Texas hospitals brace for another COVID-19 surge as delta variant burns through unvac

1,965 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
"On a crash course": Texas hospitals brace for another COVID-19 surge as delta variant burns through unvaccinated communities
Hospital officials worry that "staggering and frightening" hospitalization rates will push facilities to capacity at a time when staffing is short and workers are exhausted.

When Terry Scoggin left work at Titus Regional Medical Center in Mount Pleasant on Tuesday evening, there were five patients at the facility being treated for COVID.
Overnight, six more people suffering severe coronavirus infections were admitted to the rural Northeast Texas hospital pushing the facility to its capacity limit and putting Scoggin, the hospital's chief executive, on high alert for what he's calling "a fourth surge."
"We're at it again," Scoggin said.
That same night, hospitalizations in Bexar County rose by nearly 8%. Almost 100 people were admitted with severe COVID to local facilities on Tuesday alone, Bexar County officials said on Wednesday.
"These numbers are staggering and frightening," said Eric Epley, CEO of the Southwest Texas Regional Advisory Council for Trauma in San Antonio.
Hospital and health officials across Texas are seeing similar dramatic jumps, straining an already decimated health care system that is starving for workers in the aftermath of previous coronavirus surges.
In Travis and surrounding counties on Thursday, 314 patients were reported in area hospitals with COVID-19, a number not seen since late February.

In Dallas County, COVID hospitalizations have increased by 99% over the past two weeks, reaching 376 earlier this week. The local numbers are expected to hit between 800 and 1,000 by mid-August, according to forecasters at UT-Southwestern Medical Center.
Overall on Wednesday, Texas hospitals reported 5,292 patients hospitalized with COVID. A week earlier, COVID hospitalizations were 3,566. On July 1, it was 1,591.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/29/texas-covid-19-hospitals/?utm_source=Texas+Tribune+Newsletters&utm_campaign=2e5599b9bf-trib-newsletters-breaking-alert&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_d9a68d8efc-2e5599b9bf-101362457&mc_cid=2e5599b9bf&mc_eid=4244223eea
Canon
Meanwhile mortuaries take a smoke break, because deaths are not an issue.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar!!!! Everyone that worships Covid, stand up and holler!!!!

YAY!!!! Clap.....clap....clap!!!!

Just stop. Please.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
Another fear thread from, Oso the coward

Gets so old
Florda_mike
Hospitals, doctors and Big Pharma will never stop pumping this sugar daddy COVID and the vax

Why would they with all the bonus free money per case
Osodecentx
Canon said:

Not for the vaxxed
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Two bits, four bits, six bits, a dollar!!!! Everyone that worships Covid, stand up and holler!!!!

Just stop. Please.
Hey, you win. I won't wear a mask to protect the unvaxxed (unless the business asks)
Osodecentx
Why the panic (if you're vaxxed

https://nypost.com/cover/july-30-2021/

Canon
Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Not for the vaxxed

Or 99.5% of the population no matter what. Or for 499,000 kids out of every 500,000. Or for anyone who has better antibodies due to already beating it.

Yeah, statistically, pretty much everyone.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.
Hey, you win. I won't wear a mask to protect the unvaxxed (unless the business asks)
This week, the vaccinated are supposedly the evil superspreaders. We will see what next week brings. Not sure why you people are willing to tolerate this crap. I am done.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Jacques Strap
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-cases-deaths?time=2020-01-25..latest&country=~USA
D. C. Bear
Canon said:

Osodecentx said:

Canon said:

Not for the vaxxed

Or 99.5% of the population no matter what. Or for 499,000 kids out of every 500,000. Or for anyone who has better antibodies due to already beating it.

Yeah, statistically, pretty much everyone.

So we'd only be looking at 1.65 million dead Americans. (Yeah, I know that's not a realistic figure, but two can play "let's make statistics say things they really don't!")
Osodecentx
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.
This week, the vaccinated are supposedly the evil superspreaders. We will see what next week brings. Not sure why you people are willing to tolerate this crap. I am done.
The vaccinated do appear to contract Covid and a very small number are hospitalized because the disease of the vaxxed is mild. The unvaxxed are the ones with serious disease and death.

Like I said early, I won't wear a mask to protect people from themselves. The time for personal responsibility has arrived.
Florda_mike
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.
The vaccinated do appear to contract Covid and a very small number are hospitalized because the disease of the vaxxed is mild. The unvaxxed are the ones with serious disease and death.

Like I said early, I won't wear a mask to protect people from themselves. The time for personal responsibility has arrived.

Has it ever crossed your mind the vaxxed could be getting hospitalized and dying at much higher rates than what your being told?

Could that even be possible do you think?
Osodecentx
Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

Has it ever crossed your mind the vaxxed could be getting hospitalized and dying at much higher rates than what your being told?

No
Florda_mike
Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

Try this on for size then

Florda_mike
I told you so, or already I tried to but it's fallen on many deaf ears here
Osodecentx
Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

I published the entire article here:
https://sicem365.com/forums/7/topics/90327

The data conclude that a state in which 70% of the population has been vaccinated have a higher incidence of the vaxxed contracting the Delta variant. Those who are vaccinated have mild to subclinical cases. Most of those in the hospital and dying are unvaxxed.
Jacques Strap
Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

The data conclude that a state in which 70% of the population has been vaccinated have a higher incidence of the vaxxed contracting the Delta variant. Those who are vaccinated have mild to subclinical cases. Most of those in the hospital and dying are unvaxxed.

I wonder for those of us who are vaxed. if you get COVD after being vaxed are your antibodies stronger post-COVID than pre-Covid.

You have any idea or seen articles?
D. C. Bear
Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

When the hospital says that six out of their 500plus deaths were vaccinated individuals, they have no reason to lie to me about it. If they were getting much higher rates of vaccinated individuals in their hospitals and dying, they would be screaming for more masking and shutdowns at the top of their lungs and pointing to those higher numbers as justification.

You have a tendency to take data from the same source and trumpet it if you think it supports your asinine positions and claim they are making up data when, as is nearly always the case, it does not.
Malbec
Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

That's not what the very article you posted says at all.
Quote:

The scientists, along with officials at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, reported that 79 percent of vaccinated breakthrough infections were symptomatic. Four of five people who were hospitalized were fully vaccinated.
These constant touts of 99% of those who are hospitalized are unvaccinated are patently false. Breakthrough infections among those who have been vaccinated are primarily symptomatic, and routinely are resulting in hospitalization. The vaccines are likely providing some level of protection against symptom severity, but they are not nearly providing the levels of protection that they were originally proclaimed to afford. Of course, the fact that they are not as effective as the public was led to believe is not a reason to ignore the benefits that they do provide.
Jacques Strap
Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

Quote:

The scientists, along with officials at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, reported that 79 percent of vaccinated breakthrough infections were symptomatic. Four of five people who were hospitalized were fully vaccinated.
These constant touts of 99% of those who are hospitalized are unvaccinated are patently false. Breakthrough infections among those who have been vaccinated are primarily symptomatic, and routinely are resulting in hospitalization. The vaccines are likely providing some level of protection against symptom severity, but they are not nearly providing the levels of protection that they were originally proclaimed to afford. Of course, the fact that they are not as effective as the public was led to believe is not a reason to ignore the benefits that they do provide.

I've said it before but will say it again. I wish they would release information about both the unvaccinated as well as the "Four of five people who were hospitalized were fully vaccinated" (if that is the case).

Are they 80 years old? Do they weigh 350 pounds and have type 2 diabetes? I'm guess they are not healthy people and not skinny young people but would like to know.
Osodecentx
Jacques Strap said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

I wonder for those of us who are vaxed. if you get COVD after being vaxed are your antibodies stronger post-COVID than pre-Covid.

You have any idea or seen articles?
Good question. I think yes.
I think a unvaxxed person who contracts Covid will have more durable antibodies than someone who has been fully vaxxed.
A doc on CNBC, Scott Gottlieb, has said the above.

I haven't seen anything on fully vaxxed persons who contract Covid. It makes sense to me that their antibodies would be more durable.
I'd like to see something authoritative on the antibodies in following permutations:
1. Fully vaxxed
2. Fully vaxxed contracts Covid
3. Unvaxxed post Covid
4. Unvaxxed (just to track the disease)
Osodecentx
Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

Quote:

You are correct and that quote is directly from the article. My earlier post was misleading.

I meant most of those who are dying are unvaxxed. The last information I saw still says that. I still think that the vaxxed who contract Covid have a better chance of having a milder case, getting out of the hospital, and living than the unvaxxed.

If you have better information please post.
Bauctalk
Jacques Strap said:

Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

Quote:

I've said it before but will say it again. I wish they would release information about both the unvaccinated as well as the "Four of five people who were hospitalized were fully vaccinated" (if that is the case).

Are they 80 years old? Do they weigh 350 pounds and have type 2 diabetes? I'm guess they are not healthy people and not skinny young people but would like to know.

Saw an article yesterday that talked about the vaccinated that were hospitalized. They made sure to point out they had co morbidities. Not a word about the unvaccinated and if they had under lying issues.
Jb
D. C. Bear
Bauctalk said:

Jacques Strap said:

Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

Florda_mike said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

No

Quote:

Saw an article yesterday that talked about the vaccinated that were hospitalized. They made sure to point out they had co morbidities. Not a word about the unvaccinated and if they had under lying issues.

i am sure most have "underlying issues," but with being fat counting as an "underlying issue," that is already 42 percent of the population in the United States.
Malbec
Osodecentx said:

Quote:

Quote:

You are correct and that quote is directly from the article. My earlier post was misleading.

I meant most of those who are dying are unvaxxed. The last information I saw still says that. I still think that the vaxxed who contract Covid have a better chance of having a milder case, getting out of the hospital, and living than the unvaxxed.

No, I believe that you are right when you say, 'the vaxxed who contract Covid have a better chance of having a milder case, getting out of the hospital, and living than the unvaxxed,' as long as you add the qualifier that you are talking about unvaccinated people who have also not previously contracted COVID.

I think we are now discovering that the initial statements that the vaccines were +-94ish% effective at preventing people from contracting the virus were wildly false and the guidance needs to be clear as to the expectation of infection vs. severity of symptoms and outcomes.
Osodecentx
Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Quote:

Quote:

No, I believe that you are right when you say, 'the vaxxed who contract Covid have a better chance of having a milder case, getting out of the hospital, and living than the unvaxxed,' as long as you add the qualifier that you are talking about unvaccinated people who have also not previously contracted COVID.

I think we are now discovering that the initial statements that the vaccines were +-94ish% effective at preventing people from contracting the virus were wildly false and the guidance needs to be clear as to the expectation of infection vs. severity of symptoms and outcomes.

You may be right
4th and Inches
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.
next week, mail in voting will prevent Covid surge!! Watch the full expose on CNN!
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Quote:

Quote:

You may be right
Nah.
Osodecentx
Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Quote:

Quote:

CDC Still Baffled People Are Paying Attention To Them

ATLANTA, GAThe CDC has once again changed course, recommending that people wear masks indoors, even those who have received the COVID-19 vaccination. Many people have reacted angrily to this decisiongreatly confusing the CDC, which is used to being completely ignored.
"This whole pandemic has been bizarre for us," said CDC spokesman Dexter Park. "Normally, we put out recommendations like only cook a steak well-done and only fry eggs over-hard, and people don't even pay enough attention to make fun of us, so people acting like what we say during the pandemic matters is really confusing."
The CDC is a group of bureaucrats used to working a 9-to-5 job of complete pointlessness, making lists of recommendations that are fated to be crumpled up and thrown in a wastepaper basket. Thus, the pandemic turning them into experts whose opinions matter has caught them completely by surprise.
"People keep saying our suggestions on masking are dumb and make no sense," said CDC regulator Lyle Howell. "But that's all of our suggestions on everything. We have to keep making recommendations, though, to justify our existence and get a budget. But no one listens to themnot even us. So can't you all just go back to ignoring us and stop yelling at us? I'm just here until I get my pension."
https://babylonbee.com/news/cdc-still-baffled-people-are-paying-attention-to-them
D. C. Bear
Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Quote:

Quote:

Those figures are what the stage three vaccine trials found for the mRNA vaccines. If you are saying they were "wildly false," you need to have a conspiracy of massive proportions in generating those data.
Osodecentx
Sam Lowry said:

Osodecentx said:

Malbec said:

Osodecentx said:

Quote:

Quote:

You may be right
Nah.
Those who are vaccinated improve their chances of not being hospitalized by 20 fold.
Those who are vaccinated improve their chances of no dying by at least 20 fold.
Being vaccinated improves your odds on every metric important to me.

However, initial statements about vaccine efficacy may have been incorrect. The vaccinated are contracting the virus, but milder cases.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

Adults who choose not to get vaccinated ........fine.

Life is all about choices.

Far more concerned about my asthma prone 5 year old grandson.

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Osodecentx said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Just stop. Please.

Adults who choose not to get vaccinated ........fine.

Life is all about choices.

Far more concerned about my asthma prone 5 year old grandson.
This is part of a tougher conversation. On the way out the door to church.
I have a grandson who is older (IOW, vaccinated), but I do have grandchildren too young to vaccinate.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.