Carroll ISD advises teachers to provide opposing view of Holocaust

2,233 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Oldbear83
boognish_bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Canada2017
My late father in law always believed the Nazi death camps were fake......a Hollywood propaganda production .

Even when I showed him original British army films of the camps......with thousands of unburied corpses still lying on the ground....he said it was all lies.

Of course over a million German civilians were massacred by the Russians in the final stages of the war. Thousands more were raped. . Rarely read anything about it .

Tens of thousands of German POW's died of starvation, disease and exposure while in US, British and French prison camps.....long after the war was over. Almost never read about that .

Just as with the Civil War....the winners write the vast majority of the history books .

EatMoreSalmon
German POW's in Arkansas helped provide labor for local farms, including my grandfather's. My mother remembered them well. The ones she saw were not malnourished. I can't vouch for any Brit or French camps. They certainly had more rationalization opportunities to be less merciful.

This requirement for alternative views of the holocaust, however, is disturbing if it requires the view that it did not happen.
Porteroso
Happens every once in a while. Parents at that ISD will have to get the admin in check.
boognish_bear
Damage control in effect

Canada2017
EatMoreSalmon said:

German POW's in Arkansas helped provide labor for local farms, including my grandfather's. My mother remembered them well. The ones she saw were not malnourished. I can't vouch for any Brit or French camps.

The abuse of German POW's occurred almost exclusively on the European continent. Eisenhower bares a ton of responsibility for what happened…….and the French were particularly brutal .

German POW's in camps located in the United States were treated extremely well . Many Germans wrote home to say they were better fed than civilians back in Germany . Reportedly black US army troops guarding the prisoners complained that locals treated the Germans better than them .

Redbrickbear
Canada2017 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

German POW's in Arkansas helped provide labor for local farms, including my grandfather's. My mother remembered them well. The ones she saw were not malnourished. I can't vouch for any Brit or French camps.

The abuse of German POW's occurred almost exclusively on the European continent. Eisenhower bares a ton of responsibility for what happened…….and the French were particularly brutal .

German POW's in camps located in the United States were treated extremely well . Many Germans wrote home to say they were better fed than civilians back in Germany . Reportedly black US army troops guarding the prisoners complained that locals treated the Germans better than them .

My material grandfather ran a Axis (mostly German/ but some Italian soldiers) POW camp near Mexia. Almost all had been taken prisoner during the North African and Italy campaigns.

He respected the heck out of those soldiers.

We still have in the family a painting of my grandmother (grandfather's girlfriend at the time) portrait painted by a German officer who went to school for art in Hamburg pre-war.

My grandmother came on camp often to see my grandfather for lunch (basically dates)...and the guy went over to my granddad and asked if he could paint a head portrait of her. She agreed to sit for it and we still have it!
Canada2017
Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

My material grandfather ran a Axis (mostly German/ but some Italian soldiers) POW camp near Mexia.

We still have in the family a painting of my grandmother (grandfather's girlfriend at the time) portrait painted by a German officer who went to school for art in Hamburg pre-war.

My grandmother came on camp often to see my grandfather for lunch (basically dates)...and the guy went over to my granddad and asked if he could paint a head portrait of her. She agreed to sit for it and we still have it!
That is very cool.

My Dad's best friend after the war was a former German solder who surrendered to the Americans rather than the Russians . This guy ( his name was Paul ) then moved to the United States with his wife.

Paul told me all kinds of war stories from the German perspective . The one that made the biggest impression was Paul's account that the Russian civilians initially treated the invading German army as ' liberators from Stalin's brutality '. He said ' If we had just treated the Russian people decently we could have walked to Moscow unopposed '.

Porteroso
Canada2017 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

My material grandfather ran a Axis (mostly German/ but some Italian soldiers) POW camp near Mexia.

That is very cool.

My Dad's best friend after the war was a former German solder who surrendered to the Americans rather than the Russians . This guy ( his name was Paul ) then moved to the United States with his wife.

Paul told me all kinds of war stories from the German perspective . The one that made the biggest impression was Paul's account that the Russian civilians initially treated the invading German army as ' liberators from Stalin's brutality '. He said ' If we had just treated the Russian people decently we could have walked to Moscow unopposed '.

Yeah, that's crazy, right? Maybe people just want to be treated respectfully. Do you think the 6 million Jews thought so, or just the Nazi liberators of Moscow?
drahthaar
My uncle, who lived in Waco, was the first American officer into Dachau. If the preservers if history are a noble as its makers, then the ignorant or deniers of history are a threat to free life everywhere.
HuMcK
This is what people warned about when we started passing laws over "CRT". As if teachers weren't stressed enough already, now they are supposed to personally vet every book in their elementary classrooms, in between getting shouted at by angry white people over something they saw on Facebook?

Republicans are in open warfare against public education and the people who run it. This meeting full of chaos and confused teachers, afraid to say things for fear of reprisal due to a (purposefully) vague new censorship law, is exactly what was intended.
boognish_bear
This is from last week when the Carroll school board reprimanded a teacher for a book in her classroom library

bularry
Canada2017 said:

Of course over a million German civilians were massacred by the Russians in the final stages of the war. Thousands more were raped. . Rarely read anything about it .

Tens of thousands of German POW's died of starvation, disease and exposure while in US, British and French prison camps.....long after the war was over. Almost never read about that .

To your first paragraph, anyone that has knowledge of the war knows that. and it happened because of the trail of similar destruction the Germans left on their march east.

to your second paragraph, that is simply not true. Please point me to your reference for that piece of history.
Canon
HuMcK said:

This is what people warned about when we started passing laws over "CRT". As if teachers weren't stressed enough already, now they are supposed to personally vet every book in their elementary classrooms, in between getting shouted at by angry white people over something they saw on Facebook?

Republicans are in open warfare against public education and the people who run it. This meeting full of chaos and confused teachers, afraid to say things for fear of reprisal due to a (purposefully) vague new censorship law, is exactly what was intended.

People warned against non-public conversations where people misspeak (or a leftist administrator caricatures the law) and are immediately and explicitly corrected in public to dispel any notion that the misspeak (or caricature of the actual law) is or would ever be policy?

Thanks for the warning.
Canada2017
Porteroso said:

Canada2017 said:

Redbrickbear said:

Canada2017 said:

EatMoreSalmon said:

That is very cool.

Yeah, that's crazy, right? Maybe people just want to be treated respectfully. Do you think the 6 million Jews thought so, or just the Nazi liberators of Moscow?
You are consistently clueless on almost every topic and rarely worth communicating with...but here goes.

Stalin had been executing thousands of his own people for years before the war. Intentionally starved to death 2-3 million and exiled tens of thousands to the Siberian gulags . When Russia occupied the eastern half of Poland early in the war Stalin ordered the immediate execution of over 6000 captured Polish officers. When the Germans discovered the mass graves Hitler had the international Red Cross investigate the site to confirm Russian complicity . Stalin was psychopath ........the Russian people were terrified of him.

Paul mentioned how over 400,000 RUSSIANS joined the German army. ( double checked this as I found it so hard to believe. BTW at the end of the war Stalin executed each and every one of these men )

I asked Paul what changed the attitude of the Russian people toward the invading German army .
' Our stupid SS units began rounding up villagers and executing them...by the thousands . So naturally they began fighting us to the death. '

BTW Paul also mentioned he always saw a huge amount of AMERICAN equipment captured from the Russians ...especially trucks and artillery pieces. Without such American aid Paul believed the Russian army would have collapsed .

Oldbear83
What-if scenarios always generate noise. And war is pretty much awful for everyone involved.

It should be pretty obvious that Hitler and Stalin were both evil monsters, who put their people through a meat grinder for a decade or more of suffering.

I'm sure the people of Ukraine, Poland, etc. would have loved the option of being British, American, and so on, but they were left with the classic dilemma of choosing a lesser evil and with guns pointed at them to boot.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
Mistreatment of German POWs has nothing to do with whether the Holocaust was a fact. Both could occur, and one wouldn't justify the other
Canada2017
bularry said:

Canada2017 said:

To your first paragraph, anyone that has knowledge of the war knows that. and it happened because of the trail of similar destruction the Germans left on their march east.

to your second paragraph, that is simply not true. Please point me to your reference for that piece of history.
A. Not exactly. The majority of historians have ignored the massive expulsion imposed on millions of German civilians in what had been eastern Germany AFTER the war. was over. At least a million German civilians died during this regional 'cleansing ' from summary executions, exposure and malnutrition .

B. It is absolutely true . Such information only became available over the last 25 years. You can find it...or not.
The French and British had German POW's digging up old mine fields with only their bare hands. Hundreds were killed every month . Eisenhower ( and I like the guy ) never established decent POW camps for the Germans. Thousands died from exposure, disease and basic neglect. BTW Germany was on the edge of total starvation for 2-3 years following the war as the country had literally been torn apart.

C. Something else you may not choose to believe. American troops occupying Japan at the conclusion of the war......raped over 50,000 Japanese women within 2 years. It was so rampant local Japanese officials organized hundreds of brothels with 'volunteer' women to 'help' with the problem . Like Germany...Japan also suffered from a basic lack of food for almost four years following the end of the war.
Canada2017
Osodecentx said:

Mistreatment of German POWs has nothing to do with whether the Holocaust was a fact. Both could occur, and one wouldn't justify the other
Agreed

Merely attempting to point out.......... winners dictate the version of 'history' that people think they know.

And Stalin was every bit of a psychotic murderer as Adolf Hitler. Stalin was just on the winning side.
ABC BEAR
When the death camps were liberated, Eisenhower ordered German civilians and Allied troops to walk through the camps and for Signal Corps photographers to take phots and movie reels of the camps as they were found by the liberating armies. He understood that Holocaust deniers would be prevalent both short term and long term and that overwhelming proof is best way to counter doubters and liars.

Ike had an enormous capacity for understanding human nature and motives.

Wrecks Quan Dough
HuMcK said:

Republicans are in open warfare against public education and the people who run it.
It is about time.
Canon
Amal Shuq-Up said:

HuMcK said:

Republicans are in open warfare against public education and the people who run it.
It is about time.

Well passed time.
Forest Bueller_bf
Diversity and inclusion even diversity implementation is great.

Another little book with the intent to separate us into each "box",

including the "Upper middle class, white, athletic, cisgender, dominant culture box"

Is mind numbing and bigoted. You aren't born into a "box".

Wrecks Quan Dough
Forest Bueller_bf said:

Diversity and inclusion even diversity implementation is great.

Another little book with the intent to separate us into each "box",

including the "Upper middle class, white, athletic, cisgender, dominant culture box"

Is mind numbing and bigoted. You aren't born into a "box".

Right on, Forest.
boognish_bear
ilbb990912

Japanese practiced horrible war crimes on a huge scale...
Coke Bear
Canada2017 said:

I'm not saying that their treatment was right, but I can understand why the French may have been like that.

Canada2017 said:

I've ready similar accounts. We know why we have so many German settlements in Texas after the war. They loved it here.
Canon
boognish_bear said:

Meanwhile the Loudon county school superintendent continues to lie about the rape/sexual assaults of students which they covered up….because tr@nn13$.
Canada2017
ilbb990912 said:

Which is why the Japanese are still hated in many parts of China, South Korea, Indonesia, the Philippines and Thailand .
perrynative
Coke Bear said:

Canada2017 said:

I'm not saying that their treatment was right, but I can understand why the French may have been like that.

Canada2017 said:

I've ready similar accounts. We know why we have so many German settlements in Texas after the war. They loved it here.

LOL
Redbrickbear
ilbb990912 said:

The Japanese army killed at least 14 million (if not more) Chinese civilians during the war.

Far more than the 5-6 million Jews killed by the Nazi regime.

And they didn't do it in secret like the Nazis.
Oldbear83
Redbrickbear said:

ilbb990912 said:

The Japanese army killed at least 14 million (if not more) Chinese civilians during the war.

Far more than the 5-6 million Jews killed by the Nazi regime.

And they didn't do it in secret like the Nazis.
The rapes, slavery, and human experimentation were far worse by the Japanese
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.