Fench Polynesia Trip Questions

1,581 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WILLIS
TXSVT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My 20th Wedding Anniversary is next year and I want to surprise my wife and take her on vacation to her dream destination. I was torn between Fiji and Tahiti/Bora Bora, but I think I have settled on Bora Bora. I've researched the two major airlines that fly there frequently which are Delta and Air Tahiti Nui. Both seem to be good choices but I am leaning more towards the Delta One seats for comfort. My plan is to fly to LA a few days before to break up the long trip and then take a direct flight from LAX to Bora Bora.

The hotels there I am looking at either the Intercontinental Bora Bora or St. Regis Bora Bora.

That is as far as I have gotten on this journey. I am up for suggestions or even talking to anyone who is a travel agent or can refer me to one to go over this. I also need suggestions for a credit card that is specifically for travel. I will have to pay for a few things in advance now but do not want to tip her off. I want a travel credit card for their travel insurance purposes and one with a $30-50K limit.

Time of year to travel? From my brief research January starts their summer so I am looking at that. February was a thought but we tend to get bad weather here in TX during February and I don't want to risk a weather delay getting out of here.

Open to any and all suggestions or experiences here and appreciate the help
Wade
Baylor Bear Foundation Board of Directors
GoBearsGo
I think pointsguy has all the travel info. I have a United card and a sapphire card. The United cost $500 but I get into the United club, free checked bags, uogrades etc so it's well worth it. The sapphire has been great as well we've done a 4 star Napa trip on the card. I
WILLIS
What did you end up booking?
WILLIS
Or not
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.