Sincerely hope none here have experienced anything close to this..

845 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/12/coinbase-users-slam-new-customer-service-phone-support.html
muddybrazos
You definitely need to have 2 factor authorization enabled on your exchange accounts and also if you have more than one bitcoin you should keep it on a cold wallet unless you're trading it. I have a friend who has 10-15 eth on a coinbase account and that account was tied to his old phone so he hasnt been able to access it. He said he has emailed their support but hasnt had much help with access but at least his funds are in there.

I use a site called celsius that requires you to setup the transfer address 24 hours in advance so that the funds cant be stolen to a random wallet. Also, my blockfi account has something similar where they process it for a day or so and you have to ok it before the funds will be released.
Bexar Pitts
muddybrazos said:

You definitely need to have 2 factor authorization enabled on your exchange accounts and also if you have more than one bitcoin you should keep it on a cold wallet unless you're trading it. I have a friend who has 10-15 eth on a coinbase account and that account was tied to his old phone so he hasnt been able to access it. He said he has emailed their support but hasnt had much help with access but at least his funds are in there.

I use a site called celsius that requires you to setup the transfer address 24 hours in advance so that the funds cant be stolen to a random wallet. Also, my blockfi account has something similar where they process it for a day or so and you have to ok it before the funds will be released.
Thanks greatly for the input...Bought my first traded stock nearly 50 years ago, but I'm still a Crypto rookie..
muddybrazos
Bexar Pitts said:

muddybrazos said:

Thanks greatly for the input...Bought my first traded stock nearly 50 years ago, but I'm still a Crypto rookie..
Not financial advise but IMO you can't go wrong with the large cap coins: BTC, ETH, SOL, LINK, ADA etc. Another good lesson in crypto is never feel like you missed the boat bc you havent. There will be volatilty and corrections will come so just buy when people are scared and sell when people are thrilled.
Bexar Pitts
muddybrazos said:

Bexar Pitts said:

muddybrazos said:

Not financial advise but IMO you can't go wrong with the large cap coins: BTC, ETH, SOL, LINK, ADA etc. Another good lesson in crypto is never feel like you missed the boat bc you havent. There will be volatilty and corrections will come so just buy when people are scared and sell when people are thrilled.
Copy that...That mantra has served Warren Buffett well over the years in the equity markets.
Osodecentx
Bexar Pitts said:

muddybrazos said:

Another rookie here. I wanted to try small crypto purchase, Cardano Ada. Trades for less than $2.50. I'm hoping lightning will strike and greater fools will drive up the price for me. I don't believe crypto has value other than what the greater fools give it.

I signed up with Coinbase & I would not recommend it. They limited me to no more than $50 a month for the first month (I linked to a debit card so they are guaranteed payment). Contacting them to discuss this is impossible. I emailed them and didn't hear back for days - my "appeal" was denied. Several more attempts to up the trading limits took many days and were unsatisfactory. They rely on some automated text mail system to heighten your frustration.
muddybrazos
Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

muddybrazos said:

Another rookie here. I wanted to try small crypto purchase, Cardano Ada. Trades for less than $2.50. I'm hoping lightning will strike and greater fools will drive up the price for me. I don't believe crypto has value other than what the greater fools give it.

I signed up with Coinbase & I would not recommend it. They limited me to no more than $50 a month for the first month (I linked to a debit card so they are guaranteed payment). Contacting them to discuss this is impossible. I emailed them and didn't hear back for days - my "appeal" was denied. Several more attempts to up the trading limits took many days and were unsatisfactory. They rely on some automated text mail system to heighten your frustration.
go to pro.coinbase.com and move your account over to that. You can link your bank so you can ach. Coinbase is where people start and learn about crypto. ADA is probably good for a 4-5x in this bull market so go for it.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
A virtual wallet that is lost forever if you forget your password? Ummmm......no thanks!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Osodecentx
muddybrazos said:

Osodecentx said:

Bexar Pitts said:

muddybrazos said:

go to pro.coinbase.com and move your account over to that. You can link your bank so you can ach. Coinbase is where people start and learn about crypto. ADA is probably good for a 4-5x in this bull market so go for it.
I don't trust them enough to link my bank account. I'm experimenting and trying to learn

Good to know about Ada
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.