"White people make my blood boil."

2,888 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LIB,MR BEARS
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Yale Comments on Psychiatrist's Lecture on White People
June 7, 2021

Yale University said that the views of a psychiatrist who lectured at the university's medical school in April were "antithetical to the values of the school," The New York Times reported. Yale also restricted access to a video of the talk by Aruna Khilanani. In her talk, Khilanani said she had fantasies of shooting white people. She also said of white people, "There are no good apples out there. White people make my blood boil."
Khilanani said in an email Saturday that her words had been taken out of context to "control the narrative." She said her lecture had "used provocation as a tool for real engagement."
https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2021/06/07/yale-comments-psychiatrists-lecture-white-people
Osodecentx
NYC shrink tells Yale audience she fantasizes about shooting White people in head
Dr. Aruna Khilanani spewed the race-hating virtual remarks at the Ivy League institution's Child Study Center on April 6
A New York City-based psychiatrist told an audience at the Yale School of Medicine in April that she had fantasies of "unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way."
Dr. Aruna Khilanani spewed the race-hating virtual remarks in which she also said she'd walk away from the shooting "with a bounce in my step" and that white people "make my blood boil" and "are out of their minds and have been for a long time" at the Ivy League institution's Child Study Center on April 6.
Audio of the talk was posted on the substack online platform of former New York Times opinion writer and editor Bari Weiss on Friday, along with an interview of Khilanani conducted by writer and podcaster Katie Herzog.
A flyer promoting the talk and posted online by Weiss titled the lecture, "The Psychopathic Problem of the White Mind" and included "learning objectives" such as "Set up white people's absence of empathy towards black rage as a problem" and "Understand how white people are psychologically dependent on black rage."
Khilanani opened her remarks by telling the audience, "I'm gonna say a lot of things, and it will probably provoke a lot of responses, and I want you to just maybe observe them in yourself."
She then added "prayers up for DMX" before discussing what she described as the "intense rage and futility" people of color purportedly feel when talking to white people about racism.
"We are calm, we are giving, too giving, and then when we get angry, they use our responses as confirmation that we're crazy or have emotional problems," Khilanani said. "It always ends that way, happens every time. Like a ******* timer, you can count it down.
"Nothing makes me angrier than a white person who tells me not to be angry, because they have not seen real anger yet," she said before talking about how she "systematically" cut off most of her former white friends "around five years ago.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-shrink-tells-yale-audience-she-fantasizes-about-shooting-white-people-in-head
Oldbear83
She needs to spend a few years working in the real world. But judging by her words, that woman would see jail inside of a week in Real Life
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Booray
Too radical for Yale is pretty radical
Osodecentx
Booray said:

Too radical for Yale is pretty radical
Imagine that
Bexar Pitts
A psychiatrist? I wonder what her success rate is for treating anger management?
Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts said:

A psychiatrist? I wonder what her success rate is for treating anger management?
Depends on the race of the patient
ABC BEAR
Send the immigrant back.
Doc Holliday
Anyone else notice the same people telling us to trust and expand government are simultaneously telling us it's systemically racist?
Mitch Blood Green
I would normally suggest we don't let her own a gun. I'm learning that is radical thinking.
Osodecentx
tommie said:

I would normally suggest we don't let her own a gun. I'm learning that is radical thinking.
Apparently we need to let the white people around her own and carry
bear2be2
ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Where in any of the stories linked did it say this woman was an immigrant? She's clearly a racist and a radical. I would have thought that would have been basis enough for criticism.
Doc Holliday
365 neoliberals: "White privilege is about accepting that you systemically oppress, it's the right thing to be aware of".

Actual result of discussing 'white privilege: "I fantasize about shooting white people".
Forest Bueller_bf
I would suggest she be stripped of her credential and never be allowed to practice in the United States ever again.

A clearly insane person has no business in her field.

She needs clinical help, not to be giving clinical help.
Whiskey Pete
Forest Bueller_bf said:

I would suggest she be stripped of her credential and never be allowed to practice in the United States ever again.

A clearly insane person has no business in her field.

She needs clinical help, not to be giving clinical help.
Can we have background checks on psychiatrists and a 3 day waiting period before they get a license?

We may need to look at psychiatrist control and ban assault style psychiatry.
Whiskey Pete
Sounds like she wants to give the Steve Scalise shooter a run for his money.
ABC BEAR
bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Where in any of the stories linked did it say this woman was an immigrant? She's clearly a racist and a radical. I would have thought that would have been basis enough for criticism.
According to the Libs we are all immigrants. It's not totally unheard of for the State Department to repatriate someone to their country of origin. It sounds like she would be much happier elsewhere anyway.
bear2be2
ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

According to the Libs we are all immigrants. It's not totally unheard of for the State Department to repatriate someone to their country of origin. It sounds like she would be much happier elsewhere anyway.

On what, other than her name, do you base the assumption that the United States isn't her country of origin? I didn't see anything in either story to indicate otherwise. The only description I saw was "New York-based psychiatrist."

I think we can all agree that fighting racism with racism -- as this woman is clearly doing -- is wrong. But I don't see how fighting racism with xenophobia is any better.

There's plenty in this story to criticize without trying "repatriate" someone who is as likely as not, based on the information provided, to be a natural born citizen.
Forest Bueller_bf
tommie said:

Very much true, clinically insane people should not own guns.
Forest Bueller_bf
And before any far left believer in CRT gets on here and defenders her, this is what she thinks about you....

On April 18, she uploaded a video on Instagram saying, "the biggest racists are Liberals and White Feminists."
Osodecentx
Forest Bueller_bf said:

And before any far left believer in CRT gets on here and defenders her, this is what she thinks about you....

On April 18, she uploaded a video on Instagram saying, "the biggest racists are Liberals and White Feminists."
Ah, maybe there is some common ground
Doc Holliday
Forest Bueller_bf said:

GrowlTowel
bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

On what, other than her name, do you base the assumption that the United States isn't her country of origin? I didn't see anything in either story to indicate otherwise. The only description I saw was "New York-based psychiatrist."

I think we can all agree that fighting racism with racism -- as this woman is clearly doing -- is wrong. But I don't see how fighting racism with xenophobia is any better.

There's plenty in this story to criticize without trying "repatriate" someone who is as likely as not, based on the information provided, to be a natural born citizen.
Here is a serious question - why do you care? Why do you care if the poster is anti-immigrant or racist? Why do you care what motivation was behind his post?

Stop trying to police thought.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Osodecentx
bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Dr Aruna Khilanani is from New York and a psychiatrist. She completed her studies at the University of Chicago. She was graduated from medical school in the year 2006. She also did her internship at Bellevue Hospital in NYC. She was raised and born in New York.
https://arealnews.com/dr-aruna-khilanani/#Dr_Aruna_Khilanani_Biography_-_Wiki_About_Profile
Osodecentx
Indian-origin psychiatrist at Yale slammed for 'fantasies of unloading revolver into white person'

Dr Aruna Khilanani was invited by Yale University's School of Medicine to give a talk at a weekly forum on mental health. The audio of her address, released recently, has sparked outrage online over a digression in which she describes in graphic, expletive-laden detail her fantasies of shooting white people dead.
https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/dr-aruna-khilanani-yale-lecture-white-person-shooting-black-lives-matter-1812283-2021-06-08
Forest Bueller_bf

Quote:

The trouble began when the audio of the talk was posted last week on the sub-stack online platform of former New York Times opinion writer and editor Bari Weiss. Since then, conservative publications, alt-right talking heads and social media trolls have had a field day fixating on the following part of her speech:

Quote:

"I had fantasies of unloading a revolver into the head of any white person that got in my way, burying their body and wiping my bloody hands as I walked away relatively guiltless with a bounce in my step, like I did the world a favour."

So the problem is the "far right" found out about her sentiment, not that she said it.
Far left liberal publication are insane, and complicit in the insanity, if this is actually their belief.
Florda_mike
Doc Holliday said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Weird stuff

Our country is a mess

Thanks obomb
bear2be2
GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Here is a serious question - why do you care? Why do you care if the poster is anti-immigrant or racist? Why do you care what motivation was behind his post?

Asking critical questions is not policing thought. Don't worry. You guys are free to be as anti-immigrant and racist as you want to be -- and to do so largely free of consequences on this particular board.
Osodecentx
bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Asking critical questions is not policing thought. Don't worry. You guys are free to be as anti-immigrant and racist as you want to be -- and to do so largely free of consequences on this particular board.
The doctor isn't an immigrant. She is a home grown racist/bogot
There are millions of them
bear2be2
Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Ok.

This post is better directed at ABC and GrowlTowel than me.
Osodecentx
bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Ok.

Okay
Mitch Blood Green
Forest Bueller_bf said:

tommie said:

Very much true, clinically insane people should not own guns.

She should not be within a zip code of a gun.
ABC BEAR
bear2be2 said:

Osodecentx said:

bear2be2 said:

GrowlTowel said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

bear2be2 said:

ABC BEAR said:

Send the immigrant back.

Ok.

Thanks, I caught up with the post. She might consider moving anyhow....she seems to find white folks intolerable and they are a large % of what we've got here.

BTW - Most of my posts are tongue-in-cheek. My previous comments were Smack and intended to fuel the discussion.
Proud 1992 Alum
It would be one thing if she had said those things in a late-night drunken rant with friends. But she thought it was appropriate to say that in front of an audience at a forum on mental health at Yale. She is either an evil vindictive racist or seriously mentally ill.
LIB,MR BEARS
I can see making these statements if there was an open, physical discussion going on and it was being used as a compare/contrast. Outside of that, I've got nothing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.