Feds find civil rights violations in Southlake public schools

1,352 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by The_barBEARian
One-Eyed Wheeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/feds-find-civil-rights-violations-in-southlake-texas-schools-students-lawyers-say/ar-BB1m3MQo?ocid=BingNewsSearch
DioNoZeus
I knew barBEARian lived in Southlake. I didn't realize he was a school administrator though.
This place is toxic. Unsubscribing

-Bono/Chitwood/Norman Dale/Sunny Ortiz/John Galt/and soon to be The Toxic Avenger
Redbrickbear
DioNoZeus said:

I knew barBEARian lived in Southlake. I didn't realize he was a school administrator though.

I like barBEARian…but that is funny

(PS this seems about kids- NOT admins- being mean to other kids)
Wangchung
"But she was rebuffed by school board members and conservative parents who accused her and others of trying to force a far-left political ideology into classrooms. Jones said she and her family felt validated by the Education Department's finding."

The parents were correct. The leftist department of education agreeing doesn't change anything, if anything it reinforces their defense.

An article referenced by this one shows the accusations of racism, homophobia and xenophobia, so basically if you're white and sing rap lyrics, don't bow to the rainbow cult and want a secure border you're the bad guy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/viral-video-forced-wealthy-texas-suburb-confront-racism-silent-majority-n1255230
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Forest Bueller
Well nobody should be harassed or picked on just because they are gay. Looking at the parents that complained and the pictures of their kids on their wall, I'm guessing the middle kid got picked on. There is nothing ok about that if the school district turned a blind eye to it.
Redbrickbear
You have to wonder how small city intra ethnic/sexual beefs between school age children can become national news and a problem the Federal government feels it needs to be involved in

The modern USA is a strange place.
GrowlTowel
Gay month must be around the corner.
Oldbear83
GrowlTowel said:

Gay month must be around the corner.
'Gay Month' is like 'Truck Month', it's always going on somewhere ...
That which does not kill me, will try again and get nastier
Harrison Bergeron
If blek students attack whit kids, just expected animal behavior. Misgender a mentally ill idiotic then it's a THREAT TO DEMOCRACY.
4th and Inches
Wangchung said:

"But she was rebuffed by school board members and conservative parents who accused her and others of trying to force a far-left political ideology into classrooms. Jones said she and her family felt validated by the Education Department's finding."

The parents were correct. The leftist department of education agreeing doesn't change anything, if anything it reinforces their defense.

An article referenced by this one shows the accusations of racism, homophobia and xenophobia, so basically if you're white and sing rap lyrics, don't bow to the rainbow cult and want a secure border you're the bad guy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/viral-video-forced-wealthy-texas-suburb-confront-racism-silent-majority-n1255230
sounds like a Tom McDonald song
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
4th and Inches
Forest Bueller said:

Well There is nothing ok about that if the school district turned a blind eye to it.
agreed, nothing ok about the school dostrict not dealing with bullying

On the flip side, this generation coming up is so soft.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
Realitybites
Where it started:

Forest Bueller said:

Well nobody should be harassed or picked on just because they are gay.

Where it ended:

If you don't let the public school trans your kid, CPS is going to remove them from your home and the DA is going to charge you with a hate crime.

Folks, God didn't rain fire and brimstone down on Sodom and Gomorrah for target practice. Quit trying to be nicer than Him.
Forest Bueller_bf
4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller said:

Well There is nothing ok about that if the school district turned a blind eye to it.

Oh I agree, the harassment I've seen described is very minor compared some stuff I saw growing up.
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

You have to wonder how small city intra ethnic/sexual beefs between school age children can become national news and a problem the Federal government feels it needs to be involved in

That's not what this is. This is culture wars meet affluence.

Southlake is not China Springs or Little River.
The_barBEARian
Edit: I didnt realized a thread had already been started on this topic so I'll repost here

Feds find civil rights violations in Southlake, Texas, schools, students' lawyers say

The Department of Education is going after my local school district, Carroll ISD, over four civil rights complaints.

The district now has 90 days to "mediate" w/ the Department of Education. They are forcing the district to implement the same "cultural competency plan" that outraged voters four years ago and lead to nearly the entire School Board being replaced with Conservatives in landslide elections with support from 70%+ of the voters. The plan is filled with critical race theory and DEI requirements. There are mandatory diversity training requirements for faculty and students.

If the district cannot reach agreement with the Department of Education during the 90 day mediation, they will pull federal funding and forward the cases to the Department or Justice.

This local school board issue got national media coverage from NBC News with reporters flying in from NYC and DC. They pushed the story with an slew of articles and even nationwide televised reports on NBC's Nightly News w/ Lester Holt. The narrative they presented to the nation was that Southlake is an awful, hateful community filled with virulent racists and rampant homophobia based on the testimony of a handful of students, excluding testimony from the thousands of other minority students who were brought up in the district without any issues. The slander from NBC News bordered on the sadistic and the goal seems to be the forced conversion a successful, affluent, predominately white school district to a Cultural Marxist agenda and anti-American ideology.

The fact that NBC News and the Federal government are colluding together against a local school district in a David vs. Goliath type struggle cements the idea that MSN are just propagandists obeying the commands of their politburo. The idea that MSN is the "free press" is offensive when they work hand in glove with the government to remove our freedoms.

The_barBEARian
4th and Inches said:

Forest Bueller said:

This is not accurate.

This is how the media manipulates people in believing things that aren't true.

There is an existing code of conduct and if a student was harassing and bullying another student they would be punished.

This is about affirming abnormal, asocial behavior and not racism or bullying.
The_barBEARian
To provide some context, here are the people filing these complaints:

https://www.instagram.com/southlakearc?igsh=MXd2OXB5b2ZpdHAyNQ==

Let me know if they seem well-adjusted and normal to you.

muddybrazos
Redbrickbear said:

It only gets to that level when you're a wealthy mostly all White Christian school distritct that they can make an example of.
The_barBEARian
Forest Bueller said:

Well nobody should be harassed or picked on just because they are gay. Looking at the parents that complained and the pictures of their kids on their wall, I'm guessing the middle kid got picked on. There is nothing ok about that if the school district turned a blind eye to it.

What started all this was a single snapchat video that went viral of some teens saying the "N word" off school property. Should the kids in the video receive discipline from their parents? Yes. Should the entire school district be forced to participate in an overzealous campaign of collective guilt? No.

Because this has become so hyper-politicized, I find it convenient these people are coming out with these bullying complaints now.
Wangchung
The_barBEARian said:

Forest Bueller said:

What started all this was a single snapchat video that went viral of some teens saying the "N word" off school property. Should the kids in the video receive discipline from their parents? Yes. Should the entire school district be forced to participate in an overzealous campaign of collective guilt? No.

Because this has become so hyper-politicized, I find it convenient these people are coming out with these bullying complaints now.
Why should the kids be disciplined at all? They were off campus. Edit; you said by their parents. I missed that part. My bad.
Our vibrations were getting nasty. But why? I was puzzled, frustrated... Had we deteriorated to the level of dumb beasts?
Redbrickbear
You have to wonder who is getting paid when the Feds demand a local school district ignore the voters and enforce a new progressive curriculum around race, gender, sexuality

As always…follow the money

The_barBEARian
Agree, also this race hustling nonsense always seems to flare up during an election year.

I wonder why it took the Department of Ed years to make a decision?
4th and Inches
The_barBEARian said:

Agree, also this race hustling nonsense always seems to flare up during an election year.

be happy it took them years to make a decision, albiet a wrong one

We dont want them making any decision quickly.. we need these things to be reviewed and talked about by a committee and then tabled until after summer break and then the notes lost when an intern drops burrito spillage on them..

–Horace

The_barBEARian
4th and Inches said:

The_barBEARian said:

be happy it took them years to make a decision, albiet a wrong one

We dont want them making any decision quickly.. we need these things to be reviewed and talked about by a committee and then tabled until after summer break and then the notes lost when an intern drops burrito spillage on them..

Good point!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.