Football
Sponsored by

* * Old Baylor Football or Football Related Photos

30,684 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 19 hrs ago by Assassin
Assassin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is interesting. NFL Hall of Famer Clyde "Bulldog" Turner check to Baylor in 1953. Turner played his college ball at Hardin Simmons back in the day
Assassin
Assassin said:

This is interesting. NFL Hall of Famer Clyde "Bulldog" Turner check to Baylor in 1953. Turner played his college ball at Hardin Simmons back in the day

Found this on Wiki:

During the 1952 NFL season, Turner was both a player for the Chicago Bears and an assistant coach responsible for instructing the guards and centers.

In January 1953, after retiring as a player, Turner was hired as an assistant line coach at Baylor University in Waco, Texas. He had a ranch in nearby Gatesville, and was responsible for coaching the offensive centers and defensive linebackers. He resigned his post at Baylor in February 1954.
Turner was an assistant coach for the Bears from 1954 to 1957. He worked from the pressbox and communicated by telephone to George Halas about weaknesses he had observed in opponents' defenses. He gave up his job with the Bears in 1958 to devote his full efforts to his ranch in Texas.
Assassin

1974 Baylor Bears Pre Spring Training Football (courtesy EBay)

oorahpa
What a great heritage BaylorFootball. Missing Roger and Baylor Drug. Should have never torn it down.
Assassin
oorahpa said:

What a great heritage BaylorFootball. Missing Roger and Baylor Drug. Should have never torn it down.

Courtesy Baylor Proud
Assassin

Courtesy Bpb
Assassin

Dirk West SWC cartoon
Assassin

1953 game
On Facebook at Memories of...
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Assassin
Dallas, Dallas Public, Texas, Texas Football, Texas Basketball, Texas Music, Memories From a Texas Window. Come see us!
Waco1947
Assassin said:

BEAR 45 said:

Assassin said:

Future Dallas Texan and Houston Oiler QB Cotton Davidson playing for the Baylor Bears, 1952
Because this was LONG ago, most of the younger Baylor fans don't really know how great this man was as both a player , coach and man. THE BEST !
Even this one in 1972, Roger Goree. He was one of the saving graces during the Beall years
who is he?
Sir_KnowsALot_
As a current student with core memories of the Case after the blackout in '13 and a game vs tamu in '08 seeing all of these pics from the 10s-80s is wild to me. My dad attended from '74-'80 so I love seeing what campus might have looked like back then or before
@Sir_KnowsALot_ on X
Bringer of Bangers and Knower of Ball

- Rumored Hamas and Israel Mediator
Stranger
Waco1947 said:

Assassin said:

BEAR 45 said:

Assassin said:

Future Dallas Texan and Houston Oiler QB Cotton Davidson playing for the Baylor Bears, 1952
Because this was LONG ago, most of the younger Baylor fans don't really know how great this man was as both a player , coach and man. THE BEST !
Even this one in 1972, Roger Goree. He was one of the saving graces during the Beall years
who is he?

maybe the best player ever to wear the green and gold. played on some really lousy teams and was still the best player in the conference most of his career. still my favorite Baylor Bear. Roger Goree.
I'm a Bearbacker
Assassin
historian
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Assassin

Baylor Bears 1927 Team

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.