GOP is concealing deaths from COVID

3,419 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Sam Lowry
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
4yrletterbear said:

50 % of the recent cases of Covid in our county are vaccinated individuals.
Link?
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Guy was morbidly obese unfortunately. Dangerous combination with COVID. May he Rest In Peace.
You know what? If he had taken the vaccine, he would be morbidly obese-and alive.

And his wife would still have a living husband and his son would still have a living father.
But he made his own personal choice and suffered the consequences...being a Republican has nothing to do with it. Using someone's death as political theater is sick...
How can you say that? He used his anti-vax beliefs to advance in the Republican party. A significant percentage of the GOP has staked out a position that the correct response to the pandemic is to oppose social distancing, mask wearing and vaccination. This guy was trying to make political capital out of that position; a position that is literally killing people. It is newsworthy and relevant when it kills one of their own.

Just sort of thinking out loud here and willing to accept being wrong, but it seems to me that the GOP position is more along the lines of advocating for people to make their own decisions than it is opposed to social distancing, mask wearing, and vaccination. Not sure how one would quantify all of that, though.
Wait, you mean dem party loyalists are going out of their way to construe vaccine choice as murder?
More along the line of negligent homicide
BearTruth13
Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Guy was morbidly obese unfortunately. Dangerous combination with COVID. May he Rest In Peace.
You know what? If he had taken the vaccine, he would be morbidly obese-and alive.

And his wife would still have a living husband and his son would still have a living father.

Last time I checked he was an adult and knew the risks. His body his choice.

I know that his having the freedom to make that decision pisses you off.

Issue is there are a lot of ignorant people throughout the country on both sides. The last 18 months have shown that. I think political parties and leadership bear some responsibility for intentionally radicalizing these sections of voters to the point of conspiracy.

The leftists that engineering racial tensions and riots and the alt-righters that fill their voters heads with tales of government microchips and the mark of the beast.

Of my friend group, the only unvaxed people are a few fellow conservatives. And when I discuss it with them, their reasoning is one of irrational fear. Truly bizarre and kind of cowardly.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Buddha Bear said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

HuMcK said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Amazing how a certain group of our "society" celebrates the death of anyone whose political beliefs are not in line with theirs. Pathetic.

That was you calling protestors rat people who needed to be put down all last summer and fall, yes? I believe Canada even extended that description to anyone on welfare, so it's extra ironic that both of you decided to speak up on this thread and really highlight your hypocrisy.
Looters should be shot on site. Had we put just a few of them in the ground last summer, crime would not be the epidemic it is today. I much prefer the terms thugs and animals over rat people.

If crime is an epidemic today, how would crime in the 70s and 80s be described?
No crime in 2021. Pardon me. Just sunshine, rainbows, and unicorns. Now let's alll join hands and sing Kumbaya.

You people never cease to amaze me. LOL!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
4th and Inches
J.B.Katz said:

My father was a really traditional guy. Mother stayed home with us 3 kids.

He would have been disgusted with Scott Apley. He told me before I got married that men who didn't take care of their health weren't taking their responsibilities as a provider, husband and father seriously.

When I was a kid lots of men didn't go to the doc because they thought it wasn't manly. My father didn't buy that. He said he knew too many widows who had to scramble to support themselves and their kids when their husbands died from untreated health conditions and that those men were selfish for not doing what they needed to do to make sure they'd be around as long as possible to provide for their families.
sounds like a good man
Mothra
C. Jordan said:

Mothra said:

Still, you don't find it ironic and stupid that he mocks COVID, dies of it, and then people like you downplay it?

He died for Trump, I guess.

Hope others don't die from the misinformation he spread!

So how did I downplay it? Look I know you have Trump derangement syndrome, but I said nothing about Trump nor did I downplay his death. I simply stated a fact.

Fight the TDS bro.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Issue is there are a lot of ignorant people throughout the country on both sides. The last 18 months have shown that. I think political parties and leadership bear some responsibility for intentionally radicalizing these sections of voters to the point of conspiracy.

The leftists that engineering racial tensions and riots and the alt-righters that fill their voters heads with tales of government microchips and the mark of the beast.

Of my friend group, the only unvaxed people are a few fellow conservatives. And when I discuss it with them, their reasoning is one of irrational fear. Truly bizarre and kind of cowardly.

I have no idea what your friends reasoning is, but there are good reasons for avoiding the vaccine that are rational.
BearTruth13
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

I have no idea what your friends reasoning is, but there are good reasons for avoiding the vaccine that are rational.

Really think a lot of the "reasons" are overblown. Any risk is pretty tiny comparatively. Went to Africa on a mission trip and was pumped full of shots. Didn't bat an eye. Sometimes the whole world isn't out to get you. This isn't a movie.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Really think a lot of the "reasons" are overblown. Any risk is pretty tiny comparatively. Went to Africa on a mission trip and was pumped full of shots. Didn't bat an eye. Sometimes the whole world isn't out to get you. This isn't a movie.
I am glad your body reacted well after being pumped full of shots. Mine did as well, at least in the short term. But sometimes people have different experiences than you. Sometimes you have a child whose body cannot take certain vaccines. Sometimes you have a child at the age of 2 who has his MMR shot, and within 3 hours is at the ER screaming and crying uncontrollably. He spends the next 4 days at the hospital with encephalitis and then loses his ability to speak. Over the course of the next couple of months he regains most of his words, but has permanent brain damage as a result.

I am glad you didn't have that experience as a father, as I did. But I wouldn't discount other peoples' perspectives merely because yours has been different.

As I said, some people have good reasons for avoiding vaccines. Not all of them are overblown.
BearTruth13
Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

I am glad your body reacted well after being pumped full of shots. Mine did as well, at least in the short term. But sometimes people have different experiences than you. Sometimes you have a child whose body cannot take certain vaccines. Sometimes you have a child at the age of 2 who has his MMR shot, and within 3 hours is at the ER screaming and crying uncontrollably. He spends the next 4 days at the hospital with encephalitis and then loses his ability to speak. Over the course of the next couple of months he regains most of his words, but has permanent brain damage as a result.

I am glad you didn't have that experience as a father, as I did. But I wouldn't discount other peoples' perspectives merely because yours has been different.

As I said, some people have good reasons for avoiding vaccines. Not all of them are overblown.

Sorry about your kid. That's why I am not advocating COVID shots for toddlers.

Still doesn't mean adults will suddenly suffer brain damage.
Mothra
BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

BearTruth13 said:

Mothra said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Sorry about your kid. That's why I am not advocating COVID shots for toddlers.

Still doesn't mean adults will suddenly suffer brain damage.

Never suggested it would (though in the circles I run, I know some).

Point is a one size fits all approach isn't something we should employ - tho with the mandates that's the way we are heading.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

But he made his own personal choice and suffered the consequences...being a Republican has nothing to do with it. Using someone's death as political theater is sick...
How can you say that? He used his anti-vax beliefs to advance in the Republican party. A significant percentage of the GOP has staked out a position that the correct response to the pandemic is to oppose social distancing, mask wearing and vaccination. This guy was trying to make political capital out of that position; a position that is literally killing people. It is newsworthy and relevant when it kills one of their own.

Just sort of thinking out loud here and willing to accept being wrong, but it seems to me that the GOP position is more along the lines of advocating for people to make their own decisions than it is opposed to social distancing, mask wearing, and vaccination. Not sure how one would quantify all of that, though.
Wait, you mean dem party loyalists are going out of their way to construe vaccine choice as murder?
Vaccines aren't doing much to slow the spread. We're not reaching herd immunity. Even if the US was 90% vaccinated, we have a worldwide problem that will still fuel spread and variants to the US. Or say we got to 90%, we'll likely need boosters and expecting even the pro vax community to keep up with that is a long shot.

The vaccine is mostly something you take to prevent serious illness rather than something you take to protect others.

The idea that conservatives aren't complying and that's the only reason it's not going away is bull****, it's never going away. It will likely kill tens of thousands yearly from here on out.
Forest Bueller_bf
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Vaccines aren't doing much to slow the spread. We're not reaching herd immunity. Even if the US was 90% vaccinated, we have a worldwide problem that will still fuel spread and variants to the US. Or say we got to 90%, we'll likely need boosters and expecting even the pro vax community to keep up with that is a long shot.

The vaccine is mostly something you take to prevent serious illness rather than something you take to protect others.

The idea that conservatives aren't complying and that's the only reason it's not going away is bull****, it's never going away. It will likely kill tens of thousands yearly from here on out.
As the regular flu does as well. Years have ranged up to 100,000 plus. Soon we will just have to learn to live with it.
bear2be2
Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Especially considering it's almost exclusively killing their own at this point. These deaths are largely avoidable, and everyone who refuses to take basic precautions need to be made aware of that. This is a really stupid hill to (quite literally) die on.
Booray
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Vaccines have greatly slowed the spread. Without the vaccines, the Delta variant would be catastrophic.
muddybrazos
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Vaccines have greatly slowed the spread. Without the vaccines, the Delta variant would be catastrophic.
India seems to be ok and they dont have any vaccines.
Doc Holliday
Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

The whole idea behind why the CDC came back to masks was because the vaccines aren't working well to stop spread of the delta variant.

Even CNN says "data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated". https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

Vaxxed can catch delta nearly as easily as an unvaccinated individual.

We can vax up to end deaths from COVID, but to expect full compliance to HALT covid is unfounded, none of the data supports that conclusion.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

The whole idea behind why the CDC came back to masks was because the vaccines aren't working well to stop spread of the delta variant.

Even CNN says "data that suggests vaccinated people who get a breakthrough infection could have a similar tendency to spread the virus as the unvaccinated". https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/health/us-coronavirus-thursday/index.html

That is not what that CNN quote means.
Doc Holliday
Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Didn't imply that the vaccinated can still catch delta nearly as easily to that quote.

What I'm getting at is that we need to vax to protect ourselves from a serious case and not be deluded into believing herd immunity is possible. This idea that we can diminish covid quickly is full on bs. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html

This is the perfect virus for requiring continuous vaccinations for the foreseeable future.
Baylor3216
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

C. Jordan said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Amazing how a certain group of our "society" celebrates the death of anyone whose political beliefs are not in line with theirs. Pathetic.
Who is celebrating his death?

I think it's tragic. He died for nothing except for pride and/or stupidity.

Had he not been a leader of the Texas Republican Party, this would have been a non-story. His death would have been treated like just another daily shooting victim in Chicago. Silence.

Interesting the same could be said of Hank Aaron and the boxer. I'm sure they'd have died a week or so later anyway had they not gotten the vaccine.

And one wonders why one group so overwhelmingly impacted by the virus is hesitant to take the vaccine.
Sam Lowry
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

Booray said:

Doc Holliday said:

curtpenn said:

Booray said:

fadskier said:

J.B.Katz said:

Mothra said:

Didn't imply that the vaccinated can still catch delta nearly as easily to that quote.

What I'm getting at is that we need to vax to protect ourselves from a serious case and not be deluded into believing herd immunity is possible. This idea that we can diminish covid quickly is full on bs. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html

This is the perfect virus for requiring continuous vaccinations for the foreseeable future.
Okay. I'd still have to disagree with your conclusion that the vaccinated catch Delta almost as easily as the unvaccinated. There seems to be some reduced effectiveness, but the vaccine is still highly effective even against the variant.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.