Trump wants aid to Ukraine

4,570 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 11 days ago by whiterock
Fre3dombear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BaylorGuy314 said:

I'm against it no matter the party. We have spent $1000 for every US man woman and child so far and it's growing. We have spent the same as 33% of our own annual military budget so far. Make it stop.

And the democrats are losing their Ukraine war in the battlefield. Which to them may be winning as long as they can get their tards to wave a Ukraine flag and worry about Putin rolling over all of Europe or so they tell said tards
KaiBear
whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Communist sympathizers will vote for Biden while the fascists vote for Trump. I'll take none of the above.

Which leaves you free to criticize the occupant of the White House regardless who it is.

Guess that is a clever approach regarding this free message board; but it won't aid your grandchildren much.

I'm willing to admit I was wrong about him.

Strongly dislike Trump as well.

But now it s either a dementia case with a desire to get the US in still another war or an egomaniac who has a track record of avoiding war.

LOL it's Door #3: it's patently obvious that it would be a major setback for the USA if Russia were to roll up a win in Ukraine. (Which is definitely the case, no matter how hard you work to ignore it.)

It's also bad politics to be saddled with a big loss….

Bad politics to ignore the will of the American people by ignoring their needs over that of a country most still can't find on a map.

Bad politics to pretend that most Americans are willing to pay for Ukraine's defense indefinitely.

However it's horrible politics to attempt to drag the American people into still another war. We have seen THAT routine enough to know better.
Fre3dombear
KaiBear said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Communist sympathizers will vote for Biden while the fascists vote for Trump. I'll take none of the above.

Which leaves you free to criticize the occupant of the White House regardless who it is.

Guess that is a clever approach regarding this free message board; but it won't aid your grandchildren much.

But now it s either a dementia case with a desire to get the US in still another war or an egomaniac who has a track record of avoiding war.

LOL it's Door #3: it's patently obvious that it would be a major setback for the USA if Russia were to roll up a win in Ukraine. (Which is definitely the case, no matter how hard you work to ignore it.)

Bad politics to ignore the will of the American people by ignoring their needs over that of a country most still can't find on a map.

Bad politics to pretend that most Americans are willing to pay for Ukraine's defense indefinitely.

However it's horrible politics to attempt to drag the American people into still another war. We have seen THAT routine enough to know better.

Imagine if Americans knew what all this waste was actually going for for Ukraine and beyond?

They also have no clue the welfare state they are going to work everyday to in some part pay for in Europe and Canada.

But yeah. Vote Democrat or bluniparty and WIN!!!!

Fools

Cuz trumps a…fascist

And obamas not a racist and was a great president. Great Uniter. Amazing speaker (if reading) etc
KaiBear
The biggest mystery in the last 50 years of American politics is just who plucked out an unknown Illinois councilman and immediately pulled all the strings necessary to garner him the Democratic Party nomination for senator. Then provided millions of dollars for his campaign in the general election.

Then after just a handful of weeks as the junior senator from Illinois, Obama magically possessed millions of dollars for an unprecedented run for the Presidency of the United States.
Fre3dombear
KaiBear said:

The biggest mystery in the last 50 years of American politics is just who plucked out an unknown Illinois councilman and immediately pulled all the strings necessary to garner him the Democratic Party nomination for senator. Then provided millions of dollars for his campaign in the general election.

Then after just a handful of weeks as the junior senator from Illinois, Obama magically possessed millions of dollars for an unprecedented run for the Presidency of the United States.

Have you ever looked at who he ran against for senator and who they were married to and what was revealed about their divorce and when it was revealed?

And of course no record of someone by his name at Harvard. Obviously he was invented by the people behind him etc. For the obv ious reasons. But after what was done in 2020, nothing matters anymore. Enjoy being enslaved thinking your free America and people of earth.
Mitch Blood Green
RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

This is what assimilation looks like. I am sure she knows better than most about the massive corruption in Ukraine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/04/03/victoria-spartz-ukraine-aid-campaign/
whiterock
BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

This is my exact point. Ukraine cannot win this conflict. We are spending money in Ukraine because it creates Russian citizen dissent towards Putin and puts them in a bad financial situation. Of course, it puts us in a bad financial situation as well but our taxpayers don't seem to care. And our administration can say we are trying to help the Ukrainians instead of saying they got us into a war.

Ultimately, if we don't want Russia to win, then we need to physically be there at the border. It won't cost much more to do it than we're spending now but it won't be popular. If we think Russia is gonna win anyways then stop spending money. Help the citizens get out, give humanitarian aid, and be done.
Faulty assumption. If NATO will supply Ukraine with enough arty rounds, it is Russia which cannot win. They cannot sustain the human wave assaults they've been doing - tens of thousands of KIA to capture villages. They cannot match the NATO supply chain. But NATO will have to step up the production and that will cost more money than we've been spending.

Macron is threatening to send French troops to Ukraine. That would upend Moscow's strategic assumptions that NATO is going to lose heart to continue, which in turn would force Russia to the negotiation table.
Realitybites
ron.reagan said:

Now, as I predicted, Trump is on the Ukraine aid band wagon, who are the rest of you communist sympathizers going to vote for? Are you all voting for RFK?

Two time Trump voter and lifelong Republican. I had pretty much decided to vote for RFK until he picked his (terrible) VP candidate. Now I'm going to wait see who Trump picks. If it is Stefanik/Scott/Haley/Noem I'll vote RFK.
whiterock
Realitybites said:

ron.reagan said:

Now, as I predicted, Trump is on the Ukraine aid band wagon, who are the rest of you communist sympathizers going to vote for? Are you all voting for RFK?

Two time Trump voter and lifelong Republican. I had pretty much decided to vote for RFK until he picked his (terrible) VP candidate. Now I'm going to wait see who Trump picks. If it is Stefanik/Scott/Haley/Noem I'll vote RFK.
RFK needs to just campaign on change and avoid specifics. He's right on some things like individual liberty and free speech, but he's got some goofy leftist ideas (climate, reparations) that will cost him votes with the undecideds, who are tend to be pragmatic centrists avoiding the excessive rhetoric on the right and left.

He won't do that, of course, so he's going to pull mostly from natural Biden constituencies.
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Mitch Blood Green said:

RD2WINAGNBEAR86 said:

Redbrickbear said:

This is what assimilation looks like. I am sure she knows better than most about the massive corruption in Ukraine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elections/2024/04/03/victoria-spartz-ukraine-aid-campaign/
Ten percent for the Big Guy!!!!!
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Whiskey Pete
Realitybites said:

ron.reagan said:

Out of curiosity, what the issue with each one of those candidates?
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

This is my exact point. Ukraine cannot win this conflict. We are spending money in Ukraine because it creates Russian citizen dissent towards Putin and puts them in a bad financial situation. Of course, it puts us in a bad financial situation as well but our taxpayers don't seem to care. And our administration can say we are trying to help the Ukrainians instead of saying they got us into a war.

Ultimately, if we don't want Russia to win, then we need to physically be there at the border. It won't cost much more to do it than we're spending now but it won't be popular. If we think Russia is gonna win anyways then stop spending money. Help the citizens get out, give humanitarian aid, and be done.
Faulty assumption. If NATO will supply Ukraine with enough arty rounds,
[Money Down A Ukrainian Rathole:

US supporters of Ukraine are probably still basking in the Slava Ukraini glow from the House's vote this past weekend. Allow Philip Pilkington to cast a shadow of realism across your smiling faces:
Quote:

Quote:
The second problem is a military one. First of all, the Ukrainians are experiencing a personnel crisis. They have already sent much of their male population to the frontline (to be killed or injured) and they are now having trouble pressing more men into service. Obviously, an aid bill cannot help with this grim reality. Secondly, they have severe weapons and ammunition shortages. American lawmakers say that the aid package will solve this by providing more weapons, but the reality is that these weapons do not exist because the Western powers lack the industrial power to produce them.
This is where the potential for a legitimacy crisis comes in. Supporters of the package have now promised that it will keep the Russian army at bay. Yet it is becoming increasingly clear that Ukrainian defence lines are buckling and there is even chatter that the city of Kharkiv might fall to the Russians in the coming weeks. Some are speculating that Russia might be gearing up for a major offensive either in spring or summer.
If Russia does start to take major amounts of territory or, worse, if the Ukrainian frontline collapses altogether then the American public will watch the promises used to justify the aid package collapse in real time.
Do you understand what he's saying? All that money cannot buy Ukrainian soldiers who don't exist, nor can it buy weapons that haven't been built yet. So, when Ukraine falls to Russia later this year, what happens when the American people see that all this money was wasted and that US lawmakers had every reason to know that it could not win the war for Ukraine, because Ukraine's problems are beyond the ability of money to solve?
To put a finer point on it: what happens when the American people begin to understand that the ruling class including many Republicans in Washington spent tens of billions of dollars that could have been used (say) to protect the ungoverned US southern border, instead of Ukraine's border with Russia … and have nothing to show for it?]
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

US supporters of Ukraine are probably still basking in the Slava Ukraini glow from the House's vote this past weekend. Allow Philip Pilkington to cast a shadow of realism across your smiling faces:
Quote:

Quote:
The second problem is a military one. First of all, the Ukrainians are experiencing a personnel crisis. They have already sent much of their male population to the frontline (to be killed or injured) and they are now having trouble pressing more men into service. Obviously, an aid bill cannot help with this grim reality. Secondly, they have severe weapons and ammunition shortages. American lawmakers say that the aid package will solve this by providing more weapons, but the reality is that these weapons do not exist because the Western powers lack the industrial power to produce them.
This is where the potential for a legitimacy crisis comes in. Supporters of the package have now promised that it will keep the Russian army at bay. Yet it is becoming increasingly clear that Ukrainian defence lines are buckling and there is even chatter that the city of Kharkiv might fall to the Russians in the coming weeks. Some are speculating that Russia might be gearing up for a major offensive either in spring or summer.
If Russia does start to take major amounts of territory or, worse, if the Ukrainian frontline collapses altogether then the American public will watch the promises used to justify the aid package collapse in real time.
Do you understand what he's saying? All that money cannot buy Ukrainian soldiers who don't exist, nor can it buy weapons that haven't been built yet. So, when Ukraine falls to Russia later this year, what happens when the American people see that all this money was wasted and that US lawmakers had every reason to know that it could not win the war for Ukraine, because Ukraine's problems are beyond the ability of money to solve?
To put a finer point on it: what happens when the American people begin to understand that the ruling class including many Republicans in Washington spent tens of billions of dollars that could have been used (say) to protect the ungoverned US southern border, instead of Ukraine's border with Russia … and have nothing to show for it?]
We understand what he's saying, but he doesn't know what he's talking about:

"Philip Pilkington is a macroeconomist and investment professional, and the author of The Reformation in Economics"
Harrison Bergeron
The crazy left's head much be exploding now that Trump supports more Ukrainian aid.
Redbrickbear
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

"Philip Pilkington is a macroeconomist and investment professional, and the author of The Reformation in Economics"

How is he wrong?

Is Ukraine not running out of men?

Is it not going to take a long time for Western States to meet supply/demand in ammo & weapons?
sombear
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

How is he wrong?

Is it not going to take a long time for Western States to meet supply/demand in ammo & weapons?
Ukraine is not running out of men. They have to expand their very narrow age restrictions. That's like Russia is running out of men because they had to greatly expand their use of foreigners, ethnic minorities, an prisoners.

We and our allies have plenty of ammo and equipment, and the types we are sending quickly and directly to Ukraine are exactly what Ukraine has been lacking. We can easily keep up.
muddybrazos
sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, he is right that we have no more missiles and ammo. We also dont have the industrial capacity to make more misslies and ammo to supply Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan. It would probably take 10 years to get stockpiles up to fight these wars.
KaiBear
Fre3dombear said:

KaiBear said:

Have you ever looked at who he ran against for senator and who they were married to and what was revealed about their divorce and when it was revealed?

Would you mind giving some details ?
Redbrickbear
KaiBear said:

Fre3dombear said:

KaiBear said:

Would you mind giving some details ?

Was that the whole thing about Jeri Ryan and her Republican husband thing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ryan

https://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/06/22/ryan.divorce/

[The ex-wife of Jack Ryan, the Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate in Illinois, alleged in court papers filed in 2000 that he took her to sex clubs and asked her to engage in sexual activity in front of other patrons.
Portions of the documents, which related to a visitation dispute over the couple's son, were released Monday, after a judge in Los Angeles ordered them unsealed.
At a news conference Monday, Ryan reiterated the denial he made in his initial legal response to the charges by TV actress Jeri Lynn Ryan]
Sam Lowry
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

How is he wrong?

He's 100% right.
Mitch Blood Green
Redbrickbear said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

How is he wrong?

No on the weapons availability side. May have supply chain disruption issues but the bullets? Already made.
Realitybites
Haley: Big government interventionist pro-abort feminazi Rinocrat, her issues were dissected here thoroughly before she dropped out of the presidential race.

Stefanik: Cut from the same mold, but a better politician who is more skilled at speaking out of both sides of her mouth. Liberty score: F. Votes with democrats on key issues.
https://libertyscore.conservativereview.com/elise-stefanik

Scott: Better than Stefanik, but basically the DEI junior senator from South Carolina. Liberty score: C. Betrays the base on key votes, especially fiscal votes and those on the pro-life issue. Not someone worthy of being a breath away from the starter QB role.

Noem: Betrayed the base on the ****** issue just like Pence did on the Indiana DOMA when he was governor. An empty dress that Sanford Health's campaign contribution pulls the strings to.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/kristi-noem-angers-her-base-with-transgender-sports-ban-veto.html
Fre3dombear
Realitybites said:

Haley: Big government interventionist pro-abort feminazi Rinocrat, her issues were dissected here thoroughly before she dropped out of the presidential race.

Stefanik: Cut from the same mold, but a better politician who is more skilled at speaking out of both sides of her mouth. Liberty score: F. Votes with democrats on key issues.

Scott: Better than Stefanik, but basically the DEI junior senator from South Carolina. Liberty score: C. Betrays the base on key votes, especially fiscal votes and those on the pro-life issue. Not someone worthy of being a breath away from the starter QB role.

Noem: Betrayed the base on the ****** issue just like Pence did on the Indiana DOMA when he was governor. An empty dress that Sanford Health's campaign contribution pulls the strings to.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/03/kristi-noem-angers-her-base-with-transgender-sports-ban-veto.html

I'd lean towards it's likely he picks Noem because as we know she's the hottest and as we also know, trump, for all his faults, has excellent choice in women and surrounds himself with them. They're like smarter playboy bunnies

TWD 1974
fubar said:

KaiBear said:

fubar said:

ron.reagan said:

Putin's check must've not cleared.

Do you really believe all the RUSSIA fiction ?

I can't figure out why else TRUMP would want to spend money for a war that he says will end on January 21, 2025.
Zelenskyy talking up a Trump Hotel Kiev?
Whiskey Pete
Fre3dombear said:

Realitybites said:

I'd lean towards it's likely he picks Noem because as we know she's the hottest and as we also know, trump, for all his faults, has excellent choice in women and surrounds himself with them. They're like smarter playboy bunnies

Personally, I'd like to see him pick Ron DeSantis (not happening) or Doug Burgum (probably not happening).

Of course, he could surprise everyone and go with Marco Rubio, although Trump would need to move out of state as they would need Florida's electoral votes.
Realitybites
I'd like to see him pick Desantis as well, but there is probably too much water under the bridge there. As far as Burgum, I need to do a lot more research into the guy. When an obscure governor no one has heard of from North Dakota enters a presidential race without ever making ESPN's highlights in a regular season game, you start wondering where that support is coming from and why.
whiterock
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:
dude, you are engaging in the worst form of cherry picking. I showed you the facts. Ukraine has fought the war thus far with OLD MEN. They have not yet tapped their under-30 demographic. They have MILLIONS of young men to tap. And they are.

The limitation Ukraine faces right now is AMMUNITION. That has been rectified for a a good long while. Expect Russian advances to stop. Expect Russia to give all/most of it back in the coming weeks. And expect attrition of Russian soldiers and supply lines to accelerate.

whiterock
muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

Well, he is right that we have no more missiles and ammo. We also dont have the industrial capacity to make more misslies and ammo to supply Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan. It would probably take 10 years to get stockpiles up to fight these wars.
Not true. We have industrial capacity to spare.

We are currently operating on peacetime replenishment rates.....industrial capacity to maintain existing stocks, to replace outdated stocks, and develop new systems. We can, with he flick of a pen, expand production by orders of magnitude. Defense industries are not going to tool up for more capacity unless they get confirmed long-term contracts in hand. If Biden will just sign the purchase orders, the flow can double, triple, etc......

Russia, on the other hand, has almost fully mobilized its industry. Whatever you think Russian capacity is, multiply it times 20x and that's what Nato can do.

Dude. Russia has a smaller economy than TEXAS.
whiterock
Whiskey Pete said:

Fre3dombear said:

Realitybites said:

Personally, I'd like to see him pick Ron DeSantis (not happening) or Doug Burgum (probably not happening).

Of course, he could surprise everyone and go with Marco Rubio, although Trump would need to move out of state as they would need Florida's electoral votes.

he has a residence in New Jersey. He files a change of address form and he's good to go......
muddybrazos
whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

We are currently operating on peacetime replenishment rates.....industrial capacity to maintain existing stocks, to replace outdated stocks, and develop new systems. We can, with he flick of a pen, expand production by orders of magnitude. Defense industries are not going to tool up for more capacity unless they get confirmed long-term contracts in hand. If Biden will just sign the purchase orders, the flow can double, triple, etc......

Russia, on the other hand, has almost fully mobilized its industry. Whatever you think Russian capacity is, multiply it times 20x and that's what Nato can do.

I'm just going by what I heard from Macgregor 6 months ago. Dont we have less manufacturing capability than we had say 10 or 20 years ago thanks to green BS offshoring our factories?
Sam Lowry
muddybrazos said:

whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm just going by what I heard from Macgregor 6 months ago. Dont we have less manufacturing capability than we had say 10 or 20 years ago thanks to green BS offshoring our factories?
Nah, we don't need factories…just the flick of a pen!
RD2WINAGNBEAR86
Realitybites said:

I actually think Donald Trump could close the show if he picks Tim Scott as his running mate. It would make Democrats heads explode. They will go into full attack mode out of instinct and make the KKK look like a church choir.

My biggest knock against Tim Scott is that he is too nice. Like Mike Pence, just a tad too churchy. I think under Trump's wing he could find that necessary mean streak. I would love to see a little morality back in the White House. I believe Tim Scott is one of a very small handful in D.C. that has not been corrupted by The Swamp.
"Never underestimate Joe's ability to **** things up!"

-- Barack Obama
Redbrickbear
whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

And a per capita income like mexico

Which is why its hard to understand the endless freakouts about the danger of RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!

Its a poor country with 25% still not having indoor toilets and is in rapid demographic collapse.

Its not a world power
BearFan33
A fair criticism is Trump spent money like a drunken sailor.

In general, I don't think either candidate will do much about spending. But Trump will eventually save money by getting us on a path to peace and closing the border. A bonus will be no new wars.

Its going to be expensive to clean up the cities the left burn down once he is elected, but that was probably going to happen anyway sooner or later.
TWD 1974
Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

muddybrazos said:

sombear said:

Redbrickbear said:

whiterock said:

BaylorGuy314 said:

whiterock said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

KaiBear said:

Sam Lowry said:

Quote:

Quote:

And a per capita income like mexico

Which is why its hard to understand the endless freakouts about the danger of RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA!

Its a poor country with 25% still not having indoor toilets and is in rapid demographic collapse.

Its not a world power
Except they still have 5500 nuclear warheads. That does get your attention.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.