Football
Sponsored by

SMU is hiring Baylor's Connor Morgan as its new director of player personnel,

1,130 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by BUATX2000
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
parch
Before people lose their minds (again), here's what he was actually doing at Baylor:

Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Establish a data bank of prospects utilizing varied recruiting services; evaluate and rank prospects accordingly; based on recruiting rubric; analyze and gather information on all high school prospects with the permissible resources available; generate video profiles for all top prospects; generate Offensive and Defensive Hudl/Recruit.co CutUps; generate all Junior College Hudl/Recruit.co CutUps; maintain all recruiting databases in (underclassman, tracking football); maintain and update current and future roster big board; conduct recruiting research and prepare statistical reports; analyze national trends in recruiting; assist with management of the Transfer Portal; compile daily list of names that entered the Transfer Portal; conduct recruiting research and prepare statistical reports; assist with management of graduate assistant and student assistants; create weekly informational reports relative to the recruitment process for prospective student-athletes; stay abreast of NCAA, Big 12 and University rules and regulations pertaining to initial eligibility and recruitment; assist with all Official/Unofficial visits, Junior Days, Camps and all Game Day recruiting; assist organize and participate in all recruiting functions; collaborate with the planning and execution of the twelve (12) month vision of the recruiting calendar (mail, video, graphics, social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.); and perform other related duties as assigned.
Daveisabovereproach
There are like two staff members on or off the field that Dave has where I would be upset if we lost them. Not a lot of known commodities in the program
cowboycwr
Sounds like his position is one that schools would cut from some of the things I have read if the players become full employees and the money has to be found to pay them.
BUATX2000
cowboycwr said:

Sounds like his position is one that schools would cut from some of the things I have read if the players become full employees and the money has to be found to pay them.

Interestingly if this happens across the board, I think that opens the door for a slew of more reputable scouting services to help schools evaluate talent. "Who's coming with me?" - Jerry Maguire
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.