Coworking Spot in Waco - Downtown

3,369 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by Edmond Bear
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am in and out of Waco a lot and sometimes need a spot to work. 25N Coworking just moved into the old Citizen's National building in downtown.

It is very nice and inexpensive. Grabbed a day spot for $20 includes a desk, good internet, coffee and a great view. Also comes with private rooms for video calls.

They opened on Monday and have half the building open. Will eventually be 25,000 feet of space.

Eleven-League Grant
Quote:

Grabbed a day spot for $20 includes a desk, good internet, coffee and a great view. Also comes with private rooms for video calls.
Good work. That same $20 would only get you a coffee at Starbucks.

Seriously, I figured they'd have to charge more than that to make it pay. Do you have to commit for a month at a time, or is it just day-to-day?
Edmond Bear
Eleven-League Grant said:

Quote:

Grabbed a day spot for $20 includes a desk, good internet, coffee and a great view. Also comes with private rooms for video calls.
Good work. That same $20 would only get you a coffee at Starbucks.

Seriously, I figured they'd have to charge more than that to make it pay. Do you have to commit for a month at a time, or is it just day-to-day?

$20 is day to day. No monthly commit required.

Mike E
Good to know.

There's a little place off Bosque called Liberty Offices that does the same thing. My job is remote but a few times a year we'll rent an office there for a day or two for training.

May need to check out this one downtown.
Boernebear
Thanks for posting this - I knew it had opened and looks nice from the outside but had not been in there yet. I live a couple blocks away downtown when I'm in Waco, and it's nice to know I have this option if I need it.

And $20/day is an unbelievable value for something like this!
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Yeah, great value.
TenBears
These things are truly one of the best innovations of the last 10 years.
Jakedasnake
Wow good to know! Might be able to make it up to some more sporting events with this.
- Jacob
Bear Doc
Just FYI, if you are a member of the Baylor Club, they have similar working areas I believe for this purpose that can be reserved...
1outawayBear
Waco work is who they copied.

Have 5 dollar day passes for the exact same as you described
Edmond Bear

So, my OP was 3 months ago. I'm back in town to take a daughter to Baylor Orientation and Line Camp and need a place to work. I walk in to 25N Coworking and the guy at the desk says, "Hi Chris." Remembered where I was from and that I had a daughter at Baylor.

Blew me away that they would remember that from 3 months ago.

The place has filled in a lot more.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
Bear Doc said:

Just FYI, if you are a member of the Baylor Club, they have similar working areas I believe for this purpose that can be reserved...

Unless they have changed policies Baylor Club closed door units can only be reserved for 2 hour slots though they do have the open work space in level 2.
Edmond Bear

At 25N again today. I find that I come to Waco now earlier in the week, work at the coworking spot, and then get to enjoy a longer weekend in Waco. The place is still filling up. Most of the dedicated desks and first and second floor closed offices are now taken. Third floor still has some space and they are redoing the main bank area right now.

cowboycwr
TenBears said:

Ten years ago how many people on this site (or society) would of thought there would be a need for places like this?

Or that working remote could even be a thing?
Edmond Bear
cowboycwr said:

TenBears said:

Ten years ago how many people on this site (or society) would of thought there would be a need for places like this?

I may be a little extreme with it but I love it.

I have a home office and an office at my company in Plano. I go to a coworking spot in Edmond where I live from time to time for local meetings or for blazing internet. I get on a plane to go visit clients and go early or stay over and work at airport coworking spots.

My viewpoint may be a little different because I work in an industry that has been doing it for 15 years.

You're right, the nature of work has changed alot and covid helped accelerate it.

cowboycwr
Edmond Bear said:

cowboycwr said:

TenBears said:

I may be a little extreme with it but I love it.

I have a home office and an office at my company in Plano. I go to a coworking spot in Edmond where I live from time to time for local meetings or for blazing internet. I get on a plane to go visit clients and go early or stay over and work at airport coworking spots.

My viewpoint may be a little different because I work in an industry that has been doing it for 15 years.

You're right, the nature of work has changed alot and covid helped accelerate it.

Working from home/remotely had pretty much always been a thing for some fields and allowable for extreme cases but I never would have imagined a time where almost every industry/field does it so much and in many cases pushes for it because it reduces costs to not have to have office buildings.
Edmond Bear

In town for the opening Men's and Women's games at Foster.

Back at 25N coworking and this place is filling in like crazy. Most of the single offices are full. Glad this place is making it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.