Southwest employees win

2,261 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Florda_mike
Florda_mike
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://amgreatness.com/2021/10/12/southwest-airlines-ceo-says-no-employees-will-be-fired-over-vaccine-mandate/
Canada2017
Far too early to claim a 'win'.

Feds are going to ramp up the pressure. They know this could be the employee spark that leads to a nation wide anti mandate fire.

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Gary Kelly will not risk upsetting Joe Biden and his economy killers. He will never risk losing his bailout funds. He talks a good game but really doesn't give a rat's ass about his employees.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Florda_mike
Canada2017 said:

Far too early to claim a 'win'.

Feds are going to ramp up the pressure. They know this could be the employee spark that leads to a nation wide anti mandate fire.

Of course you're right

Biden came out today with, "Fed law trumps State law"

Never seen such a flagrant constant attack on our country by a president

He and especially his puppet masters need gone gone!
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Its a loss for the people that have to work with the people that choose not to vax. The customers can choose how important it is by thier choice of airlines. If tbe price were the same i would rather fly with a vaxxed airline.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Its a loss for the people that have to work with the people that choose not to vax. The customers can choose how important it is by thier choice of airlines. If tbe price were the same i would rather fly with a vaxxed airline.
Not surprised. Gotta watch out for the unwashed masses. They might give you Covid. LOL!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
GrowlTowel

Why? If you have had the vaccine why does it bother you that your flight attendant did not take the vaccine?

Maybe she is pregnant?
Maybe she has already had Covid?
Maybe she has a religious objection?

How does her vaccine status have anything to do with your health?
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Canada2017

If tbe price were the same i would rather fly with a vaxxed airline.
Am fully vaccinated....however I don't feel any extra risk flying with an unvaccinated individual.

IMO its the unvaccinated individual taking the bigger risk...by far .

And how much extra are you willing to pay per round trip ticket ....say from Dallas to Cancun just to be on a vaxxed airline ?

$ 500 ?

Freedomb3ar
GrowlTowel said:

Why? If you have had the vaccine why does it bother you that your flight attendant did not take the vaccine?

Maybe she is pregnant?

Don't you see?'. It's because of.....the science
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I keep hearing from Mike and his accolytes that the vaxxed still have a small of getting the virus and even though i think its much milder i dontvwant it. Having a choice. I would prefer to be around vaxxed.

Canada. I said all things being equal. I wouldnt pay extra. BTW i movesd to Playa del Carmen today. Better beaches.
Harrison Bergeron
China Joe is all yip. He's done **** but babble incoherently about a mandate.
ABC BEAR
If I remember correctly, the people who are now demanding mandatory Covid vaccinations, (Biden & Kamala), were publicly denouncing the vaccine one year ago this month.

Rigged elections really flip the script, don't they?
Florda_mike

From the guy whose COVID was cured by HCQ

You can't fix this mentality
Mothra

And I'd do the opposite because, you know, free market?

Ironic to hear your lamenting it. But not surprising.
Mothra
GrowlTowel said:

Maybe she is pregnant?

Fear and lack of eternal security have a powerful effect on people.
Harrison Bergeron
ABC BEAR said:

If I remember correctly, the people who are now demanding mandatory Covid vaccinations, (Biden & Kamala), were publicly denouncing the vaccine one year ago this month.

There is a not surprising irony that the sum of Biden's response to covid is mandating Trump's vaccine.
Florda_mike

I keep hearing from Mike and his accolytes that the vaxxed still have a small of getting the virus and even though i think its much milder i dontvwant it. Having a choice. I would prefer to be around vaxxed.

Canada. I said all things being equal. I wouldnt pay extra. BTW i movesd to Playa del Carmen today. Better beaches.

Is this the stance of other Libertarians like LIQ
fadskier
https://www.reporternews.com/story/business/2021/10/12/southwest-american-plan-ignore-abbott-comply-vaccine-mandate/8423456002/
Salute the Marines - Joe Biden
fadskier
As someone who believes in small government, I do not agree with Abbott on this. If we're going to support the cake baker that declines to make a homosexual wedding cake, then we must support Southwest and American on their decisions.
Florda_mike
fadskier said:

As someone who believes in small government, I do not agree with Abbott on this. If we're going to support the cake baker that declines to make a homosexual wedding cake, then we must support Southwest and American on their decisions.

^^^ Apples to oranges these days

Huge Corp Southwest is different than Mom and pop cake bakers
fadskier
Florda_mike said:

fadskier said:

How so?
Florda_mike
fadskier said:

Florda_mike said:

fadskier said:

How so?

Oh let's see .....

Was gay couple gonna be ruined financially if they didn't get cake?

Bakery denied service to a customer, Southwest is dealing with employees

Southwest would receive subsidies and government love for mandates, Bakery wouldn't and attacked by overbearing government legally

That's a start but you should know it's just not same situation at all

Government can't have it both ways
Wrecks Quan Dough
Thinking back on every previous flu season, I cannot remember society being so preoccupied with whether someone next to them had a flu shot. Some of you people have lost your mind.

Let's Go Brandon!
Mothra
fadskier said:

Problem is, their decisions are based on the federal mandate. If they were doing this out of their own accord, perhaps.
Whiskey Pete
fadskier said:

Yep. Completely with you on this. Gov't needs to BUTT OUT - completely.

I'm just as pissed at Abbott as I am Hidin' Biden. Seems abbott is going overboard trying to win back supporters he lost last year.

I'm sick and tired of gov't grabbing power. This includes a slimy ass politician trying to tell a private business that they can't issue personal mandates for their employees.

biden needs to **** off and abbott needs to **** off
Porteroso
ABC BEAR said:

It wasn't rigged in any fashion or form. Your lie is anti America, and anti democracy. I am gonna need to to do better. ABC an American flag onto your porch and start reading the Constitution.

You've got some work to do before you can be the informed voter our democracy depends upon.
Guy Noir
SW Airline has gotten a lot of customers angry over canceled flights this week. I am not sure how COVID fits in their operational problems but canceling 2000 flights on a weekend could sure affect the bottom line.
Canada2017

I much prefer Playa over Cancun. Better beaches , better all inclusive hotels. fewer crazies .

So you wouldn't even pay a single dollar extra to fly on a vaxxed airline ?

Perfect example.

Southwest and the rest of the airline industry better wake up before they lose millions firing their un vaccinated employees. Obviously isn't worth it .
Coke Bear

Serious question for you ...

If a vaxxed person can catch it (I was and I did) and a vaxxed person can spread it (I was and may have to two people), what difference does it make if a person is vaxxed or not on an airplane?
Coke Bear
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Gary Kelly will not risk upsetting Joe Biden and his economy killers. He will never risk losing his bailout funds. He talks a good game but really doesn't give a rat's ass about his employees.
What makes you say that Gary Kelly "really doesn't give a rat's ass about his employees"? I haven't heard much about his leadership. The statement seems counterintuitive to the SWA culture.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

ABC BEAR said:

It wasn't rigged in any fashion or form. Your lie is anti America, and anti democracy. I am gonna need to to do better. ABC an American flag onto your porch and start reading the Constitution.

You've got some work to do before you can be the informed voter our democracy depends upon.
Believing that an election was crooked isn't anti democracy, it's quite the opposite. If certain individuals, politicians, organizations, companies, or whatever subverted democracy to insure someone won an election, that would be anti democracy. To believe it happened isn't. And certainly not anti American.

Good grief.
Florda_mike
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

ABC BEAR said:

Believing that an election was crooked isn't anti democracy, it's quite the opposite. If certain individuals, politicians, organizations, companies, or whatever subverted democracy to insure someone won an election, that would be anti democracy. To believe it happened isn't. And certainly not anti American.

Good grief.
Whiskey Pete
Canada2017 said:

I much prefer Playa over Cancun. Better beaches , better all inclusive hotels. fewer crazies .

So you wouldn't even pay a single dollar extra to fly on a vaxxed airline ?

Perfect example.

Southwest and the rest of the airline industry better wake up before they lose millions firing their un vaccinated employees. Obviously isn't worth it .
So a liberal will make his decision based off the price? Wow, letting the market decide, what a novel approach.
GrowlTowel
Porteroso said:

ABC BEAR said:

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Porteroso
GrowlTowel said:

Porteroso said:

ABC BEAR said:

That is such a great example of the "evidence" Trump tried to present in the 80 lawsuits he lost.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.