White Privilege

17,374 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

1. I gave you lots of examples of White suppression. I grew up in GA, in the Deep South, in the 1950s and 1960s, and saw it with my own eyes. Blacks had lesser schools, lesser medical care, lesser everything. A society that was tailored to allow Blacks and others to succeed if they tried? This is a complete myth. This NEVER EXISTED.

Just one example. My father worked in a GM factory in Atlanta. Blacks were allowed to work in the factory. As janitors, cooks, porters, etc. None of them were permitted to have high-paying jobs, no matter how smart they were or how hard they worked.

2. So you're saying Africans were responsible for the Middle Passage? Really? Who built the ships? Who manned the ships? Who profited the most? And who killed, maimed, and raped slaves when they arrived in the U.S.? It was all white people.

3. Okay. Good for you. But they're not talking to you or you're not listening to them when they tell about their experiences and history.

Next time you talk to your Black friends, ask them, "What do you think about BLM? Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for no good reason? Have you ever had to have 'the talk' with your son about being super careful when a cop pulls you over." Preface that you want them to be honest and that you won't be judgmental of them. And don't argue with them and "whitesplain" to them that what they feel is illegitimate. If they're honest with you, and you really listen, you'll have an eye-opening experience.

4. Again, this is delusion and myth. I'll give you just one small example. I live near a Cherokee reservation. The Cherokee tried to work with white settlers. They made treaty after treaty with the US government. The US broke every one.

Originally the US allowed them to have land stretching from North Georgia to Western North Carolina. When gold was discovered on Cherokee land in north Georgia, the Cherokee were driven off their land. Eventually, huge numbers of them were deported west.

So please don't give me this easily disprovable mythology that whites gave natives, Blacks, and others opportunities if they worked hard.
I grew up in rural Central & West Texas during the 60's and 70's. I saw a completely different world than you did in Georgia. I contend that since the mid-60's to late 60's the world you described in Atlanta no longer exists and hasn't for years. At least not in Texas. No, it did not change overnight but it is gone. White supremacy is a farce. Its numbers have been grossly inflated by the liberal media so as to dovetail into the current attempt to secure more $$$$ to throw at problems largely created by the supposed downtrodden themselves. People need to get off their lazy @$$#$ and TRY to earn a living and improve their standard of living. There are jobs these lazy people can do but the Dems have them hooked on freebies. Bring back the old Civilian Conservation Corps!

If it does exist it is nobody's fault but the folks that the Democrats keep underfoot. Opportunity is there and if you want to pull yourself up in the 2000's it can most assuredly be done. It does not happen overnight and you might not be able to afford all of the gangsta material things you desire right off the bat but you have to break free of the government teat. If you are waiting for yet another handout, I hope you wait until I am dead and gone before someone caves to the scam and gives in. It sicken me.

This poverty and supposed holding down of blacks affected millions more whites & browns who grew up without fathers, in squalor, around drugs, around gangs, etc. Generational poverty is real and sadly millions don't even try or truly want to break free. They need motivation and mentors, not $$$ thrown at them.

Africans STARTED the Middle Passage and fed the machine. If you desire reparations go talk to the African warlords and kings. Without them there would have been no slavery in America.

Yes, I was a father who raised my 3 kids. They were taught to respect authority and to play by the rules. They heard the Chris Rock Story from me early and often. Not a single family member I ever knew has or was arrested or thrown in jail. We feared the police and rightfully so.

Don't try to tell me about the plight of the American Indian. I know it well. Our government screwed them over more than any group and if anyone ever gets reparations it should be the American Indian.
For me, a traffic stop is an annoyance. For my Black friends, it's a life or death encounter.
Absolutely insane.

You keep telling people they're in danger, they will choose flight or fight instead of rationality. Self fulfilling prophecy.

You don't have to tell people who have the lived experience.

I had a Black employee a while back who was the type of "get along with everyone" dude who -- based on the content of his character -- should have never had to worry about being harassed or profiled. He's literally one of the kindest people I've ever met and has done everything in his power to become the success he has. He still has experiences of being harassed and profiled. Are you going to tell him those experiences he has lived, which in his case could not be based on anything but his skin color, are fake?

Talking to him about some of the fears he had, particularly of encounters with rural police, was eye-opening for me. He had to worry about things I literally never even thought about.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

1. I gave you lots of examples of White suppression. I grew up in GA, in the Deep South, in the 1950s and 1960s, and saw it with my own eyes. Blacks had lesser schools, lesser medical care, lesser everything. A society that was tailored to allow Blacks and others to succeed if they tried? This is a complete myth. This NEVER EXISTED.

Just one example. My father worked in a GM factory in Atlanta. Blacks were allowed to work in the factory. As janitors, cooks, porters, etc. None of them were permitted to have high-paying jobs, no matter how smart they were or how hard they worked.

2. So you're saying Africans were responsible for the Middle Passage? Really? Who built the ships? Who manned the ships? Who profited the most? And who killed, maimed, and raped slaves when they arrived in the U.S.? It was all white people.

3. Okay. Good for you. But they're not talking to you or you're not listening to them when they tell about their experiences and history.

Next time you talk to your Black friends, ask them, "What do you think about BLM? Have you ever been pulled over by a cop for no good reason? Have you ever had to have 'the talk' with your son about being super careful when a cop pulls you over." Preface that you want them to be honest and that you won't be judgmental of them. And don't argue with them and "whitesplain" to them that what they feel is illegitimate. If they're honest with you, and you really listen, you'll have an eye-opening experience.

4. Again, this is delusion and myth. I'll give you just one small example. I live near a Cherokee reservation. The Cherokee tried to work with white settlers. They made treaty after treaty with the US government. The US broke every one.

Originally the US allowed them to have land stretching from North Georgia to Western North Carolina. When gold was discovered on Cherokee land in north Georgia, the Cherokee were driven off their land. Eventually, huge numbers of them were deported west.

So please don't give me this easily disprovable mythology that whites gave natives, Blacks, and others opportunities if they worked hard.
I grew up in rural Central & West Texas during the 60's and 70's. I saw a completely different world than you did in Georgia. I contend that since the mid-60's to late 60's the world you described in Atlanta no longer exists and hasn't for years. At least not in Texas. No, it did not change overnight but it is gone. White supremacy is a farce. Its numbers have been grossly inflated by the liberal media so as to dovetail into the current attempt to secure more $$$$ to throw at problems largely created by the supposed downtrodden themselves. People need to get off their lazy @$$#$ and TRY to earn a living and improve their standard of living. There are jobs these lazy people can do but the Dems have them hooked on freebies. Bring back the old Civilian Conservation Corps!

If it does exist it is nobody's fault but the folks that the Democrats keep underfoot. Opportunity is there and if you want to pull yourself up in the 2000's it can most assuredly be done. It does not happen overnight and you might not be able to afford all of the gangsta material things you desire right off the bat but you have to break free of the government teat. If you are waiting for yet another handout, I hope you wait until I am dead and gone before someone caves to the scam and gives in. It sicken me.

This poverty and supposed holding down of blacks affected millions more whites & browns who grew up without fathers, in squalor, around drugs, around gangs, etc. Generational poverty is real and sadly millions don't even try or truly want to break free. They need motivation and mentors, not $$$ thrown at them.

Africans STARTED the Middle Passage and fed the machine. If you desire reparations go talk to the African warlords and kings. Without them there would have been no slavery in America.

Yes, I was a father who raised my 3 kids. They were taught to respect authority and to play by the rules. They heard the Chris Rock Story from me early and often. Not a single family member I ever knew has or was arrested or thrown in jail. We feared the police and rightfully so.

Don't try to tell me about the plight of the American Indian. I know it well. Our government screwed them over more than any group and if anyone ever gets reparations it should be the American Indian.
For me, a traffic stop is an annoyance. For my Black friends, it's a life or death encounter.
Absolutely insane.

You keep telling people they're in danger, they will choose flight or fight instead of rationality. Self fulfilling prophecy.

I had a Black employee a while back who was the type of "get along with everyone" dude who -- based on the content of his character -- should have never had to worry about being harassed or profiled. He's literally one of the kindest people I've ever met and has done everything in his power to become the success he has. He still has experiences of being harassed and profiled. Are you going to tell him those experiences he has lived, which in his case could not be based on anything but his skin color, are fake?

Talking to him about some of the fears he had, particularly of encounters with rural police, was eye-opening for me. He had to worry about things I literally never even thought about.
What does someone like me have to do with those cops and why am I responsible for anything related?
Canon
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Absolutely insane.

What does someone like me have to do with those cops and why am I responsible for anything related?

Anyone who ever uses the phrase "lived experience ", non-ironically, should be ignored. Don't waste your time. Reality is not of interest to them.
bear2be2
Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Absolutely insane.

You're not. You are, however, responsible for posting on a message board that that's not a valid fear.
Thee University
C. Jordan said:

Once again, this reflects a complete blindness to what's happened historically in America, and how it affects today.

You seem to be arguing two opposing things. That Blacks were discriminated against in the past, but not now, and that they really weren't discriminated against in the past.

What you're arguing is that, yes, Blacks and other groups were discriminated against in the past, but things are peachy for everybody today. But this ignores a couple of important facts. First, the racism of the past affects Blacks to this day. Second, things are still not equal for Blacks.

To the first point, a Black child born at the same time I was is behind where I am today because of the built-in discrimination that existed then. My Dad got a good job in a car factory. His Dad got a job as a janitor or cook. Repeat that different millions of times, and you get the picture.

To the second point, even today, Black people get higher prison sentences, etc., than white people committing the same crimes. For me, a traffic stop is an annoyance. For my Black friends, it's a life or death encounter. They know they can do everything right and still get killed.

You can't blame our slavery problem on the Africans. You seem to want to avoid the murder, maiming, raping, and everything else that slaves endured in the US.
Up until about 5-10 years ago racism in America was relatively a small issue and on the downswing. Today the liberal media has blown the lid off of it and race baiters and hustlers continue to keep it on the front burner.

You have a reading comprehension problem or at least a selective comprehension disease. I understand though. It affects your type often and cruelly.

You have the ability, brown, black, white, red and yellow to make your future into whatever you want it to be. I contend that a lot of folks (all colors) don't want to make the effort to lift themselves up and out. The system they embrace is like a bad drug. They are hooked on handouts and blaming everyone but themselves.

Prison sentences are earned my friend. Plain and simple. Most of these guys have a track record of lawlessness, inability to function in today's society, theft, battery, drug use and all of the other things that can place you in prison. In my opinion we need to put MORE of these law breakers behind bars and we need to make prison so miserable that it actually teaches them a lesson. Color of skin does not matter. I hear that Turkish prisons are tough but even worse are those prisons in North Korea, Brazil, Syria & some in Russia. That is what we need out in Death Valley or in Arizona.

If you follow the rules, instructions and the law, interactions with police are simple and a minor issue. 99% of the so called life and death encounters are that way for a reason. Go back and watch Chris Rock's video.

Slavery was horrendous but it has been about 150 years since the Civil War. It has been about 50 years since Civil Rights were inacted. You have a choice in the great country of ours......live in the past and blame everyone else for your in-actions and blatant laziness or take advantage of the legwork and pain already done and suffered by millions of brown, black, yellow, red and even white people over the past years and achieve great things.

People who consistently break the laws and cannot act like a decent human being and TRY to assimilate into what used to be a near color blind society are doomed to be an albatross on those who are trying hard to better their lives and show the rest of the world that they do have redeeming qualities to share with everyone and therefore make this world a much better place.

I feel sorry for your bad attitude. You might want to consider moving out of the United States. Remember, Lincoln wanted to move all slaves to Liberia at one time.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
GrowlTowel
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Absolutely insane.

I call bull***** You have never employed anyone in a significant capacity.

Perhaps a gardener or a maid.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Doc Holliday
bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Absolutely insane.

You're not. You are, however, responsible for posting on a message board that that's not a valid fear.
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but to fear that the cop approaching you is racist is a stereotype. Preconceived ideas of race based behavior is racism.

Using your own rhetoric, Asians could make the same case with black men attacking them in large numbers. Would that be black privilege?
Oldbear83
I see a lot of emotion in this thread, which takes away the effectiveness of the post like rust on iron.

I also see a lot of anecdotal claims, which are valid to a point but impossible to prove happened, and which may run counter to the overall trend anyway. Also, anyone who has traveled is aware that racial behavior varies from place to place. It is not reasonable, for example, to take behavior in Harlem or Vidor, and insist that it represents the national trend.

It is also unreasonable to ignore historical advances, or regressions, in Race relations over time. It is patently absurd to look at 2021 conditions, especially in law, then claim that we still live in 1950 conditions. Anyone making that kind of claim is arguing from fallacy.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Whiskey Pete
Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Once again, this reflects a complete blindness to what's happened historically in America, and how it affects today.

You seem to be arguing two opposing things. That Blacks were discriminated against in the past, but not now, and that they really weren't discriminated against in the past.

What you're arguing is that, yes, Blacks and other groups were discriminated against in the past, but things are peachy for everybody today. But this ignores a couple of important facts. First, the racism of the past affects Blacks to this day. Second, things are still not equal for Blacks.

To the first point, a Black child born at the same time I was is behind where I am today because of the built-in discrimination that existed then. My Dad got a good job in a car factory. His Dad got a job as a janitor or cook. Repeat that different millions of times, and you get the picture.

To the second point, even today, Black people get higher prison sentences, etc., than white people committing the same crimes. For me, a traffic stop is an annoyance. For my Black friends, it's a life or death encounter. They know they can do everything right and still get killed.

You can't blame our slavery problem on the Africans. You seem to want to avoid the murder, maiming, raping, and everything else that slaves endured in the US.
Up until about 5-10 years ago racism in America was relatively a small issue and on the downswing. Today the liberal media has blown the lid off of it and race baiters and hustlers continue to keep it on the front burner.

You have a reading comprehension problem or at least a selective comprehension disease. I understand though. It affects your type often and cruelly.

You have the ability, brown, black, white, red and yellow to make your future into whatever you want it to be. I contend that a lot of folks (all colors) don't want to make the effort to lift themselves up and out. The system they embrace is like a bad drug. They are hooked on handouts and blaming everyone but themselves.

Prison sentences are earned my friend. Plain and simple. Most of these guys have a track record of lawlessness, inability to function in today's society, theft, battery, drug use and all of the other things that can place you in prison. In my opinion we need to put MORE of these law breakers behind bars and we need to make prison so miserable that it actually teaches them a lesson. Color of skin does not matter. I hear that Turkish prisons are tough but even worse are those prisons in North Korea, Brazil, Syria & some in Russia. That is what we need out in Death Valley or in Arizona.

If you follow the rules, instructions and the law, interactions with police are simple and a minor issue. 99% of the so called life and death encounters are that way for a reason. Go back and watch Chris Rock's video.

Slavery was horrendous but it has been about 150 years since the Civil War. It has been about 50 years since Civil Rights were inacted. You have a choice in the great country of ours......live in the past and blame everyone else for your in-actions and blatant laziness or take advantage of the legwork and pain already done and suffered by millions of brown, black, yellow, red and even white people over the past years and achieve great things.

People who consistently break the laws and cannot act like a decent human being and TRY to assimilate into what used to be a near color blind society are doomed to be an albatross on those who are trying hard to better their lives and show the rest of the world that they do have redeeming qualities to share with everyone and therefore make this world a much better place.

I feel sorry for your bad attitude. You might want to consider moving out of the United States. Remember, Lincoln wanted to move all slaves to Liberia at one time.
Hit the nail on the head.

Today, many people are completely content in playing the victim card. It's their stamp, it's what defines them. If in the process, if it earns them some sympathy and advantageous political policies, then by all means, they'll keep playing it up.

The democrats need victims. Their whole party is based on the illusion that they help "the little guy", the victim. They are the party to right the wrongs of evil conservatives. It's a smoke screen and their supporters are too stupid to see it.

Democrat policies over the last 60 years have created a system and cycle of poverty for black people that results in them being stuck in the ghetto, stuck on gov't assistance and stuck in poverty.

I have a very liberal white co-worker who is fallen face first into this white privilege hoax invented by the left. I told her one day that if she feels for the plight of today's Black Americans, then she should give up her house for a disenfranchised African American, maybe quit her job so her employer can give it to a black person.... yeah, she still works there and owns that.

The virtue signaling by the left is laughable and predictable and often, come at no discomfort to the leftists that loves to show how good of a person they want you to think they are.

Remember when Trump was in office, more black people had jobs, more black people earned more money and more black people were getting out of prison... yeah good time. Good times.

Let's face it, Trump gave more of a crap about black people than.... well, black race baiters in the black community (and white democrats in washington dc)
Doc Holliday
Whiskey Pete
I find it amusing that someone can think that being born white is a privilege and not be called a racist.

"Oh, you were born black? I'm sorry you weren't born the greatest color of them all -white. Here, let me help you because obviously, you can't help yourself since..... well, you're not white"
Waco1947
Osodecentx said:

Like the Irish, Italians, Polish, Jewish, Catholics, etc

African American racism dates from 1619 to the present
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Today, many people are completely content in playing the victim card. It's their stamp, it's what defines them. If in the process, if it earns them some sympathy and advantageous political policies, then by all means, they'll keep playing it up.

The democrats need victims. Their whole party is based on the illusion that they help "the little guy", the victim. They are the party to right the wrongs of evil conservatives. It's a smoke screen and their supporters are too stupid to see it.

Democrat policies over the last 60 years have created a system and cycle of poverty for black people that results in them being stuck in the ghetto, stuck on gov't assistance and stuck in poverty.

I have a very liberal white co-worker who is fallen face first into this white privilege hoax invented by the left. I told her one day that if she feels for the plight of today's Black Americans, then she should give up her house for a disenfranchised African American, maybe quit her job so her employer can give it to a black person.... yeah, she still works there and owns that.

The virtue signaling by the left is laughable and predictable and often, come at no discomfort to the leftists that loves to show how good of a person they want you to think they are.

Remember when Trump was in office, more black people had jobs, more black people earned more money and more black people were getting out of prison... yeah good time. Good times.

Let's face it, Trump gave more of a crap about black people than.... well, black race baiters in the black community (and white democrats in washington dc)
Trump gave more about black people
List here 5 craps
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

List here 5 craps
If you have no idea what Trump did for black Americans, then you either:

A) Need stop watching only CNN
or
B) Wake up

Maybe it's time you quit being a stooge for the woke left?
Oldbear83
Waco1947: "List here 5 craps"

Any of your posts, really, is full of at least that much crap.
quash
Rawhide said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

As always, God bless me to live every day with the fact-bullet-proof confidence of a mediocre white man.

Rules for Leftist 'Debate'

Step 1: Denigrate equality and responsibility.
Step 2: Take all agency from minorities.
Step 3: Claim moral high ground.
Step 4: Be a disgusting racist.

That's some google employee level racism right there...

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/-google-racism-kamau-bobb-antisemitism
These leftist dumbass hypocrites are the most racist of the bunch. They think because someone isn't black, they've must've had it easier than everyone else.

I'm sick and tired of these leftwing hypocritical racist know-it-all a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s.... especially the ones that say I've had it easy because I'm white. They can kindly go play in traffic.

It's never easy when you're such a snowflake.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Rawhide said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

As always, God bless me to live every day with the fact-bullet-proof confidence of a mediocre white man.

These leftist dumbass hypocrites are the most racist of the bunch. They think because someone isn't black, they've must've had it easier than everyone else.

I'm sick and tired of these leftwing hypocritical racist know-it-all a-s-s-h-o-l-e-s.... especially the ones that say I've had it easy because I'm white. They can kindly go play in traffic.

Pretty sure that's a quote from quash's autobiography, titled "Help Me Mommy, Everyone Is Being Mean to Me Again"
bear2be2
GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

Doc Holliday said:

C. Jordan said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

Absolutely insane.

I call bull***** You have never employed anyone in a significant capacity.

Perhaps a gardener or a maid.

Believe what you want. I just gave him a glowing recommendation for a new sportscasting job closer to home. I hope he gets it.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

Canon said:

saykay said:

Once again, not adding anything to the conversation, mamma's boy.
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Racism? In 1619?

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Whiskey Pete
Thee University said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

Racism? In 1619?

The race baiters keep getting more and more ridiculous. It usually happens when they need more inflow of cash or political votes.

ATL Bear
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

There wasn't an America or African American in 1619. And Racism against blacks began earlier than 1619.....BC.
Thee University
If you make a statement that is TRUE can it be called racist?

If it is true why should anyone be upset?
Canon
ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

There wasn't an America or African American in 1619. And Racism against blacks began earlier than 1619.....BC.

The bulk of it was FROM other blacks.
Forest Bueller_bf
Just an FYI

Hispanics don't use or like Latinx.

A 2020 Pew Research Center survey found that only 23% of U.S. adults who self-identified as Hispanic or Latino had heard of the term Latinx. Of those, 65% said that the term Latinx should not be used to describe them, with most preferring terms such as Hispanic or Latino.
Whiskey Pete
ATL Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

I agree with that. Also add that racism against races by other races probably began at the same time.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Osodecentx said:

So my brother works in a lumber yard with black people that constantly call him cracker. Are they racist?
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Thee University said:

C. Jordan said:

List here 5 craps
If you have no idea what Trump did for black Americans, then you either:

A) Need stop watching only CNN
or
B) Wake up

Maybe it's time you quit being a stooge for the woke left?
Waco1947
"Stooge?" I asked fair question
"List what he did?"
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/10/trump-vs-obama-accomplishments-blacks/
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
Nothing absolutely done with
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
"Council's report features months of hard work and observation of community redevelopment and nourishment. The report is divided into five sections and makes references to the newly released Volume Two of the Council's Community Toolkit, which is also available on the "OpportunityZones.gov" website. The five sections of the report include the following: (1) Best Practices of Local Governments, (2) Best Practices of State Governments, (3) Best Practices of the Foundations and Non-Profits Making an impact in Opportunity Zones, (4) Best Practices of Qualified Opportunity Funds, and (5) Pairing Opportunity Zone Capital with Federal Resources." HUD.gov
A report is not helpful to blacks. Where's the action?
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
"Council's report features months of hard work and observation of community redevelopment and nourishment. The report is divided into five sections and makes references to the newly released Volume Two of the Council's Community Toolkit, which is also available on the "OpportunityZones.gov" website. The five sections of the report include the following: (1) Best Practices of Local Governments, (2) Best Practices of State Governments, (3) Best Practices of the Foundations and Non-Profits Making an impact in Opportunity Zones, (4) Best Practices of Qualified Opportunity Funds, and (5) Pairing Opportunity Zone Capital with Federal Resources." HUD.gov
Has there been ANY action. To have action one must have a plan and then have the drive to put that plan into play. It takes rolled up sleeves, not out stretched, palms up.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
yes, you're Moe, as in one of three stooges... Not surprised it got lost on you.

Okay, cool.... what about all the stuff that was done and not a plan

But I bet you think Obama was great for Black America because he gave them more food stamps.

You're such a ****** bag, Wac47
Doc Holliday
Here's some academia behind your movement.

Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association
On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which "white" people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one's body, in one's mind, and in one's world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts' appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning ("never again") or as temptation ("great again"). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/00030651211008507

quash
Doc Holliday said:

Here's some academia behind your movement.

Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association
On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which "white" people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one's body, in one's mind, and in one's world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts' appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning ("never again") or as temptation ("great again"). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/00030651211008507

As I have told you repeatedly I am aware of this ***** Do you have anything new to add? Do you want me to post every time I run across an academic paper that opposes CRT?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.