White Privilege

17,388 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

It doesn't mean I didn't work hard for what I have, it simply means I've had a few advantages along the way simply because of the color of my skin.
Then you should feel guilty for upholding oppression by taking those advantages and suffer the consequences of your sins against people of color.
"You guys ****ing it up aren't helping."
Bow down to critical justice. Lick their boots. See what happens.
You are not helping, you are deflecting to the far side of the stadium.

It is entirely possible to critique CRT without feeding fuel to their fire, which is your chosen route. And you know what a bull**** charge it is to suggest I'm licking the CRT boot: I have started threads warning about their nonsense, laughing when they got Sokaled, and I have suggested folks read New Discourses, among other sources, to keep up with it in a rational way. I can't help that you have chosen the irrational route.
Irrational? Their voice is much larger than yours and they're winning the narrative.
I know you can't tell falling sky from falling acorns, but...

Tell me how they're winning the narrative. Everywhere I look the CRT thinking is catching holy hell. You can spotlight a diversity training session here or a tweet with a million likes there but yapping is not policy.

Meanwhile I see the establishment so fired up they actually tried to ban the teaching of CRT in schools. Now maybe you think it's OK for the state to tell you what to think but I was personally thrilled that piece of idea-banning bit the dust.

It's a numbers game and it only takes time.

Gen Zers made up roughly 10% of the 2020 electorate, they will comprise 27% of the 2031 voting age population. You really don't think CRT becomes the norm as older generations die off?
Sam Lowry
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

It doesn't mean I didn't work hard for what I have, it simply means I've had a few advantages along the way simply because of the color of my skin.
Then you should feel guilty for upholding oppression by taking those advantages and suffer the consequences of your sins against people of color.

It is entirely possible to critique CRT without feeding fuel to their fire, which is your chosen route. And you know what a bull**** charge it is to suggest I'm licking the CRT boot: I have started threads warning about their nonsense, laughing when they got Sokaled, and I have suggested folks read New Discourses, among other sources, to keep up with it in a rational way. I can't help that you have chosen the irrational route.
Irrational? Their voice is much larger than yours and they're winning the narrative.

Tell me how they're winning the narrative. Everywhere I look the CRT thinking is catching holy hell. You can spotlight a diversity training session here or a tweet with a million likes there but yapping is not policy.

Meanwhile I see the establishment so fired up they actually tried to ban the teaching of CRT in schools. Now maybe you think it's OK for the state to tell you what to think but I was personally thrilled that piece of idea-banning bit the dust.

One of many examples:

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/what-happens-when-doctors-cant-speak?r=k31m8&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy
Oldbear83
Sam Lowry said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

El Oso said:

One of many examples:

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/what-happens-when-doctors-cant-speak?r=k31m8&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=copy

The opinions of many people quoted in that article are very much in line with the malignant hate of CRT.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Thee University
C. Jordan said:

1. I gave you lots of examples of White suppression. I grew up in GA, in the Deep South, in the 1950s and 1960s, and saw it with my own eyes. Blacks had lesser schools, lesser medical care, lesser everything. A society that was tailored to allow Blacks and others to succeed if they tried? This is a complete myth. This NEVER EXISTED.

Just one example. My father worked in a GM factory in Atlanta. Blacks were allowed to work in the factory. As janitors, cooks, porters, etc. None of them were permitted to have high-paying jobs, no matter how smart they were or how hard they worked.

2. So you're saying Africans were responsible for the Middle Passage? Really? Who built the ships? Who manned the ships? Who profited the most? And who killed, maimed, and raped slaves when they arrived in the U.S.? It was all white people.

3. Okay. Good for you. But they're not talking to you or you're not listening to them when they tell about their experiences and history.

Next time you talk to your Black friends, ask them, "What do you think about BLM? Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for no good reason? Have you ever had to have 'the talk' with your son about being super careful when a cop pulls you over." Preface that you want them to be honest and that you won't be judgmental of them. And don't argue with them and "whitesplain" to them that what they feel is illegitimate. If they're honest with you, and you really listen, you'll have an eye-opening experience.

4. Again, this is delusion and myth. I'll give you just one small example. I live near a Cherokee reservation. The Cherokee tried to work with white settlers. They made treaty after treaty with the US government. The US broke every one.

Originally the US allowed them to have land stretching from North Georgia to Western North Carolina. When gold was discovered on Cherokee land in north Georgia, the Cherokee were driven off their land. Eventually, huge numbers of them were deported west.

So please don't give me this easily disprovable mythology that whites gave natives, Blacks, and others opportunities if they worked hard.
I grew up in rural Central & West Texas during the 60's and 70's. I saw a completely different world than you did in Georgia. I contend that since the mid-60's to late 60's the world you described in Atlanta no longer exists and hasn't for years. At least not in Texas. No, it did not change overnight but it is gone. White supremacy is a farce. Its numbers have been grossly inflated by the liberal media so as to dovetail into the current attempt to secure more $$$$ to throw at problems largely created by the supposed downtrodden themselves. People need to get off their lazy @$$#$ and TRY to earn a living and improve their standard of living. There are jobs these lazy people can do but the Dems have them hooked on freebies. Bring back the old Civilian Conservation Corps!

If it does exist it is nobody's fault but the folks that the Democrats keep underfoot. Opportunity is there and if you want to pull yourself up in the 2000's it can most assuredly be done. It does not happen overnight and you might not be able to afford all of the gangsta material things you desire right off the bat but you have to break free of the government teat. If you are waiting for yet another handout, I hope you wait until I am dead and gone before someone caves to the scam and gives in. It sicken me.

This poverty and supposed holding down of blacks affected millions more whites & browns who grew up without fathers, in squalor, around drugs, around gangs, etc. Generational poverty is real and sadly millions don't even try or truly want to break free. They need motivation and mentors, not $$$ thrown at them.

Africans STARTED the Middle Passage and fed the machine. If you desire reparations go talk to the African warlords and kings. Without them there would have been no slavery in America.

Yes, I was a father who raised my 3 kids. They were taught to respect authority and to play by the rules. They heard the Chris Rock Story from me early and often. Not a single family member I ever knew has or was arrested or thrown in jail. We feared the police and rightfully so.

Don't try to tell me about the plight of the American Indian. I know it well. Our government screwed them over more than any group and if anyone ever gets reparations it should be the American Indian.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
The Rickest Rick There Is
Lots of whining and no accountability.
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Not all indignities are universal. And those experienced by white people in this country have very rarely been related to their race or ethnicity -- a reality most racial and ethnic minorities haven't had the privilege of sharing throughout our relatively short history.

That acknowledgement is all white privilege really is. It's not the suggestion that white people are above struggle or difficulty.
And it is all bull***** You know it and Yellow Dog knows it.

Tell it to the frontiersmen slaughtered by the Redskins.
You expected the Native Americans to roll over and roll out the red carpet for the frontiersmen and their kin slaughtered all the Natives on the east coast? the Frontiersmen invaded their country, what else were they going to do?
What country was that, again? What was its name? Where were the borders? Which of the scores of different warring tribes was the representative leadership of this 'country' that was invaded?

The problem with believing stupid leftist taking points is they make you look just as stupid when you choose to repeat them.
ok, so because there were many different tribes with their own territories, that makes it ok that your descendants decimated them all?

Where were their borders? How often did they change? How many tribes warred with each other? How often did territory change hands? How many tribes "decimated" others?

Settlers played by less savage rules than existing tribes. Settlers just did war FAR better. Your outrage is stupid. You ignore the times and the realities that existed. You claim winning war was bad just because Europeans were better at it. Had the tables turned, it would have been no different. It's just that Europeans had invented things like the wheel whereas Indians were still raiding each other for rape victims and human sacrifices.
if you bothered to look back to the origins of this discussion, I was answering someones "point" that Frontiersmen being killed by Native Americans was an injustice, i merely pointed out the Frontiersmen started it by invading them in the first place
Then you were lying. The problem is partly that the people living here - not native to the country any more than Europeans were, by the way, if you look back far enough - had different ideas about land, war, property and Justice. Most of what we are told by Hollywood is completely false. The 'native americans' had no ideals to speak of about peace or sharing, they respected power, and did nothing when a few of their men raided and killed European visitors ... until the Europeans proved that there were consequences to such raids.

Certainly there were injustices committed by various men, and the US Government does have blood on its hands from a number of incidents, but that does not mean that the claim that we simply 'stole native land' is anything but BS by people using it for political rants.

And by the way, my ancestors in Scotland who died at the hands of British 'lords' who raided their farms and raped their women would like to know when the Crown will get around to apologizing for all of that.
So, since your British ancestors were already raping and killing each other, if say the Chinese decided to come and take their land it would be okay?
Sure, and their wall would have been much bigger than Hadrian's I'm sure.
Canada2017
Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

Canon said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Not all indignities are universal. And those experienced by white people in this country have very rarely been related to their race or ethnicity -- a reality most racial and ethnic minorities haven't had the privilege of sharing throughout our relatively short history.

That acknowledgement is all white privilege really is. It's not the suggestion that white people are above struggle or difficulty.
And it is all bull***** You know it and Yellow Dog knows it.

Tell it to the frontiersmen slaughtered by the Redskins.
You expected the Native Americans to roll over and roll out the red carpet for the frontiersmen and their kin slaughtered all the Natives on the east coast? the Frontiersmen invaded their country, what else were they going to do?
What country was that, again? What was its name? Where were the borders? Which of the scores of different warring tribes was the representative leadership of this 'country' that was invaded?

The problem with believing stupid leftist taking points is they make you look just as stupid when you choose to repeat them.
ok, so because there were many different tribes with their own territories, that makes it ok that your descendants decimated them all?

Where were their borders? How often did they change? How many tribes warred with each other? How often did territory change hands? How many tribes "decimated" others?

Settlers played by less savage rules than existing tribes. Settlers just did war FAR better. Your outrage is stupid. You ignore the times and the realities that existed. You claim winning war was bad just because Europeans were better at it. Had the tables turned, it would have been no different. It's just that Europeans had invented things like the wheel whereas Indians were still raiding each other for rape victims and human sacrifices.
if you bothered to look back to the origins of this discussion, I was answering someones "point" that Frontiersmen being killed by Native Americans was an injustice, i merely pointed out the Frontiersmen started it by invading them in the first place
Then you were lying. The problem is partly that the people living here - not native to the country any more than Europeans were, by the way, if you look back far enough - had different ideas about land, war, property and Justice. Most of what we are told by Hollywood is completely false. The 'native americans' had no ideals to speak of about peace or sharing, they respected power, and did nothing when a few of their men raided and killed European visitors ... until the Europeans proved that there were consequences to such raids.

Certainly there were injustices committed by various men, and the US Government does have blood on its hands from a number of incidents, but that does not mean that the claim that we simply 'stole native land' is anything but BS by people using it for political rants.

And by the way, my ancestors in Scotland who died at the hands of British 'lords' who raided their farms and raped their women would like to know when the Crown will get around to apologizing for all of that.
So, since your British ancestors were already raping and killing each other, if say the Chinese decided to come and take their land it would be okay?
Yes it would be declared okay.

Similar to .....Sherman's 'March To The Sea ' .

Or the burning of Richmond, Columbia and Atlanta .
Doc Holliday
BusyTarpDuster2017 said:

Shippou said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

That acknowledgement is all white privilege really is.
White privilege means ill-gotten gains. The step after acknowledgement is to remove those gains: the goal is a society without white privilege.

Several historically marginalized groups out-perform whites today and yet we still tell whites to feel bad about anything they achieve.
That is not what privilege means. It manifests not so much in what we have been given but in what we don't have to put up with, which makes it hard to see and hard to do anything about. Mainly just shut up about it and treat people fairly.
Millions of people believe it as I've explained it.

You guys touting the concept of white privilege have completely failed to convey what you mean and it's taking a sinister turn towards hatred.

Also, awareness doesn't change a damn thing. See opioid abuse.

"You guys" ****ing it up aren't helping.

Name one thing I don't have to put up with that other races do today.

Have you ever been followed in a store? And I don't mean the worker coming up and just asking if you need help with anything, I mean being followed from entrance to exit regardless of whether you purchase anything or not.
Who is to blame for blacks being profiled like this - the store owner/worker, or the incidence of shoplifting from other blacks?

Question: would it be wrong for an Asian person, particularly a woman or the elderly, to be wary of a black man walking towards her/them on a street, given what's been happening lately? Would you fault them for profiling?
Like this?

bularry
Rawhide said:

bularry said:

this is one of the dumbest diatribes I've ever read on here. you are either being intentionally dishonest or you are someone that needs to deal with some deep racial resentment.

'whitey" as you say, has had all the advantages in this country since its founding. There is no disputing that fact, as you say "crack a book"
Sorry *******, but anyone born black in my lifetime has the same opportunities than any white person born my lifetime. Some would even argue they have more opportunities or advantages with affirmative action, college admissions diversity, special grants, etc...

The hardships (or obstacles) they face is not because of their skin color but rather they way they grew up... many convinced they are victims for simply being born, fatherless homes, stuck in the ghetto, joining gangs, etc....

Too many brainwashed liberal black youth want sympathy or special treatment because of the color of their skin instead of respect for the content of their character.

Sorry, but I'll never apologize for being white. I treat my black next door neighbor the exact same way as my white other next door neighbor. If that's not good for you or your liberal crowd then you can kindly **** off.

I have no racial resentment, but you apparently do. If you want to resent being white, give it time... I'm sure being transracial is right around the corner.

Sorry, but that is all pretty much a lie. Your lack of understanding of social science is astounding. Im sure StormFrobt is a great resource for your views on races

And the name calling is classic

I'm not the one so insecure i have to scream that my inclusion in the dominant racial group isn't an advantage. Sorry you are such a loser
Whiskey Pete
bularry said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

this is one of the dumbest diatribes I've ever read on here. you are either being intentionally dishonest or you are someone that needs to deal with some deep racial resentment.

'whitey" as you say, has had all the advantages in this country since its founding. There is no disputing that fact, as you say "crack a book"
Sorry *******, but anyone born black in my lifetime has the same opportunities than any white person born my lifetime. Some would even argue they have more opportunities or advantages with affirmative action, college admissions diversity, special grants, etc...

The hardships (or obstacles) they face is not because of their skin color but rather they way they grew up... many convinced they are victims for simply being born, fatherless homes, stuck in the ghetto, joining gangs, etc....

Too many brainwashed liberal black youth want sympathy or special treatment because of the color of their skin instead of respect for the content of their character.

Sorry, but I'll never apologize for being white. I treat my black next door neighbor the exact same way as my white other next door neighbor. If that's not good for you or your liberal crowd then you can kindly **** off.

I have no racial resentment, but you apparently do. If you want to resent being white, give it time... I'm sure being transracial is right around the corner.

Sorry, but that is all pretty much a lie. Your lack of understanding of social science is astounding. Im sure StormFrobt is a great resource for your views on races

I'm not the one so insecure i have to scream that my inclusion in the dominant racial group isn't an advantage. Sorry you are such a loser
Lol.... okay cupcake. I'm sorry you're nothing more than a clown.
Canon
Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Lol.... okay cupcake. I'm sorry you're nothing more than a clown.
Truth.
saykay
Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Do you by chance own a Waco car dealership that likes to give away Baylor wrapped Jeeps / Corvettes to winning Baylor coaches...?

These posts... these very posts... are the posts that make me so sad & embarrassed for those who see this board and believe it represents the whole of Baylor. To me, it's the worst of us. And it's certainly not grounded in any Biblical foundation.

How sad to live your life this way. And I'm bummed to share an alma mater with anyone willing to post such horribly arrogant & ignorant rhetoric, with such disdain for the empathy & humility we are called to by Christ. What is so scary about admitting we've had a VERY different lived experience than someone else? Why do some white people constantly feel the right to explain to someone they have never walked a day in the shoes of how wrong they are about what they've seen, felt & experienced? Friggin hell, yall... Do you not see how insane that sounds?

What is so threatening to you about the idea that maybe, just maybe, we might need to think of ourselves as a little less superhuman & "harder working" than the next guy who did NOT have every same opportunity you did. There is ENDLESS data on this... but your sample of one opinion from the middle of Texas is the right one? There that arrogance is again... that train is never late.

As always, God bless me to live every day with the fact-bullet-proof confidence of a mediocre white man.
~Regretfully Yours, The Pronoun Lady~
Canon
saykay said:

As always, God bless me to live every day with the fact-bullet-proof confidence of a mediocre white man.

Rules for Leftist 'Debate'

Step 1: Denigrate equality and responsibility.
Step 2: Take all agency from minorities.
Step 3: Claim moral high ground.
Step 4: Be a disgusting racist.

That's some google employee level racism right there...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/-google-racism-kamau-bobb-antisemitism
saykay
Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:
1) stalk Baylor "liberals" who are actually not liberals & anonymously call them woke on public social media sites.
2) ****post about them on the free boards to get blue stars.

About sums it up, no?
saykay
saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:
1) stalk Baylor "liberals" who are actually not liberals & anonymously call them woke on public social media sites.

About sums it up, no?

Oh, one more thing... if you need me to spot you the $13/month so you can finally try your gaslighting nonsense on the real boards... hit a sister up. Glad to do it. Maybe try it out... maybe you'll learn something from a bit more of an empathetic, balanced, thoughtful and intelligent group of members who are conservative but not completely absent of human empathy & understanding of what others have walked through in life. Sad to take the joy you do in liberal-hating... and I promise to find you an actual liberal, instead of a Christian woman who represents Baylor out in front with my real name, not hiding behind your 19th free board account like a complete coward.

Not proud of who you are or what you believe? Join us out in the arena versus from the peanut gallery. The water is nice.
Whiskey Pete
saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Do you by chance own a Waco car dealership that likes to give away Baylor wrapped Jeeps / Corvettes to winning Baylor coaches...?

These posts... these very posts... are the posts that make me so sad & embarrassed for those who see this board and believe it represents the whole of Baylor. To me, it's the worst of us. And it's certainly not grounded in any Biblical foundation.

How sad to live your life this way. And I'm bummed to share an alma mater with anyone willing to post such horribly arrogant & ignorant rhetoric, with such disdain for the empathy & humility we are called to by Christ. What is so scary about admitting we've had a VERY different lived experience than someone else? Why do some white people constantly feel the right to explain to someone they have never walked a day in the shoes of how wrong they are about what they've seen, felt & experienced? Friggin hell, yall... Do you not see how insane that sounds?

What is so threatening to you about the idea that maybe, just maybe, we might need to think of ourselves as a little less superhuman & "harder working" than the next guy who did NOT have every same opportunity you did. There is ENDLESS data on this... but your sample of one opinion from the middle of Texas is the right one? There that arrogance is again... that train is never late.

First, you don't know me and haven't the foggiest idea of advantages or obstacles or hardships I have had.

To look at me and see someone that isn't black or isn't hispanic or isn't asian or isn't whatever (besides white) and assume that I'm privileged or have had advantages simply for the color of my skin shows how ignorant, short-sighted and frankly, presumptuous you are.

I live my life just fine. The fact that I will NEVER apologize for being born white shouldn't really bother you as I treat white people, black people, hispanics and whatever the exact same. Sorry that bothers someone such as yourself, up on your high-horse.

So to quote you, "What is so scary about admitting we've had a VERY different lived experience than someone else?".... you need to take your own quote to heart and realize that you don't know what this white person or that white person or that white person over there endured over their own life. Don't even begin to pretend you know "how easy" someone has had it simply for their skin color. You've never walked a day in THAT person's shoes.

So, before you pretend that because I'm not black, I've had every opportunity in the world... why don't you wake up, stop believing your own BS and, I say this kindly, f-u-c-k off
Whiskey Pete
Canon said:

saykay said:

These leftist dumbass hypocrites are the most racist of the bunch. They think because someone isn't black, they've must've had it easier than everyone else.

I'm sick and tired of these leftwing hypocritical racist know-it-all a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s.... especially the ones that say I've had it easy because I'm white. They can kindly go play in traffic.
saykay
Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

First, you don't know me and haven't the foggiest idea of advantages or obstacles or hardships I have had.

To look at me and see someone that isn't black or isn't hispanic or isn't asian or isn't whatever (besides white) and assume that I'm privileged or have had advantages simply for the color of my skin shows how ignorant, short-sighted and frankly, presumptuous you are.

I live my life just fine. The fact that I will NEVER apologize for being born white shouldn't really bother you as I treat white people, black people, hispanics and whatever the exact same. Sorry that bothers someone such as yourself, up on your high-horse.

So to quote you, "What is so scary about admitting we've had a VERY different lived experience than someone else?".... you need to take your own quote to heart and realize what this white person or that white person or that white person over there endured over their own life. Don't even begin to pretend you know "how easy" someone has had it simply for their skin color. You've never walked a day in THAT person's shoes.

So, before you pretend that because I'm not black, I've had every opportunity in the world... why don't you wake up, stop believing your own BS and, I say this kindly, f-u-c-k off

And still... you don't get it. White privilege ISNT ABOUT YOU... It's not at all suggesting your life "hasn't been hard" ... literally every single book, article or interview on this topic makes that clear... which also makes it clear you haven't engaged much to understand that.

The entire point is simply recognizing that while you of COURSE have faced challenges, we ALL have, you haven't had to deal with every single one of the additional obstacles and lived realities that most Black, Latinx, Asian and other minorities have in our country. That's just a fact.

I'm sure your life has been hard. But what it wasn't was a life made even harder by the color of your skin and the burdens & disadvantages the history & reality of behaviors toward people of color in this country has made part of their lives from day one.

Do you not get that difference?
Whiskey Pete
saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

So to quote you, "What is so scary about admitting we've had a VERY different lived experience than someone else?".... you need to take your own quote to heart and realize what this white person or that white person or that white person over there endured over their own life. Don't even begin to pretend you know "how easy" someone has had it simply for their skin color. You've never walked a day in THAT person's shoes.

And still... you don't get it. White privilege ISNT ABOUT YOU... It's not at all suggesting your life "hasn't been hard" ... literally every single book, article or interview on this topic makes that clear... which also makes it clear you haven't engaged much to understand that.

The entire point is simply recognizing that while you of COURSE have faced challenges, we ALL have, you haven't had to deal with every single one of the additional obstacles and lived realities that most Black, Latinx, Asian and other minorities have in our country. That's just a fact.

I'm sure your life has been hard. But what it wasn't was a life made even harder by the color of your skin and the burdens & disadvantages the history & reality of behaviors toward people of color in this country has made part of their lives from day one.

Good grief, get over yourself.
saykay
Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Cool. I'll take that as a "No, I refuse to educate myself about the actual definition of white privilege - what it is and what it isn't - and stop using my righteous outrage over how hard I've had it as a false flag to distract people from a real issue in our country where people are hurting and my acknowledgement of that by educating myself could help them... NO I refuse to do that."

Cool cool cool. Understood. Let me know what kind of ally I can be for you instead - happy to do what I can to fight the discrimination you're facing in your life. I hate that for you.
Canon
saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

Stop trying to deflect from your obvious and disgustingly racist comment. Own your sickening racism.
saykay
Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

Stop trying to deflect from your obvious and disgustingly racist comment. Own your sickening racism.

Train. Never. Late. Let's do this more... what a great use of your time on this earth to keep deflecting from the real issue & pain someone else might be experiencing... refusing to even acknowledge it... and somehow being so arrogant you are calling someone racist because... what... your feelings are hurt...? Or your pride won't allow you to care for anyone else other than yourself? Bless your heart.

Either way, might want to change your privacy settings while stalking me off the board... not a good look.
Canon
saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

Train. Never. Late. Let's do this more... what a great use of your time on this earth to keep deflecting from the real issue & pain someone else might be experiencing... refusing to even acknowledge it... and somehow being so arrogant you are calling someone racist because... what... your feelings are hurt...? Or your pride won't allow you to care for anyone else other than yourself? Bless your heart.

Either way, might want to change your privacy settings while stalking me off the board... not a good look.

saykay said:

Own your racism. Admit you are the problem. Admit you are a disgusting racist.
Whiskey Pete
saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Cool. I'll take that as a "No, I refuse to educate myself about the actual definition of white privilege - what it is and what it isn't - and stop using my righteous outrage over how hard I've had it as a false flag to distract people from a real issue in our country where people are hurting and my acknowledgement of that by educating myself could help them... NO I refuse to do that."

Cool cool cool. Understood. Let me know what kind of ally I can be for you instead - happy to do what I can to fight the discrimination you're facing in your life. I hate that for you.
Feel free to take it as a "I really don't care what a stupid leftist white hating know-it-all liberal on their high horse", such as yourself has to say.

Glad to know it bothers you that someone chooses to judge and treat someone by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin.

If you hurry, you can make it the grocery store early to either 1) Pay for every non-white person's grocery bill or 2) Scream at everyone for walking into HEB without a mask.

Now once again, get over yourself.
saykay
Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

saykay said:

Help me define racism again here, buddy...? I'm racist because... in your own words... I stated the fact I wish I was as confident as a mediocre white man? Is it because I dared suggest white men are, on average, mediocre? Or because I stated that some men are in fact white..? Help me out here..?
Canon
saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

saykay said:

Help me define racism again here, buddy...? I'm racist because... in your own words... I stated the fact I wish I was as confident as a mediocre white man? Is it because I dared suggest white men are, on average, mediocre? Or because I stated that some men are in fact white..? Help me out here..?

Just own your racism. Your deflection just makes you look worse.
ATL Bear
saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Christ saved the world. The arrogance is limiting the comparatives to Americans of different races and backgrounds who despite all ranges of challenges regardless of skin color, are blessed with opportunity and privileges Billions have no access to. That isn't license to ignore injustice or barriers to opportunity at home, but should serve as the basis of humility that eschews the covetous nature of seeking what others have, and recognizing the blessings of privilege one already has.
saykay
Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

Feel free to take it as a "I really don't care what a stupid leftist white hating know-it-all liberal on their high horse", such as yourself has to say.

Glad to know it bothers you that someone chooses to judge and treat someone by the content of their character instead of the color of their skin.

If you hurry, you can make it the grocery store early to either 1) Pay for every non-white person's grocery bill or 2) Scream at everyone for walking into HEB without a mask.

I'm sorry you feel threatened by me, as you seem a bit triggered by a person with an opinion different from yours and thus must be in need to "get over myself" ...how dare I disagree with your POV, right?

What do I know...? Who do I think I am?

But... wait... isn't that funny... isn't the entirety of your own POV on the basis of you dismissing and disagreeing with the personal POV & experiences shared by others who aren't white, even in this thread directly, even though you have no clue personally? How ironic... isn't it.

And... I promise I'm not scary. I'm not even that tall IRL.
saykay
Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

saykay said:

News flash: I'm not super concerned about what you aka my anonymous LinkedIn / social media stalker thinks of me on this board or in the real world. What I care about is what everyone outside of Baylor who judges our school by the nonsense you post on this board & then makes choices to send their kids (or not) or to send themselves as students to attend (or not) based on opinions that do not represent the Baylor majority, ones that are so dismissive of many of their experiences as you seem so proud to be.

I hope someone gives you a cut of the free board ad revenue for your troubles, at least. It must be a full time job to be this angry at the rest of the world you perceive to be taking something from you every day.
Canon
saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

saykay said:

News flash: I'm not super concerned about what you aka my anonymous LinkedIn / social media stalker thinks of me on this board or in the real world. What I care about is what everyone outside of Baylor who judges our school by the nonsense you post on this board & then makes choices to send their kids (or not) or to send themselves as students to attend (or not) based on opinions that do not represent the Baylor majority, ones that are so dismissive of many of their experiences as you seem so proud to be.

I hope someone gives you a cut of the free board ad revenue for your troubles, at least. It must be a full time job to be this angry at the rest of the world you perceive to be taking something from you every day.

You keep deflecting. Stop being a racist. It's easier.
Whiskey Pete
saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

saykay said:

Rawhide said:

bularry said:

I'm sorry you feel threatened by me, as you seem a bit triggered by a person with an opinion different from yours and thus must be in need to "get over myself" ...how dare I disagree with your POV, right?

What do I know...? Who do I think I am?

But... wait... isn't that funny... isn't the entirety of your own POV on the basis of you dismissing and disagreeing with the personal POV & experiences shared by others who aren't white, even in this thread directly, even though you have no clue personally? How ironic... isn't it.

And... I promise I'm not scary. I'm not even that tall IRL.
You're an idiot.
saykay
Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

saykay said:

Get a hobby other than stalking professional women on LinkedIn... it's less legally complicated... for you.
Canon
saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Canon rules:

About sums it up, no?

saykay said:

Get a hobby other than stalking professional women on LinkedIn... it's less legally complicated... for you.

You simply can't take responsibility for your racism. Typical leftist.
C. Jordan
Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

1. I gave you lots of examples of White suppression. I grew up in GA, in the Deep South, in the 1950s and 1960s, and saw it with my own eyes. Blacks had lesser schools, lesser medical care, lesser everything. A society that was tailored to allow Blacks and others to succeed if they tried? This is a complete myth. This NEVER EXISTED.

Just one example. My father worked in a GM factory in Atlanta. Blacks were allowed to work in the factory. As janitors, cooks, porters, etc. None of them were permitted to have high-paying jobs, no matter how smart they were or how hard they worked.

2. So you're saying Africans were responsible for the Middle Passage? Really? Who built the ships? Who manned the ships? Who profited the most? And who killed, maimed, and raped slaves when they arrived in the U.S.? It was all white people.

3. Okay. Good for you. But they're not talking to you or you're not listening to them when they tell about their experiences and history.

Next time you talk to your Black friends, ask them, "What do you think about BLM? Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for no good reason? Have you ever had to have 'the talk' with your son about being super careful when a cop pulls you over." Preface that you want them to be honest and that you won't be judgmental of them. And don't argue with them and "whitesplain" to them that what they feel is illegitimate. If they're honest with you, and you really listen, you'll have an eye-opening experience.

4. Again, this is delusion and myth. I'll give you just one small example. I live near a Cherokee reservation. The Cherokee tried to work with white settlers. They made treaty after treaty with the US government. The US broke every one.

Originally the US allowed them to have land stretching from North Georgia to Western North Carolina. When gold was discovered on Cherokee land in north Georgia, the Cherokee were driven off their land. Eventually, huge numbers of them were deported west.

So please don't give me this easily disprovable mythology that whites gave natives, Blacks, and others opportunities if they worked hard.
I grew up in rural Central & West Texas during the 60's and 70's. I saw a completely different world than you did in Georgia. I contend that since the mid-60's to late 60's the world you described in Atlanta no longer exists and hasn't for years. At least not in Texas. No, it did not change overnight but it is gone. White supremacy is a farce. Its numbers have been grossly inflated by the liberal media so as to dovetail into the current attempt to secure more $$$$ to throw at problems largely created by the supposed downtrodden themselves. People need to get off their lazy @$$#$ and TRY to earn a living and improve their standard of living. There are jobs these lazy people can do but the Dems have them hooked on freebies. Bring back the old Civilian Conservation Corps!

If it does exist it is nobody's fault but the folks that the Democrats keep underfoot. Opportunity is there and if you want to pull yourself up in the 2000's it can most assuredly be done. It does not happen overnight and you might not be able to afford all of the gangsta material things you desire right off the bat but you have to break free of the government teat. If you are waiting for yet another handout, I hope you wait until I am dead and gone before someone caves to the scam and gives in. It sicken me.

This poverty and supposed holding down of blacks affected millions more whites & browns who grew up without fathers, in squalor, around drugs, around gangs, etc. Generational poverty is real and sadly millions don't even try or truly want to break free. They need motivation and mentors, not $$$ thrown at them.

Africans STARTED the Middle Passage and fed the machine. If you desire reparations go talk to the African warlords and kings. Without them there would have been no slavery in America.

Yes, I was a father who raised my 3 kids. They were taught to respect authority and to play by the rules. They heard the Chris Rock Story from me early and often. Not a single family member I ever knew has or was arrested or thrown in jail. We feared the police and rightfully so.

Don't try to tell me about the plight of the American Indian. I know it well. Our government screwed them over more than any group and if anyone ever gets reparations it should be the American Indian.
Once again, this reflects a complete blindness to what's happened historically in America, and how it affects today.

You seem to be arguing two opposing things. That Blacks were discriminated against in the past, but not now, and that they really weren't discriminated against in the past.

What you're arguing is that, yes, Blacks and other groups were discriminated against in the past, but things are peachy for everybody today. But this ignores a couple of important facts. First, the racism of the past affects Blacks to this day. Second, things are still not equal for Blacks.

To the first point, a Black child born at the same time I was is behind where I am today because of the built-in discrimination that existed then. My Dad got a good job in a car factory. His Dad got a job as a janitor or cook. Repeat that different millions of times, and you get the picture.

To the second point, even today, Black people get higher prison sentences, etc., than white people committing the same crimes. For me, a traffic stop is an annoyance. For my Black friends, it's a life or death encounter. They know they can do everything right and still get killed.

You can't blame our slavery problem on the Africans. You seem to want to avoid the murder, maiming, raping, and everything else that slaves endured in the US.
Doc Holliday
C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

For me, a traffic stop is an annoyance. For my Black friends, it's a life or death encounter.
Absolutely insane.

You keep telling people they're in danger, they will choose flight or fight instead of rationality. Self fulfilling prophecy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.