Packed football stadia super spreader events

1,767 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Canada2017
Osodecentx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We started seeing packed football stadia in the first week of September. I'm thinking that if these were super spreader events our friends in the MSM would tell us.

Has anyone seen information on this?
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

We started seeing packed football stadia in the first week of September. I'm thinking that if these were super spreader events our friends in the MSM would tell us.

Football is more powerful than any virus ..
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Sure is, but if students and fans were dropping like flies, I think it would be reported. I'm assuming there is no outbreak.
Wouldn't we have had a surge of cases in College Station or McLennan County?
Porteroso
There is a general downtrend still. Football games haven't been a huge issue. Enough are vaccinated that they aren't needing hospitalization, and many never even realize they have it. And of the rest, many have various levels of natural immunity.

Now that we are dealing with it so much better (death rate down more than an order of magnitude), the only real threat it poses to society is the threat to already crowded hospitals. If we can somehow just avoid another huge spike, treatments will be here before we know it, and life, and football, back to normal.
Osodecentx
Porteroso said:

There is a general downtrend still. Football games haven't been a huge issue. Enough are vaccinated that they aren't needing hospitalization, and many never even realize they have it. And of the rest, many have various levels of natural immunity.

Now that we are dealing with it so much better (death rate down more than an order of magnitude), the only real threat it poses to society is the threat to already crowded hospitals. If we can somehow just avoid another huge spike, treatments will be here before we know it, and life, and football, back to normal.
If we aren't getting a spike from a packed football stadium, what will cause a spike? Delta seems to be waning in the South and the Northeast has a relatively high vaccination rate plus a lot of folks who contracted Covid and lived.

If we aren't getting a spike from football games we aren't likely to get it from eating out or going to the mall.
Sam Lowry
Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

If we aren't getting a spike from a packed football stadium, what will cause a spike? Delta seems to be waning in the South and the Northeast has a relatively high vaccination rate plus a lot of folks who contracted Covid and lived.

If we aren't getting a spike from football games we aren't likely to get it from eating out or going to the mall.
The great majority of spikes are traced to indoor events. Large crowds and lack of social distancing at some outdoor events increase the risk, but it's not clear how much.
Harrison Bergeron
Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I have heard a theory that covid spiked in the South during the summer because it is hot and more people go inside. It will be interesting to see if we see a similar pattern in the North when it gets cold.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Sure is, but if students and fans were dropping like flies, I think it would be reported. I'm assuming there is no outbreak.
Have not heard of any outbreaks related to outdoor sports venues .

Which in itself is very curious .

Going to play the percentages and get the booster shot in a few weeks.

However I am gradually coming to the conclusion that all these vaccine mandates are completely unnecessary and are more about expanding governmental control than protecting the public .
midgett
Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

I have heard a theory that covid spiked in the South during the summer because it is hot and more people go inside. It will be interesting to see if we see a similar pattern in the North when it gets cold.
I stated that a few months ago and Sam mocked me. He/She is an idiot.
Wrecks Quan Dough
Good thing we shut down businesses, destroyed lives and families, locked children up inside with their abusers and kept them out of school away from mandatory reporters, quarantined the healthy, and used a never-before method of combatting a respiratory virus to learn during the 2021 football season that there was not much for most of us to fear in the first place.

But at least the liquor stores stayed open. Enjoy your dinner--the meat is now about 25% more expensive.
Sam Lowry
midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Link?
Robert Wilson
midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Also funny because what was our first maneuver in response to Covid? Make everybody stay inside…
Whiskey Pete
Robert Wilson said:

midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Also funny because what was our first maneuver in response to Covid? Make everybody stay inside…
Except for if you need to make a liquor run. Essential business and all
Robert Wilson
Rawhide said:

Robert Wilson said:

midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Except for if you need to make a liquor run. Essential business and all

At least they got one thing right
Sam Lowry
Robert Wilson said:

midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Well known to increase risk for the households of infected individuals but also to reduce risk for the community.
Mothra
Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

However I am gradually coming to the conclusion that all these vaccine mandates are completely unnecessary and are more about expanding governmental control than protecting the public .
Yup. Never let a good crisis go to waste. We've been hearing liberal politicians from the very beginning referring to the pandemic as an opportunity for a "great reset." They saw it as an opportunity to remake the world to their liking.

What's crazy is how many conservatives have gone along with it.
sombear
Then why the Fauci, Biden, and media meltdowns over the motorcycle rallies and college football?
Canada2017
Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Yup. Never let a good crisis go to waste. We've been hearing liberal politicians from the very beginning referring to the pandemic as an opportunity for a "great reset." They saw it as an opportunity to remake the world to their liking.

I may be late to the party.....real late.

But this job mandate bull**** while union contributors to Dem campaigns magically get a pass.......while illegals don't have to be vaccinated at all....finally turned the lights on for me.

It's all bull**** .....all a power grab .
Wrecks Quan Dough
Malcolm X said you all been bamboozled, lied to,hornswaggled....
Robert Wilson
Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Well known to increase risk for the households of infected individuals but also to reduce risk for the community.

Except you cannot lock people down tightly enough to keep it from eventually jumping households anyway…

Just chasing that illusion of control
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

Then why the Fauci, Biden, and media meltdowns over the motorcycle rallies and college football?
Because large crowds and lack of social distancing increase the risk.
sombear
Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Except when it's a leftist crowd gathering, right?
Sam Lowry
Robert Wilson said:

Sam Lowry said:

Robert Wilson said:

midgett said:

Harrison Bergeron said:

Osodecentx said:

Porteroso said:

Except you cannot lock people down tightly enough to keep it from eventually jumping households anyway…

Just chasing that illusion of control
It's about mitigation, not control, and it does work.
Sam Lowry
sombear said:

Sam Lowry said:

sombear said:

Except when it's a leftist crowd gathering, right?
Wrong.
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

But this job mandate bull**** while union contributors to Dem campaigns magically get a pass.......while illegals don't have to be vaccinated at all....finally turned the lights on for me.

What about Governor Abbott's vaccine & mask mandates?
muddybrazos
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Not only is is a power/money grab it was all planed and done intentionally. Now pfizer gets to vax you twice a year for life and they want you to have a mandatory vax qr code on your phone to track you. Then they bring in the next phase where it tracks your carbon usage which is tied to your social credit score. The great reset sounds like a real bright future for us plebs.
Canada2017
muddybrazos said:

Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Canada2017 said:

Osodecentx said:

Not only is is a power/money grab it was all planed and done intentionally. Now pfizer gets to vax you twice a year for life and they want you to have a mandatory vax qr code on your phone to track you. Then they bring in the next phase where it tracks your carbon usage which is tied to your social credit score. The great reset sounds like a real bright future for us plebs.

Even 6 months ago would have thought this to be far fetched .

Not anymore .

1984 is here .
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.