Seton Hall star Kadary Richmond has entered the transfer portal and will be one of th

1,959 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by bear2be2
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
gobears20
Staff
He had 18 against us and was leading scorer for them.
Big12Fan2024
This would be an incredible get if we had the money. He's the main reason Seton Hall won the NIT. He is a difficult matchup for anyone. I just think we spent all of our money on Roach and so the others we sign will likely be 2nd and 3rd tier guys who can still be good. Just not as good as someone like Kadary.
Stefano DiMera
We rich man..

I just doubled my GXG monthly donation.
Big12Fan2024
gobears20
Staff
Big12Fan2024
I just saw where he jumped to the #1 ranked transfer portal and EvanMiya has him with the highest BPR of any transfer portal player ever. Looks like Jeff Goodman, John Fanta and all the other media guys have him going to St. Johns and imply that Pitino is the one who talked him into the portal but then again they all said the same thing about the dude from Rutgers and it looks like he's going to Kansas St.
ScottS
Make him an offer he can't refuse?
bear2be2
Richmond's a great player, and I'd love to have him in most circumstances. But he's kind of a redundant part with Edgecombe and Love already in the mix to fill that 2/3 hybrid position. I'd rather get one of the bigger wings who can shoot the 3 and effectively guard the four.

With the addition of Roach, our guard group is set. We need to focus on completing our frontcourt IMO.
Crawfoso1973
That was the same thing I thought, but I don't know enough about him to know if he could play the stretch 4 like Bridges.
bear2be2
Crawfoso1973 said:

That was the same thing I thought, but I don't know enough about him to know if he could play the stretch 4 like Bridges.
He's only 6-5 and shot the 3 below 30 percent last season.

He's a great player. I just don't think he's a fit.

I think he and Edgecombe are too similar. Both athletic, slashing combo 2/3 guys whose jump shot will come and go.
Big12Fan2024
We have plenty of spots for a starting center, a Bridges replacement and a wing/guard which is what Kadary plays. And I damn sure hope we don't rely on Langston Love for anything other than bonus contribution because when someone has been at a place 3 years and gotten hurt 3 consecutive years and either missed a whole season or critical parts of 2 others then in most cases you can count on him getting hurt again and leaving you disappointed for a 4th time. Not to mention he can't play a lick of defense which is something Kadary is good at.
IowaBear
Richmond is a 3… who are you wanting him to start over? Langston isn't starting anyways so bringing him up is irrelevant. And when healthy he's damm good!
Richmond doesn't fit here. And he's being incredibly overrated. He can't shoot for ****
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Richmond is a 3… who are you wanting him to start over? Langston isn't starting anyways so bringing him up is irrelevant. And when healthy he's damm good!
Richmond doesn't fit here. And he's being incredibly overrated. He can't shoot for ****
I think Richmond is an outstanding basketball player, so this isn't about him for me. This is about our roster needs.

If we didn't have Edgecombe coming in -- or VJ decided to follow Brooks to Kentucky -- I would bring Richmond in immediately (assuming we could meet his NIL demands). I would honestly rather have Richmond than Edgecombe, though I understand that's likely a controversial opinion here.

But with the five guards we have lined up for 2025, I just don't see him being a necessity or even a fit.

I frankly would be really pissed if we brought in a transfer that pushed Love or Nunn out of the program. Both are good players who should be poised for their best seasons to date, health permitting. At some point, you have to trust and commit to the bird in hand, particularly when that bird is a great culture fit, as both Love and Nunn are.

I can live with recruiting over Miro because I think that situation will ultimately be a win-win for everyone. But I would be very frustrated if we made a conscious decision that pushed really good, productive team players out of the program.
IowaBear
Oh I think Richmond is a good ball player. But he still can't shoot for ***** That's not a diss. Mark Vital was an OUTSTANDING bball player who couldn't shoot for crap. I actually agree with you and craw here (more miracles happening) I meant overrated in a sense of being the top portal player.
I don't think he fits a need. We desperately need a kid who fills Jalen's role and another C. The kid from Uncw that we reached out is perfect imo.
Omier at Miami is another. Either are HOMERUN gets imo
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Oh I think Richmond is a good ball player. But he still can't shoot for ***** That's not a diss. Mark Vital was an OUTSTANDING bball player who couldn't shoot for crap. I actually agree with you and craw here (more miracles happening) I meant overrated in a sense of being the top portal player.
I don't think he fits a need. We desperately need a kid who fills Jalen's role and another C. The kid from Uncw that we reached out is perfect imo.
Omier at Miami is another. Either are HOMERUN gets imo
In fairness to Richmond, he shot over 40 percent from 3 as a junior and is almost a 34 percent 3-point shooter for his career, so I would push back a little on your "can't shoot for ****" description. But even in past years, when his percentages were higher, he was a low volume 3-point shooter. That's not a big part of his game.

He's a slasher who does most of his scoring at and around the rim. I think Edgecombe will be very similar.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.