Natural immunity to covid is powerful. Policymakers seem afraid to say so

3,293 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by 4th and Inches
Freedomb3ar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Osodecentx said:

Freedomb3ar said:

Doctor has seen over 1100 Patients. 0 that originally had covid naturally have had covid twice

Her patients are over 80% that have had covid after being vaccinated.

People can believe what msnbc etc tell them. Most would rather listen to the doctors not being coerced into losing their job if they are out of line with management.
Link?

Family doctor
Osodecentx
ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

Osodecentx said:

ATL Bear said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

D. C. Bear said:

Forest Bueller_bf said:

Of course natural immunity is the best.

There is no better fighter against a specific illness than an immune system that has a copy
of the illness, and remembers how to fight and what to fight.

If you have the actual antibodies of the disease and you survived it, you have the gold standard
of immune response.

No other group will be close.

Naturally acquired immunity is likely very effective at preventing reinfection, but the vaccines are effective at (1) preventing infection in the first place and (2) preventing serious first-time infections. Whatever "natural immunity" people have prior to infection does not provide better protection than the vaccines. If you haven't had COVID, the vaccines are your best route to protection. If you have, you've got pretty good protection already, although the vaccines may add a little more.
I'm only talking about people who have made a 100% recovery from the actual virus.

Of course getting the vaccine before the illness is better than an immune system that hasn't ever encountered the virus.

I thought I was fairly clear. Sorry if not.
You weren't unclear. Just pointing that out because I do see arguments made that "natural immunity" is superior, so I won't get the vaccine even among people who haven't been infected. Basically, "my immune system is better than the vaccine." It isn't.
Technically it is. Otherwise this whittled down component of the virus vehicle that is the COVID vaccine wouldn't work at all.
I don't understand your post. Would you elaborate?
Which part?
Sorry. The prior poster said: "Basically, "my immune system is better than the vaccine." It isn't."

Part of your answer was: "Technically it is. Otherwise this whittled down component of the virus vehicle that is the COVID vaccine wouldn't work at all. "

I interpreted your answer to be an attempt to refute the first statement, i.e. that the human immune system is better than the vaccine. I respect your knowledge and opinion on this subject, but I didn't understand your answer.
I think it's unequivocal that our immune system is better than the vaccine. And as I meant by "technically", the vaccine is useless without our effective immune system. That's why most of the trouble in "breakthrough" cases are still in the same vulnerable demographics as pre-vaccine.

The vaccine is a stimulator of our immune system to give us a kick start against COVID. Some don't have the ability to get enough immuno response before it gets deep into the lungs where the real damage is done. But that's the 5-15% in the most vulnerable populations. The vast majority fight it off in the nasal passages and upper respiratory tract and get along with life, with and without the vaccine. The vaccine just raises the odds even higher that the battle will remain in the "safe zones", and providing us with a head start if/when the virus enters our body, and protecting ourselves against unknown underlying conditions that COVID may take advantage of. But our bodies already had the ability to throw it off as evidenced by the high rate of modest cases and overall recovery.

That is why I preach the importance of immune health. If you can put aside the emotion of the pandemic, objectively you have to marvel at the human body instead of wallowing in fear. It took on a highly contagious novel respiratory virus likely genetically engineered with gain of function enhancements to not only replication, but specific protein receptor targets, and outside of a small percentage of cases, beat it back. But as I've said, if you're over 40 and especially 50, you're foolish not to get vaccinated. Our bodies are just not as good at protecting itself the older we get, so we need the head start on something with rapid replication like COVID (especially Delta).
Thanks
Osodecentx
Freedomb3ar said:

Osodecentx said:

Freedomb3ar said:

Doctor has seen over 1100 Patients. 0 that originally had covid naturally have had covid twice

Her patients are over 80% that have had covid after being vaccinated.

People can believe what msnbc etc tell them. Most would rather listen to the doctors not being coerced into losing their job if they are out of line with management.
Link?

Family doctor
Right
LIB,MR BEARS
I tested positive yesterday. I feel like I have a mild sinus infection, can't smell and have not had a fever. I go for my monoclonal antibody infusion later this morning. What am I about to get into or better yet, what's about yo get into me?

PS, I got the Phyzer vaccine late winter/early spring.
D. C. Bear
LIB,MR BEARS said:

I tested positive yesterday. I feel like I have a mild sinus infection, can't smell and have not had a fever. I go for my monoclonal antibody infusion later this morning. What am I about to get into or better yet, what's about yo get into me?

Varies. I had a fever for a few hours, slightly elevated temperature for a few days, mild cough, and do-not-want-to-get-out-of-bed fatigue for a few days, even though I did not feel sleepy. Fever preceded loss of smell for me, so you may have an even milder case. Smell and taste came back in about a week. Had mild cognitive effects for a while.
LIB,MR BEARS
LIB,MR BEARS said:

For the medical professionals. Can you give me the reader's digest version of monoclonal antibodies?
JXL
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Prayers for a quick and full recovery.
LIB,MR BEARS
I did the monoclonal antibody treatment Thursday morning. By Friday morning, I was much better. Currently I've no smell and very little taste. My biggest issue is conjunctivitis in my right eye and pure boredom.

I am extremely pleased with the mAbs treatment.
Doc Holliday
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

Policy-makers are understandably hesitant because of conflicting info.

New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection
The conflict of information is insane. Someone is profoundly wrong.

The Israel study showing prior infected are 27 times less likely to get a second symptomatic covid infection than those who were vaccinated goes heavily against your study.

Get the shot. The only one confused is you and your ilk who have "counter evidence." I don't take chances with my health so I get the shots.
Waco1947
Doc Holliday
Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

New CDC Study: Vaccination Offers Higher Protection than Previous COVID-19 Infection

The Israel study showing prior infected are 27 times less likely to get a second symptomatic covid infection than those who were vaccinated goes heavily against your study.

Get the shot. The only one confused is you and your ilk who have "counter evidence." I don't take chances with my health so I get the shots.
You replied to my post about it being lab created.

Counter evidence to what? The OP is about natural immunity. I got the Pfizer vax so what ilk are you talking about?
Waco1947
Doc Holliday said:

Waco1947 said:

Doc Holliday said:

Sam Lowry said:

You replied to my post about it being lab created.

Counter evidence to what? The OP is about natural immunity. I got the Pfizer vax so what ilk are you talking about?
My apologies. You are exactly righy
Waco1947
jupiter

4th and Inches
jupiter said:

Biden maintaining his 100% Perfect score at making stupid policy that is no benefit to society.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Osodecentx
4th and Inches said:

jupiter said:

Biden maintaining his 100% Perfect score at making stupid policy that is no benefit to society.
Biden is on an unusual streak of self inflicted injuries. I almost think Mitch McConnell is directing WH policy so the GOP can prosper.
4th and Inches
Osodecentx said:

4th and Inches said:

jupiter said:

Biden is on an unusual streak of self inflicted injuries. I almost think Mitch McConnell is directing WH policy so the GOP can prosper.
unusual? Not according to Obama..
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.