Los Cuscos

3,461 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by trey3216
geewago
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So what's eerbodys opinion of LC which took over the Steakhouse/Quaker Steak and Lube building. Or is it too early to ask. I ate there today and I think I can handle it. Especially after Walkons opens up, I'll be landing in that spot quite often. walkons is getting very close . Really look forward to them opening up. Cajun and Mexican practically side by side. What else do you want?
PartyBear
I did not realize it was open. When did it open. You have Chuy's right there anyway for Mexican
geewago
Chuys is a "horse of a different colored flavor" when it comes to Mexfood. I eat there every 6 months or so. It doesn't help that that;s the only restaurant I ever got food poisoning at. I thought the tamales had a strange flavor that day. But I took it it was just some weird seasoning they used. It wasn't.
4th and Inches
Salsa, green sauce, and chipsreminds me of Ninfas

Wife had combo 1 and I had combo 3 attempting to get a variety of things to sample... we didnt find anything that would be super unique to waco or have amazing flavors.
BellCountyBear
geewago said:

So what's eerbodys opinion of LC which took over the Steakhouse/Quaker Steak and Lube building. Or is it too early to ask. I ate there today and I think I can handle it. Especially after Walkons opens up, I'll be landing in that spot quite often. walkons is getting very close . Really look forward to them opening up. Cajun and Mexican practically side by side. What else do you want?
I would be suspicious of the food at a place named "The Headphones".
CorsicanaBear
Not great, not awful, pretty average. I will try again, but if its not better than what it was, I likely won't be back. I have cut my consumption of Mexican food so I am considerably more picky that previous. Frankly no Mexican restaurant in Waco is enticing to me right now.
Illigitimus non carborundum
BaylorGuy314
Best tortillas in waco. Don't @ me, bro.
BearChick
Is it related to the Los Cucos restaurants in Houston? I've been eating at the Katy location for probably 20 years. It's solid for Tex Mex.
PartyBear
I believe it is. I do know it is a regional chain.
BearlyNose
The menu is broader than most of the other Mexican food restaurants around town including offering many seafood based and steak based selections. And unlike Chuy's, if one is hard of hearing you can still hear your table mate's conversation. The green sauce is terrific and the service is attentive, and there is plenty of parking, which all adds up to a pleasant experince for anyone who appeciates the total restaurant experience.
If you don’t have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?
transmit5by9
Good, useful review. Opinions on food are subjective, but the atmosphere in terms of noise level isn't. My hearing is still pretty good (knock on wood), and the past few visits to Chuy's have been spoiled my the racket. I understand things can get elevated as the margaritas are consumed, but add that to the background music and overall cacophony of a busy waitstaff doing their job and conversations are near impossible.
trey3216
DesertSoul said:

The menu is broader than most of the other Mexican food restaurants around town including offering many seafood based and steak based selections. And unlike Chuy's, if one is hard of hearing you can still hear your table mate's conversation. The green sauce is terrific and the service is attentive, and there is plenty of parking, which all adds up to a pleasant experince for anyone who appeciates the total restaurant experience.

Just the fact they have an actual salsa ranks them higher than Chuy's
Mr. Treehorn treats objects like women, man.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.