Vaccinated folks now angry at vaccine hestitators

10,447 Views | 196 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 4th and Inches
D. C. Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
J.B.Katz said:

Why no one should watch Laura Ingraham:

Dershowitz: I have the right to get on an airplane and know that everybody on that airplane has been vaccinated or testedhttps://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1420934369695334401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Well, pretty much if you're vaccinated, you don't need to worry about your health relative to others' disease or vaccination status. There is no "right to know" the vaccination or disease status of your fellow passengers.

Did he really say he thinks COVID is worse than smallpox? What planet is he living on, because it certainly is not this one!
J.B.Katz
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Dershowitz: I have the right to get on an airplane and know that everybody on that airplane has been vaccinated or testedhttps://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1420934369695334401?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Well, pretty much if you're vaccinated, you don't need to worry about your health relative to others' disease or vaccination status. There is no "right to know" the vaccination or disease status of your fellow passengers.

Did he really say he thinks COVID is worse than smallpox? What planet is he living on, because it certainly is not this one!
Did you think Laura Ingraham's behavior and treatment of Dershowitz was acceptable? I can imagine your reaction if a left-wing host from MSNBC treated someone who agrees with your viewpoint and was doing so in a reasonable, polite way, as Dershowitz was doing in this clip, like Ingraham treated Dershowitz.

Unfortunately, it appears vaccination does not completely protect people from the Delta variant, hence the CDC's revised guidelines: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/30/provincetown-covid-outbreak-vaccinated/

Dershowitz is right. Vaccination may be a choice, but airlines, public transit, employers and businesses should be able to opt out of hosting people who chose not to be vaccinated who don't have a legit reason to opt out.

He makes a bunch of valid points, including the fact that we don't know how bad this is going to be in the long-term.
D. C. Bear
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Did you think Laura Ingraham's behavior and treatment of Dershowitz was acceptable? I can imagine your reaction if a left-wing host from MSNBC treated someone who agrees with your viewpoint and was doing so in a reasonable, polite way, as Dershowitz was doing in this clip, like Ingraham treated Dershowitz.

Unfortunately, it appears vaccination does not completely protect people from the Delta variant, hence the CDC's revised guidelines: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/30/provincetown-covid-outbreak-vaccinated/

Dershowitz is right. Vaccination may be a choice, but airlines, public transit, employers and businesses should be able to opt out of hosting people who chose not to be vaccinated who don't have a legit reason to opt out.

He makes a bunch of valid points, including the fact that we don't know how bad this is going to be in the long-term.

I didn't watch it, so I am not in a position to evaluate what she said or how she treated him. I am inclined to take your advice and not watch it. That is why I asked, "Did he really say he thinks COVID is worse than smallpox?" If you watched it, would you be so kind as to answer my question?
J.B.Katz
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

I didn't watch it, so I am not in a position to evaluate what she said or how she treated him. I am inclined to take your advice and not watch it. That is why I asked, "Did he really say he thinks COVID is worse than smallpox?" If you watched it, would you be so kind as to answer my question?
He did say that. The video is short. It's worth watching. I'm not usually a fan of Dershowitz but he gives a master class of handling rudeness and belligerance with grace and common sense and the soft, but firm answer that, in this case, didn't turn off Ingraham's wrath. Worth your time.
Porteroso
SIC EM 94 said:

Porteroso said:

Doc Holliday said:

HuMcK said:

I've already given you the stats. Minorities are less vaccinated than whites.

And why would you care if it's conservatives that are at risk because they're unvaccinated and Democrats who aren't at risk because they are vaccinated? What better way to achieve your political goals than to have a virus kill your political opposition?
Why do you guys project your "I don't care if muy political opposition does" on everyone else? Why would you think vaccinated people just don't care about the unvaccinated?

When we had measles outbreaks in 2019, it was vaccinated people that had to right the ship of antivax. You just can't count on antivaxxers to fix the problem.

I agree it should be a personal choice, but it should also be an informed one. The group of white Republicans who are the least vaxxed, are also probably the least informed. Many are even worse, misinformed. Important to fight bs with facts.
Why do you refuse to address or acknowledge one of the largest groups of unvaccinated are your "brothers and sisters"? Why not post charts showing the percentage of minorities that refuse to get vaccinated? Or is it only the dirty Trumpers that matter to you and many others?
Who are my brothers and sisters? I'm just saying it should be an informed decision. Unfortunately there is a ton of misinformation out there that people are believing.
J.B.Katz
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Perhaps not. The revised CDC guidelines are based on an outbreak of Delta variant among vaccinated people: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/30/provincetown-covid-outbreak-vaccinated/?wpmk=1&wpisrc=al_news__alert-hse--alert-national&utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wp_news_alert_revere&location=alert&pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjb29raWVuYW1lIjoid3BfY3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDYXJ0YSIsImNvb2tpZXZhbHVlIjoiNTk2OTk1ZTM5YmJjMGY2ZDcxYzRkMTNmIiwidGFnIjoid3BfbmV3c19hbGVydF9yZXZlcmUiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy53YXNoaW5ndG9ucG9zdC5jb20vaGVhbHRoLzIwMjEvMDcvMzAvcHJvdmluY2V0b3duLWNvdmlkLW91dGJyZWFrLXZhY2NpbmF0ZWQvP3dwbWs9MSZ3cGlzcmM9YWxfbmV3c19fYWxlcnQtaHNlLS1hbGVydC1uYXRpb25hbCZ1dG1fc291cmNlPWFsZXJ0JnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPXdwX25ld3NfYWxlcnRfcmV2ZXJlJmxvY2F0aW9uPWFsZXJ0In0.Ztooe8wZ-3ICMKtu1sOlayHTzLJYhe7g0Hzyot87TS4

A sobering scientific analysis published Friday of an explosive Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak fueled by the delta variant found that three-quarters of the people who became infected were fully vaccinated. The report, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, bolstered the hypothesis that vaccinated people can spread the more transmissible variant and may be a factor in the summer surge of infections.

The data, detailed in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, provided key evidence that convinced agency scientists to reverse recommendations on mask-wearing and advise that vaccinated individuals wear masks in indoor public settings in some circumstances.
Critically, the study found that vaccinated individuals carried as much virus in their noses as unvaccinated individuals, and that vaccinated people could spread the virus to each other. The CDC was criticized this week for changing its mask guidance without citing unpublished data. The report released Friday contains that data.
D. C. Bear
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

He did say that. The video is short. It's worth watching. I'm not usually a fan of Dershowitz but he gives a master class of handling rudeness and belligerance with grace and common sense and the soft, but firm answer that, in this case, didn't turn off Ingraham's wrath. Worth your time.

OK, but saying COVID is worse than smallpox is like saying a mild case of salmonella poisoning is worse than stage four cancer.
D. C. Bear
J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Perhaps not. The revised CDC guidelines are based on an outbreak of Delta variant among vaccinated people: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/30/provincetown-covid-outbreak-vaccinated/?wpmk=1&wpisrc=al_news__alert-hse--alert-national&utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=wp_news_alert_revere&location=alert&pwapi_token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJjb29raWVuYW1lIjoid3BfY3J0aWQiLCJpc3MiOiJDYXJ0YSIsImNvb2tpZXZhbHVlIjoiNTk2OTk1ZTM5YmJjMGY2ZDcxYzRkMTNmIiwidGFnIjoid3BfbmV3c19hbGVydF9yZXZlcmUiLCJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL3d3dy53YXNoaW5ndG9ucG9zdC5jb20vaGVhbHRoLzIwMjEvMDcvMzAvcHJvdmluY2V0b3duLWNvdmlkLW91dGJyZWFrLXZhY2NpbmF0ZWQvP3dwbWs9MSZ3cGlzcmM9YWxfbmV3c19fYWxlcnQtaHNlLS1hbGVydC1uYXRpb25hbCZ1dG1fc291cmNlPWFsZXJ0JnV0bV9tZWRpdW09ZW1haWwmdXRtX2NhbXBhaWduPXdwX25ld3NfYWxlcnRfcmV2ZXJlJmxvY2F0aW9uPWFsZXJ0In0.Ztooe8wZ-3ICMKtu1sOlayHTzLJYhe7g0Hzyot87TS4

A sobering scientific analysis published Friday of an explosive Massachusetts covid-19 outbreak fueled by the delta variant found that three-quarters of the people who became infected were fully vaccinated. The report, from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, bolstered the hypothesis that vaccinated people can spread the more transmissible variant and may be a factor in the summer surge of infections.

The data, detailed in the CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, provided key evidence that convinced agency scientists to reverse recommendations on mask-wearing and advise that vaccinated individuals wear masks in indoor public settings in some circumstances.
Critically, the study found that vaccinated individuals carried as much virus in their noses as unvaccinated individuals, and that vaccinated people could spread the virus to each other. The CDC was criticized this week for changing its mask guidance without citing unpublished data. The report released Friday contains that data.

How many of those "vaccinated people" ended up particularly sick? Answer is not very many. Again, if you are vaccinated (and have a generally normal immune system) your health, at this point, is not dependent on others' vaccination status.
Jacques Strap
D. C. Bear said:

Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I will say that again - there are people who died from the vaccine. Not many relative to the general population, but thousands of people.
Absolute bull****.
Truth. As I said, a very small number compared to COVID deaths but still a fact.

Probably not in the thousands given the VAERS numbers, but definitely a non zero number.
Probably not thousands, but there are people who died because they took the vaccine and the way it interacted with their body. EVERY shot has an interaction. Unfortunately for a very rare few, the interaction is deadly or debilitating. To deny that would be to deny the truth.
And to be fair, there are people who have died from other vaccines; there is no vaccine which is 100.00% safe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/

I think we can acknowledge the risk, if we make sure to show its relative threat. Pretending there is no risk is not going to address the concern, but a longer discussion which shows the bigger picture may well be more effective in convincing people to get the vaccine.

While many of us have had the vax and what you say is true, it is undeniable this is the deadliest vaccine man has ever created.

I have seen no data to indicate deaths from COVID vaccines occur at rates significantly higher than those of any other vaccines. Maybe you have some data on this?
This article may be of interest to you DC

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/28/fact-check-covid-19-vaers-death-reports-not-verified/7587577002/
D. C. Bear
Jacques Strap said:

D. C. Bear said:

Baylor3216 said:

Oldbear83 said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

Sam Lowry said:

Oldbear83 said:

I will say that again - there are people who died from the vaccine. Not many relative to the general population, but thousands of people.
Absolute bull****.
Truth. As I said, a very small number compared to COVID deaths but still a fact.

Probably not in the thousands given the VAERS numbers, but definitely a non zero number.
Probably not thousands, but there are people who died because they took the vaccine and the way it interacted with their body. EVERY shot has an interaction. Unfortunately for a very rare few, the interaction is deadly or debilitating. To deny that would be to deny the truth.
And to be fair, there are people who have died from other vaccines; there is no vaccine which is 100.00% safe.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/

I think we can acknowledge the risk, if we make sure to show its relative threat. Pretending there is no risk is not going to address the concern, but a longer discussion which shows the bigger picture may well be more effective in convincing people to get the vaccine.

While many of us have had the vax and what you say is true, it is undeniable this is the deadliest vaccine man has ever created.

I have seen no data to indicate deaths from COVID vaccines occur at rates significantly higher than those of any other vaccines. Maybe you have some data on this?
This article may be of interest to you DC

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2021/06/28/fact-check-covid-19-vaers-death-reports-not-verified/7587577002/

Thanks, I had seen that article. Still haven't seen evidence that this is the "deadliest vaccine man has ever created," much less than it is "undeniable."
Jacques Strap
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

How many of those "vaccinated people" ended up particularly sick? Answer is not very many. Again, if you are vaccinated (and have a generally normal immune system) your health, at this point, is not dependent on others' vaccination status.
CDC slides slides leaked to the WAPO. Scroll to read the presentation
https://www.axios.com/cdc-delta-variant-masking-b2b12c7a-d52f-4d45-84e1-02ae8a233438.html

Slide 4 "Increasing percentage of vaccinated persons among those hospitalized for COVIT_NET"

Blue Line 15.1% "% of in-hospital deaths who were fully vaccinated"
Yellow Line 9% "% of hospitalized who were fully vaccinated"

Bullet points
"Reflects increases in vaccine coverage, higher coverage in older adults"
"Higher risk among older age groups for hospitalization and death relative to younger people (regardless of vaccination status)

My takeaway If you are old enough or sick enough to have to gone to the hospital before the vaccine you may still wind up in the hospital even after the vaccine. An 85% survival rate may not be great but still 4 of 5 vaccinated will get past COVID. I would guess the 1 in 5 who do not make it are the old or the sick (or obese).

Also most people don't go to the hospital, so no reason to freak out.
Hospitalizations at the peak of COVID per the CDC
65+ 72 per 100,000
50-64 28 per
18-49 10 per
5-17 1 per
0-4 2 per

COVID-NET Laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 hospitalizations
https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#covidnet-hospitalization-network

also most people don't die
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-cases-deaths?time=2020-01-25..latest&country=~USA
Forest Bueller_bf
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

OK, but saying COVID is worse than smallpox is like saying a mild case of salmonella poisoning is worse than stage four cancer.
Dershowitz is a good guy, even though I often disagree with him, she had him on as a guest, she needed to show him common courtesy. And of course Covid is nothing like Smallpox. Smallpox had a 30% mortality rate and was more contagious than Covid.

If Smallpox was new and spreading uncontrolled, it may well have have knocked off 20 million by now.
Canon
D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

D. C. Bear said:

J.B.Katz said:

AD is a smart guy, but on this topic he's as loony tunes as you and Sam and Oso. Reality doesn't operate for terrified chicken littles.
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

nope, he doesnt.. that is a violation of my privacy and none of his business. If he is worried about it then he should choose an alternative form of transport. It is freedom of not freedom from!!

If the airline privately decided to ask for it as a policy, now it is my choice to give it or use alternative methods of transport.

Its not that hard people..
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

J.B.Katz said:

nope, he doesnt.. that is a violation of my privacy and none of his business. If he is worried about it then he should choose an alternative form of transport. It is freedom of not freedom from!!

If the airline privately decided to ask for it as a policy, now it is my choice to give it or use alternative methods of transport.

It isn't the airlines' choice, is it? I thought it was an government policy
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

J.B.Katz said:

i flew this week and didnt have to show propf of vax. Only govt policy is mask use in all airports and on planes. Masks have never been a big deal to me, want me to wear it on the plane? Sure
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

J.B.Katz said:

i flew this week and didnt have to show propf of vax. Only govt policy is mask use in all airports and on planes. Masks have never been a big deal to me, want me to wear it on the plane? Sure
Got it
BealBear
J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Then advocate for forced vaccinations and quit *****ing about it.
Are you vaccinated?

No and neither is my nurse wife and both of us have been working this whole time and neither have caught it. Maybe it's more about living healthy and not being a fat ass vs the scary virus.
Osodecentx
BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

No and neither is my nurse wife and both of us have been working this whole time and neither have caught it. Maybe it's more about living healthy and not being a fat ass vs the scary virus.
Good for you winners
Porteroso
DP
Porteroso
BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

I've read this, that a huge percentage of nurses are unvaccinated. I had a family member die after going to the hospital for something unrelated to covid, then got covid in the hospital, and died a few weeks later. I wish you people would use your brains, but it does seem everyone has dug their trenches and isn't going to peek out.

Edit: If you are healthy you likely wouldn't know if you did have it. It's not all about you though.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

I've read this, that a huge percentage of nurses are unvaccinated. I had a family member die after going to the hospital for something unrelated to covid, then got covid in the hospital, and died a few weeks later. I wish you people would use your brains, but it does seem everyone has dug their trenches and isn't going to peek out.

Edit: If you are healthy you likely wouldn't know if you did have it. It's not all about you though.
Posts like yours dig your own trench deeper.

Repeating what should be obvious, I am fully vaccinated and wear a mask when required or I believe that is the prevailing custom in that place. I also believe that the people who are not yet vaccinated will resist unless and until a persuasive case is made to change their mind.

If your goal is to get more people vaccinated, I recommend listening to the unvaccinated person's concerns and arguments, respect any valid point they make, then respond with evidence to assure them that the vaccine is safe and effective, even if not perfect.

If your goal is to prove how internet macho you are, keep attacking and insulting the doubters, driving their opinion into a hard shell which will eventually reject even the most reasonable argument for vaccination.

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Repeating what should be obvious, I am fully vaccinated and wear a mask when required or I believe that is the prevailing custom in that place. I also believe that the people who are not yet vaccinated will resist unless and until a persuasive case is made to change their mind.

If your goal is to get more people vaccinated, I recommend listening to the unvaccinated person's concerns and arguments, respect any valid point they make, then respond with evidence to assure them that the vaccine is safe and effective, even if not perfect.

If your goal is to prove how internet macho you are, keep attacking and insulting the doubters, driving their opinion into a hard shell which will eventually reject even the most reasonable argument for vaccination.

If the possibility of someone dying because you choose to be unvaccinated and around a ton of sick people isn't a valid point to an antivaxxer, there aren't going to be any valid points.
Sam Lowry
Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Amen.
Oldbear83
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

If the possibility of someone dying because you choose to be unvaccinated and around a ton of sick people isn't a valid point to an antivaxxer, there aren't going to be any valid points.
Do you seriously think you are persuading even one person among those not vaccinated?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Porteroso
Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Do you seriously think you are persuading even one person among those not vaccinated?

Probably not. They know people are dying, and don't care, because it's someone else's family. It often takes someone close suffering or dying to change people's minds. NY Times article on that recently.

But people sometimes surprise me. It's worth telling people that their choices affect others. They might actually listen, who knows.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Probably not. They know people are dying, and don't care, because it's someone else's family. It often takes someone close suffering or dying to change people's minds. NY Times article on that recently.

But people sometimes surprise me. It's worth telling people that their choices affect others. They might actually listen, who knows.
Let me guess, you believe that the gov't should require people to get a vaccination. How very pro-democracy of you.
whiterock
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Or, maybe they know that they are in a very low risk demographic for whom the vaccines have a much higher risk/reward quotient.

The people who NEED to be vaccinated are. In very high percentages. The young and healthy should be allowed to make the decision on what's best for them. Not allowing them that option by issuing onerous mandates fundamentally alters the relationship between people and government in a way that poses unnecessary risks to individual liberty.

D. C. Bear
whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Or, maybe they know that they are in a very low risk demographic for whom the vaccines have a much higher risk/reward quotient.

The people who NEED to be vaccinated are. In very high percentages. The young and healthy should be allowed to make the decision on what's best for them. Not allowing them that option by issuing onerous mandates fundamentally alters the relationship between people and government in a way that poses unnecessary risks to individual liberty.

I don't agree with vaccine mandates for COVD, but we already have vaccine mandates and have had them for decades so I don't see how that would fundamentally alter the relationship between people and government.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
D. C. Bear said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

I don't agree with vaccine mandates for COVD, but we already have vaccine mandates and have had them for decades so I don't see how that would fundamentally alter the relationship between people and government.
The truth is slowly but surely coming out. The vaccine(s) are not near as effective as promised and to some, even dangerous. When the sheep finally figure this out, it will not be good. The politicians in Washington D.C. will have to put that fence back up. Tumultuous times coming.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
D. C. Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

D. C. Bear said:

whiterock said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

The truth is slowly but surely coming out. The vaccine(s) are not near as effective as promised and to some, even dangerous. When the sheep finally figure this out, it will not be good. The politicians in Washington D.C. will have to put that fence back up. Tumultuous times coming.

The ICUs that are full of COVID patients are full of patients who at high 90s percentages either declined to be vaccinated or have immune systems such that vaccines are not as effective for them. The vaccines are extremely effective, and the more people we have vaccinated, the lower the toll of the pandemic will be.
Forest Bueller_bf
Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Of course vaccinated people spread the Delta variety very well too, they won't get very sick, but they will spread it very easily and could easily kill an unvaccinated person who is more susceptible to the virus. The vaccinated may even spread it more easily since they won't even know they have it a lot of the time.
D. C. Bear
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

Of course vaccinated people spread the Delta variety very well too, they won't get very sick, but they will spread it very easily and could easily kill an unvaccinated person who is more susceptible to the virus. The vaccinated may even spread it more easily since they won't even know they have it a lot of the time.

Vaccinated people still get Delta at significantly lower rates than unvaccinated people and unvaccinated people also commonly have asymptomatic infections.
Porteroso
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Porteroso said:

Oldbear83 said:

Porteroso said:

BealBear said:

J.B.Katz said:

Doc Holliday said:

Are you vaccinated?

A nurse is probably getting covid at some point, probably multiple times. Someone who is vaccinated will infect fewer of the sick/ill patients at the hospital. Of all places, places where the immunocompromised are pretty essential areas for people to be following science and reason, and not just on vaccines. I'd hope doctors/nurses aren't making it up as they go along on a treatment for cancer too.
Jacques Strap

At some California hospitals, nearly half of workers remain unvaccinated

Long article. Some cuts here.
Quote:

They work in hospitals. They have easy access to jabs. They know the risks. Yet after a frenetic rollout and urgent pleas from officials on nearly-bent knees, almost a quarter of California's hospital workers remained unvaccinated for COVID-19, according to federal data.

Vaccine hesitancy is far more pronounced at some hospitals than at others, and may reflect a community's affluence or lack thereof.

At Redlands Community Hospital, 42% of workers were not vaccinated as of July 16, according to federal data. At Kaiser Foundation Hospital West L.A., 33% were unvaccinated. At Kaiser Foundation Hospital Riverside, 29%. Officials said about 30% of employees at Los Angeles County hospitals including "safety net" facilities that care for uninsured and underinsured patients were still unvaccinated, though federal figures put the unvaccinated rate far closer to 50% at County USC Medical Center in Los Angeles and County Olive View-UCLA Medical Center in Sylmar, and at 38% at County Harbor-UCLA Medical Center near Torrance.

The scenario is strikingly different elsewhere.

Just 5% of workers remained unvaccinated at MemorialCare Miller Children's & Women's Hospital in Long Beach, and only 4.7% were un-jabbed at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, according to the data.

Fewer than 2% or less had spurned vaccines at Orange County Global Medical Center in Santa Ana, MemorialCare Saddleback Medical Center in Laguna Hills, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital in Glendale and MemorialCare Orange Coast Medical Center in Fountain Valley, according to the federal data.

... Los Angeles County Department of Health Services said its fully vaccinated rate for employees closely mirrors the general population of the county, which is 70.9% for those ages 16 and up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.