Shortages are being manufactured

11,747 Views | 174 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jupiter
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10029043/Dozens-ships-coast-New-York-wait-dock-countrys-second-largest-port.html

Better stock, gonna be a loooong winter if this continues
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
The shortages are very real, and most of them manufactured by the Biden Administration. The land of plenty is quickly turning into the land of scarcity. The government vaccine mandates and their strong-arming to get the private sector to enact vaccine mandates is only going to increase this problem.

Hundreds of thousands if not millions of loyal, longtime employees are being fired or will be fired for deciding not to get the vaccine. Biden is insistent that those in the military be given dishonorable discharges. That is wrong! It is salt in the wound. This is not good.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
The shelves in our grocery are increasingly bare.

Never seen anything like it.

Wife believes it's intentional........government prepping the masses for soviet block style living standards.
Florda_mike
"Dark(COLD) Winter"

Glad I'm in Florida but don't believe we're safe from shortages here
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Canada2017 said:

Wife believes it's intentional........government prepping the masses for soviet block style living standards.
The 7 different brands of salsa for my chips really takes me back to Leningrad
Wangchung
clubhi said:

Canada2017 said:

Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
CHP Bear
Florda_mike said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10029043/Dozens-ships-coast-New-York-wait-dock-countrys-second-largest-port.html

Sure glad I kept all those Sears & Roebuck Catalogs.
GrowlTowel
clubhi said:

Canada2017 said:

Either you do not do your family's shopping or you just are not paying attention.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Sam Lowry
GrowlTowel said:

clubhi said:

Canada2017 said:

Either you do not do your family's shopping or you just are not paying attention.
I don't do my family's shopping, but I would damn sure notice if there weren't seven different brands of salsa. Just speaking for myself here.
Canada2017
clubhi said:

Canada2017 said:

Glad you have all those choices .

Hopefully our grocery store is merely inefficient.
4th and Inches
Biden's net approval among Independents in the most recent polls:

YouGov: -22
ABC/WaPo: -21
IPD/TIPP: -19
Quinnipiac: -18
Politico: -13
Fox News: -12
Monmouth: -10
CNN: -8

Biden overall approval is -5 in the RCP average

If that negativity spreads out to Dems in general, blood bath in 22 mid terms
Canada2017
4th and Inches said:

50/50 chance Biden will still be POTUS by the 2022 midterms .

ABC BEAR
Canada2017 said:

We have an administration who is waging a war on the people it governs.
4th and Inches
ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

that is a fact! It appears Manchin is the only Dem up there with any brains.
whiterock
Florda_mike said:

Ever wondered how much of the $5T stimulus is dedicated to port infrastructure?
Johnny Bear
GrowlTowel said:

clubhi said:

Canada2017 said:

Or maybe he just thinks it's all worth it to have a (so called) POTUS that doesn't issue "mean tweets".
Johnny Bear
4th and Inches said:

ABC BEAR said:

Canada2017 said:

that is a fact! It appears Manchin is the only Dem up there with any brains.

And even in his case, he often ultimately caves or agrees to some kind of so called compromise where he about 80%-90% gives in.
Thee University
Sam Lowry said:

GrowlTowel said:

clubhi said:

Canada2017 said:

I don't do my family's shopping, but I would damn sure notice if there weren't seven different brands of salsa. Just speaking for myself here.
There is only 1 good brand of salsa................Mrs. Renfro's Habanero Salsa.

Family founded it in a garage in 1940 in Ft. Worth. It is still run by the Renfo kids today.
"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." - General Robert E. Lee
muddybrazos
whiterock said:

Florda_mike said:

Ever wondered how much of the $5T stimulus is dedicated to port infrastructure?
Not enought but I can tell you that this is more about bureaucracy than being an actual port problem. Here in Charleston we are full speed ahead and they are adding crews to turn the boats around faster. Same going on in Savannah. Long beach and Newark are union states and its not just the ports but the trucking that is in short supply there. Probably something to do with mandatory vax requirements in those states. I think the USA is extremely short right now on truckers.
Porteroso
I mostly go to Aldi, there is one close by. Its shelves are normal.

Did those of you fearing the Soviet United States also fear when we had all the shortages with Trump as President? Were you wondering if Trump was preparing us for communism?

A few shortages here and there and Republicans lose their **** (if Democrats are in charge). Party of feelings indeed. Snowflakes abound!
cowboycwr
Porteroso said:

Did those of you fearing the Soviet United States also fear when we had all the shortages with Trump as President? Were you wondering if Trump was preparing us for communism?

A few shortages here and there and Republicans lose their **** (if Democrats are in charge). Party of feelings indeed. Snowflakes abound!
What shortages? The toilet paper that was a social media caused panic buy?

The shortages created by media driven panic shutdowns of everything?

Those are totally different than shortages now.

But yes your anecdotal evidence of your one store proves all the people talking about shortages, pictures of bare shelves, news stories about it, etc are all false.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Inflation. Too many dollars chasing too few goods. How long will it be before Dollar General changes their name to Two Dollar General?

-- Barack Obama
Porteroso
cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

But yes your anecdotal evidence of your one store proves all the people talking about shortages, pictures of bare shelves, news stories about it, etc are all false.

I didn't say there aren't shortages, just that they aren't that bad or I'd see evidence of them. I do live in America btw.

If you haven't heard about food shortages until now you need to open your eyes more often. Food processing capacity took a big hit during the worst of the pandemic, and still hasn't recovered.
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

4th and Inches said:

50/50 chance Biden will still be POTUS by the 2022 midterms .

Yep. I'll put his chances at .000001% he'll president at the 2024 election
Porteroso
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Inflation. Too many dollars chasing too few goods. How long will it be before Dollar General changes their name to Two Dollar General?

Almost all dollar stores have 2 dollar sections now, and have for a long time. Dollar Store is just an inaccurate name, like the Dollar Theatre.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Funny, a snowflake that can't get Trump of his brain is calling other people snowfakes. Priceless.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Almost all dollar stores have 2 dollar sections now, and have for a long time. Dollar Store is just an inaccurate name, like the Dollar Theatre.
Also, kind of like how democrats need to change their name to the marxicrats
Florda_mike
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

^^^ Truth

Inflation
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Funny, a snowflake that can't get Trump of his brain is calling other people snowfakes. Priceless.

What, me calling out racism makes me a snowflake? I don't even remember, were you the idiot who said he only thing separating Bezos from an impoverished minority living in a ghetto is motivation?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Porteroso said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

And the Motel 6.

-- Barack Obama
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

I didn't say there aren't shortages, just that they aren't that bad or I'd see evidence of them. I do live in America btw.

If you haven't heard about food shortages until now you need to open your eyes more often. Food processing capacity took a big hit during the worst of the pandemic, and still hasn't recovered.
The shortages aren't bad as of yet.

But they are noticeably getting worse.

Might be a labor problem........many businesses up here are shorthanded.

4th and Inches
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

What, me calling out racism makes me a snowflake? I don't even remember, were you the idiot who said he only thing separating Bezos from an impoverished minority living in a ghetto is motivation?
well, it isnt the color of his skin that made him different from an impoverished person of any color. Plenty of poor white kids in this country..
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

I guess all the successful black people, especially those that grew up in the ghetto, don't have any ambition?

But hey, aren't you the idiot that tries to claim racism all the time on everything?
4th and Inches
Canada2017 said:

Porteroso said:

cowboycwr said:

Porteroso said:

The shortages aren't bad as of yet.

But they are noticeably getting worse.

Might be a labor problem........many businesses up here are shorthanded.

every business i have been in during the last 2+ months has a now hiring sign up. The czech stop in west cut hours back from open 24hr a day for the first time in 40 years due to labor shortage
contrario
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

While that is a bad comment to make, many democrats will say all minorities are exactly the same and should all think and vote the exact same way. So I'm not sure if that is much better. Maybe both of you are f'ed up when it comes to minorities and we just shouldn't look at people based on their race.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.