This is Just Wrong! I Hope Jon Rahm Sues the PGA!!!

5,439 Views | 75 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by RD2WINAGNBEAR86
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://nypost.com/2021/06/05/jon-rahm-withdraws-from-memorial-after-positive-covid-19-test/

Enough of this silliness. STOP IT! Covid is done. Please stop restricting people's abilities to make a living. Sad, sad, sad!!!

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
Surely he'll sue everyone possible?

Huge income loss now plus future ops from it plus endorsements that far up

"The PGA Tour said the Spaniard had come in close contact with a person who was COVID-19 positive, meaning he could play provided he was tested daily. Every test came back negative except the one after his second round, which was completed Saturday morning.

The positive test was confirmed, the results returned as he was playing the 18th hole, knowing nothing except no one was close to him on the leaderboard.

The tour said Rahm remained asymptomatic."

ASYMPTOMATIC TOO!!!

I can't believe tour DQs on tests, and he's also "ASYMPTOMATIC" too! How high were cycles on test? Probably way over required 25,000 for true test so another false positive costing a man a ton of income!
I'd immediately seek a 25,000 cycle test, get my negative and my "asymptomatic" ax would sue their ax off, and I'm very anti-lawsuit too

Team COVID fear needed a public COVID fear headline with Fauci legitimately getting bombed. Well, they hate golf for going against em early on and opening back up!?
OsoCoreyell
Did he decline to get vaccinated?
Oldbear83
Golf seems to be well-suited for distancing. wonder what a good lawyer can do with this?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Booray
The pros have a strong player group and were well represented in drafting the rules. He agreed to this.

In addition, the overarching concept behind regular tournament golf rules is that each player is expected to "protect the field." Jon Rahm predictably has been gracious about it, as would be almost any pro.

Oldbear83
Certainly Rahm has shown great grace. Does he get any compensation for this situation?
muddybrazos
Seems dumb to dq him. Should've just let him play by himself. He was the leader so just tee off last in his own solo group.
fubar
Shouldn't a private organization such as the PGA, in agreement with its players/members, be able to set and enforce its rules?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
fubar said:

Shouldn't a private organization such as the PGA, in agreement with its players/members, be able to set and enforce its rules?
I dont understand why "conservatives" all of a sudden hate private organizations and are always trying to call in lawyers.
fubar
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

fubar said:

I dont understand why "conservatives" all of a sudden hate private organizations and are always trying to call in lawyers.
Weird, isn't it?
Oldbear83

fubar said:

LOL, as if Leftists don't have a stable of lawyers they wear out all the time.
Booray
Oldbear83 said:

Certainly Rahm has shown great grace. Does he get any compensation for this situation?
No-Rahm almost certainly lost the full 1.67 million because of this.

Notable: Baylor Alum Jimmy Walker was the first to tweet yesterday that Rahm should be allowed to play the last round alone. As it turns out, Jimmy had a spectacular day today (good karma?) firing the round of the tournament and climbing into a tie for 6th, up from 38th. Had Rahm played, Jimmy would have been T-7 and probably $30,000 less rich.

Saw one report that Rahm could have had the J & J vaccine three weeks ago. Rahm is a Spaniard so getting the vaccine might not be quite as easy for him. Not sure why he didn't take the vaccine then, but I would guess pro golfers want to make sure that side effects do not impact tournaments. He did get vaccinated after being informed he had been in close contact with a positive case, but it was too late at that point.
ATL Bear
If he'd been vaccinated would he not have been in contact tracing or testing protocols?
Booray
ATL Bear said:

If he'd been vaccinated would he not have been in contact tracing or testing protocols?
Correct.
ATL Bear
Booray said:

ATL Bear said:

Correct.
Odd. You can still contract Covid and spread it even when vaccinated.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

Thanks for confirming my opinion that there is very little difference between the two rotten parties. All you got is "But they do it too". You are correct of course.
BusyTarpDuster2017

fubar said:

I think it's when private organizations started joining the dark side of the culture war, pushing false, divisive narratives and crushing free speech.
BusyTarpDuster2017
fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?
I don't know if those who think a guy with a weenie can be a woman is in any position to say something's "weird".

Or, maybe it makes you the perfect authority for it. Who knows.
Canon
fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Look at these guys defending segregated lunch counters for blacks. You two advocate private busses telling blacks to sit at the back.
Canon
fubar said:

You are still looking for any reason to keep blacks out of your country club, aren't you.
Sam Lowry
Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Look at these guys defending segregated lunch counters for blacks. You two advocate private busses telling blacks to sit at the back.
Poor analogy. Skin color is innate and immutable. Vaccination status isn't. I remember when conservatives knew the difference.
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Poor analogy. Skin color is innate and immutable. Vaccination status isn't. I remember when conservatives knew the difference.

It's a spot on analogy. It clearly bothers you just how apt it is because it puts you in the company of some terrible people. But there you are.
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

He declined to be vaccinated. He knew the terms and conditions of PGA tournament participation.

Simple risk consequences analysis.
Oldbear83

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

Thanks for confirming my opinion that there is very little difference between the two rotten parties. All you got is "But they do it too". You are correct of course.
In my experience, the Left sues out of tantrum far more than the Right. And the Right at least pays lip service to the Constitution.

And of course whenever the Left is found to do something wrong, they never make efforts to change their ways, something the Right does try to do.
Forest Bueller_bf

fubar said:

Don't think this has anything to do with conservative or liberal.

Everybody I have ever met tries to protect their rights and liberties as an individual.

That is kind of built into our constitution.

That said rules are rules, this really does stink for the individual.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Oldbear83 said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

In my experience, the Left sues out of tantrum far more than the Right. And the Right at least pays lip service to the Constitution.

And of course whenever the Left is found to do something wrong, they never make efforts to change their ways, something the Right does try to do.Is this experience like the
Is this experience like the poor Taiwanese folks that didnt realize the live in communist China?
Whiskey Pete
Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

He declined to be vaccinated. He knew the terms and conditions of PGA tournament participation.

Is it not worth an investigation and hearing to determine if his civil rights were violated?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Forest Bueller_bf said:

fubar said:

Don't think this has anything to do with conservative or liberal.

Everybody I have ever met tries to protect their rights and liberties as an individual.

That is kind of built into our constitution.

That said rules are rules, this really does stink for the individual.
I respect you enough to say you may be right.

its probably my failing memory but it seems like conservatives used to a crowd of rules have consequences and a person should respect private property and rules. Maybe both parties were always the same. Look at this thread. Cinque, the most conservative and liberal hater on the board, leads of saying the young man should sue because the rules he agreed upon didnt work in his favor. One person here claimed expecting a person to follow agreed upon rules was akin to refusing to serve blacks at lunch counter. Another said that although conservatives do sue at the drop of a hat they do it more nicely. Another said that it was ok because now liberals were trying to take away freedom of speech.

I dont see this as a matter of civil rights anymore than Twitter refusing to serve crap is a violation of freedom of speech. He agreed to the rules. He didnt have to agree to the rules but he did.
Booray
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Is it not worth an investigation and hearing to determine if his civil rights were violated?
His civil rights? What on earth are you talking about. Explain a theory under which Jon Rahms 'civil rights" were violated.
Sam Lowry
Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

It's a spot on analogy. It clearly bothers you just how apt it is because it puts you in the company of some terrible people. But there you are.
It's a lifestyle choice, like smoking except that coronavirus is a lot more dangerous than secondhand smoke. It is a little bothersome to be in the company of anti-smokers, many of whom are terrible people, but they do have their rights.
Oldbear83

Oldbear83 said:

Oldbear83 said:

fubar said:

And of course whenever the Left is found to do something wrong, they never make efforts to change their ways, something the Right does try to do.Is this experience like the
Is this experience like the poor Taiwanese folks that didnt realize the live in communist China?
You need to try decaf, and get a clue or two.
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

His civil rights? What on earth are you talking about. Explain a theory under which Jon Rahms 'civil rights" were violated.
I didn't say his civil rights were violated... but just because an club or organization established a rule doesn't mean it can't run afoul of law.

He'll get his day in court and the court will decided if the organization operated in bad faith.

But just for the record, I believe that private business or private club or organization should establish whatever policies they wish without interference from gov't.

If I want to start a club for vaxxers I should have that right. Likewise, I should be able to start a club for straight men only or gay men only or no transgenders or transgenders only, etc....
Booray
Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

I didn't say his civil rights were violated... but just because an club or organization established a rule doesn't mean it can't run afoul of law.

He'll get his day in court and the court will decided if the organization operated in bad faith.

But just for the record, I believe that private business or private club or organization should establish whatever policies they wish without interference from gov't.

If I want to start a club for vaxxers I should have that right. Likewise, I should be able to start a club for straight men only or gay men only or no transgenders or transgenders only, etc....

You asked whether it would be worth investigating. To be worth investigating, there has to be some possibility that his civil rights were violated. That possibility does not exist.

There was no government actor. The policy was agreed to. People who are not vaccinated are not a protected class.

Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

You asked whether it would be worth investigating. To be worth investigating, there has to be some possibility that his civil rights were violated. That possibility does not exist.

There was no government actor. The policy was agreed to. People who are not vaccinated are not a protected class.

He filed a lawsuit, he deserves to be heard. Unless you don't think he deserves to be heard
Whiskey Pete
Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Booray said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Sam Lowry said:

Canon said:

fubar said:

fubar said:

Weird, isn't it?

Often protected classes start off by not being a protected class. Often changes in laws, policies, procedures start with a lawsuit.

Do you believe he doesn't have the right to be heard. His claims investigated?
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.