Does this matter to environmentalists? Dilemma for them?

980 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by contrario
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/environment/estimated-16-billion-disposable-masks-polluted-oceans-2020-will-take
jupiter
a huge part of that medical waste is coming from hospitals having to treat un-masked, un-vaccinated people
geewago
jupiter said:

a huge part of that medical waste is coming from hospitals having to treat un-masked, un-vaccinated people
REALLY??? Hospitals have dumped over 16,000,000 masks into the ocean because of people who don't wear masks?????????
Florda_mike
geewago said:

jupiter said:

REALLY??? Hospitals have dumped over 16,000,000 masks into the ocean because of people who don't wear masks?????????

^^^ I certainly LOL at your post

Jupiter is a liberal. Liberalism is a mental illness and we just saw proof of his mental illness in his post
Forest Bueller
Dang, the mental gymnastics used to blame non mask wearers here is beyond being sane.

jupiter
Quote:

As lockdowns took effect to slow the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), the global demand for petroleum collapsed. As a result, oil prices plummeted, making the manufacture of virgin plastics from fossil fuels less expensive than recycling (1). This cost incentive, along with lifestyle changes that increase plastic use, has complicated the challenge of overcoming plastic pollution.

During the pandemic, personal protective equipment (PPE) has driven increased plastic pollution. In response to high PPE demand among the general public, health care workers, and service workers, single-use face mask production in China soared to 116 million per day in February, about 12 times the usual quantity (2). The World Health Organization has requested a 40% escalation of disposable PPE production (3). If the global population adheres to a standard of one disposable face mask per day after lockdowns end, the pandemic could result in a monthly global consumption and waste of 129 billion face masks and 65 billion gloves (4). Hospitals in Wuhan, the center of the COVID-19 outbreak, produced more than 240 tons of single-use plastic-based medical waste (such as disposable face masks, gloves, and gowns) per day at the peak of the pandemic, 6 times more than the daily average before the pandemic occurred (5). If the increases observed in Wuhan hold true elsewhere, the United States could generate an entire year's worth of medical waste in 2 months (6).

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/369/6509/1314

hmm, well maybe not as much as I expected it would be compared to "self isolation waste", but that is probably not specifically just medical waste.

Environmental effects of COVID-19 pandemic and potential strategies

of sustainability

https://www.cell.com/heliyon/pdf/S2405-8440(20)31808-9.pdf

jupiter

https://www.biomedicalwastesolutions.com/medical-waste-disposal/

4th and Inches
jupiter said:

lol, that is a totally dishonest response. Its like blaming a few city buses for all the pollution while ignoring all the cars polluting in the same city.
VaeBear
I walked out of the grocery store last week and saw about 10 masks on the ground in the parking lot.
geewago
VaeBear said:

I walked out of the grocery store last week and saw about 10 masks on the ground in the parking lot.
Yeah the maskers are getting so disgusted with all the non maskers they see in the stores so in protest they yank theirs off when they get on the parking lot just to spite the non maskers.
Florda_mike
VaeBear said:

I've been thinking same thing

Often see mask(s) as I walk out grocery stores
Whiskey Pete
jupiter said:

Yeah, you're probably right, that's what the idiot leftard radicals will probably say
Florda_mike
jupiter said:

As originator of this thread .....

I feel the above post has overtaken the OP in popularity?

What do you guys think?

Hilarious

Malbec
Florda_mike said:

jupiter said:

As originator of this thread .....

I feel the above post has overtaken the OP in popularity?

What do you guys think?

Hilarious

Walk out your front door at midnight. Now, look as far to the left in the night sky as you can. See that twinkling light farthest to the left? That's Jupiter.
Florda_mike
Hahaha
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
jupiter said:

So it is the unvaccinated that don't get the shot that are producing all the used syringes? Hmmmm. Okay.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
D. C. Bear
jupiter said:

I award you no points
and may God have mercy on your soul.
Florda_mike
Jupiter earned an award

Idk what but his is a Hall of Fame post
contrario
jupiter said:

You are an idiot
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.