Gen. Mark Milley

10,672 Views | 166 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Redbrickbear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Limited IQ Redneck in PU said:

It looks like you are back on the Trump train. I thought you said a while back you would ne er vote for him again.
Not sure I said that. I was all in for DeSantis. Will vote for Trump again when he locks up the nomination. We have all been instructed that America wants Biden or Trump, so be it.

I still don't think China Joe crosses the finish line. He will pardon himself and his son on his way to Memory Care. The Cafeteria Czar will be the Dem nominee. Kamala is gonna be pissed but the Dems will pay her handsomely to go away and S T F U.
I might have been thinking of someone else.

I think nominating Trump is the best way to insure we have a Dem president. Somebody posted earlier a graph showing a 3rd party would cause B/dem to win.
Redbrickbear
Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

Here is a war hero that saw "real" combat with an opinion on one of the leaders of your cult:

That person is not a hero nor was his admiral father. His father covered up the attack on the USS Liberty and we all know Mccain was a neocon warmonger that sold out this country.
Can you draw a timeline of when he was and wasn't a hero for us?

Just about the moment he got out of prison and left the USA military. He was a prisoner of war for 5.5 years, 2 of which he spent in solitary confinement. He showed real bravery there and even turned down a chance to get out earlier because he was an Admirals kid (VIP). But after that he spent his life getting rich over government service and putting America last...well at least everyone in America who did not work at the Pentagon or in North Virginia.

[As a U.S. Senator for 31 years, he did and said many things that I found morally reprehensible (such as his role in the Savings and Loans Crisis that cost U.S. taxpayers at least $160.1 billion; his many subsequent votes against banking and financial regulations....but none more so than his hawkish stance on U.S. military involvement around the globe, all toward the benefit of the defense industry and to his mutual benefit as a politician.

Almost immediately after coming back as a POW from Viet Nam in 1973, he vigorously supported President Nixon and carpet bombing of Cambodia by U.S. forces. Bombing was most heavily focused in the Southeastern parts of the country, with some parts of the map showing almost complete coverage by carpet bombs (including the capital city Phnom Penh). While the casualties of this operation will never be known, some place estimates from million to more than 1 million Cambodian deaths. Many attribute the rapid rise of the Khmer Rouge and subsequent Cambodian genocide to American expansion of the Viet Nam War into Cambodia, and in particular, to these carpet bombing operations.

He was a vocal proponent of invading Iraq in 2003. Throughout his presidential bid in 2008 and thereafter, he asserted that invading Iraq was the right thing to do. In 2007, the "war hero" also voted against requiring a minimum period between deployments to Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. It was not until this 2018 book that he accepted his part of the blame for this ongoing military and humanitarian disaster.

He was so flippant about the costs of waging war, he once made serious threats about bombing Iran using Beach Boys song lyrics.

To the benefit of the defense industry, he was friendly with Muammar Gaddafi, promising Libya lethal and non-lethal military equipment from the U.S. in the late 2000s. Some of these weapons that McCain helped Gaddafi to secure undoubtedly contributed to the war crimes that Gaddafi waged against the Libyan people starting in 2011, the same war crimes that made McCain call for U.S. ground troops to be deployed and for absolute removal of Gaddafi.
Like so many other politicians, he also supported U.S. military involvement in places like Afghanistan after the September 11, 2001 attacks. This rush to go to war has enveloped the U.S. military in a quagmire that is now in its 17th year. But McCain wrote in an op-ed in the Washington Post that "war is a miserable business. Let's get on with it."

It is precisely this callous attitude about war that perplexes me and makes me question his moral character.]

He got rich by marrying rich. So you have the part about government service incorrect.

He was not callous of war. He knew about the horrors of war more than almost anybody else. What he believed was that sacrifice was the cost of freedom.

He advocated for us getting involved in conflicts in lots of places (Syria for example) that had nothing to do with our freedom.

At best he was a person who thought US military intervention everywhere would be a good thing and bring about good outcomes for the world.

So he was misguided…or worst…he was a war hawk because of hubris and for financial gain.

People keep writing about McCain's financial interest in interventionist policies. What is that based on?

Speculation that he was deeply involved in the Defense industry.

Admittedly speculation (like Biden being the credit card industries man in the Senate) but I think understandable

https://therealnews.com/john-mccain-hawkish-voice-of-military-industrial-complex-paved-way-for-trump

RD2WINAGNBEAR86
muddybrazos said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

Here is a war hero that saw "real" combat with an opinion on one of the leaders of your cult:

That person is not a hero nor was his admiral father. His father covered up the attack on the USS Liberty and we all know Mccain was a neocon warmonger that sold out this country.

Just about the moment he got out of prison and left the USA military. He was a prisoner of war for 5.5 years, 2 of which he spent in solitary confinement. He showed real bravery there and even turned down a chance to get out earlier because he was an Admirals kid (VIP). But after that he spent his life getting rich over government service and putting America last...well at least everyone in America who did not work at the Pentagon or in North Virginia.

[As a U.S. Senator for 31 years, he did and said many things that I found morally reprehensible (such as his role in the Savings and Loans Crisis that cost U.S. taxpayers at least $160.1 billion; his many subsequent votes against banking and financial regulations....but none more so than his hawkish stance on U.S. military involvement around the globe, all toward the benefit of the defense industry and to his mutual benefit as a politician.

Almost immediately after coming back as a POW from Viet Nam in 1973, he vigorously supported President Nixon and carpet bombing of Cambodia by U.S. forces. Bombing was most heavily focused in the Southeastern parts of the country, with some parts of the map showing almost complete coverage by carpet bombs (including the capital city Phnom Penh). While the casualties of this operation will never be known, some place estimates from million to more than 1 million Cambodian deaths. Many attribute the rapid rise of the Khmer Rouge and subsequent Cambodian genocide to American expansion of the Viet Nam War into Cambodia, and in particular, to these carpet bombing operations.

He was a vocal proponent of invading Iraq in 2003. Throughout his presidential bid in 2008 and thereafter, he asserted that invading Iraq was the right thing to do. In 2007, the "war hero" also voted against requiring a minimum period between deployments to Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom. It was not until this 2018 book that he accepted his part of the blame for this ongoing military and humanitarian disaster.

He was so flippant about the costs of waging war, he once made serious threats about bombing Iran using Beach Boys song lyrics.

To the benefit of the defense industry, he was friendly with Muammar Gaddafi, promising Libya lethal and non-lethal military equipment from the U.S. in the late 2000s. Some of these weapons that McCain helped Gaddafi to secure undoubtedly contributed to the war crimes that Gaddafi waged against the Libyan people starting in 2011, the same war crimes that made McCain call for U.S. ground troops to be deployed and for absolute removal of Gaddafi.
Like so many other politicians, he also supported U.S. military involvement in places like Afghanistan after the September 11, 2001 attacks. This rush to go to war has enveloped the U.S. military in a quagmire that is now in its 17th year. But McCain wrote in an op-ed in the Washington Post that "war is a miserable business. Let's get on with it."

It is precisely this callous attitude about war that perplexes me and makes me question his moral character.]

He got rich by marrying rich. So you have the part about government service incorrect.

He was not callous of war. He knew about the horrors of war more than almost anybody else. What he believed was that sacrifice was the cost of freedom.

He advocated for us getting involved in conflicts in lots of places (Syria for example) that had nothing to do with our freedom.

At best he was a person who thought US military intervention everywhere would be a good thing and bring about good outcomes for the world.

So he was misguided…or worst…he was a war hawk because of hubris and for financial gain.

People keep writing about McCain's financial interest in interventionist policies. What is that based on?
Ask Lindsey Graham bc he is still alive and he is Mccains protege. He has a gay boner for any war anywhere any time.
Is a gay boner better or worse than a heterosexual boner?
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
muddybrazos
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

muddybrazos said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

Ask Lindsey Graham bc he is still alive and he is Mccains protege. He has a gay boner for any war anywhere any time.
IDK but it's probably rainbow colored.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

It looks like you are back on the Trump train. I thought you said a while back you would ne er vote for him again.
Not sure I said that. I was all in for DeSantis. Will vote for Trump again when he locks up the nomination. We have all been instructed that America wants Biden or Trump, so be it.

I still don't think China Joe crosses the finish line. He will pardon himself and his son on his way to Memory Care. The Cafeteria Czar will be the Dem nominee. Kamala is gonna be pissed but the Dems will pay her handsomely to go away and S T F U.
I might have been thinking of someone else.

I think nominating Trump is the best way to insure we have a Dem president. Somebody posted earlier a graph showing a 3rd party would cause B/dem to win.
The most horrific and troubling part of all of this is that supposedly half of the country would vote for a man with intermediate/ advanced dementia. Very sad.

We are only as strong as our President. Let that sink in.

-- Barack Obama
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
muddybrazos said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

muddybrazos said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

LOL! I will have to ask my friend, Mitch Blood Green.

-- Barack Obama
Frank Galvin
muddybrazos said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

I don't have the ability to ask Lindsey Graham anything.

The fact that the two of them were/are hawkish does not mean they are being financially rewarded for their views.

So I will ask again-is there a shred of evidence to suggest John McCain was in any way corrupt or enriched himself through public service?
Redbrickbear
Frank Galvin said:

muddybrazos said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

The fact that the two of them were/are hawkish does not mean they are being financially rewarded for their views.

So I will ask again-is there a shred of evidence to suggest John McCain was in any way corrupt or enriched himself through public service?

True, we don't have access to John McCain's stock trading account.

But we can make an informed guess what companies he was heavily invested in
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I agree we are in trouble. I just dont see one being any worse than the other. I wont vote for either. Never voted dem, and Bush was the last rep. i voted for
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
[Over the past couple of years, I've had conversations with retired US military officers who left the service earlier than they anticipated because they could no longer bear the politicization of the ranks. This news just broke yesterday, from Tom Klingenstein's blog. Excerpt:

The American Military Project has uncovered an internal Air Force memo from 2022 in which General C.Q. Brown, now President Biden's chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, directed the service "to develop a diversity and inclusion outreach plan aimed at achieving" set numerical quotas for the racial composition of officer applicant pools. This previously unreported memo is clear evidence that a group quota system is operating in the U.S. military, though Pentagon leadership are exceptionally careful to avoid using the term.

Reading this, I thought about the conversation I had not long ago with a retired officer, who expressed deep frustration over the fact that the Pentagon brass really do believe that the United States can wage war with a force formed not by the best, brightest, and most capable warriors, regardless of their race or sex, but with a military hierarchy composed according to an abstract quota system.

We know from the World War II experience of the Soviet Red Army that Stalin's political categories ended up cashiering some of the most capable officers, while mediocrities advanced because they satisfied political criteria. Eventually the Soviets changed tactics, but only after hideous losses.] -Rod Dreher
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

muddybrazos said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

muddybrazos said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

Frank Galvin said:

Redbrickbear said:

ron.reagan said:

muddybrazos said:

ron.reagan said:

LOL! I will have to ask my friend, Mitch Blood Green.

It's not. It has more of a hammering action because it has to dig through rock.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
The young man in your pic has been kicked out of the military.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
drahthaar

I agree we are in trouble. I just dont see one being any worse than the other. I wont vote for either. Never voted dem, and Bush was the last rep. i voted for

If Trump reinstitutes his border policy, he will be light years ahead of the current pimps in office. Just one move: let that sink in.
Both are reprehensible.
So is pretty much both houses of Congress as a whole and as individuals when one looks at their jobs as working in the best interests of the nation. Both parties have failed spectacularly.
Redbrickbear

The young man in your pic has been kicked out of the military.

He is now in grad school at u.t. Austin

Limited IQ Redneck in PU
That makes senses
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

Pretty grounded comments, actually.
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

Redbrickbear said:

Pretty grounded comments, actually.

True

Seems like most in the military just give lip service to DEI because the leadership makes them
Sam Lowry
Redbrickbear said:

[Over the past couple of years, I've had conversations with retired US military officers who left the service earlier than they anticipated because they could no longer bear the politicization of the ranks. This news just broke yesterday, from Tom Klingenstein's blog. Excerpt:

The American Military Project has uncovered an internal Air Force memo from 2022 in which General C.Q. Brown, now President Biden's chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, directed the service "to develop a diversity and inclusion outreach plan aimed at achieving" set numerical quotas for the racial composition of officer applicant pools. This previously unreported memo is clear evidence that a group quota system is operating in the U.S. military, though Pentagon leadership are exceptionally careful to avoid using the term.

Reading this, I thought about the conversation I had not long ago with a retired officer, who expressed deep frustration over the fact that the Pentagon brass really do believe that the United States can wage war with a force formed not by the best, brightest, and most capable warriors, regardless of their race or sex, but with a military hierarchy composed according to an abstract quota system.

We know from the World War II experience of the Soviet Red Army that Stalin's political categories ended up cashiering some of the most capable officers, while mediocrities advanced because they satisfied political criteria. Eventually the Soviets changed tactics, but only after hideous losses.] -Rod Dreher
Looking at the Ukraine operation, it is really quite frightening to imagine these people in charge of a war with real American interests at stake.
Redbrickbear
Redbrickbear

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.