Norchad Omier Commits To Baylor

3,701 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 20 days ago by TWD 1974
BUCANDOIT82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
IowaBear
LFG!!! Monster get!!
Yall will not be disappointed
Calrocks94
Drew be in the kitchen cooking Time for second and dessert
BUBradley
norCHAD!!! Welcome to Baylor!!!
DP4LIFE
Beast!
Mitch Henessey
This is massive. We haven't had a player like him at the 4 since...maybe Rico Gathers? Omier is much more athletic and has a better shooting touch than Rico did, though.
IowaBear
He's wayyyy better offensively than Rico. But you're correct in that we haven't had anyone close since Rico. Just a bunch, but I think we're going to land a stud at the 5 to split time with Josh to round out the portal haul.
BUBradley
Who are you thinkin?
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

LFG!!! Monster get!!
Yall will not be disappointed
Dude's a stud, for sure.

This is a really big get.
IowaBear
Onyenso from UK, Hawkins from Illinois are 2. Achor from Samford is another although he's technically a PF. No idea if we're actually looking at any of those 3
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

He's wayyyy better offensively than Rico. But you're correct in that we haven't had anyone close since Rico. Just a bunch, but I think we're going to land a stud at the 5 to split time with Josh to round out the portal haul.
I think we're probably done landing studs, but there are plenty of good role players we can add to fill out the rest of the roster. I would imagine we've exhausted most of our NIL money with Roach and Omier. But both of those guys are absolute difference makers with tournament experience/success.
IowaBear
Definitely possible but I won't bet against Drew. It may not be a big name player. But I won't be shocked if it's a damm good one.
vanillabryce
Amazing news.

Kind of crazy in the context of Jakus going to FAU and Brooks to UK.

The CSD train keeps rollin'
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

Definitely possible but I won't bet against Drew. It may not be a big name player. But I won't be shocked if it's a damm good one.

I've said it before, but a guy like Abou Ousmane would be great. Any big who can handle a 20-minute workload and split time 50-50 with Ojianwuna would be fine. We'll have plenty of firepower. We need toughness and defense from our post addition.
bear2be2
IowaBear said:

For the record, I hope I'm wrong. A guy like Achor Achor would make us a legit national title favorite. But there are still useful players below the difference-maker line, if we're out of difference-maker NIL money.
IowaBear
There's a couple small school centers who are intriguing. But if we have a chance (mutual interest) in any of the better Centers left I bet we take some swings! Hawkins is intriguing to me because he's a legit 3 pt shooter. Not sure the last time we had a center as versatile as him. But I also like the UK kid among several others. It'll be interesting to see who we go after and ultimately land
historian
Scott Drew does it again!!

Sic 'em Bears!
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Crawfoso1973
Mitch Henessey said:

This is massive. We haven't had a player like him at the 4 since...maybe Rico Gathers? Omier is much more athletic and has a better shooting touch than Rico did, though.

Mark Vital with offensive skills?
EvilTroyAndAbed
This is another scenario where some people on here had opinions and analysis on why we hadn't heard anything about this player or that player, and Drew played it close to the vest, just like with the UK job. The man knows what he's doing.
Crawfoso1973
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

This is another scenario where some people on here had opinions and analysis on why we hadn't heard anything about this player or that player, and Drew played it close to the vest, just like with the UK job. The man knows what he's doing.

It's mind-blowing there are those who continue to doubt/disrespect CSD.
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
boognish_bear
NIL figures are so "squishy" so who knows if this is accurate...but fwiw

Johnny Bear
Great news!! Would still like to see us additionally land a legit big to provide depth at the 5, but this is a huge pickup that seemingly happened out of the blue. So glad Drew decided to stay.
Bear2393
Wow!!
Crawfoso1973
Johnny Bear said:

Great news!! Would still like to see us additionally land a legit big to provide depth at the 5, but this is a huge pickup that seemingly happened out of the blue. So glad Drew decided to stay.
Yes. Drew likes to split our center minutes pretty evenly, so I anticipate a platoon partner for Josh O. Doesn't necessarily need to be a big name or demand offensive touches, just someone who can defend and set good screens.

Second on my wish list would maybe be a hybrid SF/PF type.
IvanBear
boognish_bear said:

I appreciate Drew's not just trying to purely buy mercenaries, I don't think that makes the best team. I'm sure Arkansas threw more money at Omier than we did like Aidoo. I'm glad he wants a culture fit over a monetary one.
GoodOleBaylorLine
boognish_bear said:

As much as we don't like the problems caused by one and done (me included), Drew's ability to develop and put players in the NBA helps immensely in this regard. And, as a side benefit, you get guys smart and mature enough to understand that investment in their future.
BluesBear
GoodOleBaylorLine said:

boognish_bear said:

As much as we don't like the problems caused by one and done (me included), Drew's ability to develop and put players in the NBA helps immensely in this regard. And, as a side benefit, you get guys smart and mature enough to understand that investment in their future.
If there is anyone who can figure this out quicker than others - it'll be Drew. Your last sentence is one of the best one's I've read on this board in years...
ImABearToo
Oakman Pt 2
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
BBWCBear
Crawfoso1973 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

YES! Mark Vital and Larry Micheaux of '84 Phi Slamma Jamma are my all time favorites as roll players.
TWD 1974
BBWCBear said:

Crawfoso1973 said:

Mitch Henessey said:

YES! Mark Vital and Larry Micheaux of '84 Phi Slamma Jamma are my all time favorites as roll players.
If he can bring Vital's leadership on D, I am completely sold!
boognish_bear
IvanBear said:

boognish_bear said:

I appreciate Drew's not just trying to purely buy mercenaries, I don't think that makes the best team. I'm sure Arkansas threw more money at Omier than we did like Aidoo. I'm glad he wants a culture fit over a monetary one.

It certainly didn't work in football for Aggy when they brought in the best class money could buy a couple of years ago.
ImABearToo
Those Aggy jokes just write themselves.
“Life is short, eat desert first!”
TWD 1974
ImABearToo said:

Those Aggy jokes just write themselves.
Didn't they get the Trans Am for Eric Dickerson before he signed the LOI ?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.