White Privilege

17,375 Views | 236 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by whiterock
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

Here's some academia behind your movement.

Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association
On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which "white" people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one's body, in one's mind, and in one's world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts' appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning ("never again") or as temptation ("great again"). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/00030651211008507

As I have told you repeatedly I am aware of this ***** Do you have anything new to add? Do you want me to post every time I run across an academic paper that opposes CRT?
I want you to admit that your support for white privilege talking points and black lives matter is ultimately being construed towards CRT regardless of your opposition to critical justice. In effect, your behavior is bolstering it.

I'm sure you'll disagree while critical justice is exponentially expanding.
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"Stooge?" I asked fair question
"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

https://theblacksphere.net/2020/10/trump-vs-obama-accomplishments-blacks/
"Mow?"
Nothing absolutely done with
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
"Council's report features months of hard work and observation of community redevelopment and nourishment. The report is divided into five sections and makes references to the newly released Volume Two of the Council's Community Toolkit, which is also available on the "OpportunityZones.gov" website. The five sections of the report include the following: (1) Best Practices of Local Governments, (2) Best Practices of State Governments, (3) Best Practices of the Foundations and Non-Profits Making an impact in Opportunity Zones, (4) Best Practices of Qualified Opportunity Funds, and (5) Pairing Opportunity Zone Capital with Federal Resources." HUD.gov
A report is not helpful to blacks. Where's the action?
yes, you're Moe, as in one of three stooges... Not surprised it got lost on you.

Okay, cool.... what about all the stuff that was done and not a plan

But I bet you think Obama was great for Black America because he gave them more food stamps.

Wac47
I understand Moebit I don't understand the name calling. I have respectful. I ask the of you.
Opportunity Zones Legislation became a boondoggle for the rich.
" Mr. Scaramucci's development in New Orleans offers a portrait of how the tax break works. His investment company, SkyBridge Capital, is using the so-called opportunity zone initiative to help build a hotel, outfitted with an opulent restaurant and a rooftop pool, in the city's trendy Warehouse District.

The tax benefit also is helping finance the construction of a 46-story, glass-wrapped apartment tower amenities include a yoga lawn and a pool surrounded by cabanas and daybeds in a Houston neighborhood already brimming with new projects aimed at the wealthy."
Waco1947
Again "1,000,000 lifted from poverty"
Wrong again
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/12/trump-wrong-about-poverty-record/
Greenbear
Whiteness is not a thing. Racism is real. It always has been. It always will be. As long as people are different there will be racism. 38 to 46 million people in this world are estimated to be in slavery right now. Shouldn't that be a bigger concern than those in slavery 150 years ago, or at least as much?

All I have every wanted, in my white world I guess, is equal opportunity. That is all my constitution offers me. Do I have advantages because my ancestors were successful Doctors and farmers? I guess so. I can see that, but that does preclude anything. There is still opportunity. I know a lot of people who had tough childhoods and are great parents. Just because of how you were born or the condition you lived in doesn't mean you are destined for anything.

Victimization is polarizing. Progressives know and understand this. If the purpose of identifying racism as a political tactic was to help people, it would have already been done. It is only for a vote. Real change comes from the heart. It starts with each us and isn't what my parents were or weren't. Own your situation, condition or environment. Sorry that life is tough, but there is plenty of proof that everyone can make it if they choose.
Whiskey Pete
Greenbear said:

Whiteness is not a thing. Racism is real. It always has been. It always will be. As long as people are different there will be racism. 38 to 46 million people in this world are estimated to be in slavery right now. Shouldn't that be a bigger concern than those in slavery 150 years ago, or at least as much?

All I have every wanted, in my white world I guess, is equal opportunity. That is all my constitution offers me. Do I have advantages because my ancestors were successful Doctors and farmers? I guess so. I can see that, but that does preclude anything. There is still opportunity. I know a lot of people who had tough childhoods and are great parents. Just because of how you were born or the condition you lived in doesn't mean you are destined for anything.

Victimization is polarizing. Progressives know and understand this. If the purpose of identifying racism as a political tactic was to help people, it would have already been done. It is only for a vote. Real change comes from the heart. It starts with each us and isn't what my parents were or weren't. Own your situation, condition or environment. Sorry that life is tough, but there is plenty of proof that everyone can make it if they choose.
Well said.

Yep, life is 5% what happens to you, 10% how you react to it and 85% what you do about it.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report
"Council's report features months of hard work and observation of community redevelopment and nourishment. The report is divided into five sections and makes references to the newly released Volume Two of the Council's Community Toolkit, which is also available on the "OpportunityZones.gov" website. The five sections of the report include the following: (1) Best Practices of Local Governments, (2) Best Practices of State Governments, (3) Best Practices of the Foundations and Non-Profits Making an impact in Opportunity Zones, (4) Best Practices of Qualified Opportunity Funds, and (5) Pairing Opportunity Zone Capital with Federal Resources." HUD.gov
yes, you're Moe, as in one of three stooges... Not surprised it got lost on you.

But I bet you think Obama was great for Black America because he gave them more food stamps.

Wac47
I understand Moebit I don't understand the name calling. I have respectful. I ask the of you.
" Mr. Scaramucci's development in New Orleans offers a portrait of how the tax break works. His investment company, SkyBridge Capital, is using the so-called opportunity zone initiative to help build a hotel, outfitted with an opulent restaurant and a rooftop pool, in the city's trendy Warehouse District.

The tax benefit also is helping finance the construction of a 46-story, glass-wrapped apartment tower amenities include a yoga lawn and a pool surrounded by cabanas and daybeds in a Houston neighborhood already brimming with new projects aimed at the wealthy."
Sorry Moe, Opportunity Zones weren't/aren't a bad thing:

https://www.ajc.com/opinion/opinion-opportunity-zones-delivering-results/5JSKEQRA6JHZHKJ2NZNEAHXBJM/

Now what about all the other stuff Trump did for blacks that Obama never could be bothered with?
quash
Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

Whiteness is a condition one first acquires and then one has a malignant, parasitic-like condition to which "white" people have a particular susceptibility. The condition is foundational, generating characteristic ways of being in one's body, in one's mind, and in one's world. Parasitic Whiteness renders its hosts' appetites voracious, insatiable, and perverse. These deformed appetites particularly target nonwhite peoples. Once established, these appetites are nearly impossible to eliminate. Effective treatment consists of a combination of psychic and social-historical interventions. Such interventions can reasonably aim only to reshape Whiteness's infiltrated appetites to reduce their intensity, redistribute their aims, and occasionally turn those aims toward the work of reparation. When remembered and represented, the ravages wreaked by the chronic condition can function either as warning ("never again") or as temptation ("great again"). Memorialization alone, therefore, is no guarantee against regression. There is not yet a permanent cure.

As I have told you repeatedly I am aware of this ***** Do you have anything new to add? Do you want me to post every time I run across an academic paper that opposes CRT?
I want you to admit that your support for white privilege talking points and black lives matter is ultimately being construed towards CRT regardless of your opposition to critical justice. In effect, your behavior is bolstering it.

ROFL.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

quash said:

Doc Holliday said:

On Having Whiteness:

Quote:

ROFL.
Well, I can believe you were rolling on the floor ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Waco1947
If We whites refuse to explore racial reality by not discussing them they will continue.
Talking about race is not divisive but unifying. To Understand another's reality can produce empathy and change within ourselves.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

If We whites refuse to explore racial reality by not discussing them they will continue.
Talking about race is not divisive but unifying. To Understand another's reality can produce empathy and change within ourselves.

That's not quite true.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Oh, I don't know. Saying a black person won't get ahead, can't get an accountant, unable to attain a lawyer, will never be able to "build that" and doesn't understand how to get an ID.... sounds pretty racist to me.

Then throw in black people must have help from the privileged white people to survive.... sounds like Whatasized racism to me.
Canon
Waco1947 said:

Again "1,00,00 lifted from poverty"
Wrong again

Well, that's not an actual number, so.....
Wrecks Quan Dough
Canon said:

Waco1947 said:

Wrong again

I think he meant to say Eleventy million.
Doc Holliday
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Oh, I don't know. Saying a black person won't get ahead, can't get an accountant, unable to attain a lawyer, will never be able to "build that" and doesn't understand how to get an ID.... sounds pretty racist to me.

Then throw in black people must have help from the privileged white people to survive.... sounds like Whatasized racism to me.
I'm coining the term 'Compassionate Racism'.

You heard it here first.
whiterock
BearFan33 said:

I often ask myself why won't liberals let us become a color blind society.

IMO things like "critical race theory" and "white privilege" are taking us in the wrong direction.
Because it's bad for their politics, and bad for their self esteem. Without race, they have one less thing to virtue posture over to show us how much more they care than others.
Volunteer
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report

Wac47

Yes it is so much better to leave the vacant dilapidated buildings rather than build something new that might actually be financially feasible and provide jobs to the local citizenry. How thoughtless.
Waco1947
Canon said:

Waco1947 said:

Again "1,000,000 lifted from poverty"
Wrong again

Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

Yep, life is 5% what happens to you, 10% how you react to it and 85% what you do about it.
Except if you are black. You started on third base as did I because we are white. Explore that notion
Waco1947
Carlos Cruz said:

Canon said:

Waco1947 said:

Wrong again

I think he meant to say Eleven million.
1,000,000 (and it is not a record) is the correct number.
Waco1947
D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

That's not quite true.
Why not? It is unifying to blacks for you to understand their black experience in America.
Oldbear83
Waco: "You started on third base as did I because we are white"

This is a lie, and a stupid one. Many millions of white people have no economic or social advantage, and hate mongers like Waco know that, but lie anyway.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Waco1947
Volunteer said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report

Wac47

Yes it is so much better to leave the vacant dilapidated buildings rather than build something new that might actually be financially feasible and provide jobs to the local citizenry. How thoughtless.
Except it is not better because the money flowed to rich people who built what people cannot afford or built in non black communities. Read up it.
Whiskey Pete
Doc Holliday said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

I'm coining the term 'Compassionate Racism'.

You heard it here first.
I can go with that....

liberals = compassionate racists.
Waco1947
Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report

Wac47

Sorry Moe, Opportunity Zones weren't/aren't a bad thing:

https://www.ajc.com/opinion/opinion-opportunity-zones-delivering-results/5JSKEQRA6JHZHKJ2NZNEAHXBJM/

Now what about all the other stuff Trump did for blacks that Obama never could be bothered with?
Your data is deeply flawed.
  • "The Administration, through the Minority Business Development Agency (MDBA), has helped facilitate billions of dollars in funding to support minority enterprises."
  • MBDA is a government agency in existence since since 1969. He simply rode on its coattails.but "he President's proposal calls for the elimination of the Minority Business Development Agency (MBDA), a key institution at the Department of Commerce and the only program dedicated to advancing minority business enterprises." US Black Chamber of Commerce
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

Except if you are black. You started on third base as did I because we are white. Explore that notion
LOL...

Wake up Moe, it's not a color problem, it's a cultural problem.

One of my childhood friends (who happens to be black... and gasp! A woman)... went to Baylor got a degree, became a teacher and is now a principal in a good school district in the DFW area. Funny how her color didn't "hold her back".... then again, she never thought of herself as a "victim". Plus she's a conservative to boot; so there's that.

So once again, NOT a color problem
quash
Waco1947 said:

Volunteer said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report

Wac47

Except it is not better because the money flowed to rich people who built what people cannot afford or built in non black communities. Read up it.

I'm no fan of Opportunity Zones or TIFFs or other government thumbs on the scale, but if investors can make a profit selling to rich folks I have no problem with that. And don't discount the jobs that flowed from the project.
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Greenbear
I was very disappointed that Obama did not do more for race relations. Perhaps my whiteness had something to do with my lack of understanding. Obama first gave a public, government approved angry voice to racism. In retrospect, maybe that is the first step, but I didn't imagine that. Did last summer, with all the riots, fires, marches, etc., help?. Are we better off? What did we accomplish? Anger has boiled over into hatred and lack of understanding and frustration with what happened in the past. How do we solve this? We can't. It is impossible. Anger without a desire to resolve is fruitless, pointless and counterproductive, but I am sure it makes some people feel better. For those mired in anger or frustration with their situation, I can't help them. I can only reach out and help those who want change, real change. They will want to get beyond where they are today knowing that the world will never be perfect. I can't change a broken world, but we can reach out and help those people who want their future to be better by getting beyond old issues today.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

D. C. Bear said:

Waco1947 said:

That's not quite true.
Why not? It is unifying to blacks for you to understand their black experience in America.

It isn't true because "talking about race" by itself is no more unifying than talking about anything else is. When talking about race is about how blacks shouldn't be allowed to go to the same schools as whites, that is not unifying. Nor is it unifying when talking about race means telling blacks people that they are victims of oppression by virtue of their skin color and can only rise in society if benevolent white people recognize their white privilege and deign to bestow good things upon them by being anti racist, and telling whites that they are racists by virtue of their skin color and anything they say, no matter how innocuous, can and will be held against them. So, no, merely "talking about race" isn't unifying at all, and as long as talking about race revolves around pseudo Marxist crap, it won't be unifying.
Thee University
Waco1947 said:

Does that mean if I move to Africa that all of the blacks are starting on third base while I am at bat?

What measurements are you using to make that statement?
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
Volunteer
Waco1947 said:

Volunteer said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Waco1947 said:

"List what he did?"

Here ya' go Moe:

"Mow?"
The revitalization plan
It's only a report

Wac47

Yeah, having invested in these means I know a little about the subject. Exactly who do you think has the financial capability to invest in these areas? It ain't Santa Claus. It takes money to launch and operate these projects. You seem to be upset because the entity that invests capital is rewarded with profit? Interesting.

My company, at times, specifically located factories in less than desirable areas (aka opportunity zones) solely because of tax incentives to do so. We provided well-paying jobs for people in the community. Now, we're not talking IBM here, but we did employ a few hundred in these locations.

Also opportunity zones are not specifically for African-American communities. There are plenty of dilapidated areas of cities in need of revitalization all across this nation that are home to people of many other ethnicities. To think otherwise is quite myopic.
GrowlTowel
Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

You started on third base as did I because we are white.
I worked my ass off to get to third base repeatedly when I was younger. We can't all be like Trump and just grab'em by the third base.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Waco1947
Considering if one's blind spots may need to be examined is a great starting point for our racial attitudes.
Waco1947
GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

I worked my ass off to get to third base repeatedly when I was younger. We can't all be like Trump and just grab'em by the third base.
Yes of course you worked your ass off to get third several times but your grit and determination is not the issue. The issue in race is seeing life as a person of color.
D. C. Bear
Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

Yes of course you worked your ass off to get third several times but your grit and determination is not the issue. The issue in race is seeing life as a person of color.

The joke

Your head.
Whiskey Pete
Waco1947 said:

GrowlTowel said:

Waco1947 said:

Rawhide said:

Greenbear said:

Well said.

"White Privilege" is the big lie. Wow wac, you are a one track mind aren't ya'....

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.