Forward Party - Can Ranked Choice voting help fix our bipartisan government?

4,786 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by jupiter
BaylorJacket
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Andrew Yang, 2020 Presidential Candidate and 2021 NYC Mayor Candidate, has launched a new third party named the Forward Party.

The Forward Party is focused on six-core principles:

In modern American, presidential and congressional elections, unless you live in a swing district, your vote does not matter. They know you'll vote red - they know you'll vote blue - and most importantly, they have no incentive to run on a platform that benefits you, your family, and your community. Their platform can be whatever their donors want, as you're voting for them regardless.

Ranked Choice voting forces both parties to become more moderate, as voters can now openly rank their choices without feeling like their vote is wasted. This solves the "less of two evils" situation that we have seen the past few elections. Currently, candidates are focused on firing up their base instead of building a coalition of support. With RCV, a candidate can no longer win with <50% of votes and will need to tailor their campaign to reach a majority of their audience.

I am not encouraging a change in what political party you identify with, but to simply consider Ranked Choice Voting as a serious option if we ever (hopefully) get to vote on implementing it.

If you would like some more information: Forward Party
Osodecentx
No
GrowlTowel
There is nothing moderate about "universal basic income."

No thank you.
Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
BaylorJacket
GrowlTowel said:

There is nothing moderate about "universal basic income."

No thank you.
Going to guess you didn't read anything I said - just skimmed and saw UBI and replied lol.

I agree with you though, UBI is something that only works in a perfect, non-corrupt world where people do not take advantage of the system.
Porteroso
Aside from UBI, I really like Yang. And yes, ranked choice would greatly benefit America. It would not solve campaign finance, the greatest issue facing America, but it would be a great benefit all the same.
BaylorJacket
Porteroso said:

Aside from UBI, I really like Yang. And yes, ranked choice would greatly benefit America. It would not solve campaign finance, the greatest issue facing America, but it would be a great benefit all the same.
I'm in the same boat as you.

Yeah, mega-donors and big corporations rule American government right now for both parties. This is actually apart of Yang's platform, and he calls the solution "Democracy Dollars": https://www.forwardparty.com/democracy-dollars

Essentially, it is a donation voucher for citizens and companies of a small amount. Would people find a way around this? Absolutely lol, but it is a step in the right direction at least. I personally believe a simple donation limit would work better though.
Oldbear83
UBI is like MMT, a scam without merit but dangerous enough to destroy the country if allowed to take root.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
EatMoreSalmon
We have UBI lite right now and it is a wrecking ball on the economy.
Doc Holliday
I would consider UBI under certain conditions:

1.) No new tax created to fund the UBI

2.) Cut the majority of federal welfare programs

Doing it this way would act as a tax cut for most if every single adult receives UBI. It gets the feds hands off filtering tax dollars through inefficient welfare programs.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Interesting that on another thread you claimed to be conservative by nature then turn around say, I really like Yang.

Which one of his positions do you really like?

- In favor of a gun licensing program
- Few limits, if any to abortion
- Eliminate private prisons
- Subsidies for renters and homeowners
- Universal Basic Income
- Support several months of broad paid leave
- Cancel some college student debt
- End new oil and gas leases on federal land and end offshore drilling
- Tax carbon emissions
- Eat less meat to combat climate change
- Illegal entry - repeal the statute
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Slash the defense budge
- Increase the capitol gains tax rate
- Create a value added tax
- Create taxes on financial trades
- Pro gov't forcing people to wear masks
- Psychological testing to purchase firearm
- Support government stay-at-home orders for virus
- Supports funding planned parenthood
- Increase environmental regulations
- Support teaching of CRT
- Supports vaccine mandates
- Supports denying the right of private businesses to deny service if it conflicts with the owner's religious beliefs
- Free internet for low income people
- Supports transgender athletes to compete against other that differ from the assigned sex at birth
- Government subsidized healthcare for illegals
- force health insurance provider to offer free birth control
- Supports gender reassignment surgery for children under the age of 18
- Against voter ID
- Supports banning religious gatherings over Covid

I could go on and on. Don't know what there is to like about this guy. You know, for someone that is conservative by nature.

If you're a liberal, I could see you would love this guy though
Coke Bear
Rawhide said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Supports denying the right of private businesses to deny service if it conflicts with the owner's religious beliefs
- Supports transgender athletes to compete against other that differ from the assigned sex at birth
- Against voter ID

I could go on and on. Don't know what there is to like about this guy. You know, for someone that is conservative by nature.

cowboycwr
BaylorJacket said:

Andrew Yang, 2020 Presidential Candidate and 2021 NYC Mayor Candidate, has launched a new third party named the Forward Party.

The Forward Party is focused on six-core principles:

In modern American, presidential and congressional elections, unless you live in a swing district, your vote does not matter. They know you'll vote red - they know you'll vote blue - and most importantly, they have no incentive to run on a platform that benefits you, your family, and your community. Their platform can be whatever their donors want, as you're voting for them regardless.

Ranked Choice voting forces both parties to become more moderate, as voters can now openly rank their choices without feeling like their vote is wasted. This solves the "less of two evils" situation that we have seen the past few elections. Currently, candidates are focused on firing up their base instead of building a coalition of support. With RCV, a candidate can no longer win with <50% of votes and will need to tailor their campaign to reach a majority of their audience.

I am not encouraging a change in what political party you identify with, but to simply consider Ranked Choice Voting as a serious option if we ever (hopefully) get to vote on implementing it.

If you would like some more information: Forward Party
I'm not big on the ranked choice system but think we could benefit from something like it if there were a few changes to it.

The rest are things that sound good, ignite the masses, make people "feel" good but don't work in practice.

UBI- just no.

Grace and tolerance- sure this is needed but how do you legislate this into existence?

Human centered capitalism... again sounds good but how does it work/get legislated?

Same for the other items on this list or the longer one of what Yang supports posted above. Many sound good but are hard if not impossible to implement.

Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Interesting that on another thread you claimed to be conservative by nature then turn around say, I really like Yang.

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

First, you're conflating Republican with conservative. Those are not the same, and many things on your list the GOP dislikes are consistent with being conservative.

I won't go through your list, but thank you for taking the time to compile what is surely a fair list of Yang's priorities, and not your personal complaints.

There are serious issues with Yang as a politician, but he seems to be a decent human being, and would actively work to reduce the power of money in politics. As I said, the biggest issue facing America today. The bar is truly that low for me.

I will give up on many political principles to gain something more important to me, basic honesty. Not even complete intellectual honesty, but some basic attempt.

That said, I agree with Doc that if UBI replaced 95% of social welfare spending, and was given to every American over 18 making under 50k or something, I could get behind it. It would reduce the need for government workers tasked with distributing it, and checking on eligibility, which is extremely inefficient. I don't think that's his plan though.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

First, you're conflating Republican with conservative. Those are not the same, and many things on your list the GOP dislikes are consistent with being conservative.

I won't go through your list, but thank you for taking the time to compile what is surely a fair list of Yang's priorities, and not your personal complaints.

There are serious issues with Yang as a politician, but he seems to be a decent human being, and would actively work to reduce the power of money in politics. As I said, the biggest issue facing America today. The bar is truly that low for me.

I will give up on many political principles to gain something more important to me, basic honesty. Not even complete intellectual honesty, but some basic attempt.

That said, I agree with Doc that if UBI replaced 95% of social welfare spending, and was given to every American over 18 making under 50k or something, I could get behind it. It would reduce the need for government workers tasked with distributing it, and checking on eligibility, which is extremely inefficient. I don't think that's his plan though.
I'm not confusing Republican and conservative. If you actually believe that a real conservative would back many things on this list, then you have entirely no idea what conservatives believe and you are not one. Just another liberal trying to pretend that you're not. It's no surprise, most liberals I know have a hard time admitting it.
Canada2017
No
whitetrash
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

IIRC, one of Yang's positions when he was running as a Democrat was to ban circumcision as "genital mutilation".

So he's in favor of cutting the whole thing off, just not the relatively useless part.
Harrison Bergeron
I honestly have not thought that muck about rank voting. I can see where it is attractive but also problematic. The average voter is not smart enough to make a binary choice, so I worry giving them multiple choice.
D. C. Bear
Doc Holliday said:

I would consider UBI under certain conditions:

1.) No new tax created to fund the UBI

2.) Cut the majority of federal welfare programs

Doing it this way would act as a tax cut for most if every single adult receives UBI. It gets the feds hands off filtering tax dollars through inefficient welfare programs.

The majority? Try every one of them. UBI is basically a large tax credit. I would gladly trade it for all the bloated and corrupt federal programs, including Medicare.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Andrew Yang has just left the Democratic Party and proclaims to be an Independent. Bernie Sanders did the same thing years ago. That is all I need to know.

If Kamala Harris had Andrew Yang's likeability, she would be our next President.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

I'm not confusing Republican and conservative. If you actually believe that a real conservative would back many things on this list, then you have entirely no idea what conservatives believe and you are not one. Just another liberal trying to pretend that you're not. It's no surprise, most liberals I know have a hard time admitting it.

You're a Republican, are you not? I'm not surprised you don't understand conservatism. Conservatives vary greatly by time period, nationality, government type. Some conservatives advocate for a lot of economic government intervention, others for very little.

And being an American conservative can also vary greatly, though not as much as you might think. At the core, is upholding traditional values, and sticking with what works. When I think of the traditional values and things that just work well, that made America what it is, I think of the Preamble. That the government exists to promote life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Then, when I think of Republicans, well first I think of Trump's 4 years, and all the idiots talking about lib tearz. Republicans love making sure liberals don't have the rights they want, the freedoms they want, the policies. How is that consistent with the Preamble? It's actually very contrary to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I think of Republicans' backwards stances on social issues like immigration, non-hetero rights. I think about the concept of trickle down economics, which was never early America's goal, to make sure the rich keep getting richer so some will trickle down to the peasants.

I could go on and on, but Republicans are very different from conservatives, but I think they have got themselves such an effective echo chamber that they will never realize it.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

You're a Republican, are you not? I'm not surprised you don't understand conservatism. Conservatives vary greatly by time period, nationality, government type. Some conservatives advocate for a lot of economic government intervention, others for very little.

And being an American conservative can also vary greatly, though not as much as you might think. At the core, is upholding traditional values, and sticking with what works. When I think of the traditional values and things that just work well, that made America what it is, I think of the Preamble. That the government exists to promote life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Then, when I think of Republicans, well first I think of Trump's 4 years, and all the idiots talking about lib tearz. Republicans love making sure liberals don't have the rights they want, the freedoms they want, the policies. How is that consistent with the Preamble? It's actually very contrary to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. I think of Republicans' backwards stances on social issues like immigration, non-hetero rights. I think about the concept of trickle down economics, which was never early America's goal, to make sure the rich keep getting richer so some will trickle down to the peasants.

I could go on and on, but Republicans are very different from conservatives, but I think they have got themselves such an effective echo chamber that they will never realize it.
I'm not a Republican. I'm a Libertarian, that leans somewhat to the right. My two main disagreements with the Libertarian party is the death penalty and more secure borders.

Why are you trying to bring up Republicans? This is about being a conservative, and you're not even close if you believe a real conservative that is for limited gov't would support many things on that small list.

The Republicans that I know, don't have an issue with people immigrating here. They have a problem with people doing it illegally, unchecked and often at the urging of the liberals in DC.

Once again, don't know why you keep bringing up Republicans. So what are you? A "conservative" liberal or something?

I'll ask one more time. Name the things on that list that you, as a conservative, support and why.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

I'm not a Republican. I'm a Libertarian, that leans somewhat to the right. My two main disagreements with the Libertarian party is the death penalty and more secure borders.

Why are you trying to bring up Republicans? This is about being a conservative, and you're not even close if you believe a real conservative that is for limited gov't would support many things on that small list.

The Republicans that I know, don't have an issue with people immigrating here. They have a problem with people doing it illegally, unchecked and often at the urging of the liberals in DC.

Once again, don't know why you keep bringing up Republicans. So what are you? A "conservative" liberal or something?

I'll ask one more time. Name the things on that list that you, as a conservative, support and why.

You just sound like a Republican. I cannot recall you ever sounding like a libertarian, so I just assumed you were one of the many Repubs here. I might be able to tell you which of those things are easy for a conservative later.

The first 3 I see are eliminating private prisons, paid leave if that's referring to maternity leave for both parents, tax carbon emissions. I'm just not going to spend any more time on it tonight.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

You just sound like a Republican. I cannot recall you ever sounding like a libertarian, so I just assumed you were one of the many Repubs here. I might be able to tell you which of those things are easy for a conservative later.

The first 3 I see are eliminating private prisons, paid leave if that's referring to maternity leave for both parents, tax carbon emissions. I'm just not going to spend any more time on it tonight.
Typically conservatives are tougher on crime and more prison beds. I've NEVER heard a conservative gripe about private prisons. As a matter of fact, I've heard conservatives complain there's not enough of them.

Typically conservatives think paid leave is good, as long as it's not mandated by federal gov't. Your traditional conservatives wants less gov't in their daily life, the lives of their children and in their businesses. It's not a platform this day and age that they run on. However, if the gov't is going to mandate for new mothers, then new fathers deserve the same treatment. So I give you a 1/2 star on that one.

Conservatives are pro-growth, pro-energy and anti-tax. They do not support taxes on carbon emissions. Nice try though. Hell, the carbon tax is nothing new. Clinton tried it and faced heavy opposition from conservatives and even moderate democrats. It got replaced with the (now) infamous gas tax. Now, some Republicans in this day and age may be for it, but just because someone is a Republican doesn't mean they are actually a conservative. Especially this day and age, which is one reason why Trump got elected in the first place. Too
many conservatives fed up the BS from Washington Republicans the last few decades. They weren't about to vote for a run-of-the-mill BS artist do nothing Republican in the Primaries. Hence, the rise of Trump.

You can recall me ever sound like a Libertarian? You must have a short memory.

But like I said, a real conservative would never vote for Andrew Yang.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

Typically conservatives are tougher on crime and more prison beds. I've NEVER heard a conservative gripe about private prisons. As a matter of fact, I've heard conservatives complain there's not enough of them.

Typically conservatives think paid leave is good, as long as it's not mandated by federal gov't. Your traditional conservatives wants less gov't in their daily life, the lives of their children and in their businesses. It's not a platform this day and age that they run on. However, if the gov't is going to mandate for new mothers, then new fathers deserve the same treatment. So I give you a 1/2 star on that one.

Conservatives are pro-growth, pro-energy and anti-tax. They do not support taxes on carbon emissions. Nice try though. Hell, the carbon tax is nothing new. Clinton tried it and faced heavy opposition from conservatives and even moderate democrats. It got replaced with the (now) infamous gas tax. Now, some Republicans in this day and age may be for it, but just because someone is a Republican doesn't mean they are actually a conservative. Especially this day and age, which is one reason why Trump got elected in the first place. Too
many conservatives fed up the BS from Washington Republicans the last few decades. They weren't about to vote for a run-of-the-mill BS artist do nothing Republican in the Primaries. Hence, the rise of Trump.

You are really falling apart. Being anti crime means being pro private prisons? I can't even argue with such a logical disconnect.

Paid maternity leave is necessary, for 2 main reasons. First, we are not producing enough children. Intelligent people especially are not having children. It can be a career killer in many fields, is one big reason. We need to protect the family unit, and not breed society out of intelligent people. In today's terms, that means making sure employers aren't punishing people who have children.

And both parents should be getting equal maternity leave, to be taken either concurrently or back to back. Fairness, equality, but mostly practicality. Having a kid is really hard for 2 people who both work full time. Even Republicans want adults working full time, right?

Carbon emission tax is not the only tax I'd support, but again you're touting the Republican line, not conservative. Government is tasked with planning not only for today, but for tomorrow. Society's greatest charge is preparing the next generation for the future.

We are fast outgrowing our planet, but that doesn't mean we have to kill it. We have a duty to make sure as much of it is still here 10, 100, 1,000 years from now, as possible. Accelerating and worsening the scope of climate change is the single biggest component of that, that we can influence.

The government will need to spend more and more money on environmental conservation, and it is only fair and equitable that those harming it the most be taxed for it.

What could be more pro-"life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" than ensuring this beautiful earth is still here in all its glory for generations to come?

I don't for a second believe you're libertarian. You vote firmly Republican, that's clear.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

You are really falling apart. Being anti crime means being pro private prisons? I can't even argue with such a logical disconnect. I think you missed the part where I said, my conservative have complained about there not being enough prisons. Not one has griped about them private.

Paid maternity leave is necessary, for 2 main reasons. First, we are not producing enough children. Intelligent people especially are not having children. It can be a career killer in many fields, is one big reason. We need to protect the family unit, and not breed society out of intelligent people. In today's terms, that means making sure employers aren't punishing people who have children.

And both parents should be getting equal maternity leave, to be taken either concurrently or back to back. Fairness, equality, but mostly practicality. Having a kid is really hard for 2 people who both work full time. Even Republicans want adults working full time, right? I gave you half a star

Carbon emission tax is not the only tax I'd support, but again you're touting the Republican line, not conservative. Government is tasked with planning not only for today, but for tomorrow. Society's greatest charge is preparing the next generation for the future. Conservatives are NOT for higher taxes. I don't know why you have such a hard time accepting that fact.

We are fast outgrowing our planet, but that doesn't mean we have to kill it. We have a duty to make sure as much of it is still here 10, 100, 1,000 years from now, as possible. Accelerating and worsening the scope of climate change is the single biggest component of that, that we can influence. Great, so you stated your opinion (as a non conservative). Conservatives think we shouldn't trash the planet, but quickly oppose more gov't regulation that trample on private property rights.

The government will need to spend more and more money on environmental conservation, and it is only fair and equitable that those harming it the most be taxed for it. Once again, your making your argument. Not the argument of conservatives.

What could be more pro-"life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" than ensuring this beautiful earth is still here in all its glory for generations to come? Again.

I don't for a second believe you're libertarian. You vote firmly Republican, that's clear. That's okay, because I don't believe for one second that you're a conservative.
Oldbear83
The problem for Libertarians, I believe, is that like it or not we are effectively given only one choice, X or Y.

2020 Biden or Trump, for example. No real option if you don't like either of them.
2016 Hillary or Trump, same situation.
2012 Obama or Romney
2008 Obama or McCain
2004 Kerry or W
2000 Gore or W
1996 Bubba or Dole
1992 Bubba or HW Bush

and the Senate and House races are much the same. Vote for the lesser evil or throw your vote away.

Yaaay?
Coke Bear
Porteroso said:

We are fast outgrowing our planet, but that doesn't mean we have to kill it. We have a duty to make sure as much of it is still here 10, 100, 1,000 years from now, as possible. Accelerating and worsening the scope of climate change is the single biggest component of that, that we can influence.
This is a myth. We have more than enough natural resources to sustain ourselves and more. The world's population growth is slowing down. Even if was accelerating, our planet could sustain it.

We need better distribution of those resources.

I won't discuss climate change because it is real; however, I'm sure you and I will completely disagree about how much is man-made.

I will agree that we have a responsibility to take care of our environment for the children of the future which means clean air, water, and land.
Oldbear83
Coke Bear: "I won't discuss climate change because it is real;"

The problem is not whether the weather changes, it's about accurate forecasts and addressing actual threats. The big complaint I have against most of the noise is that it is just using the issue for politics.

Crap like carbon tax, regulations which do not affect CO2 or temperatures at all, dire forecasts which never come close to being accurate, and of course hypocrisy all over the place, like the Obamas promising the coasts will flood soon, but they buy a $10 million property on the coast anyway?

Coke Bear
Oldbear83 said:

The problem is not whether the weather changes, it's about accurate forecasts and addressing actual threats. The big complaint I have against most of the noise is that it is just using the issue for politics.

Crap like carbon tax, regulations which do not affect CO2 or temperatures at all, dire forecasts which never come close to being accurate, and of course hypocrisy all over the place, like the Obamas promising the coasts will flood soon, but they buy a $10 million property on the coast anyway?
One interesting fact that I learned yesterday is that due to wobble of the moon's orbit, there are certain times when it aligns with the earth's equator during the 2030's.

This will create more flooring due to the moon's gravitational effects on the tides during this period.
Doc Holliday
Coke Bear said:

Oldbear83 said:

One interesting fact that I learned yesterday is that due to wobble of the moon's orbit, there are certain times when it aligns with the earth's equator during the 2030's.

This will create more flooring due to the moon's gravitational effects on the tides during this period.
No its climate change so you have to stop eating meat and pay tens of thousands more per year and the same people who can't manage the DMV can prevent this from happening.
Porteroso
Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

You are really falling apart. Being anti crime means being pro private prisons? I can't even argue with such a logical disconnect. I think you missed the part where I said, my conservative have complained about there not being enough prisons. Not one has griped about them private.

And both parents should be getting equal maternity leave, to be taken either concurrently or back to back. Fairness, equality, but mostly practicality. Having a kid is really hard for 2 people who both work full time. Even Republicans want adults working full time, right? I gave you half a star

Carbon emission tax is not the only tax I'd support, but again you're touting the Republican line, not conservative. Government is tasked with planning not only for today, but for tomorrow. Society's greatest charge is preparing the next generation for the future. Conservatives are NOT for higher taxes. I don't know why you have such a hard time accepting that fact.

We are fast outgrowing our planet, but that doesn't mean we have to kill it. We have a duty to make sure as much of it is still here 10, 100, 1,000 years from now, as possible. Accelerating and worsening the scope of climate change is the single biggest component of that, that we can influence. Great, so you stated your opinion (as a non conservative). Conservatives think we shouldn't trash the planet, but quickly oppose more gov't regulation that trample on private property rights.

The government will need to spend more and more money on environmental conservation, and it is only fair and equitable that those harming it the most be taxed for it. Once again, your making your argument. Not the argument of conservatives.

What could be more pro-"life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" than ensuring this beautiful earth is still here in all its glory for generations to come? Again.

I don't for a second believe you're libertarian. You vote firmly Republican, that's clear. That's okay, because I don't believe for one second that you're a conservative.

So let me get this straight, sticking with the Constitution is not a basis for developing conservative philosophy, conservatives have to oppose all taxes, conservatives have to demand more prisons, and paid maternity leave might halfway be ok.

It just really sounds like you think conservatives are synonymous with Republicans, and have no idea that there can be a variety of conservative beliefs.
Oldbear83
Anyone here think Porteroso has any opinions in line with, say, George Washington or John Adams?
BaylorJacket
Oldbear83 said:

Anyone here think Porteroso has any opinions in line with, say, George Washington or John Adams?

George Washington could not be farther away ideologically from the modern Republican Party (and the Democratic Party as well)
Oldbear83
BaylorJacket said:

Oldbear83 said:

George Washington could not be farther away ideologically from the modern Republican Party (and the Democratic Party as well)
One is worse than the other. Much worse.
Whiskey Pete
Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

Rawhide said:

Porteroso said:

- Universal Basic Income
- Tax carbon emissions
- Legalizing Marijuana
- Against voter ID

So let me get this straight, sticking with the Constitution is not a basis for developing conservative philosophy, conservatives have to oppose all taxes, conservatives have to demand more prisons, and paid maternity leave might halfway be ok. You need tutoring for comprehension. Conservatives are typically against bigger gov't and especially bigger government (and regulation) through additional taxes. It's really not that hard.

It just really sounds like you think conservatives are synonymous with Republicans, and have no idea that there can be a variety of conservative beliefs. You're the one that keeps bringing up Republicans. I've already told you once, maybe you didn't understand the first time. Just someone may be a Republican doesn't mean they are conservative, especially this day an age. You keep confusing the two.
I don't know what makes you believe you're a conservative, if you believe it at all. Sounds like to me that you're nothing more than another liberal pretending to be conservative in hopes to appeal to the board's non-libbies in attempt to be appear more credible for you leftist arguments, hoping to change minds.

**Newsflash** that tactic by the left is tried over and over and over and over. It doesn't work.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.