California Has Banned Small Gas-Powered Engines!!!

2,275 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EatMoreSalmon
quash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

clubhi said:

I bet they are going to miss getting woken up to their neighbor mowing at sunrise on a Saturday

I am sure yardwork will be banned in Austin very soon. Clown World. Gonna be some serious weedeating and mowing going on between now and 1/1/2024. After that, not so much.

Where will you go that is not scarier than Austin?
“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” (The Law, p.6) Frederic Bastiat
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
quash said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

clubhi said:

I bet they are going to miss getting woken up to their neighbor mowing at sunrise on a Saturday

I am sure yardwork will be banned in Austin very soon. Clown World. Gonna be some serious weedeating and mowing going on between now and 1/1/2024. After that, not so much.

Where will you go that is not scarier than Austin?
I don't live in Austin. clubhi does.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
hodedofome
Over the past few years I've switched to all battery powered at my house and love it. No more fumes, no more gas, no more noise, more power, no more hard starts, etc etc.

Before you flame me I had an '89 Mustang GT in high school with no catalytic converters. But progress is progress. Battery powered is the better tech now.
Oldbear83
"Battery powered is the better tech now."

That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Canada2017
hodedofome said:

Over the past few years I've switched to all battery powered at my house and love it. No more fumes, no more gas, no more noise, more power, no more hard starts, etc etc.

Before you flame me I had an '89 Mustang GT in high school with no catalytic converters. But progress is progress. Battery powered is the better tech now.
Whenever practical I prefer extension cords over batteries .

More power.
cowboycwr
hodedofome said:

For working in my yard/ around the house I agree. Especially now that all the tools (drill, weed eater, blower, light, sander, etc) all use the same size battery and I can have multiple ones and switch them out.

but if I were running a land scaping company doing 30+ yards a day I would not want to have 20 batteries and have to constantly re charge them throughout the day.
VaeBear
cowboycwr said:

hodedofome said:

For working in my yard/ around the house I agree. Especially now that all the tools (drill, weed eater, blower, light, sander, etc) all use the same size battery and I can have multiple ones and switch them out.

but if I were running a land scaping company doing 30+ yards a day I would not want to have 20 batteries and have to constantly re charge them throughout the day.
And those batteries are expensive.
cowboycwr
VaeBear said:

cowboycwr said:

hodedofome said:

And those batteries are expensive.
And as all rechargeable batteries do they wear down, get dirt in them and don't charge, and eventually do not hold a charge at all.
hodedofome
I've had battery for several years now with no issues. Can't say the same about annual maintenance on my high end gas equipment I had before that.

Trust me, once you go battery you won't go back.

Obviously, if I was running a lawn business I wouldn't be able to do that with the equipment I have. I would load the truck with batteries, slap a green peace sticker on the side and charge folks in Austin double. And they'd gladly pay .
EatMoreSalmon
hodedofome said:

I've had battery for several years now with no issues. Can't say the same about annual maintenance on my high end gas equipment I had before that.

Trust me, once you go battery you won't go back.

Obviously, if I was running a lawn business I wouldn't be able to do that with the equipment I have. I would load the truck with batteries, slap a green peace sticker on the side and charge folks in Austin double. And they'd gladly pay .
I use battery mower and line trimmer. Leaf blower and hedge trimmer are next on my list.

My electric chain saw is only good for small yard work, though. I'd hate to see firemen and forestry workers have to use one. Not to mention haunted houses and horror movies.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.