Mark Milley - Chairman of the Joint Chiefs

18,567 Views | 326 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

The question is simple squish. If, note I said IF Milley (or any soldier, general, etc...) called China unbeknownt to Trump (or any president) to tell that foreign country "Don't worry, if the president takes military action against you, I'll give you a heads up first". Does that person who made the call to China:

1) Belong in jail

or

2) Be celebrated for saving the world

It's not that hard

Your are absolutely right, it is not hard: people go to jail for breaking laws. What law was broken?

Still not answering my question, I see. But hey, nice attempt at trying to circle around avoiding the question.

Like I said, you absolutely can't stand being cornered with your back up against the wall.

Once again, I'm asking what YOU think. So tell me, 1) Should be celebrated or 2) Should be jailed?

Jailed for what? Quit dodging.

You're the one dodging the question jackass.

If you're not going to answer my question, then I'm done here.

Well, if you can't find a criminal violation then my answer is, no, he sure doesn't belong in jail.

If Milley did in fact have a meeting in his office with members of the National Military Command Center and had them take an "oath" not to proceed with any nuclear strike orders from Trump without consulting him first, then I say, at the very least, Milley should be charged with insubordination and jailed.

A professor of political science at MIT and an expert on nuclear proliferation issues, said that there was no way for Milley or anyone else to prevent the president from launching nuclear weapons.

"The president, and the president alone, possesses the sole authority to order a nuclear launch, and no one can legally stop him or her. Nuclear procedures do not require the agreement or approval of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, any action Milley may have had in mind to interfere with such an order, would almost certainly have been illegal."

I bet you actually think Trump was going to launch a nuke at China, didn't ya'?

So, no criminal statutory violation?

So, do you think Trump would actually launch a nuke at China because he lost an election?
Probably not, but I didn't think he would launch rioters at the Capitol to disrupt a Constitutionally mandated function of the legislative branch either.
Trump disrupted the chain of command
No fan of January 6th's stupidity or Trump's ridiculous behavior in general post Election Day..... ......however claiming Trump 'launched' the attack at the Capital is a massive reach .

If ANY general pulled this exact same stunt during Barrack Hussein Obama's administration.......really think the individual involved would still be at the pentagon, or forcibly retired....or occupying a cell in Leavenworth ?
The "stunt" was accomplished in the presence of civilians, with the knowledge of the Trump DoD, and with a summary of the call forwarded to Trump's Sec Def.
So no, I don't think one of Obama's generals who did this (as I understand it, these calls are standard operating procedure) would be in Leavenworth.
SOP, really? Wow. If Milley called a foreign power and said, "Hey, I've got your back. If POTUS decides to launch military action against you, don't worry, I'll give you heads up" - that is not in anyway, standard operation procedure.
<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-familyengXian; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:#0563C1; mso-themecolor:hyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; color:#954F72; mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink; text-decoration:underline; text-underline:single;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-familyengXian; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:161747044; mso-list-template-ids:-381233620;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level2 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:1.0in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level3 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:1.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level4 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:2.0in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level5 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:2.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level6 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:3.0in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level7 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:3.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level8 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:4.0in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} @list l0:level9 {mso-level-number-format:bullet; mso-level-text:; mso-level-tab-stop:4.5in; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-.25in; mso-ansi-font-size:10.0pt; font-family:Symbol;} -->
Definition of standard operating procedure
: established or prescribed methods to be followed routinely for the performance of designated operations or in designated situations
called also standing operating procedure

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Gen. Mark A. Milley thanked by phone the following chiefs of defense for support during the Afghanistan noncombatant evacuation operation:
  • NATO
  • Qatar
  • Germany
  • Kuwait
  • Norway
  • Bahrain
  • United Kingdom
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Turkey
https://bh.usembassy.gov/readout-of-chairman-of-the-joint-chiefs-of-staff-gen-milleys-phone-calls-thanking-allies-for-their-support/

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley met with Chief of Russian General Staff Gen. Valery Gerasimov on September 22 in Helsinki.

The meeting was a continuation of talks aimed at improving military leadership communication between the two nations for the purposes of risk reduction and operational de-confliction.

In accordance with past practice, both have agreed to keep the specific details of their conversation private.

During the Conference of the NATO Military Committee, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley met with Chief of the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces Gen. Yaar Gler.
The two leaders discussed multiple items of mutual security interest. They discussed the Afghanistan withdrawal, regional security, and counter terrorism operations. The two leaders also discussed refugees and avoiding a humanitarian crisis.
https://www.jcs.mil/Media/News/News-Display/Article/2780922/readout-of-chairman-of-the-joint-chiefs-of-staff-gen-mark-a-milleys-meeting-wit/

Yes, it's standard operating procedure to make phone calls. No, it's not SOP to say, "Hey, if Trump launches a military action against you, I'll call you to let you know what's coming" - unless the president authorizes that communication.

Apparently, you're too dense to understand the point.

Geesh old man, wise up.
Florda_mike
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

The question is simple squish. If, note I said IF Milley (or any soldier, general, etc...) called China unbeknownt to Trump (or any president) to tell that foreign country "Don't worry, if the president takes military action against you, I'll give you a heads up first". Does that person who made the call to China:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

Your are absolutely right, it is not hard: people go to jail for breaking laws. What law was broken?

Still not answering my question, I see. But hey, nice attempt at trying to circle around avoiding the question.

Like I said, you absolutely can't stand being cornered with your back up against the wall.

Once again, I'm asking what YOU think. So tell me, 1) Should be celebrated or 2) Should be jailed?

Well, if you can't find a criminal violation then my answer is, no, he sure doesn't belong in jail.

If Milley did in fact have a meeting in his office with members of the National Military Command Center and had them take an "oath" not to proceed with any nuclear strike orders from Trump without consulting him first, then I say, at the very least, Milley should be charged with insubordination and jailed.

A professor of political science at MIT and an expert on nuclear proliferation issues, said that there was no way for Milley or anyone else to prevent the president from launching nuclear weapons.

"The president, and the president alone, possesses the sole authority to order a nuclear launch, and no one can legally stop him or her. Nuclear procedures do not require the agreement or approval of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, any action Milley may have had in mind to interfere with such an order, would almost certainly have been illegal."

So, do you think Trump would actually launch a nuke at China because he lost an election?
Probably not, but I didn't think he would launch rioters at the Capitol to disrupt a Constitutionally mandated function of the legislative branch either.
No fan of January 6th's stupidity or Trump's ridiculous behavior in general post Election Day..... ......however claiming Trump 'launched' the attack at the Capital is a massive reach .

If ANY general pulled this exact same stunt during Barrack Hussein Obama's administration.......really think the individual involved would still be at the pentagon, or forcibly retired....or occupying a cell in Leavenworth ?
The "stunt" was accomplished in the presence of civilians, with the knowledge of the Trump DoD, and with a summary of the call forwarded to Trump's Sec Def.
So no, I don't think one of Obama's generals who did this (as I understand it, these calls are standard operating procedure) would be in Leavenworth.
SOP, really? Wow. If Milley called a foreign power and said, "Hey, I've got your back. If POTUS decides to launch military action against you, don't worry, I'll give you heads up" - that is not in anyway, standard operation procedure.

Wow, talk about a lame post.. I can't believe you're actually trying to pass that off as normal. Just when you think people can't possibly be so stupid, here you are.

Oso consistently brings stupid here
Osodecentx
Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

Definition of standard operating procedure
: established or prescribed methods to be followed routinely for the performance of designated operations or in designated situations
called also standing operating procedure

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Gen. Mark A. Milley thanked by phone the following chiefs of defense for support during the Afghanistan noncombatant evacuation operation:
  • NATO
  • Qatar
  • Germany
  • Kuwait
  • Norway
  • Bahrain
  • United Kingdom
  • Spain
  • Italy
  • Turkey
https://bh.usembassy.gov/readout-of-chairman-of-the-joint-chiefs-of-staff-gen-milleys-phone-calls-thanking-allies-for-their-support/

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley met with Chief of Russian General Staff Gen. Valery Gerasimov on September 22 in Helsinki.

The meeting was a continuation of talks aimed at improving military leadership communication between the two nations for the purposes of risk reduction and operational de-confliction.

In accordance with past practice, both have agreed to keep the specific details of their conversation private.

During the Conference of the NATO Military Committee, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark A. Milley met with Chief of the General Staff of the Turkish Armed Forces Gen. Yaar Gler.
The two leaders discussed multiple items of mutual security interest. They discussed the Afghanistan withdrawal, regional security, and counter terrorism operations. The two leaders also discussed refugees and avoiding a humanitarian crisis.
https://www.jcs.mil/Media/News/News-Display/Article/2780922/readout-of-chairman-of-the-joint-chiefs-of-staff-gen-mark-a-milleys-meeting-wit/

Yes, it's standard operating procedure to make phone calls. No, it's not SOP to say, "Hey, if Trump launches a military action against you, I'll call you to let you know what's coming" - unless the president authorizes that communication.
You may be right. The hearing is tomorrow.

I want to know what advice Milley gave Biden about the Afghanistan withdrawal.
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

Wow, talk about a lame post.. I can't believe you're actually trying to pass that off as normal. Just when you think people can't possibly be so stupid, here you are.

Disagree

Oso is a valuable contributor.

Just because someone has a different opinion doesn't make them stupid .
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

Disagree

Aren't you the one that used to brag on Sam?

Now Oso?

Eventually you'll brag about me? Naaaaawww ......
Canada2017
Florda_mike said:

Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

Disagree

Aren't you the one that used to brag on Sam?

Now Oso?

Eventually you'll brag about me? Naaaaawww ......
Sam is also an excellent contributor . Always consider him a good read.

Though we are certainly disagreeing a lot lately.

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Florda_mike said:

Rawhide said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

Disagree

I don't see his posts unless someone quotes him.
HuMcK
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
This is all a dog and pony show. Nobody is going to be held accountable for anything.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Doc Holliday
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

This is all a dog and pony show. Nobody is going to be held accountable for anything.
Indeed. It's theatrical. Party shills crave schadenfreude and eat it up.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

quash said:

Rawhide said:

1) Belong in jail

or

It's not that hard

(as I understand it, these calls are standard operating procedure)
Without the knowledge of the POTUS ?

Who...under which president ?
Milley emphasized that this was something that was cleared with the highest levels of the Defense Department, including Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper and later with acting defense secretary Christopher Miller. He said he also looped in Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows after the second call. In other words, the message was that it wasn't just him.
"With respect to the Chinese calls … [they] were coordinated before and after, with Secretary Esper and acting secretary Miller's staffs and the interagency."
Milley also sought to play down the idea that this was done out of fear of Trump's potential actions.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/09/28/3-big-takeaways-mark-milley-hearing/
quash
But muh jail is empty...
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
Osodecentx
quash said:

But muh jail is empty...
Maybe the sentencing of the 1/6 rioters will fill'er up

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.