* * TV and Movies Thread

7,992 Views | 128 Replies | Last: 22 hrs ago by boykin_spaniel
Keyser Soze
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cool, good to head

"Based on the video game" is not a seller to me

Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Cool, good to head

"Based on the video game" is not a seller to me

Not a video game player myself either
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Keyser Soze
Just caught S1E1 of Fallout.

Pleasantly surprised. Very good. Did not realize it was by Johnathan Nolan (Dark Knight, Interstellar)
Assassin
Keyser Soze said:

Pleasantly surprised. Very good. Did not realize it was by Johnathan Nolan (Dark Knight, Interstellar)
Glad you liked it. Binged it and it was a blast
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Bear8084
Keyser Soze said:

I'm a big fan of all the games. Look forward to catching it soon. I've only heard good things about it from gamers and non-gamers alike.
Keyser Soze
Never played, it's good.

Told my collage age kid. He said "you know I played that"
Tempus Edax Rerum
Really looking forward to Spielberg's HBO series on Napoleon!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ridley-scotts-220m-napoleon-letdown-is-secretly-good-for-a-spielberg-project-in-the-works-for-56-years/ar-BB1lGyCt
Assassin
Tempus Edax Rerum said:

Really looking forward to Spielberg's HBO series on Napoleon!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ridley-scotts-220m-napoleon-letdown-is-secretly-good-for-a-spielberg-project-in-the-works-for-56-years/ar-BB1lGyCt
Hope its better than the disaster of a movie. Maybe thats the reason he is doing it
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

Keyser Soze said:

I'm a big fan of all the games. Look forward to catching it soon. I've only heard good things about it from gamers and non-gamers alike.
Walter Goggans steals the show. If you never put a name to a "face", you would know within minutes who I am speaking of. He also played Boyd Crowder in Justified if that stirs a memory or the trans prostitute in Sons of Anarchy
Bear8084
Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Walter Goggans steals the show. If you never put a name to a "face", you would know within minutes who I am speaking of. He also played Boyd Crowder in Justified if that stirs a memory or the trans prostitute in Sons of Anarchy

Ohhhh yes, very familiar! He steals the show in almost anything he's in. He always has me laughing so hard as Baby Billy in The Righteous Gemstones. Haha.
Assassin
Bear8084 said:

Assassin said:

Bear8084 said:

Keyser Soze said:

Ohhhh yes, very familiar! He steals the show in almost anything he's in. He alwaya has me laughing so hard as Baby Billy in The Righteous Gemstones. Haha.
And these roles are so diverse! A trans prostitute, a kingpin criminal, a televangelist, his "shhhh" role in Fallout...
boykin_spaniel
Goggins gives another great turn in Fallout. Never played the games but the show is bizarre and fun. Some dark humor, action, and mystery with a fun old soundtrack.
Assassin
Shogun with a great Episode 9. Picked up the pace a little as it had been slowing down. Going to rewatch all 9 of them before watching 10, the finale. Since this is so detailed, expect to pickup some goodies I didnt before
boykin_spaniel
The podcast isn't bad either. They discuss some of the actual history and who the characters are based on. Interview the writers, directors, and cast.
Assassin
Just started American Rust. Doenst look too bad

Assassin
High Hopes on Hulu... Medical Marijuana dispensary in LA

Laughed my ass off on Episode 1. Ep 2 was pretty good. Started to kinda get old by 3

BTW - If you are a child of the 80s, you will recognize Mr. Spicoli's long lost son rather quickly...
Assassin
Shogun, finale.

Sorry but I dont get it. Read all the reports and executives of the show recapping it and still dont get it.

There has to be more, eh?
Assassin
'We Were the Lucky Ones' - imagine an Anne Frank story in Poland amongst various families. Follows journeys, Siberia, Brazil, shootings, murder and more. The Jewish story. its a mini-series
Assassin
Just went back and binged Outer Range again before the start of S2. Not a bad series, just weird
Assassin
The Fall Guy with Ryan Gosling and Emily Blunt. Always love to see Emily in just about anything. Great stunts, predictable script. Fun for an afternoon.
Assassin
So 'Arthur the King' the other day. Mark Whalberg is an endurance athlete. they do hundreds of miles biking, running, hiking,climbing, kayaking, etc.

Along one of his last journey's, he picks up a stray dog. Wont give much more away.

Great family movie I think. Would have made Walt Disney proud
TechDawgMc
Went to see Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare tonight. Enjoyable movie if somewhat "by the numbers" war movie. Still, some fun scenes and they did manage to avoid a few cliches. While it's highly fictionalized, the base story is similar
Assassin
Trailer for first AI movie... Next Stop Paris.

Overpaid Hollywood, beware
boykin_spaniel
That looks worse than the offspring of a bad Hallmark Christmas movie and a soap opera.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.