? Show my statements which prove your claim.

Premise 3: You instead infantilize Again what is your evidence and my statements that support your claim.
Premise 3: You demand whites hand out biscuits. Again Where is your evidence?

Conclusion: Your racism is gross. Your conclusion is false unless you can provide those statements of mine that prove your premises. A general statement lie "Your numerous comments say I am right" is not helpful to me. The burden of proof is on you.

Oldbear83
The burden of your racism is on you, Waco. No one else.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

You robbed a bank. The burden of proof is on you.
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

BS. Your racism is rancid and poisons every conversation you start, Waco.

God help you Son, you'd accuse Jesus of being Racist since he never went to Africa.
Waco1947
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

God help you Son, you'd accuse Jesus of being Racist since he never went to Africa.
I am racist? Against who? Whites?
Oldbear83
Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

I am racist? Against who? Whites?
Against everyone, judging from your posts.

You falsely blame White people, as if being White made someone guilty of anything.

You are racist against Black people, as you seem to imagine Black people cannot succeed and thrive without your personal intervention.

God only knows what you think of Asians or Latinos, but given your track record it won't be broad-minded or accepting of personal decisions.
whiterock
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

So I, due to color of skin, am unable to understand anything, while others, due to the color of skin, understand everything.

Identifying oneself by skin color is a refutation of Dr. King's message of healing and unity. Race essentialism is the cornerstone of white supremacy. So why on earth would reasonable people propose using it to achieve good? It's like trying to harness cancer as a weight loss treatment.

I never ceased to be amazed at how oblivious those who engage in such virtue posturing are to the way it infantalizes the victim and ennobles the oppressor.

Waco1947
whiterock said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

So I, due to color of skin, am unable to understand anything, while others, due to the color of skin, understand everything.

Identifying oneself by skin color is a refutation of Dr. King's message of healing and unity. Race essentialism is the cornerstone of white supremacy. So why on earth would reasonable people propose using it to achieve good? It's like trying to harness cancer as a weight loss treatment.

I never ceased to be amazed at how oblivious those who engage in such virtue posturing are to the way it infantalizes the victim and ennobles the oppressor.

I will dialogue with you but exaggeration such "understand everything" is not helpful. I will dialogue but represent my position honestly
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

whiterock said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

I will dialogue with you but exaggeration such "understand everything" is not helpful. I will dialogue but represent my position honestly
Have you considered you could be wrong?
Whiskey Pete
whiterock said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

Well said!
Oldbear83
Waco: "I will dialogue but represent my position honestly"

Sorry to offend but no, Waco, you have never been honest in these discussions.
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Here's some academia behind your movement.

Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association
On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which "white" people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one's body, in one's mind, and in one's world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts' appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning ("never again") or as temptation ("great again"). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/00030651211008507

As I have told you repeatedly I am aware of this ***** Do you have anything new to add? Do you want me to post every time I run across an academic paper that opposes CRT?
I want you to admit that your support for white privilege talking points and black lives matter is ultimately being construed towards CRT regardless of your opposition to critical justice. In effect, your behavior is bolstering it.

I'm sure you'll disagree while critical justice is exponentially expanding.
ROFL.
How does this happen?

whiterock
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which "white" people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one's body, in one's mind, and in one's world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts' appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning ("never again") or as temptation ("great again"). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

As I have told you repeatedly I am aware of this ***** Do you have anything new to add? Do you want me to post every time I run across an academic paper that opposes CRT?
I want you to admit that your support for white privilege talking points and black lives matter is ultimately being construed towards CRT regardless of your opposition to critical justice. In effect, your behavior is bolstering it.

ROFL.
How does this happen?

it's easy. She feels absolutely superior to everyone else.
Proud 1992 Alum
Oldbear83 said:

Waco1947 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Actually, didn't Jesus and his parents flee to Egypt to avoid the killing of baby boys decree?
Proud 1992 Alum
Someone tell that chick that when someone calls you a colonizer, it is definitely hostile.
ATL Bear
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

ROFL.
How does this happen?

The Mozart in the background provides both the air of smugness and the unintended irony for that vacuous rant.
whitetrash
Does gluing woolly caterpillars above your eyes automatically make you a colonizer?
Shippou
whitetrash said:

Does gluing woolly caterpillars above your eyes automatically make you a colonizer?

No, I think just colonizing most of the known world for capitalistic exploits is really the only prerequisite.
Doc Holliday
Shippou said:

whitetrash said:

No, I think just colonizing most of the known world for capitalistic exploits is really the only prerequisite.
I'm a white US American, am I a colonizer?
Canon
Shippou said:

whitetrash said:

She's been SUPER busy, then. My goodness!
bear2be2
whitetrash said:

If so, Eugene Levy's getting canceled for sure.
Shippou
Doc Holliday said:

Shippou said:

whitetrash said:

You exist in a colonizer settler state. But I don't consider you a colonizer.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Shippou said:

whitetrash said:

I am not the colonizer. I am the agent and settlor for the colonizer. --Sovereign Citizen Bear
Shippou
Carlos Cruz said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

Shippou said:

whitetrash said:

I am not the colonizer. I am the agent and settlor for the colonizer. --Sovereign Citizen Bear

I had a giggle, not gonna lie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.