California Declining

3,815 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by EatMoreSalmon
OsoCoreyell
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What an absolute hell-hole. Rampant homelessness and vagrancy, outrageous tax-burden, state government captured by the public employees, lawlessness, lack of personal safety, and now…endemic smash and grab heists in plain daylight. Get out while you can.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/11/23/la-luxury-mall-latest-to-be-hit-by-smash-and-grab-thieves/

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
This is the way they want to live. This was evidenced by their 70 to 30 percent vote to keep Governor Gavin Newsom in his recall election. People get the government they deserve. I don't feel sorry for them one bit. They literally asked for it and continue to ask for it.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
muddybrazos

Oh look, after working to help make California what is has become Nancy has decided to move to one of the best states. Obviously, she doesnt want to pay the taxes that she advocated for. Also, she is very well aware that AGW is a scam.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf
muddybrazos said:

Oh look, after working to help make California what is has become Nancy has decided to move to one of the best states. Obviously, she doesnt want to pay the taxes that she advocated for. Also, she is very well aware that AGW is a scam.
Well all that water should be in her kitchen within a few years, so if she actually believes the garbage she shovels she wouldn't be there.
Jack Bauer
Forest Bueller_bf said:

muddybrazos said:

Well all that water should be in her kitchen within a few years, so if she actually believes the garbage she shovels she wouldn't be there.

11k square foot home for 1-2 people?

How do you take these people seriously when they shout doom and gloom about the planet?

Barack Obama's home on Martha's Vineyard
ABC BEAR
muddybrazos said:

I recognize that place. It's next door to Mar-A-Lago.
bearhouse
https://tenor.com/view/warm-thoughts-from-the-west-coast-california-surfing-surfboard-the-beach-gif-13392898

Apparently, my high taxes need to fund my learning to post GIFs. Oh well.
TrojanMoondoggie
I guess she found that wearing a mask in a beauty parlor was just too much of a pain. Her nephew certainly doesn't like wearing them to swank parties either.

Only a Democrat could ruin a state like CA. A state with a climate and natural beauty, along with agricultural regions, that should keep it up there among the world economies of actual countries. And CA was up there for a very long time. Doing just that. It was so full-proof that it was still able to survive for many decades, despite what the liberals were doing to it.

Not any longer. It's caught up with them.

Though CA has had this strong set of built-in, naturally-occurring benefits that make it a shoo-in for an amazing economy, it just can't hold on indefinitiely. You almost have to go out of your way to destroy such a place. And they have now officially made it happen.

The sad part is many of the people who keep voting this nonsense into power are the very ones who can afford their policies the least.
OsoCoreyell
Americans generally get the government they deserve…good and hard.
JXL
muddybrazos said:

It's being reported that this story is incorrect.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/florida/fl-ne-nancy-pelosi-florida-property-20211124-gf27uovbzzbbrbzqlipes36agi-story.html
bearhouse
TrojanMoondoggie said:

I guess she found that wearing a mask in a beauty parlor was just too much of a pain. Her nephew certainly doesn't like wearing them to swank parties either.

Only a Democrat could ruin a state like CA. A state with a climate and natural beauty, along with agricultural regions, that should keep it up there among the world economies of actual countries. And CA was up there for a very long time. Doing just that. It was so full-proof that it was still able to survive for many decades, despite what the liberals were doing to it.

Though CA has had this strong set of built-in, naturally-occurring benefits that make it a shoo-in for an amazing economy, it just can't hold on indefinitiely. You almost have to go out of your way to destroy such a place. And they have now officially made it happen.

The sad part is many of the people who keep voting this nonsense into power are the very ones who can afford their policies the least.
The reports of California's death are greatly exaggerated. :-)
OsoCoreyell
bearhouse said:

TrojanMoondoggie said:

The reports of California's death are greatly exaggerated. :-)
Demise? Haven't seen that. Decline? Seems unarguable.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
My middle son and his Japanese bride and their three Japanese/Redneck children love their life in Los Altos, a suburb of San Francisco.

I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
9b1deb4d-3b7d-4bad-9bdd-2
Yep, just spent some time in wine country and then Tahoe. Total 3rd world country. They did not chill their reds. Stay away
Oldbear83
Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

My middle son and his Japanese bride and their three Japanese/Redneck children love their life in Los Altos, a suburb of San Francisco.

Serious question. How are house prices in Los Altos compared to SF? My sister in law has a son making $120k a year but says living in SF means he can't save money at all.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Wrecks Quan Dough
clubhi said:

Yep, just spent some time in wine country and then Tahoe. Total 3rd world country. They did not chill their reds. Stay away

Only barbarians and knuckleheads chill reds. C'est terrible.
Jack Bauer
OsoCoreyell
clubhi said:

My bad. Everything is good in Cali.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Oldbear83 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

Serious question. How are house prices in Los Altos compared to SF? My sister in law has a son making $120k a year but says living in SF means he can't save money at all.
All I know is Los Al;tos is expensive. His present house costs three times more than the last house I owned. He met his future wife in Michigan law school and they both lawyered in Colorado for a while. He got a boring corporate job in San Fran and started his family. His wife now stays at home and takes care of the babies while he works. Probably the only think I ever taught him that stuck.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Oldbear83
Thanks LIQR. In-Laws always seem to talk way more than they listen.
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Osodecentx
JXL said:

muddybrazos said:

It's being reported that this story is incorrect.

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/florida/fl-ne-nancy-pelosi-florida-property-20211124-gf27uovbzzbbrbzqlipes36agi-story.html
Boys, it's fake news
bularry
ha ha ha ha ha, of course it is
FormerFlash
clubhi said:

Who chills red wine?
Wrecks Quan Dough
FormerFlash said:

clubhi said:

Who chills red wine?
Only barbarians, knuckleheads, and restaurants trying to extend the drinkable life of an opened, unsold bottle.
J.R.
FormerFlash said:

clubhi said:

Who chills red wine?
I do!! What is meant by that is most red wine is served entirely too warm. Many and I mean most restaurants server red way too hot and conversely serve white wine too cold. Red should be served at 55-70 degrees . White (mostly) sb served at around 45-50. Nothing worse than going to a restaurant in warmer climates in the summer and get a bottle red that is at bathwater temp.
muddybrazos
J.R. said:

FormerFlash said:

clubhi said:

Who chills red wine?
I do!! What is meant by that is most red wine is served entirely too warm. Many and I mean most restaurants server red way too hot and conversely serve white wine too cold. Red should be served at 55-70 degrees . White (mostly) sb served at around 45-50. Nothing worse than going to a restaurant in warmer climates in the summer and get a bottle red that is at bathwater temp.
Riunite on ice, riunite so nice!
Mitch Blood Green
My office is in Santa Barbara. Although, I see a significant amount of homelessness in California (SF, LA) I'm starting to see it everywhere (Tulsa, Chicago, Dallas).

Cobretti
Study finds drop in people coming to California since start of pandemic
Redbrickbear
Cobretti said:

Study finds drop in people coming to California since start of pandemic
I think for the first time since the 1850's more people are moving out of California than moving in.
Cobretti
U-Haul Literally Ran Out of Trucks Leaving California
Jack Bauer
Jack Bauer
"I'm asking myself, what the hell is going on? - Gavin Newsom

Gavin Newsom has been the Governor or Lt Governor of California for the last 11 years. Who else should own these problems?
Cobretti
Cobretti
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.