Apple pie - the latest imperialist injustice

610 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Redbrickbear
JXL
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/may/01/food-injustice-has-deep-roots-lets-start-with-americas-apple-pie
Oldbear83
Raj Patel is a moron.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
nein51
I think articles like this are a good thing. When the "normal" people are trying to point how just how stupid some of these movements are (and they are) articles like this become incredible ammunition.

Wait until he finds out that baseball is just a *******ized version of cricket.
Forest Bueller_bf
Article is just another excuse to condemn the "colonizers" out there.

bear2be2
Silly articles like these are detrimental to whatever cause is being fought. The reason I can't embrace liberalism/the Democratic Party is the insistence of many among those ranks to overplay their hands and take reasonable concerns/complaints to unreasonable lengths.
Whiskey Pete
I like Banana Pudding. Can anyone tell me if Banana Pudding is racist yet?
EatMoreSalmon
Didn't read. Must be something about the Imperial brand sugar used to make the pie, right?
Robert Wilson
Rawhide said:

I like Banana Pudding. Can anyone tell me if Banana Pudding is racist yet?
It is if you try, just like everything else.

Hard to tell where/when this turns into satire.
Redbrickbear
That was just him railing against capitalism and international agricultural trade/business.

The idea being that if you throw in some accusations of "muh racism" and point out that working conditions in food/agriculture were worse 100 years ago than today...people will forget that modern industry has created the most unusual situation in human history...modern people are actually dying from obesity and over eating.

That would have been almost unthinkable for the vast majority of humans during the past 50,000 years.

Yet because of modern trade and capital investment in agriculture we are actually able to produce enough food that even the poorest of people can eat themselves to death.

Its absolutely wild that liberals think dreck like Raj produces is somehow "insightful" and "thought provoking"
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.