Nicki Collen Responds to Washington Post Article Calling Baylor Women's Basketball 'W

4,640 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Dcheetah
blackie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cp2310 said:

Yes cnc has to create her own pipeline. But there should have been committs that cnc should have atleast been able to approach even to be turned down. And yes the young lady from Arkansas wanted to stay home because she tore up her knee her sr year. She wasn't gonna be able to play as a freshman anyway. So in reality we had no one coming in the next year. As far as the intentional part. Do you truly believe , Kim is not petty enough to screw Baylor over
It was reported on this board several times that CNC did contact the recruits that had "committed" to Baylor or had expressed interest in Baylor, although the one from Arkansas was the only one for the incoming class. Why do you imply that she did not or would not want to do that?

Concerning your comment about KM, there is no way for me to know how KM felt toward her players or the fans or what she may have told the players. It would be pure speculation as to her inner feelings to state otherwise. An Internet message board to comment on that just throws up more speculation without hard facts that does nobody any good. The only comment I have made is that we got dumped into a bad situation at a very bad time with a roster that was senior heavy in talent that was not set up well for the next few years and that any pipeline we did have was blown up by the departure as those commits were to KM, not so much to Baylor, the school.
blackie
Dcheetah said:

I am the one who reported that about Maryam Dauda although others may have also. She was never coming here even before Kim left as Brian referenced above. That's the main reason we never got her to even look our way once CKM left. Just made it easier and more convient for her to say she was changing to the home state team once that happened.

CKM did try to take Nalyssa, Sarah, and Moon, and Gusters - don't remember about Queen yes or no on her way to LSU. So glad Nalyssa and Sarah and Queen(?) stayed. The next year she tried to recruit one of our top young players off the team behind our coaches backs but was unsuccessful. When leaving Baylor she and some assistants did some very negative and untruthful recruiting against us on the HS circuit but all that seems to be mostly behind us now. Glad we have CNC and glad CKM seems much happier at LSU now.

Iowa, hope you are feeling better soon.
First time I have heard about a lot of this. Certainly the comment about Buggs or Bella (assume that is who you are talking about "top young players") would be TAMPERING pure and simple. If that is the case it should have been reported in some manner. I hope this is speculation or not truth or my opinion of KM will sink to a new low. This portal and unlimited transfer is bad enough to each and every team in the country without coaches not even abiding by the rules of when they can reach out to players.
Dcheetah
It was reported.
As always. Contacted indirectly
blackie
Dcheetah said:

It was reported.
As always. Contacted indirectly
If everything you wrote is true this is my conclusion. She tried to take the team away, leaving the fans who had supported her and did a great part in the growth of the program over 20 years holding an empty bag. I don't want to believe that, but I never did hear her directly address the fans when all this happened. She might have said something to those close to her, but those of us that were just game attenders, I didn't hear anything of thanks or anything else. As I said if true, how could anyone support her? She had effectively thrown us (the fans and supporters) under the bus, not to mention people like Bickle and Andrews. I don't want to believe that, but if true I can't say I am surprised.

One can say that coaches are hired hands, and that is true. They move around all the time. But talking to players that were not in the portal is flat out tampering. I guess I need to hear the defenders side of the story. Don't bother bringing Rhoades into the picture. This is not about why she left, but what she did when she decided to do so. What I am missing?
Dcheetah
Everything I wrote is true. Brian E could probably confirm. It is not my info specifically to share more. Sorry. Part of the reason I went from being a big Kim supporter to not.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.