Baylor Football

Fast Friday: Thursday's open scrimmage recap and more

April 13, 2018
3,799

In this edition of Fast Friday, hosts Craig Smoak and Grayson Grundhoefer dig into Baylor football's 20-minute scrimmage available to the media on Thursday afternoon to start practice and more. 

  •  Recapping media session with assistant coaches Fran Brown and Evan Cooper and Baylor defensive backs Grayland Arnold, Jameson Houston and Verdedrick Vaughns.
  • Grayson and Craig dissect the scrimmage available to the media on Thursday afternoon to begin practice.
  • Recruiting update on defender Tyrone Brown‍, out of state offensive line visitor Jack Stewart‍ and Oklahoma speedster Jamie Nance‍. 
  • MAILBAG!
Discussion from...

Fast Friday: Thursday's open scrimmage recap and more

BearOnGlade
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks for doing these for those of us who don't get to see practices.

Excited to see what this defense does this fall and I think we can count on them improving at least a touchdown per game. Obviously the big concern is going to be the O-Line. I know Blackmar/Malin/Valentin aren't in there and having those guys back at worst improves the depth but if we can't move the all on the ground we are not winning more than 5 games next year.

Of the WRs out, do we anticipate having them all ready to go in the fall? With Gavin Holmes blowing his ACL late in the season, not sure if he'll be ready for camp or if he's just going to redshirt.
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
BearOnGlade said:

Thanks for doing these for those of us who don't get to see practices.

Excited to see what this defense does this fall and I think we can count on them improving at least a touchdown per game. Obviously the big concern is going to be the O-Line. I know Blackmar/Malin/Valentin aren't in there and having those guys back at worst improves the depth but if we can't move the all on the ground we are not winning more than 5 games next year.

Of the WRs out, do we anticipate having them all ready to go in the fall? With Gavin Holmes blowing his ACL late in the season, not sure if he'll be ready for camp or if he's just going to redshirt.
The only WR that could be out is Holmes, but his recovery time should have him return.
ImwithBU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Ethridge said:

BearOnGlade said:

Thanks for doing these for those of us who don't get to see practices.

Excited to see what this defense does this fall and I think we can count on them improving at least a touchdown per game. Obviously the big concern is going to be the O-Line. I know Blackmar/Malin/Valentin aren't in there and having those guys back at worst improves the depth but if we can't move the all on the ground we are not winning more than 5 games next year.

Of the WRs out, do we anticipate having them all ready to go in the fall? With Gavin Holmes blowing his ACL late in the season, not sure if he'll be ready for camp or if he's just going to redshirt.
The only WR that could be out is Holmes, but his recovery time should have him return.


Should just redshirt him and give him a chance to recover well. With Mims Platt and if Hurd turns out to fit the hype he will get very few balls anyway. No use in waiting him in a 6 to 8 win team (Yea I'm hopeful with 8 wins and Rhule guaranteed 6 wins)
Brian Ethridge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
ImwithBU said:

Brian Ethridge said:

BearOnGlade said:

Thanks for doing these for those of us who don't get to see practices.

Excited to see what this defense does this fall and I think we can count on them improving at least a touchdown per game. Obviously the big concern is going to be the O-Line. I know Blackmar/Malin/Valentin aren't in there and having those guys back at worst improves the depth but if we can't move the all on the ground we are not winning more than 5 games next year.

Of the WRs out, do we anticipate having them all ready to go in the fall? With Gavin Holmes blowing his ACL late in the season, not sure if he'll be ready for camp or if he's just going to redshirt.
The only WR that could be out is Holmes, but his recovery time should have him return.


Should just redshirt him and give him a chance to recover well. With Mims Platt and if Hurd turns out to fit the hype he will get very few balls anyway. No use in waiting him in a 6 to 8 win team (Yea I'm hopeful with 8 wins and Rhule guaranteed 6 wins)


I agree in that I hope he can redshirt, but he was making plays prior to his injury.
Page 1 of 1
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.