VJ Edgecombe

8,729 Views | 77 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by historian
Crawfoso1973
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear said:

If Langston is healthy

A big, giant "if."

If I remember correctly, you were one of the most vocal posters on here insisting EJ would come back the same and blasted me for telling you otherwise. And as I tried to tell you, he came back a shell of himself, as I'm afraid Love will be. I would love to be wrong, of course.
IowaBear
I never said he would come back the same. I said he would come back sooner than you suggested and he did. Quit putting words in my mouth. And if you want to play that game don't forget you said you wouldn't be surprised if Langston fell out of the rotation because of his lack of defense. You also at one point said Miro may be a 1 n done. You for 2 years now have been saying love will be buried on the bench. You'll again be wrong.
Langston will play big minutes. Only a fool would say otherwise
Crawfoso1973
IowaBear said:

I never said he would come back the same. I said he would come back sooner than you suggested and he did. Quit putting words in my mouth. And if you want to play that game don't forget you said you wouldn't be surprised if Langston fell out of the rotation because of his lack of defense. You also at one point said Miro may be a 1 n done. You for 2 years now have been saying love will be buried on the bench. You'll again be wrong.
Langston will play big minutes. Only a fool would say otherwise
I never understand why you always resort to name-calling when someone disagrees with you. It is okay to disagree without name-calling and personal insults.

And I never said Love would fall out the rotation due to his poor defense. Last offseason I predicted he would be our 6th man due to his bad defense and inability to do anything else besides score. Most everyone else said he would start, but he is better as a microwave scorer off the bench. I got told I didn't know hoop when I predicted that. But I was correct.

As for next year, if healthy I agree he should be in our rotation as a 6th man but heavy minutes will expose him to more injury risk. That is why I believe we will get another guard from the portal. Just can't go into a season relying on him to play heavy minutes and be able to stay healthy a full slate of games.
IowaBear
Did I call you a name? Nope… sure didn't. Your exact words were I wouldn't be surprised if little passes him on depth chart due to his lack of defense.
You've never been high on LL and that's OK.
But his game speaks for itself. A healthy LL in 2024 will be one of our better players as he was this year when healthy.
We're obviously going to get a guard or 2 from the portal. We have too. Doesn't mean that changes the outlook for LL
Crawfoso1973
I am high on Love for the one thing he does well, which is score the rock. And he is great at that one skill. But he can't defend, can't handle the ball as a secondary ball-handler, can't initiate offense or create for others, and can't stay healthy. Those are not knocks on the player, that is just reality. Good to see we can agree another portal guard is needed.
gobears20
Staff
boognish_bear
historian
Definitely a cultural fit for Baylor!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.