Billion Dollar Recycling Plant Coming to Waco

2,109 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by whitetrash
Edmond Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
An Atlanta based firm is making a billion dollar capital investment in Waco with a paperboard recycling plant. The plant will bring 230 jobs with an average pay of $65k.

https://wacotrib.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/billion-dollar-paper-recycling-mill-announced-in-waco/article_93de7634-a724-11ed-8cd4-af4a91ba53a5.html#tracking-source=mp-in-article
Old300Bear
Probably good news for home builders. Lots of new inventory to sell.
Calrocks94
This is huge news for Waco. It's gonna be a good investment money coming into our city, which is going to bring other businesses and more development.
baylrballa
having another road to access I35 there is great news as well.
OsoCoreyell
Payroll alone brings in $15MM annually to the economy. And nondurable manufacturing typically has a 5x multiplier for job creation. So 230 direct jobs likely creates 1,000 to 1,200 indirect jobs with suppliers, induced jobs, etc. So yeah, this is a very, very big deal for Waco.
cowboycwr
The article is behind a pay wall. Where is this going to be located?
whitetrash
cowboycwr said:

Out between Caterpillar and Hello Bello off Texas Central Parkway.
Edmond Bear
cowboycwr said:

It will be in Texas Central Park near the intersection of Hwy 84 and Hwy 6.
cowboycwr
So I am still confused as to the location and here is why:

One post said something about a road to 35.

One post said it will be by the two current factories

And one post said near 84 and 6 intersection

So all 3 of those are sort of different locations when you look on google maps. The two factories are on Gateway Dr so is that the street that could be extended to 35?
bankerbear
It's going on a 119 acre campus behind Caterpillar.
baylrballa
cowboycwr said:

So I am still confused as to the location and here is why:

One post said something about a road to 35.

One post said it will be by the two current factories

And one post said near 84 and 6 intersection

So all 3 of those are sort of different locations when you look on google maps. The two factories are on Gateway Dr so is that the street that could be extended to 35?
yes, it's all in the article.
whitetrash
https://vimeo.com/796569690

They have an AR display of the new facility. No location specified, but it appears to be off Gateway between Hello Bello on Texas Central Parkway and Caterpillar at Gateway and Bagby. It also appears to back up to the RR tracks that run behind Midway HS.
WilliamNored
Waco facility will be in the heart of Waco's largest industrial park, Texas Central Park, on Gateway Boulevard. I found it encouraging to read about an international company investing $1 billion to build a recycled paperboard plant in Waco. As a parent, I am deeply invested in preserving nature for future generations. In fact, my son is currently writing an essay about the impact of recycling plants on the environment, and he found some helpful resources at samploon.com/free-essays/nature/, there are a lot of useful articles about this. It's clear that recycling is an important part of sustainability, and I am glad to see companies taking steps to reduce waste and carbon emissions. I hope that this plant in Waco will not only create jobs for the local community but also serve as an example of how businesses can operate in an environmentally responsible manner.

whitetrash
whitetrash said:

https://vimeo.com/796569690

They have an AR display of the new facility. No location specified, but it appears to be off Gateway between Hello Bello on Texas Central Parkway and Caterpillar at Gateway and Bagby. It also appears to back up to the RR tracks that run behind Midway HS.
You can see Midway HS and stadium in the near background of this CGI mockup.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.