California Has Banned Small Gas-Powered Engines!!!

2,306 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EatMoreSalmon
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://news.yahoo.com/california-law-bans-small-off-174600432.html

This includes lawnmowers, weedeaters , chainsaws, golf carts, and others. Must be zero emmissions, - electric or battery powered.

Makes me wonder how the forestry people and firefighters will deal with battling wildfires. Will they find a plug in the middle of the forest? Maybe a portable gas-powered generator? Nope. They have been banned too.

Just when I think California can't get any crazier, they continue to amaze me.

"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Whiskey Pete
California, truly the land of fruits and nuts.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
I bet they are going to miss getting woken up to their neighbor mowing at sunrise on a Saturday
Wangchung
clubhi said:

I bet they are going to miss getting woken up to their neighbor mowing at sunrise on a Saturday
Maybe they'll enjoy the silence from the resulting more frequent blackouts due to all the extra energy consumption.
Forest Bueller
clubhi said:

Na, my neighbor has a big battery powered mower and mowed at 7:30 am Saturday, it still makes plenty of noise to wake you up.
Oldbear83
So what happens if joe Six-Pack fires up his gas mower to do his front quarter-acre?

Will CHP show up in a fleet of Priuses?
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
clubhi said:

I am sure yardwork will be banned in Austin very soon. Clown World. Gonna be some serious weedeating and mowing going on between now and 1/1/2024. After that, not so much.
Canada2017
Inconvenience thousands of homeowners , close down a few hundred small businesses ……push another million people out of state .

Brilliant .
TXBEAR_bf
They are tackling all the important issues; doesn't Newsome have any real issues to tackle.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-first-state-mandate-gender-035518663.html
Don't worry. We will find you a different career.
Canon
clubhi said:

Look everybody! It's an arrogant a$s4013 making fun of people who work hard….aka a Democrat.
Porteroso
clubhi said:

I know you enjoy trolling, but this is a pure dumbass move. California of all states knows about unreliable electricity.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
clubhi said:

Actually, I kinda enjoy yard work and shredding. It is not beneath me.

-- Barack Obama
Harrison Bergeron
The anti-science authoritarian loons continue to make sub-optimal policy based on hysterics and emotions.
Mothra
Canon said:

clubhi said:

Look everybody! It's an arrogant a$s4013 making fun of people who work hard….aka a Democrat.
Stinque has always been an asshat.
Whiskey Pete
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

clubhi said:

Spent the weekend working in my yard. It's relaxing and nice to look at a job well done.

clubhi is just jealous because he doesn't have the room for a lawn at his trailer park.
Whiskey Pete
Mothra said:

Canon said:

clubhi said:

Stinque has always been an asshat.
I tend to think he's humck's sock puppet.
Malbec
Rawhide said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

clubhi said:

Spent the weekend working in my yard. It's relaxing and nice to look at a job well done.

clubhi is just jealous because he doesn't have the room for a lawn at his trailer park.
He'll make it to the trailer park someday. It's the Venezuelan Dream.
so many walmart scooter riders triggered in a single thread. lmao
Wangchung
clubhi said:

Real men ride gas powered rascals.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
clubhi said:

Battery powered. With a little MAGA flag on the back to make the Liberals pee and scatter.

Let's Go Brandon!

-- Barack Obama
Canon
clubhi said:

Look everybody! It's an arrogant a$s hat now not only making fun of people who work hard, but also the poor and disabled. Typical Democrat.
EatMoreSalmon
I keep my pulse jet powered scooter handy in case I have a Southwest flight cancelled.
cowboycwr
Do they even make battery powered riding lawnmowers?

And are lawn companies going to have to have 10 batteries so they can switch them out and charge all day long?

But let me guess... there will be some sort of exemption for large yards/areas so that the golf courses, politicians and celebs with big yards can still get them mowed by gas powered riding lawnmowers or tractors.

Maybe all the lawn guys should register their equipment as identifying as electric....
EatMoreSalmon
I'm going to buy some stock in goat farms!

and beaver ranches!

and pet diapers to lower methane output!
Harrison Bergeron
If we stopped all human-caused carbon emissions tomorrow, what would the effects be on global temperatures?
Canada2017
Harrison Bergeron said:

If we stopped all human-caused carbon emissions tomorrow, what would the effects be on global temperatures?
When I was a kid in Mesquite, Texas .....I absolutely never saw smog anywhere in the metroplex . Now its common .

When I moved to El Paso Texas in 1979 the smog was limited to downtown Juarez . Now it regularly goes out almost a hundred miles in every direction.

50 miles north of Denver had some of the clearest skies imaginable back in 1992. Now there is smog more days than not from Denver all the way to Cheyenne .

Now if I fly to San Diego during the summer months its not unusual to see a blanket of smog through the entire region......all the way from Utah to the southern Pacific coast .

The problem is we grow up with an ever changing 'normal'. Creeps up on us so slowly we get used to it .

None of us have lived long enough to see an LA skyline totally free of smog . So for us when the entire city is black with smog......that's perfectly acceptable.

Will our species get ahead of the curve and address the problem ?

Not a chance in hell.

Harrison Bergeron
Canada2017 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

When I was a kid in Mesquite, Texas .....I absolutely never saw smog anywhere in the metroplex . Now its common .

When I moved to El Paso Texas in 1979 the smog was limited to downtown Juarez . Now it regularly goes out almost a hundred miles in every direction.

50 miles north of Denver had some of the clearest skies imaginable back in 1992. Now there is smog more days than not from Denver all the way to Cheyenne .

Now if I fly to San Diego during the summer months its not unusual to see a blanket of smog through the entire region......all the way from Utah to the southern Pacific coast .

The problem is we grow up with an ever changing 'normal'. Creeps up on us so slowly we get used to it .

None of us have lived long enough to see an LA skyline totally free of smog . So for us when the entire city is black with smog......that's perfectly acceptable.

Not a chance in hell.

Canada2017
Harrison Bergeron said:

Canada2017 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Now when I fly to San Diego or Vegas during the summer months its not unusual to see a blanket of smog through the entire region......all the way from Utah to the southern Pacific coast .

Not a chance in hell.

Unknown.

But your lungs would probably recover from all the garbage you are now inhaling .
303Bear
cowboycwr said:

Do they even make battery powered riding lawnmowers?

And are lawn companies going to have to have 10 batteries so they can switch them out and charge all day long?

But let me guess... there will be some sort of exemption for large yards/areas so that the golf courses, politicians and celebs with big yards can still get them mowed by gas powered riding lawnmowers or tractors.

Maybe all the lawn guys should register their equipment as identifying as electric....
Don't think there are any electric ride on mowers, but I could be wrong. Companies will probably end up idling their trucks all day long to run the inverter to charge their battery banks (as far as I know the CA idle laws only apply to diesel trucks).

Not sure how "small" the engines impacted are. Plenty of 2-4 cylender diesel and gas powered equipment used on golf courses that would likely not be impacted (by design as you note).
J.R.
This is just the dumbest **** Have ever heard of.
cowboycwr
Harrison Bergeron said:

Didn't the world cut emissions in half or more in March 2020-Fall 2020???? And what happened to temps???
Oldbear83
Funny, my experience is the opposite. For example:

My brother was born in Pittsburgh, and when we visited in 1972 I remember the sky was full of smog and the buildings were all a dingy grey. Particulate matter could be seen on the ground like lint.

Nine years later I visited Pittsburgh on business and the city flat-out sparkled. Clean blue skies and clean buildings downtown. What made it most impressive is that this did not happen because of a government plan, but due to a regional alliance of industrial businesses, especially steel companies, to remove particulate matter and clean emissions. Water quality was also a primary goal.

We can and do solve problems all the time. But it's not fashionable to say so, much less praise the individuals and private groups who do what the EPA pretends is impossible.

BTW, I have also been to several industrial cities in China. From the filth I see in their air and rivers, I expect the cancer rate in the PRC is a nightmare, and no, I would not go by WHO numbers on that point for what should obvious reasons.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
whitetrash
Canada2017 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

There was a story circulating around those parts back during the Clinton administration that the head of the EPA came to El Paso, and the local director took him up on Rim Road at daybreak on a cold morning to show him all the smoke and smog hanging over the valley. EPA chief berated him and asked why he wasn't vigorously enforcing environmental regulations. Local director's response: "Because that would require invading a foreign country."
Canada2017
whitetrash said:

Canada2017 said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

There was a story circulating around those parts back during the Clinton administration that the head of the EPA came to El Paso, and the local director took him up on Rim Road at daybreak on a cold morning to show him all the smoke and smog hanging over the valley. EPA chief berated him and asked why he wasn't vigorously enforcing environmental regulations. Local director's response: "Because that would require invading a foreign country."
It was common knowledge in El Paso how the Mexicans did not enforce any clean air standards.

Their constant refrain was ' Let the Americans worry about it '.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.