What is your favorite college football team of all time that wasn't the school that y

1,829 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Limited IQ Redneck in PU
Kevin249
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mine would be 2019 Minnesota. That was such a fun team to watch, they had an incredible receiving trio and tanner Morgan was really good that year. I am also biased because i got to see them play when they came to Rutgers. I also really like PJ Fleck so it was fun to see him do good.

Also West Virginia from 2018 comes close because how could you not like Will Grier. I also have to mention 2017 Iowa State is pretty close because they planted the flag in the middle of Oklahoma's field when they beat them.

[url=https://19216881.org][/url]
192.168.8.1
192.168.100.1
192.168.0.1


Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Doc Holliday
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Favorite team was 22 years ago, the South Central Louisiana State Mud Dogs pulled the upset against the Louisiana Cougars in the 50th Bourbon Bowl in a historic season
Jorkel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2007 West Virginia with Pat White, Steve Slaton, and Noel Devine just zooming past everyone.

Oh and 2005 USC because Seeing Reggie Bush play was like watching the matrix.
Michibear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1874 McGill University (Montreal, CA).

That or the undefeated 1919 Harvard Crimson team.
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1969 Texas Longhorns

Steve Worster
Jim Bertelson
James Street
Cotton Speyer
Ted Koy
Freddie Steinmark
Bill Atessis

11-0

435 points scored
119 points given up
BLM = "Give us the money or be called racist"
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2018 UMHB Crusaders

15-0 National Champions

801 points scored
127 points given up
ilbb990912
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1985-86 OU Sooners with Jamelle Holieway and Brian Bosworth
Reverend
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've got agree with Thee on this one.
DanaDane
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1998 UT Vols
BUBBFAN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Reverend said:

I've got agree with Thee on this one.
Me too. Maybe to many on this board weren't even born then. They missed a great team.
CaliByWayOfKS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1998 K-State team... They were so damn good and some how lost to A&M in the Big 12 title game. The fact that Brent V, Mangino, M Stoops and company admitted later that they were preparing for their new jobs vs preparing for the title game. They took the recruits they were getting to KSU and convinced them to flip to OU as well and Stoops built his NC team from that.

They hadn't even told Snyder they were leaving either.
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
My Sig Tau team that beat Sigma Chi for the Intramural Flag Football championship in 87 breaking their 'Decade of Dominance' 10yr winning streak.

And Stefano with the winning catch.
PacificBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2020 Bama. RTR
BearlySober
How long do you want to ignore this user?
2006 Wake Forest Demon Deacons
The Stache
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1969 Arkansas Razorbacks, who lost to Thee's 1969 Longhorns in "The Big Shootout", 15-14. Bill Montgomery, Chuck Dicus, Bill Burnett, Dick Bumpas, Cliff Powell. I was born in Arkansas, and loved the Hogs exclusively until we moved to Waco in '66. My first Baylor game was the the '66 season opener against Syracuse, and I immediately became a Baylor Bear. But that '69 Arkansas loss to Texas broke my heart. It's still painful to watch James Street's touchdown run, and the long pass to Randy Peschel on 4th and 1 that set up the winning TD,
Greenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stefano DiMera said:

My Sig Tau team that beat Sigma Chi for the Intramural Flag Football championship in 87 breaking their 'Decade of Dominance' 10yr winning streak.

And Stefano with the winning catch.
I graduated in 1980 and Sigma Chi never won football intramural while I was there.
Greenbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Had to read the original post - hard to believe that any Baylor fan could list any UT or OU team as a favorite for anything.
Jorkel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PacificBear said:

2020 Bama. RTR


That was a really good team. I remember when winning the national championship like it was yesterday.
MarriedINBUfan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1994 Colorado Buffaloes

Miracle In Michigan: Colorado Buffaloes' Kordell Stewart's Hail Mary Stuns Michigan Wolverines - Bing video
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Some great answers on her. I also loved that '07 WVU team running the option all over everyone. Stomped #2 OU in the Fiesta Bowl.

They somehow lost the Backyard Brawl to Pitt - just never got their offense rolling, tons of fumbles, missed FGs, etc, and lost a close low-scoring game. Otherwise, they'd have been playing in the title game.
TellMeYouLoveMe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1987 MiamI Hurricanes. I had a front row seat to watch Miami win the National Title in Orange Bowl.

Watching a young Michael Irvin score a TD was foreshadowing for the Cowboys title years that lay ahead.
but I sure as hell know plenty of them and I talk to them a lot, including during the search. And NOTHING was leaked.
RightRevBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The 2019 Wichita State Shockers. They were an awesome team that was so well coached.
Thee University
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RightRevBear said:

The 2019 Wichita State Shockers. They were an awesome team that was so well coached.
Had to be that 1986 team since that was the last year they played football?
BLM = "Give us the money or be called racist"
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1975 Arkansas

aggy came into Little Rock ranked #2 in early December. The game had been postponed from earlier in the season. I forget why. Anyway aggy was so sure they had the SWC locked up as they had just beaten UT on Thanksgiving Day.

Arkansas routed aggy that day and went on to Cotton Bowl. The game was being played for the Cotton Bowl (winner) and Liberty Bowl (loser).

Best sign I ever saw on TV was Hog fan holding up sign

Give Aggies Liberty or Give Them Death
Mr Tulip
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

1987 MiamI Hurricanes. I had a front row seat to watch Miami win the National Title in Orange Bowl.

Watching a young Michael Irvin score a TD was foreshadowing for the Cowboys title years that lay ahead.
I was a freshman at Texas in 1990. The Longhorns went on an unprecedented roll that season. They lost to eventual MNC Colorado, but managed to win out.

For their reward, they got Miami in the Cotton Bowl. Miami was a walking NCAA infraction in the time before anyone cared. Luther Campbell and the 2 Live Crew escorted them to the stadium. They didn't really need it as Russell Maryland and the rest of the 'Canes threw Texas around, committing personal fouls at their leisure, until the game mercifully ended. I believe the 46-3 result still stands as the largest margin of victory in Cotton Bowl history (USC would have exceeded that mark in 1995 against Tech, but the Red Raiders scored a TD on the final play for a 55-14 final).
Aliceinbubbleland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bad Boys Bad Boys Whatcha Gonna Do. That was Miami. Filthy but skilled beyond belief.
Robert Wilson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mr Tulip said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

1987 MiamI Hurricanes. I had a front row seat to watch Miami win the National Title in Orange Bowl.

Watching a young Michael Irvin score a TD was foreshadowing for the Cowboys title years that lay ahead.
I was a freshman at Texas in 1990. The Longhorns went on an unprecedented roll that season. They lost to eventual MNC Colorado, but managed to win out.

For their reward, they got Miami in the Cotton Bowl. Miami was a walking NCAA infraction in the time before anyone cared. Luther Campbell and the 2 Live Crew escorted them to the stadium. They didn't really need it as Russell Maryland and the rest of the 'Canes threw Texas around, committing personal fouls at their leisure, until the game mercifully ended. I believe the 46-3 result still stands as the largest margin of victory in Cotton Bowl history (USC would have exceeded that mark in 1995 against Tech, but the Red Raiders scored a TD on the final play for a 55-14 final).
I remember that game well. Everyone with any sense knew UT didn't want a piece of Miami. Miami had 15 penalties for over 200 yards in that game - mostly 15 yarders. That game was also the reason that the NCAA came up with the excessive celebration rule. Gardere was sacked 8 times and had 5 turnovers. That was back alley beatdown.
Max Quad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Robert Wilson said:

Mr Tulip said:

TellMeYouLoveMe said:

1987 MiamI Hurricanes. I had a front row seat to watch Miami win the National Title in Orange Bowl.

Watching a young Michael Irvin score a TD was foreshadowing for the Cowboys title years that lay ahead.
I was a freshman at Texas in 1990. The Longhorns went on an unprecedented roll that season. They lost to eventual MNC Colorado, but managed to win out.

For their reward, they got Miami in the Cotton Bowl. Miami was a walking NCAA infraction in the time before anyone cared. Luther Campbell and the 2 Live Crew escorted them to the stadium. They didn't really need it as Russell Maryland and the rest of the 'Canes threw Texas around, committing personal fouls at their leisure, until the game mercifully ended. I believe the 46-3 result still stands as the largest margin of victory in Cotton Bowl history (USC would have exceeded that mark in 1995 against Tech, but the Red Raiders scored a TD on the final play for a 55-14 final).
I remember that game well. Everyone with any sense knew UT didn't want a piece of Miami. Miami had 15 penalties for over 200 yards in that game - mostly 15 yarders. That game was also the reason that the NCAA came up with the excessive celebration rule. Gardere was sacked 8 times and had 5 turnovers. That was back alley beatdown.

It warms my heart just thinking about it.
HarryMehre
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The Stache said:

1969 Arkansas Razorbacks, who lost to Thee's 1969 Longhorns in "The Big Shootout", 15-14. Bill Montgomery, Chuck Dicus, Bill Burnett, Dick Bumpas, Cliff Powell. I was born in Arkansas, and loved the Hogs exclusively until we moved to Waco in '66. My first Baylor game was the the '66 season opener against Syracuse, and I immediately became a Baylor Bear. But that '69 Arkansas loss to Texas broke my heart. It's still painful to watch James Street's touchdown run, and the long pass to Randy Peschel on 4th and 1 that set up the winning TD,
I am almost perfectly opposite of you.

I moved to Little Rock in the Spring of 1969 and hated the Razorbacks. I knew early in the season that no one was going to beat Arkansas, unless it was Texas. I was in the 5th grade and my best friend's cousin started in the secondary for Texas. Other than him and me, the rest of the school and probably 99.9% of the state were rooting for the Hogs.

I was in disbelief when Texas fell behind 14-0, then overjoyed when Texas won.

I can still remember all of the signs in people's yards the next day proclaiming their love for the Razorbacks despite the loss.

I also enjoyed Ole Miss and Archie Manning beating Arkansas in the Sugar Bowl a few weeks later.
HarryMehre
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aliceinbubbleland said:

1975 Arkansas

aggy came into Little Rock ranked #2 in early December. The game had been postponed from earlier in the season. I forget why. Anyway aggy was so sure they had the SWC locked up as they had just beaten UT on Thanksgiving Day.

Arkansas routed aggy that day and went on to Cotton Bowl. The game was being played for the Cotton Bowl (winner) and Liberty Bowl (loser).

Best sign I ever saw on TV was Hog fan holding up sign

Give Aggies Liberty or Give Them Death
The game as moved to December for TV. After the big 1969 Texas-Arkansas game had such great success, ABC loved to play a SWC game in early December.

Arkansas-Texas in 1970
Texas A&M-Arkansas in 1975
Arkansas-Texas in 1976 (when both Royal and Broyles announced their retirements)
Houston-Texas A&M in 1977

are the ones that I remember.

A&M went to the Liberty Bowl on a cold December night a few days before Christmas and lost to Southern Cal. It was John McKay's last game at SC. The Trojans wanted to win and the Aggies looked like they wanted to get home for Christmas.
4yrletterbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am with Thee. Hands down the '69 UT team
Stefano DiMera
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Overall intramural champs..we stopped that streak..they used to parade around in their 'Decade of Dominance' shirts..we mocked them with 'Decade of Decadence' shirts..
LondonBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1997 Michigan Wolverines

This marked the continued streak of Baylor Football playing eventual National Champions... Michigan was lead by Brian Griese and soon to be Heisman Winner - Charles Woodson...Baylor took a 3-0 lead and never looked back.....lol

Actually attended this game - got on the field early Friday morning and into the UM Locker room.....security wasn't an issue back then....

I would encourage anyone who has a Top 10 Bucket list of College Football games to attend - to catch a Michigan game. Great tailgate parties and the stadium is incredible....
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TrustTheProcess said:

1997 Michigan Wolverines

This marked the continued streak of Baylor Football playing eventual National Champions... Michigan was lead by Brian Griese and soon to be Heisman Winner - Charles Woodson...Baylor took a 3-0 lead and never looked back.....lol

Actually attended this game - got on the field early Friday morning and into the UM Locker room.....security wasn't an issue back then....

I would encourage anyone who has a Top 10 Bucket list of College Football games to attend - to catch a Michigan game. Great tailgate parties and the stadium is incredible....

I'm pretty sure Tom Brady came in for a few series in 4th Qtr garbage time for Michigan in this game
Page 1 of 2
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.