Laramie, WY - Mask Arrest

1,732 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Mothra
Whiskey Pete
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Need to show those little pesky brats who's boss, right?

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=+laramie%2C+wy+grace&t=newext&atb=v292-3_p&iar=news&ia=news
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
If this crap is taking place in Wyoming, it is just a matter of time before this comes to our backdoor. Joe and his handlers have another year to make it happen.

#Resist
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
LIB,MR BEARS
Rawhide said:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=+laramie%2C+wy+grace&t=newext&atb=v292-3_p&iar=news&ia=news
She should put on a mask and go back to class. The first half of the day wear a BLM mask and the second half a MAGA mask. Admin heads would explode.

Canada2017
Laramie........ isn't Laramie, Wyoming anymore .

Got a small, but connected group of liberals changing the town's vibe.

Easy pass.
Whiskey Pete
LIB,MR BEARS said:

Rawhide said:

She should put on a mask and go back to class. The first half of the day wear a BLM mask and the second half a MAGA mask. Admin heads would explode.

Ha! Okay, I can completely agree with this
Porteroso
She is right, the school could much more easily require vaccination than masks. And there is little science to suggest masks would do much in the classroom, though between classes they definitely help.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
They shouls make exceptions for students that dont want to follow the rules. This will help them later in life. Drivers license? Too much trouble. Income tax? Who cares. Rules are for losers. People should be allowed to pick and follow the rules they choose
Mothra
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

They shouls make exceptions for students that dont want to follow the rules. This will help them later in life. Drivers license? Too much trouble. Income tax? Who cares. Rules are for losers. People should be allowed to pick and follow the rules they choose
Good point! Get the jab, because it's a rule. Doesn't matter it's your body and violates your personal freedoms! Wear masks. Doesn't matter that it interferes with your private business rights! It's a rule, and you will follow it by God, no matter how authoritarian. Want to open your business? Too bad! Mandatory lockdowns, cause it's a rule!

They should have told MLK that when he was trying to sit at lunch counters with white people. It's a rule!

BTW, that's an interesting form of "libertarianism" you subscribe to.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I call it like i see it. I dont toe a party line like some here.

The young lady was sent home for non compliance to stated school rules. She refused to leave school grounds. She was trespassing.
What would you have with a student that refuses to follow established ruled?

If i were the parent i would probably tell her to follow the rules. Most adults have tio.follow rules they dont like. I hate searbelts. I usually dont wear one. In 20 years i have recieved two tickets. I paid them. I drive a car in Texas i follow rules or i pay the consequences. Surely as a father yiu have taught the same thing.
Guy Noir
I look at it as a dress code rule that has been very politicized. People get sent home for wearing in appropriate clothes too. The mask requirement will probably disappear in the next year. I do not see her behavior accomplishing anything.
Canada2017

Yeah, lets legalize heroin, cocaine and meth as well.

Malbec
How about just put her in detention with a vaxxed monitor?
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Malbec said:

Most schools cant afford 1 n 1 supervision but that would a better solution than suspension
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Canada2017 said:

I agree but until the rules are changed rules should be followed and consequences enforced.
Canada2017

Canada2017 said:

I agree but until the rules are changed rules should be followed and consequences enforced.
Indeed ......20 years for possession with intent to distribute.
Mothra

The young lady was sent home for non compliance to stated school rules. She refused to leave school grounds. She was trespassing.

If i were the parent i would probably tell her to follow the rules. Most adults have tio.follow rules they dont like. I hate searbelts. I usually dont wear one. In 20 years i have recieved two tickets. I paid them. I drive a car in Texas i follow rules or i pay the consequences. Surely as a father yiu have taught the same thing.
So, your libertarian leanings end where rules, no matter how authoritarian, begin. Gotcha.

I wasn't commenting on this particular situation as much as I was critiquing your logic. Personally, I wouldn't subject my kids to public school in the first place. They're getting a much better education at home, and without the govt. indoctrination.

Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

No need if we get to choose the rules and laws we will follow
Canada2017
Mothra said:

So, your libertarian leanings end where rules, no matter how authoritarian, begin. Gotcha.

Libertarian leanings as expressed on this free message board are exceptionally 'flexible' .
Osodecentx
Canada2017 said:

Mothra said:

Libertarian leanings as expressed on this free message board are exceptionally 'flexible' .
True dat
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Not all kids can thrive in public school and should be kept at home. As a working man my kids didnt have a choice. Its ok though. They did well
4th and Inches
Canada2017 said:

they did that in Oregon
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Canada2017
4th and Inches said:

Canada2017 said:

they did that in Oregon

Evil exists.
Harrison Bergeron
Public school kids do not have full citizenship rights. Fine is she protests, but ultimately she should comply with the rules of the school.

The problem is the usual double standard - a woke protester would be left alone. That's the basic unfairness we live with daily.
ABC BEAR
Whatever happened to the 'good old days' when a girl would protest by not wearing her bra and walk around with her pointers out all day?
LIB,MR BEARS

Canada2017 said:

You sound like those white , Alabama preachers MLK wrote that letter to. You know, the one from the Birmingham jail.
Mothra

Not all kids can thrive in public school and should be kept at home. As a working man my kids didnt have a choice. Its ok though. They did well

Statistics show home schooled kids are generally better educated and score better on tests than their public school counterparts. There are downsides as with all things but generally it's a much better education. I understand not everyone has that luxury. It's a sacrifice for sure.

I am a product of public school. Hell our kids started out there. But public school has changed in the last 10 years.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Statistics show home schooled kids are generally better educated and score better on tests than their public school counterparts. There are downsides as with all things but generally it's a much better education. I understand not everyone has that luxury. It's a sacrifice for sure.

I am a product of public school. Hell our kids started out there. But public school has changed in the last 10 years.
Mostly agree, but do you have a link to support the 1st sentence? I support home schooling, it is support for that assertion about "better educated and score better on tests than their public school counterparts."

My impression (totally subjective and anecdotal) is that the top 50% of public schoolers are well educated and score better on tests than their home schooled counterparts.

Public schools have to take everyone, including the problem students and absentee parents.
Canada2017
Mothra said:

It is indeed a sacrifice.

You have a full plate.

Respect.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Mostly agree, but do you have a link to support the 1st sentence? I support home schooling, it is support for that assertion about "better educated and score better on tests than their public school counterparts."

My impression (totally subjective and anecdotal) is that the top 50% of public schoolers are well educated and score better on tests than their home schooled counterparts.

Public schools have to take everyone, including the problem students and absentee parents.
A number of links have been posted before, but here is one.

https://wehavekids.com/education/Do-Homeschoolers-Really-Do-Better-on-Tests
Malbec

Malbec said:

Most schools cant afford 1 n 1 supervision but that would a better solution than suspension
I'll bet you would have a line of 100 parents willing to volunteer to sit in that detention room with her.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I'm sure you don't see every link posted on this board, nor do I. I'm tuning in late and beg forgiveness. If it is an inconvenience in the future, the just respond "no" & I'll get it.

Thanks for the link.
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

I'm sure you don't see every link posted on this board, nor do I. I'm tuning in late and beg forgiveness. If it is an inconvenience in the future, the just respond "no" & I'll get it.

Thanks for the link.
Don't be so touchy. I didn't mean anything by it.

The link as you will see evidences what I said. The homeschooled kids typically perform much better than their public school peers, regardless of demographics.
Osodecentx
Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Thanks for the link.

The link as you will see evidences what I said. The homeschooled kids typically perform much better than their public school peers, regardless of demographics.
Don't be snarky when someone makes an honest enquiry.

I have close relatives who homeschooled early on until kids transitioned into private school around the 7th grade..

When someone makes a claim (like you did) I like to explore it. It seemed exaggerated so I requested a link. I looked at your link and then googled the subject. Every link I found, without exception, says that as a group homeschoolers do better on standardized testing than do their public school counterparts.

Thanks for sharing the link
Mothra
Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Osodecentx said:

Mothra said:

Thanks for the link.

Don't be snarky when someone makes an honest enquiry.

I have close relatives who homeschooled early on until kids transitioned into private school around the 7th grade..

When someone makes a claim (like you did) I like to explore it. It seemed exaggerated so I requested a link. I looked at your link and then googled the subject. Every link I found, without exception, says that as a group homeschoolers do better on standardized testing than do their public school counterparts.

Thanks for sharing the link
I wasn't being snarky, and am sorry you took it that way. My point in making the comment I did is you can probably search the website and find the threads where this was discussed, which includes lots of links.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.