Tennessee center Jonas Aidoo is expected to visit Baylor this weekend

5,798 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 17 days ago by ScottS
bear2be2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crawfoso1973 said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want him jacking up threes either. But all college bigs who have the ability to shoot and want to play in the NBA or overseas are working to expand their range.
Work on that after practice and show it after the season. We're trying to win games, not help marginal NBA prospects pretend they're something they're not.

I look at this like I do the LJ Cryer/point guard discussion. He's a really good college player in the right role. He's not even a good college player in the role he thinks he should be playing.

I've seen nothing from Aidoo that makes me believe he wants to play on the perimeter, but if that is his goal, he should do it elsewhere. That's not what we need from that position.

The occasional pick-and-pop from 15-18 feet is a really good weapon to have. But that's the extent I want to see of his shooting ability.
Crawfoso1973
Where did I say that was his goal to do it in games? Geez.
bear2be2
Crawfoso1973 said:

Where did I say that was his goal to do it in games? Geez.
You and I just look at things differently. You talk about a players' pro prospects, which I couldn't care less about. Why mention expanding his range if you aren't talking about doing so at Baylor? This is a discussion about what he'll bring to Baylor, is it not?
Crawfoso1973
Guilty as charged. I do look at player upside 3-4-5 years down the road not just what I think they will do currently for Baylor. Most of these kids we are recruiting do have pro aspirations so I think it's relevant to look at their skills and motivations through that lens.
ScottS
Any updates from the visit??
Big12Fan2024
ScottS said:

Word on the street is his first words were what's up with this obnoxiously big building blocking the view of this nice new basketball arena?
BusyTarpDuster2017
Do I wish we get this guy? Aidoo.
TWD 1974
Big12Fan2024 said:

ScottS said:

Word on the street is his first words were what's up with this obnoxiously big building blocking the view of this nice new basketball arena?
Somebody better not have brought up camera angles...
historian
Calrocks94 said:

Looks like we turned Bill Gates into a fan. Anything is possible with his pockets.

Really? Was Bill back in Waco for another game?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Calrocks94
I'm joking, but it would be nice to have him as a sugar daddy for baylor I've only seen him twice the past year
historian
That's what I thought. I know he was at the Cornell game to open the Foster and at the opening of the Hurd Center. Are those the two events you're talking about?
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ScottS
We need Gates to help with football and MBB NIL
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.