LSU transfer Hailey van Lith is headed to TCU

3,636 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 days ago by Dr. J
TXWayne
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ctxbear
I did not see that coming.
BearTiger
This one was a big surprise. Don't know what her connection is with TCU. Maybe because their coach was formerly asst coach at Oregon? Thought she would go west coast for her final covid year. TCU not exactly the best team in B12. She won't have to play PG or play defense, maybe that's why. LOL.
Also, Cavinder gal (social media queen) changed her mind/changed commitment from TCU to Miami. She is now headed back to Miami to join her twin sister. This transfer thing has gotten out of hand, difficult to keep up with, between transfers and NILs. Bouncing balls. Bet a lot of coaches don't like it.
whitetrash
With ones like Van Lith and Prince having a history of being disgruntled elsewhere, TCU is rapidly devolving into the Island of Misfit Toys.

Chibears2
It has to do with the coach. As most know, he was assistant at Oregon when Prince was there and I'm pretty sure OU nw was recruiting her pretty hard originally. He's definitely raised TCU's recruiting profile.

I just really want to hear something about our getting some of our gaps plugged with some good transfers! Getting antsy reading about our conference sisters welcoming in new talent….
BUatbirth
TCU?….Wonder how many programs took a pass on HVL
Task Force 2015
HVL may notice that there are fewer fans at her games in Fort Worth compared to Baton Rouge and Louisville.This stop will be her third school and conference.
fredbear
With prince and VL. We have to acknowledge TCU coach is the good the portal.
BigGameBaylorBear
He's a pretty good coach in general, he did pretty well with a bunch of walk ons
BearTiger
You are right, HVL will be shocked playing in front of an almost empty gym 1,000-2,000 fans at TCU vs 12,000-13,000 loud deafening fans at LSU. Maybe she wants peace and quiet.
SirBearALot
HVL will increase the attendance at horny toad games.
Task Force 2015
HVL is a big name and a very good player.I agree that HVL will increase attendance but don't believe it will reach anywhere near the attendance at LSU games.
BearTiger
Lol, it's TCU, they're not big name WBB. She isn't going to bring in more than their norm 1,000-2,000. If she helps to increase, maybe extra 500-1,000. I don't see more than that. Who cares about TCU.
MrGolfguy
Tcu does have a big crowd at home.........

every time the Lady Bears are in town
BearTiger
Maybe if Baylor comes to town, their attendance will be higher. But their avg home attendance last season was 1,000-2,000. Now that TX and OK going to SEC, Big12 WBB attendance will drop. Unfortunately, that's reality.
BigGameBaylorBear
TCU doesn't even fill up their games for MBB, I doubt WBB is going to surpass 3000
BU71
BearTiger said:

Lol, it's TCU, they're not big name WBB. She isn't going to bring in more than their norm 1,000-2,000. If she helps to increase, maybe extra 500-1,000. I don't see more than that. Who cares about TCU.
If Prince can stay healthy, a big if, they could be a dangerous duo. I don't know how much support they will have but their coach seems to be a good recruiter.
Dr. J
Prince has never lived up to her perceived potential and is oft injured.

Not sure who is advising HVL but, her draft stock continues to dwindle with each transfer. She should have stayed at Louisville and may have been late first rounder this year.
BearTiger
HVL was told by the WNBA they wanted more than just volume scoring at Louisville and chances were not good she would be drafted in the 1st round. WNBA advised her she would need to improve her defense significantly and gain PG experience. She didn't have to play good defense or play PG at Louisville. That's why she transferred to LSU. But she didn't significantly improve in defense or PG. The SEC offense was too quick, they passed by her regularly to the basket. The SEC defense was too physical, she couldn't get many open shots. She had difficult time scoring as a PG in the SEC.
Maybe TCU won't require her to play all-out defense or play PG. She can go back to focusing on volume shooting. Problem is the WNBA won't draft her in 1st round since she didn't master the 2 key areas of defense and PG.
bawitdaball
BearTiger said:

HVL was told by the WNBA they wanted more than just volume scoring at Louisville and chances were not good she would be drafted in the 1st round. WNBA advised her she would need to improve her defense significantly and gain PG experience. She didn't have to play good defense or play PG at Louisville. That's why she transferred to LSU. But she didn't significantly improve in defense or PG. The SEC offense was too quick, they passed by her regularly to the basket. The SEC defense was too physical, she couldn't get many open shots. She had difficult time scoring as a PG in the SEC.
Maybe TCU won't require her to play all-out defense or play PG. She can go back to focusing on volume shooting. Problem is the WNBA won't draft her in 1st round since she didn't master the 2 key areas of defense and PG.
Yea, she has shown that she isn't flexible position wise for the next level. She'll have an overseas career, and maybe she has come to terms with that, but not surviving in the SEC is pretty telling compared to the WNBA. She is too short and too slow.
Mitch Henessey
According to this interview yesterday, she likes TCU, but hasn't signed there yet, and is considering other schools, as well.

https://apnews.com/article/van-lith-tcu-usa-3x3-e83962bfc46883a916ee91e502e267ed

Tough break for TCU, losing out on Cavinder, and maybe losing out on HVL, as well.
bawitdaball
Mitch Henessey said:

According to this interview yesterday, she likes TCU, but hasn't signed there yet, and is considering other schools, as well.

https://apnews.com/article/van-lith-tcu-usa-3x3-e83962bfc46883a916ee91e502e267ed

Tough break for TCU, losing out on Cavinder, and maybe losing out on HVL, as well.

Did she ever officially announce? If she did and is pulling back now that is a huge red flag. I've heard her dad is a lot to work with and if they are pitting schools against each other in regard to NIL, I'd run.
2Bears
Thankfully Baylor doesn't need her.
HoustonBear15
BearTiger
No, HVL did not officially commit, did not officially sign letter intent. Looks like TCU was so excited, they prematurely jumped the gun and announced. TCU just put HVL in an uncomfortable situation. That's why most schools don't announce commitment from transfers until letter of intent is signed. It takes a lot of time to go through the whole process.
12au
I bet she's still headed there. I doubt Talia Goodman would report it w/o adequate sourcing
12au
Interesting that Raoul did not report it tho. Maybe he only reports once it's official/signed
BearTiger
Looks like Goodman didn't get this one right. HVL officially said she only visited TCU, she never committed, never signed letter of intent. This is very high profile from the beginning, what a mess for TCU and HVL.
12au
BearTiger said:

Looks like Goodman didn't get this one right. HVL officially said she only visited TCU, she never committed, never signed letter of intent. This is very high profile from the beginning, what a mess for TCU and HVL.
you would think Goodman would've deleted/corrected tweet if she felt it wasn't going to still happen tho
bawitdaball
Took like a week for her to correct the story. That is also odd. Maybe the check didn't cash
Dr. J
This story is like someone announcing their 3rd marriage. Nobody really cares but the person getting married.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.