China's Chernobyl, or America's?

1,236 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mothra
Mothra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Vanity Fair published an article today that is the most compelling yet that the virus was the result of a lab-leak, and has ample evidence that bureaucrats within the CDC and govt. health organizations attempted to cover up the theory because of fear that the public would find out that our tax dollars went to funding gain of function research at the lab in question, which was well-known to be very lax in safety protocols for years. Those researching the lab-origin theory were told not to open Pandora's Box by the higher ups. Some were even threatened. It's pretty damning.

When you have a traditionally liberal magazine suggesting the man-made lab leak theory and a govt. cover-up, you should take note. It is a very thorough and well-researched article that is well-worth the read.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

BaylorOkie
Author's thread:

DioNoZeus
The fact that the United States would find this type of research in a country with a long standing history of quality control issues is mindnumbing.
Robert Wilson
DioNoZeus said:

The fact that the United States would find this type of research in a country with a long standing history of quality control issues is mindnumbing.
Truly unbelievable.

When our government manages to disappoint even me, it's really done something. I expect nothing but ineptitude. But this is more akin to active malfeasance. This is like giving Barney Fife the bullet and letting him load his gun and waive it around.
jupiter
China is probably thrilled to death by the whole thing, they would probably be giving the whole staff of the Wuhan lab medals and Bentleys and victory Parades through the streets of Beijing if it weren't such bad publicity to the rest of the world.
Robert Wilson
This does give #followthescience a whole new meaning.
Mothra
Robert Wilson said:

DioNoZeus said:

Truly unbelievable.

When our government manages to disappoint even me, it's really done something. I expect nothing but ineptitude. But this is more akin to active malfeasance. This is like giving Barney Fife the bullet and letting him load his gun and waive it around.
It goes beyond malfeasance. It's intentional conduct, and potentially criminal.
Robert Wilson
How on earth is this thread not getting more traffic?

This should be one of the biggest stories in the US since World War II.

We just locked our whole goddam country down, lost many lives, ruined livelihoods, screwed up everyone's lives for a year. Imagine how many lives were hampered and many ruined.

And what was behind it? Potentially our own government steering dollars into Chinese virus research which created a virus that spilled out and infected the entire world, and then our government with the help of a media that long ago abandoned its function kept it covered up for a year.

This is massive, and shows what a completely inept cancer both our huge bureaucratic state and our feckless political media have become.

Maybe that's why this thread isn't getting so much attention.
Sam Lowry
Finally, a reason to hate Covid...it was the scientists!
PartyBear
Those of you outraged havent y'all been the ones saying for 15 months it was either a hoax or just the flu regardless its no big deal. No need to wear masks etc.

Are you the sudden outraged vaccinated?

Bottom line we are investigating this. Lets see what comes of it.
Robert Wilson
PartyBear said:

I feel better now that you're on the case.
muddybrazos
PartyBear said:

Those of you outraged havent y'all been the ones saying for 15 months it was either a hoax or just the flu regardless its no big deal. No need to wear masks etc.

Oh good, lets just all relax while the criminals investigate their crimes. I'm sure justice will be served.
PartyBear
muddybrazos said:

PartyBear said:

Oh good, lets just all relax while the criminals investigate their crimes. I'm sure justice will be served.
Y'all have been relaxed about this virus for 15 months now we are getting over it. Now is the time you want to freak out about it.
bularry
I find it troubling that we'd be utilizing Chinese research facilities... no matter how much oversight we claim

I'm guessing the UK will be freaking about this even more, because I believe their ties to this lab were fairly significant, also.
Mothra
It seems like this is something that people of all political persuasions should be outraged by, even our resident Fauci worshiper and apologist. But alas...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.