White Privilege

17,405 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
C. Jordan said:

Osodecentx said:

Like the Irish, Italians, Polish, Jewish, Catholics, etc
Probably should clarify to white Christian Protestant privilege.
Yeah, lots of Protestant Irish, Poles, Jews and Catholics
C. Jordan
GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Not all indignities are universal. And those experienced by white people in this country have very rarely been related to their race or ethnicity -- a reality most racial and ethnic minorities haven't had the privilege of sharing throughout our relatively short history.

That acknowledgement is all white privilege really is. It's not the suggestion that white people are above struggle or difficulty.
And it is all bull***** You know it and Yellow Dog knows it.

Tell it to the frontiersmen slaughtered by the Redskins.
You've been watching too many Westerns!

There was far more slaughter of natives than of white settlers!

Natives were basically exterminated by whites. Whites equated them with the Canaanites of Joshua.
BusyTarpDuster2017
Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

That acknowledgement is all white privilege really is.
White privilege means ill-gotten gains. The step after acknowledgement is to remove those gains: the goal is a society without white privilege.

Several historically marginalized groups out-perform whites today and yet we still tell whites to feel bad about anything they achieve.
That is not what privilege means. It manifests not so much in what we have been given but in what we don't have to put up with, which makes it hard to see and hard to do anything about. Mainly just shut up about it and treat people fairly.
Millions of people believe it as I've explained it.

You guys touting the concept of white privilege have completely failed to convey what you mean and it's taking a sinister turn towards hatred.

Also, awareness doesn't change a damn thing. See opioid abuse.

"You guys" ****ing it up aren't helping.

Name one thing I don't have to put up with that other races do today.

Have you ever been followed in a store? And I don't mean the worker coming up and just asking if you need help with anything, I mean being followed from entrance to exit regardless of whether you purchase anything or not.
Who is to blame for blacks being profiled like this - the store owner/worker, or the incidence of shoplifting from other blacks?

Question: would it be wrong for an Asian person, particularly a woman or the elderly, to be wary of a black man walking towards her/them on a street, given what's been happening lately? Would you fault them for profiling?
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

bear2be2 said:

Not all indignities are universal. And those experienced by white people in this country have very rarely been related to their race or ethnicity -- a reality most racial and ethnic minorities haven't had the privilege of sharing throughout our relatively short history.

That acknowledgement is all white privilege really is. It's not the suggestion that white people are above struggle or difficulty.
I think you left out a key part concerning BLAME. The blame has been placed squarely on whitey's shoulders although with each passing day more and more are waking up to realize they are not racist and this entire sham over the past several years is only serving to divide us further.

I feel bad for only 1, single group........the American Indian. If anybody is due reparations in my opinion it is only the American Indian who should be compensated. They are the only group who is worse off today than they were when Europeans stepped foot on these shores. ALL other ethnic groups are much better off. ALL of them!
The reason why blacks and other groups start lower is white suppression of those groups.

The blame does indeed rest with whites. Whites enslaved blacks, denied them equal employment opportunity, denied them equal educational opportunity, etc.

I think it would be helpful to you to make some black friends and talk to them. It appears either you don't have any, or they fear being honest with you, or they just don't want to be honest with you.

Also, I think the Africans who died in they own vomit, urine, and feces on the Middle Passage might take exception to your assertion that they were better off.
Whiskey Pete
C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

bear2be2 said:

I think you left out a key part concerning BLAME. The blame has been placed squarely on whitey's shoulders although with each passing day more and more are waking up to realize they are not racist and this entire sham over the past several years is only serving to divide us further.

I feel bad for only 1, single group........the American Indian. If anybody is due reparations in my opinion it is only the American Indian who should be compensated. They are the only group who is worse off today than they were when Europeans stepped foot on these shores. ALL other ethnic groups are much better off. ALL of them!
The reason why blacks and other groups start lower is white suppression of those groups.

The blame does indeed rest with whites. Whites enslaved blacks, denied them equal employment opportunity, denied them equal educational opportunity, etc.

I think it would be helpful to you to make some black friends and talk to them. It appears either you don't have any, or they fear being honest with you, or they just don't want to be honest with you.

Also, I think the Africans who died in they own vomit, urine, and feces on the Middle Passage might take exception to your assertion that they were better off.
None of my ancestors owned slaves. I have never owned a slave. My kids will most likely never own a slave.

Time to man up and stop using your skin color as an excuse for lack of achievement.

Let me guess, you're a victim because you were simply born black, right?

The lack of a father figure at home, being stuck in the ghettos and reliant on the government for food and shelter has done more to suppress black people than I ever have for simply being..... well, not black.

You're nothing more than pawn being used by the democrats so they can stay in power... while they do nothing for the black community other than, through their policies, create a cycle of poverty and reliance...just so they can come around every couple of years and promise you rainbows and unicorns to get your vote. They don't care about you, they care about your vote - BIG difference.

If black people were truly being suppressed by whitey, we would have no black doctors, no black lawyers, no black successful business owners, etc....

Time for you to wake up and realize that your destiny is in your own hands, not the hands of some fictional white boogey man.
Canada2017
bear2be2 said:

Not all indignities are universal. And those experienced by white people in this country have very rarely been related to their race or ethnicity --
Good grief

Sell your line to the Irish, Italians , Poles, Germans , Jews, Catholics , Mormons et al.

Canada2017
C. Jordan said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Natives were basically exterminated by whites. Whites equated them with the Canaanites of Joshua.
chuckle......need to crack open some history books.

Meanwhile your parents should demand a refund .
bear2be2
Canada2017 said:

bear2be2 said:

Not all indignities are universal. And those experienced by white people in this country have very rarely been related to their race or ethnicity --
Good grief

Sell your line to the Irish, Italians , Poles, Germans , Jews, Catholics , Mormons et al.

Notice I said rarely. And all your post proves is that the majority in this country has been ****ty to every immigrant group -- as well as the natives. But those with extra melanin in their skin have consistently gotten it the worst and for the longest duration throughout our history.
bularry
GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

you want to tallied up the "slaughtered" on those 2 sides?
Oldbear83
bear2be2: "the majority in this country has been ****ty to every immigrant group"

Absolute BS.

The 'majority' in every demographic pool is decentralized and ununified. The people who oppress others come from almost every demographic group, but the illusion of majority oppressing the minority comes from the fact that because every group tends to have some who oppress others, and the simple math means that the majority has more of such people, but they also have more of those who are oppressed and powerless.

White people have been just as poor as any other race, just as oppressed throughout history as any group. The lie of 'White Privilege' demands that those victims not only be ignored and denied Justice, but must also be punished simply for their race, which is as damnable a thing as you will find in any foul spirit.

The false statement I quoted also ignores every effort of charity and humanity extended by members of the majority who demonstrate character and virtue which disproves the false accusations of the racist Left.

More whites have fought against Slavery and Racism than ever worked to continue it or profit by it. And it is the foul effect of the demands by the Left that perpetuate hatred instead of understanding, and conflict instead of mutual prosperity.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
bularry
this is one of the dumbest diatribes I've ever read on here. you are either being intentionally dishonest or you are someone that needs to deal with some deep racial resentment.

'whitey" as you say, has had all the advantages in this country since its founding. There is no disputing that fact, as you say "crack a book"
Whiskey Pete
bularry said:

this is one of the dumbest diatribes I've ever read on here. you are either being intentionally dishonest or you are someone that needs to deal with some deep racial resentment.

'whitey" as you say, has had all the advantages in this country since its founding. There is no disputing that fact, as you say "crack a book"
Sorry *******, but anyone born black in my lifetime has the same opportunities than any white person born my lifetime. Some would even argue they have more opportunities or advantages with affirmative action, college admissions diversity, special grants, etc...

The hardships (or obstacles) they face is not because of their skin color but rather they way they grew up... many convinced they are victims for simply being born, fatherless homes, stuck in the ghetto, joining gangs, etc....

Too many brainwashed liberal black youth want sympathy or special treatment because of the color of their skin instead of respect for the content of their character.

Sorry, but I'll never apologize for being white. I treat my black next door neighbor the exact same way as my white other next door neighbor. If that's not good for you or your liberal crowd then you can kindly **** off.

I have no racial resentment, but you apparently do. If you want to resent being white, give it time... I'm sure being transracial is right around the corner.
curtpenn
El Oso said:

I don't think it's possible to convince someone of white privilege. It's a condition they can only come to see on their own.

There were several moments in my life that led to me realizing white privilege is a thing a few years ago.

It doesn't mean I didn't work hard for what I have, it simply means I've had a few advantages along the way simply because of the color of my skin.

Again, it takes absolutely nothing away from what I've accomplished with my life.

I don't think it's possible to convince thinking people of something that doesn't exist.
Thee University
C. Jordan said:

1. White suppression? How about making an effort to assimilate and prosper in a society that was eventually and purposely tailored for Black, Hispanics, Asians & Indians to succeed if they just put out the effort and try.

2. Blame the African warlords and kings who started the Middle Passage and were more than willing to capture and sell members of tribes.

3. I've got a number of black friends. Probably more than the vast majority of posters here on 365. While in corporate America I purposely hired more blacks than whites or more Hispanics than whites based on the demographics of the regions/cities they worked in. I lived in an athletic dorm with around 40% blacks for 4 years. Don't lecture me on making black friends. I still today, 40 years later, call some of my black friends to check in on them.

4. In 2021 people need to quit blaming whites for all their troubles and accept & acknowledge the FACT that the United States has done far more than any country in the world to help Indians, Hispanics, Blacks & Asians just to name a few be successful and assimilate into the United States way of life, liberty and happiness.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Canon
cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

You expected the Native Americans to roll over and roll out the red carpet for the frontiersmen and their kin slaughtered all the Natives on the east coast? the Frontiersmen invaded their country, what else were they going to do?
What country was that, again? What was its name? Where were the borders? Which of the scores of different warring tribes was the representative leadership of this 'country' that was invaded?

The problem with believing stupid leftist taking points is they make you look just as stupid when you choose to repeat them.
ATL Bear
bear2be2 said:

ATL Bear said:

Thee University said:

bear2be2 said:

Technically, many American Indians are living in, on, and with the "reparations" of not wanting to assimilate.

This is a really ****ed up worldview. The natives' culture predated the colonizers' in these lands by a long shot. This is just might makes right bull***** And expecting a group of people you tried to exterminate to assimilate to your culture is absurd.
It's the truth whether you think it's ****ed up or not. I mean, we like might makes right when it applies to the Confederacy, the British, the Spanish, etc. The Indians were engaged in a giant game of clash of clans long before Europeans got here. Do you know how many "native cultures" were obliterated on the scrap heap of history before any Europeans stepped foot in North America? That is the progression of history since man walked the earth. But we apply our sensitive 21st century guilt retroactively to times we can't fathom being a part of or with the perspective of the age.

Only about 20% of Native Americans live on reservations and declining steadily, so yes, assimilation is occurring. This isn't about culture, it's about pragmatism. The culture survives regardless, elevating your citizens should be the priority, and anyone who's been on a reservation knows that isn't happening.
cms186
Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

You expected the Native Americans to roll over and roll out the red carpet for the frontiersmen and their kin slaughtered all the Natives on the east coast? the Frontiersmen invaded their country, what else were they going to do?
What country was that, again? What was its name? Where were the borders? Which of the scores of different warring tribes was the representative leadership of this 'country' that was invaded?

The problem with believing stupid leftist taking points is they make you look just as stupid when you choose to repeat them.
ok, so because there were many different tribes with their own territories, that makes it ok that your descendants decimated them all?
I'm the English Guy
Canon
cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

ok, so because there were many different tribes with their own territories, that makes it ok that your descendants decimated them all?

Where were their borders? How often did they change? How many tribes warred with each other? How often did territory change hands? How many tribes "decimated" others?

Settlers played by less savage rules than existing tribes. Settlers just did war FAR better. Your outrage is stupid. You ignore the times and the realities that existed. You claim winning war was bad just because Europeans were better at it. Had the tables turned, it would have been no different. It's just that Europeans had invented things like the wheel whereas Indians were still raiding each other for rape victims and human sacrifices.
D. C. Bear
cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Where did you get your time machine?
Canada2017
bear2be2 said:

Canada2017 said:

bear2be2 said:

Good grief

Notice I said rarely. And all your post proves is that the majority in this country has been ****ty to every immigrant group -- as well as the natives. But those with extra melanin in their skin have consistently gotten it the worst and for the longest duration throughout our history.
You said VERY rarely.

And you never admit you are wrong....regardless how obvious .
Canada2017
cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Ridiculous comment .

Indians invaded the territories of other Indian tribes constantly . Warfare was generational.......a significant part of most tribes culture . Success in combat was often a man's sole path to prestige within a tribe.

And the losers of these conflicts weren't granted 'reservations' with decades of financial aid either.

The losers were usually massacred, often preceded with periods of torture . Those that were not killed were made slaves. Repeatedly raping female captives was common . Children that were not immediately killed were often forced to assimilate into the tribe .
cms186
Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Where were their borders? How often did they change? How many tribes warred with each other? How often did territory change hands? How many tribes "decimated" others?

Settlers played by less savage rules than existing tribes. Settlers just did war FAR better. Your outrage is stupid. You ignore the times and the realities that existed. You claim winning war was bad just because Europeans were better at it. Had the tables turned, it would have been no different. It's just that Europeans had invented things like the wheel whereas Indians were still raiding each other for rape victims and human sacrifices.
if you bothered to look back to the origins of this discussion, I was answering someones "point" that Frontiersmen being killed by Native Americans was an injustice, i merely pointed out the Frontiersmen started it by invading them in the first place
I'm the English Guy
Oldbear83
cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

if you bothered to look back to the origins of this discussion, I was answering someones "point" that Frontiersmen being killed by Native Americans was an injustice, i merely pointed out the Frontiersmen started it by invading them in the first place
Then you were lying. The problem is partly that the people living here - not native to the country any more than Europeans were, by the way, if you look back far enough - had different ideas about land, war, property and Justice. Most of what we are told by Hollywood is completely false. The 'native americans' had no ideals to speak of about peace or sharing, they respected power, and did nothing when a few of their men raided and killed European visitors ... until the Europeans proved that there were consequences to such raids.

Certainly there were injustices committed by various men, and the US Government does have blood on its hands from a number of incidents, but that does not mean that the claim that we simply 'stole native land' is anything but BS by people using it for political rants.

And by the way, my ancestors in Scotland who died at the hands of British 'lords' who raided their farms and raped their women would like to know when the Crown will get around to apologizing for all of that.
cms186
Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Then you were lying. The problem is partly that the people living here - not native to the country any more than Europeans were, by the way, if you look back far enough - had different ideas about land, war, property and Justice. Most of what we are told by Hollywood is completely false. The 'native americans' had no ideals to speak of about peace or sharing, they respected power, and did nothing when a few of their men raided and killed European visitors ... until the Europeans proved that there were consequences to such raids.

Certainly there were injustices committed by various men, and the US Government does have blood on its hands from a number of incidents, but that does not mean that the claim that we simply 'stole native land' is anything but BS by people using it for political rants.

And by the way, my ancestors in Scotland who died at the hands of British 'lords' who raided their farms and raped their women would like to know when the Crown will get around to apologizing for all of that.
Again with trying to twist the narrative to fit your argument, you're a true republican
I'm the English Guy
Oldbear83
cms186 said:

Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Again with trying to twist the narrative to fit your argument, you're a true republican
The lying and twisting is yours, English tyrant.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

It doesn't mean I didn't work hard for what I have, it simply means I've had a few advantages along the way simply because of the color of my skin.
Then you should feel guilty for upholding oppression by taking those advantages and suffer the consequences of your sins against people of color.
"You guys ****ing it up aren't helping."
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

Then you should feel guilty for upholding oppression by taking those advantages and suffer the consequences of your sins against people of color.
Bow down to critical justice. Lick their boots. See what happens.
quash
Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Some would even argue they have more opportunities or advantages with affirmative action, college admissions diversity, special grants, etc...

You and I have the privilege of not having our success filtered through that paragraph.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

You are not helping, you are deflecting to the far side of the stadium.

It is entirely possible to critique CRT without feeding fuel to their fire, which is your chosen route. And you know what a bull**** charge it is to suggest I'm licking the CRT boot: I have started threads warning about their nonsense, laughing when they got Sokaled, and I have suggested folks read New Discourses, among other sources, to keep up with it in a rational way. I can't help that you have chosen the irrational route.
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

1. White suppression? How about making an effort to assimilate and prosper in a society that was eventually and purposely tailored for Black, Hispanics, Asians & Indians to succeed if they just put out the effort and try.

2. Blame the African warlords and kings who started the Middle Passage and were more than willing to capture and sell members of tribes.

3. I've got a number of black friends. Probably more than the vast majority of posters here on 365. While in corporate America I purposely hired more blacks than whites or more Hispanics than whites based on the demographics of the regions/cities they worked in. I lived in an athletic dorm with around 40% blacks for 4 years. Don't lecture me on making black friends. I still today, 40 years later, call some of my black friends to check in on them.

4. In 2021 people need to quit blaming whites for all their troubles and accept & acknowledge the FACT that the United States has done far more than any country in the world to help Indians, Hispanics, Blacks & Asians just to name a few be successful and assimilate into the United States way of life, liberty and happiness.
1. I gave you lots of examples of White suppression. I grew up in GA, in the Deep South, in the 1950s and 1960s, and saw it with my own eyes. Blacks had lesser schools, lesser medical care, lesser everything. A society that was tailored to allow Blacks and others to succeed if they tried? This is a complete myth. This NEVER EXISTED.

Just one example. My father worked in a GM factory in Atlanta. Blacks were allowed to work in the factory. As janitors, cooks, porters, etc. None of them were permitted to have high-paying jobs, no matter how smart they were or how hard they worked.

2. So you're saying Africans were responsible for the Middle Passage? Really? Who built the ships? Who manned the ships? Who profited the most? And who killed, maimed, and raped slaves when they arrived in the U.S.? It was all white people.

3. Okay. Good for you. But they're not talking to you or you're not listening to them when they tell about their experiences and history.

Next time you talk to your Black friends, ask them, "What do you think about BLM? Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for no good reason? Have you ever had to have 'the talk' with your son about being super careful when a cop pulls you over." Preface that you want them to be honest and that you won't be judgmental of them. And don't argue with them and "whitesplain" to them that what they feel is illegitimate. If they're honest with you, and you really listen, you'll have an eye-opening experience.

4. Again, this is delusion and myth. I'll give you just one small example. I live near a Cherokee reservation. The Cherokee tried to work with white settlers. They made treaty after treaty with the US government. The US broke every one.

Originally the US allowed them to have land stretching from North Georgia to Western North Carolina. When gold was discovered on Cherokee land in north Georgia, the Cherokee were driven off their land. Eventually, huge numbers of them were deported west.

So please don't give me this easily disprovable mythology that whites gave natives, Blacks, and others opportunities if they worked hard.
Sam Lowry
Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

So, since your British ancestors were already raping and killing each other, if say the Chinese decided to come and take their land it would be okay?
Doc Holliday
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

It is entirely possible to critique CRT without feeding fuel to their fire, which is your chosen route. And you know what a bull**** charge it is to suggest I'm licking the CRT boot: I have started threads warning about their nonsense, laughing when they got Sokaled, and I have suggested folks read New Discourses, among other sources, to keep up with it in a rational way. I can't help that you have chosen the irrational route.
Irrational? Their voice is much larger than yours and they're winning the narrative.

Saying white privilege is a problem feeds right into CRT. They adopt your language and vice versa.
Osodecentx
quash said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Some would even argue they have more opportunities or advantages with affirmative action, college admissions diversity, special grants, etc...

You and I have the privilege of not having our success filtered through that paragraph.
I think I agree, if you're saying smart, competent minorities have their accomplishments devalued by the rewarding of less competent minorities through affirmative action.
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

Irrational? Their voice is much larger than yours and they're winning the narrative.
I know you can't tell falling sky from falling acorns, but...

Tell me how they're winning the narrative. Everywhere I look the CRT thinking is catching holy hell. You can spotlight a diversity training session here or a tweet with a million likes there but yapping is not policy.

Meanwhile I see the establishment so fired up they actually tried to ban the teaching of CRT in schools. Now maybe you think it's OK for the state to tell you what to think but I was personally thrilled that piece of idea-banning bit the dust.
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

So, since your British ancestors were already raping and killing each other, if say the Chinese decided to come and take their land it would be okay?
As usual, Sam ducks the point. No, I am saying that conquest has never been about 'fair' or 'sporting' conditions.

You don't get to protest violence by one group and ignore it by another. Even if Dr. Fauci says it's OK to do that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.