Franklin Ave. Mac House moving to a food truck business

2,685 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Edmond Bear
Pronto Tonto
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The tiny shack at 3428 Franklin Ave. known as The Mac House has decided to transition to a food truck business. Last day of operation is Saturday, July 30th. The current location will become a Pop's Lemonade Stand.

(https://www.machousewaco.com)
PartyBear
Where will the truck be located?

I remember that little building was a tiny Shipley's in the late 90s. I don't recall if the building was there before then.
Bexar Pitts
PartyBear said:

Where will the truck be located?

I remember that little building was a tiny Shipley's in the late 90s. I don't recall if the building was there before then.
I think at one time it was a one hour photo shop?
Grumpy
Ugh. I really liked the permanent building!
whitetrash
Was originally an outpost of Little Czech Bakery from West (aka Czech Stop). Don't recall it ever being a 1 hour photo place.
Bexar Pitts
whitetrash said:

Was originally an outpost of Little Czech Bakery from West (aka Czech Stop). Don't recall it ever being a 1 hour photo place.
You may be right..I remember a tiny photo mat in that Franklin Center lot, but it may have been down a bit, closer to Mike Prim's Mailing Center.
Bear Doc
I miss the Vitek's Gut Pak shack that was there for a few years...
Pronto Tonto
Grumpy said:

Ugh. I really liked the permanent building!
Me too! There's no telling where the food truck will be at any given time. My best guess is that it will be downtown or near Baylor - which will be highly inconvenient for us. The current location is acceptable for us (we live about 10 miles west of the Twin Bridges). The owners already have a presence at Magnolia; they also run The Cheddar Box. Visit the MacHouse Facebook page to make comments. I did.
Biscuits_and_Gravy
They originated at farmers market, I miss the great brie and peach sandwich's they had over the summer. Abby came in with Cheddar Box as one of the silo's original food trucks. The Mac House location has been convenient, honestly if I brave the silos Im getting a Trash Can at Club so I haven't picked up anything at Cheddar Box in awhile.

Pops is supplying several commercial customers so I'm guessing this will allow them to make better use of their workspace. I'm hoping we see the new Mac Truck in various locations but expect it to be on campus Friday's as the pops truck was last year.
PartyBear
They ought to consider putting a stand, or whatever the technical term is, in the new Union Hall which I believe is going to be called Union Garden or something like that out in Woodway on 84.
Grumpy
Is that thing actually going to happen?
Illinois Bear
Grumpy said:

https://centraltxreporter.com/2022/05/27/30000-square-foot-union-grove-food-hall-opening-in-2023/#origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F&cap=swipe,education&webview=1&dialog=1&viewport=natural&visibilityState=prerender&prerenderSize=1&viewerUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Famp%2Fs%2Fcentraltxreporter-com.cdn.ampproject.org%2Fc%2Fs%2Fcentraltxreporter.com%2F2022%2F05%2F27%2F30000-square-foot-union-grove-food-hall-opening-in-2023%2Famp%2F
PartyBear
Grumpy said:

I wasnt sure until in the last couple of weeks or so when signs went up at the site indicating it is comiing soon.
Grimm
Parking for the downtown one sucks... Where the heck are they going to put people for the woodway one?
whitetrash
Grimm said:

Parking for the downtown one sucks... Where the heck are they going to put people for the woodway one?

I drove yesterday past the one on 84. Saw the sign. It has even less parking than the one downtown, unless folks park at the apartment complex behind it or the funeral home next door.
WacoKelly83
There's a dentist office between the funeral home and the new Union Hall FWIW. Still very little parking
Edmond Bear
Pronto Tonto said:

The tiny shack at 3428 Franklin Ave. known as The Mac House has decided to transition to a food truck business. Last day of operation is Saturday, July 30th. The current location will become a Pop's Lemonade Stand.

(https://www.machousewaco.com)

Mac House is one my family's favorite restaurants in Waco. But, the hours seemed really weird. It was probably only open 25% of the time we tried to go there.

(side note - it's not my favorite but I have daughters)
Edmond Bear

Also, the director of ARA in the SUB told us that Mac House is going to rotate through there for 6 months alongside Pops Lemonade in the Fall. They'll be in the spot that Gretels used to be...about 30 years ago. I can't remember the name of the place now.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.