Football
Sponsored by

Bama football transferred to Iowa, collected $100k NIL, then transferred back

1,989 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by GoodOleBaylorLine
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://notthebee.com/article/an-alabama-football-player-transfered-to-iowa-raked-in-huge-nil-money-there-then-transferred-back-to-the-tide-just-a-couple-of-months-later
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
ABC BEAR
Back in the 1970's Iowa coach, Bob Commings assessed his squad by saying: "What this team needs is more character and fewer characters."

The next coach for the Hawkeyes, Hayden Fry quipped, "What goes around, comes around."

It seems they were both right.
historian
"Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, For whatever one sows, that will he also reap."
Galatians 6:7
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
BUGWBBear
"I dood it cuz I kin!" Karma is waiting on that clown.
Jorkel
That's the collectives fault if they gave him NIL money without some kind of out.
Dia del DougO
It's a crappy thing to do, but in a way I almost applaud it as a way to illustrate just what a complete dumpsterfire NIL is for college sports.
"The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool."
whitetrash
Maybe Eric Dickerson could give this guy a ride in his maroon Trans Am.
Aliceinbubbleland
whitetrash said:

Maybe Eric Dickerson could give this guy a ride in his maroon Trans Am.
Unfortunately, that was a very expensive TransAm for SMU.
RightRevBear
The collectives (which I hate) should make them sign a contract.
randybear
Ewers went to Ohio State for $1.5 million, took one snap and then brought it to Austin. NIL people are going to learn not to just pay it all up front and make them earn it over time. Hopefully that will slow some of this crazy NIL BS down some.
TinFoilHatPreacherBear
randybear said:

Ewers went to Ohio State for $1.5 million, took one snap and then brought it to Austin. NIL people are going to learn not to just pay it all up front and make them earn it over time. Hopefully that will slow some of this crazy NIL BS down some.

Slow down, not exactly, maybe a few less transfers like the op, but marketers will just get smarter and more specific in the contracts.
Jorkel
randybear said:

NIL valuation vs actual money is probably vastly different. While they are getting money from collectives they are probably getting the bulk of their money from endorsements from actual companies if they are actually worth anything.
TheAgentGrant
gold Trans Am
GoodOleBaylorLine
This is hilarious. Completely on whoever gave him the NIL money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.