Allen West resigns as chair of Texas Republican Party

536 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Allen West resigns as chair of Texas Republican Party
The move raises speculation that West is preparing to run for a statewide office.

Texas GOP Chairman Allen West announced his resignation Friday morning, raising speculation he could run for statewide office.
West, who took over the party in July 2020, will remain chair until a successor is picked on July 11, the party said.
The party said in a statement that West "will take this opportunity to prayerfully reflect on a new chapter in his already distinguished career."
HuMcK
Is he after Lt Governor? Huffines seems like more of a challenge to Abbott than West would be.
Osodecentx
HuMcK said:

Is he after Lt Governor? Huffines seems like more of a challenge to Abbott than West would be.
Huffines is zero, he couldn't hold a N Dallas state senate seat
PartyBear
Statewide office in which state?
PartyBear
Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Things are changing. Maybe he can no longer win in the area he is from, and perhaps he cannot carry the entire state. But I would think he can win a state wide GOP primary.
Osodecentx
PartyBear said:

Osodecentx said:

HuMcK said:

Things are changing. Maybe he can no longer win in the area he is from, and perhaps he cannot carry the entire state. But I would think he can win a state wide GOP primary.
I disagree. Have you ever seen him on the stump?
He inherited a bunch of money from the car dealership, but Abbott has ($40 million?). Huffines gives nuts a bad name
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.