Are the Chile Rellenos at Irma's still the bomb?

4,862 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by JIVATY
Gust Avrakotos
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I haven't been there in a while but am planning to go in the next two weeks.

Gust
bularry
I don't get the attraction to that place. Never had their chile relleno
Dia del DougO
Never had them or been there. I love me some Rellenos. Hard to find a great one.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
Dia del DougO
Never order Chile Relleno at Chuy's. That's the last thing I had there that made me swear it off forever. I did not recognize what they brought out to me and thought they had gotten my order wrong. Unfortunatly, the order was accurate.

Looked like somebody had stepped on a hushpuppy and somebody else dug it out of the trash, threw it on a plate and poured some goo on it to disguise it.

"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
BaylorOkie
You don't go to Chuy's for the food, though. You just order some soft tacos or something and chow on the creamy jalapeno and hatch chile sauces. And then regret incinerating your mouth with the hatch sauce.
Lund Vernquist
Matt's El Rancho has the best chile relleno, in my book.
TechDawgMc
Dia del DougO said:

Never order Chile Relleno at Chuy's. That's the last thing I had there that made me swear it off forever. I did not recognize what they brought out to me and thought they had gotten my order wrong. Unfortunatly, the order was accurate.

Looked like somebody had stepped on a hushpuppy and somebody else dug it out of the trash, threw it on a plate and poured some goo on it to disguise it.

Almost anywhere can blow it once. Don't blame you for not going back but I get the relleno / enchilada combo all the time and it's always good. I usually get the creamy jalapeo on it.
Gust Avrakotos
BaylorOkie said:

You don't go to Chuy's for the food, though. You just order some soft tacos or something and chow on the creamy jalapeno and hatch chile sauces. And then regret incinerating your mouth with the hatch sauce.

I think you and I were separated at birth. I would have said the very same thing. You don't go to Chuys for the entrees. You go for the creamy jalapeo ranch and a mountain of chips.
Gust Avrakotos
bularry said:

Maybe that's why you don't get the attraction. Something for you to ponder.
bularry
Gust Avrakotos said:

bularry said:

Maybe that's why you don't get the attraction. Something for you to ponder.

Yes, maybe I've been ordering wrong

Don't work near downtown anymore so haven't been in a few years
Gust Avrakotos
Went to Irma's on Sat night before the Astros game. Got the Chile Relleno and it was good but man...the tamales looked amazing and the Guac was awesome. Going back soon.

Wife got fish tacos and she loved them.

Advice: Skip the watermelon lemonade if you have kids. My girls did not like.

Gust
Lavien
Lund Vernquist said:

Matt's El Rancho has the best chile relleno, in my book.
Hi! Can you suggest more like Matt's? Would love to try other places with good eats. Appreciate your help. Thank you!
JIVATY
Gust Avrakotos said:

BaylorOkie said:

Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ I would have said the very same thing. You don't go to Chuys for the entrees. You go for the creamy jalapeo ranch and a mountain of chips.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.