Idiots like this will ingest oleandrin but won't take vaccine

7,052 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TexasScientist
TexasScientist
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Drug Pitched to Trump for Covid-19 Comes From a Deadly Plant

The chief executive of My Pillow, a Trump donor, claims oleandrin is a miracle cure for Covid-19. But no studies have shown that it is safe or effective, and the shrub it's derived from is poisonous.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/20/health/covid-oleandrin-trump-mypillow.html

The unsubstantiated claims alarmed scientists. No studies have shown that oleandrin is safe or effective as a coronavirus treatment. It's unclear what dose the purported treatment would have, but ingesting even a tiny bit of the toxic shrub the compound comes from could kill you, experts say.

Why Mike Lindell Can't Stop

The MyPillow tycoon has lost business pumping up Trump conspiracy theories, and probably lost his chance at a political future. But he believes he's on a divine mission to overturn the electionand he's not alone.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2021/06/15/mike-lindell-mypillow-trump-election-conspiracy-494302

One day in mid-May, after a rally in South Dakota to promote his new website, Mike Lindell, the pillow magnate and indefatigable election-conspiracy promoter, barreled into his company headquarters, sat himself down at a long table in a conference room he uses as a makeshift office and slid a dropper under his tongue.

The dropper was full of oleandrin, a plant extract that he toutsalarmingly, to scientistsas both a preventative and "miracle" cure for Covid-19. He squeezed.

"Look at this I can never get the virus," he said, near the beginning of the roughly six hours I spent with him over two days at MyPillow. "It's impossible for me to get it."
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
muddybrazos
I would rather take neither but will continue to take 10k iu of vitamin d, 2000mg of vitamin c and a zinc supplement. I don't want an experimental vaccine. Maybe in 10 years when there is a lot of data available i will reevaluate my risks.
J.B.Katz
Only 40% of ppl in my state vaccinated.

That's because of awful leaders. All of whom are vaccinated.

In this case its, "Do what they do, not what they say."
PartyBear
I know people taking horse de wormer in lieu of the vaccine for some reason. Because they dont trust the vaccine. Just bizarre.
muddybrazos
J.B.Katz said:

you live in Mississippi?
Canon
J.B.Katz said:

"Get a vaccine, but change nothing about your life" is indeed a truly dumba.s.s sales pitch.
J.B.Katz
PartyBear said:

I know people taking horse de wormer in lieu of the vaccine for some reason. Because they dont trust the vaccine. Just bizarre.
I give my dog ivermectin to prevent heartworms. Taking it myself? Might as well eat rat poison.
J.B.Katz
muddybrazos said:

J.B.Katz said:

you live in Mississippi?
One of these 20 states: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html
bear2be2
J.B.Katz said:

muddybrazos said:

J.B.Katz said:

you live in Mississippi?
One of these 20 states: https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/states-ranked-by-percentage-of-population-vaccinated-march-15.html
Given how much protection is now thought to be provided by a single dose, I'm not sure how meaningful this particular list actually is. While I'm sure it would tell largely the same story geographically, a list including partial vaccinations would have far more value and paint a more accurate picture.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
muddybrazos said:

J.B.Katz said:

you live in Mississippi?

Jinx lives in Tennessee.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel
Question - why does anyone care if someone else gets the vaccine?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Answer: herd immunity and variants.
J.B.Katz
bear2be2 said:

J.B.Katz said:

muddybrazos said:

J.B.Katz said:

you live in Mississippi?
Given how much protection is now thought to be provided by a single dose, I'm not sure how meaningful this particular list actually is. While I'm sure it would tell largely the same story geographically, a list including partial vaccinations would have far more value and paint a more accurate picture.
Hoping that the ppl who already bothered to get 1 shot will get the second one.

Also not sure if the "one shot" covers people who got the single-shot.

I'm old enough that I remember pools being shut down becuase of polio outbreaks. My epideiologist neighbor and her husband, a surgeon, just moved to a state where public health is a higher priority that it is in my home state and we're thinking about moving to a state where the governor/legislature isn't stupid and pigheaded.
GrowlTowel
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Herd immunity works with people getting sick. Again, why care? Either the vaccine works, or it doesn't. If you have had the vaccine, it does not matter if the person next you is sick.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Herd immunity works with people getting sick. Again, why care? Either the vaccine works, or it doesn't. If you have had the vaccine, it does not matter if the person next you is sick.
It emphatically doesn't work with people getting sick. It matters because vaccines don't just work or not work. They may protect the great majority of people, but there are always some who can't take them or can't benefit from them.
ATL Bear
As long as we don't interject gain of function variants from the lab, we'll be fine.
Forest Bueller_bf
bear2be2 said:

J.B.Katz said:

muddybrazos said:

J.B.Katz said:

you live in Mississippi?
A week ago the US had 51.7% with at least one dose. Probably added another 1 percent last week.
cms186
GrowlTowel said:

the more unvaccinated people there are, the more chance they get the virus and the more chance that the Virus mutates again
I'm the English Guy
Canon
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Real Answer: Irrational fear and desperate need to control the lives of others.
TexasScientist
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

It emphatically doesn't work with people getting sick. It matters because vaccines don't just work or not work. They may protect the great majority of people, but there are always some who can't take them or can't benefit from them.
And as you said, with people getting sick, new variants (and more dangerous) may render the vaccine ineffective, preventing herd immunity.
“It is impossible to get a man to understand something if his livelihood depends on him not understanding.” ~ Upton Sinclair
TexasScientist
ATL Bear said:

As long as we don't interject gain of function variants from the lab, we'll be fine.
It's out in the world at large, a much bigger lab now, where gain of function is occurring naturally through mutations. You can't say we'll be fine, because we don't know what will occur.
TexasScientist
Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Who has a desperate need to control the lives of others? And, how do they conspire to implement their diabolical plan?
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

thats like, your opinion man

Children cant get vax, young people statistically dont really need vax, people who already got covid dont need vax as it builds the same antibodies they already have

Swirl all that around and you get about 40% which is where you are at
4th and Inches
cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

the more unvaccinated people there are, the more chance they get the virus and the more chance that the Virus mutates again
lol, virus gonna virus

Which one have we have successfully stopped? Flu? Chicken pox? Common cold?

People become asymptomatic carriers of these viruses but the virus is still around
TexasScientist
4th and Inches said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

lol, virus gonna virus

People become asymptomatic carriers of these viruses but the virus is still around
Small pox, chicken pox, polio ...

Common cold and chicken pox typically are not fatal nor do they produce lingering morbidity.

We won't know where mutations will take this virus if it continues unchecked.
ATL Bear
TexasScientist said:

ATL Bear said:

It's out in the world at large, a much bigger lab now, where gain of function is occurring naturally through mutations. You can't say we'll be fine, because we don't know what will occur.
Gain of function mutations are rare from a naturally occurring standpoint, particularly one that would create a significant change in the virus. It's more likely losing function as it mutates broadly. That's what makes the lab leak theory so plausible. The rare nature of this type of enormous jump in capability for this virus. And the vaccine doesn't stop its ability to mutate.
muddybrazos
TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

And as you said, with people getting sick, new variants (and more dangerous) may render the vaccine ineffective, preventing herd immunity.
Viruses typically mutate and weaken.
4th and Inches
TexasScientist said:

4th and Inches said:

cms186 said:

GrowlTowel said:

lol, virus gonna virus

Small pox, chicken pox, polio ...

Common cold and chicken pox typically are not fatal nor do they produce lingering morbidity.

We won't know where mutations will take this virus if it continues unchecked.
try again, those viruses are still out there

Outbreaks are common in Africa and the Middle East. Some wild and some from vaccine strains
STxBear81
i know people that take Ivermectin and swear by it. Say it cures cancer too. I havent gone that far
Wrecks Quan Dough
Something alarmed scientists? How is that possible? Judging by the public's response to anything advanced during Covid under the pretext of "science," I thought scientists were omniscient beings.
ABC BEAR
BornAgain said:

i know people that take Ivermectin and swear by it. Say it cures cancer too. I havent gone that far
.....and it keeps the worms away. If it grows hair on my head I will shout it from the rooftop.
Sam Lowry
muddybrazos said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

This one isn't typical.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
TexasScientist said:

Canon said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Who has a desperate need to control the lives of others? And, how do they conspire to implement their diabolical plan?

Obviously you haven't been paying attention these last 15 months.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
ATL Bear
Sam Lowry said:

muddybrazos said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

This one isn't typical.
Without further human intervention, it will act accordingly. The natural protein process is the future of Covid 19.
4th and Inches
Sam Lowry said:

muddybrazos said:

TexasScientist said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

This one isn't typical.
that is what happens when you play with stuff in a lab

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.