Merry Christmas from west of the Pecos

937 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Pecos 45
Pecos 45
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We do things a bit different at Christmas out here in the west!
Proud to have been a part of this.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
william
Dale?
Nguyen One Soon
I never will forget my trip into Boquillas. It was the spring of 1969. My roommate and I were touring Big Bend and got to where you could cross over to Boquillas. There were two pre-teen boys operating a "ferry," actually a home-made barge. The round trip was a $.25 each. The trip over was easy, because we were going a bit downstream. After seeing the town, and drinking a coke, we headed back. The return trip was not so easy, as the river was running pretty strongly. It was then that we noticed the "oars" were broom handles with triangular pieces of plywood tied to them.
Pecos 45
Nguyen One Soon said:

I never will forget my trip into Boquillas. It was the spring of 1969. My roommate and I were touring Big Bend and got to where you could cross over to Boquillas. There were two pre-teen boys operating a "ferry," actually a home-made barge. The round trip was a $.25 each. The trip over was easy, because we were going a bit downstream. After seeing the town, and drinking a coke, we headed back. The return trip was not so easy, as the river was running pretty strongly. It was then that we noticed the "oars" were broom handles with triangular pieces of plywood tied to them.
That's how it used to be, and I remember those days well.
It's like a Clint Eastwood movie!
Malcolm Forbes
saabing bear
Nguyen One Soon said:

I never will forget my trip into Boquillas.
We went over sometime in the 80's. Boat ride was $2/person "plus teepay". We rode into town on "burritos". I mustered what little Spanish I knew and said "Yo creo necessito burrissimo!" while pointing to my gut. The trip back was more hazardous with a lot more Mexican nationals and one lawmower.
Pecos 45
It's not like El Paso, for certain.
You are on the frontier, bubba.
And you can just wade across the Rio Grande.
Malcolm Forbes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.