So do we unplug our electric vehicles? :-)

3,967 Views | 64 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ATL Bear
ShooterTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Green energy is so awesome.

No waste of money here.

This is from today in Matagorda County, Texas.
ShooterTX
BUwolverine2012
get that thing some viagara!
Whiskey Pete
Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Toss in millions of illegals over the last several years. Schools, hospitals, highways, and other infrastructure can't keep up.
You think if Abbot builds a wall we can run the A/C all day. That's cute.
It's short sighted to think that tens of thousands of illegals coming into Texas each month has no affect on the power grid.
It's ridiculous to think 29 million Texans can lay the blame at the immigrants feet.
No, what's ridiculous is to think that illegal immigrants have zero impact.
Are you saying the state failed to account for them?
Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. What I remember saying that is illegal aliens have an impact on the power grid. Period.

Some folks here act that is not a fact. We can debate how much impact, whether the state should've prepared for it or not, that's a different argument.

The fact remains. Illegal aliens by the tens of thousands per month, does in fact have an impact on the power consumption in this state.
Oldbear83
ShooterTX said:

No waste of money here.

Texas crows can be tough.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Sam Lowry
Rawhide said:

Sam Lowry said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Toss in millions of illegals over the last several years. Schools, hospitals, highways, and other infrastructure can't keep up.
It's short sighted to think that tens of thousands of illegals coming into Texas each month has no affect on the power grid.
It's ridiculous to think 29 million Texans can lay the blame at the immigrants feet.
Are you saying the state failed to account for them?
Did I say that? I don't remember saying that. What I remember saying that is illegal aliens have an impact on the power grid. Period.

Some folks here act that is not a fact. We can debate how much impact, whether the state should've prepared for it or not, that's a different argument.

The fact remains. Illegal aliens by the tens of thousands per month, does in fact have an impact on the power consumption in this state.
Is there anyone who doesn't have an impact on the power grid?
ATL Bear
Being a state with some of the highest oil and natural gas output and its own grid not being more effective with thermal power generation is, I don't know, ironic in a sense?
Bexar Pitts
ATL Bear said:

Being a state with some of the highest oil and natural gas output and its own grid not being more effective with thermal power generation is, I don't know, ironic in a sense?
Amen...BTW, can I plug my Tesla in now? :-)
chriscbear
Common sense needed. Clean air is a good thing but takes time. Mans effect on the planet is greatly exaggerated . Natural gas and clean or cleaner coal burning plants still can be used. We are not killing the planet.
Canon
ShooterTX said:

No waste of money here.

HOW HOT WAS IT!?!?!

It was so hot the windmills melted.
ShooterTX
ATL Bear said:

Less ironic when you realize that we spent 20 years shutting down thermal plants, and replacing them with windmills.
ShooterTX
Oldbear83
Canon said:

ShooterTX said:

No waste of money here.

HOW HOT WAS IT!?!?!

It was so hot the windmills melted.

Actually, there was a tornado reported, which seems to have done the damage. That said, the damage shows that these windmills were poorly planned.
quash
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Let me know when your straw man appears.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Oldbear83
Just a coincidence, but someone drove into a transformer last night and my neighborhood lost power for about 45 minutes.

Have to admit my first thought was ERCOT screwed up again.
Whiskey Pete
quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Let me know when you have something intelligent to say
Canon
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

J.B.Katz
Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

I think Quash is misguided in his belief that the very segment, self-interested, uncoordinated, amoral free market (which netted us the Exxon head-in-the-sand approach to climate change, which is going to cost trillions of dollars and billions of lives sooner rather than later) is the cure for all ills.

But he always has something intelligent to say.
Whiskey Pete
J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

I think Quash is misguided in his belief that the very segment, self-interested, uncoordinated, amoral free market (which netted us the Exxon head-in-the-sand approach to climate change, which is going to cost trillions of dollars and billions of lives sooner rather than later) is the cure for all ills.

Sorry jinxy, you lost me at amoral free market.

Honestly, you lost me at "I"
PartyBear
I suppose it was not an issue in February because people were not driving int he arctic storm. However dont gas pumps for vehicles require some electricity to operate? People running out of gas in their vehicles could end up being an added crisis if the grid goes out again like it did in February.
Doc Holliday
Whether this is Abbot's fault or not...it's not worth voting in democrats that so many of you are trying desperately to make the case for.
bear2be2
ShooterTX said:

No waste of money here.

Living in West Texas, it's hilarious to read all this wind energy fear mongering. Drive by any wind farm out here and you'll see how silly this post is.
bear2be2
Rawhide said:

J.B.Katz said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sorry jinxy, you lost me at amoral free market.

Honestly, you lost me at "I"
Someone appears to be struggling with the difference in definition between amoral and immoral.
BellCountyBear
Rawhide said:

We need more power plants. Time to reopen the several that closed over the last decade.
We really need more nuclear power plants. Even the climate alarmists should love it!
GrowlTowel
quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Deflect much? 1 million people use x amount of energy.

Recalculate.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Recalculate.
Do they not pay their bills? Are we giving free energy to immigrants, and that's why we can't maintain the infrastructure? What is it that y'all think is going on here?
J.B.Katz
bear2be2 said:

ShooterTX said:

No waste of money here.

Living in West Texas, it's hilarious to read all this wind energy fear mongering. Drive by any wind farm out here and you'll see how silly this post is.
I was cruising along the freeway by a wind turbine and passed the field where they were being installed last fall. Those blades are as long as a semi. They aren't going to wilt like a daisy in the hot sun.
J.R.
I have a ranch in West Texas and those freaking turbines are popping up everywhere. just terrible. Has polluted some of my views.
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Recalculate.
Do they not pay their bills? Are we giving free energy to immigrants, and that's why we can't maintain the infrastructure? What is it that y'all think is going on here?
29 million people use x amount of energy.
33 million people use x + amount of energy.

Recalculate.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Recalculate.

Recalculate.
I don't see your point. We have 29 million people, including 1.6 million illegal immigrants. Who are the other 4 million?
Bexar Pitts
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Recalculate.

Recalculate.
I don't see your point. We have 29 million people, including 1.6 million illegal immigrants. Who are the other 4 million?
Probably wealthy "immigrants" from New York and California that leave the thermostat on 65 during the summer.
J.B.Katz
Bexar Pitts said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

quash said:

GrowlTowel said:

Recalculate.

Recalculate.
Probably wealthy "immigrants" from New York and California that leave the thermostat on 65 during the summer.
aka "Winter Texans"
ATL Bear
ShooterTX said:

ATL Bear said:

Less ironic when you realize that we spent 20 years shutting down thermal plants, and replacing them with windmills.
That is the irony.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.